• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

They have a marketing department and a community manager, of course they follow everything
Some developers don't like neogaf but love listening to opinions on reddit and building their game round it. Some developers...like Bungie. Luke Smith would post for a day in DGAF thread every 3-4 months but that's about it.

Me and a few GAFers were at Gamescom and one of us screamed we were from GAF and one of the Bungie guys gave us a scowl..hah

LiK

How do I get that Mercy trophy for healing 5 guys for 200hp? I was healing like crazy in one game and didn't die and never popped. Is it a total amount or 200 per teammate? And I have to actually heal all 5 guys?

PatjuhR

How do I get that Mercy trophy for healing 5 guys for 200hp? I was healing like crazy in one game and didn't die and never popped. Is it a total amount or 200 per teammate? And I have to actually heal all 5 guys?

That's what I guessed it is.

Every person in your team you have to heal 200+

catspit

Heal all 5 guys 200hp. Hang back on a defend map and stay alive.

That said, Lucio is just a badass character in every single aspect except his visual design. God, they really phoned in the lameness on him.

That's because Blizzard went to google and typed in "black guy", "rap dreads", "EDM" "Headphones" to make him. Only design that's worse is Reaper.

vypek

I don't have it yet but I'm pretty sure you have to heal all 5 of them for 200HP each.

Eric WK

Yeah, it's like others have described. Seems tough but stick with Mercy and you will get it naturally.

X-Frame

Another mistake I've made is not playing all the heroes myself yet, so I don't know much about those unplayed heroes strengths and weaknesses enough to go up against them.

I'm still caught off guard about how not only can Reaper go into an invulnerable Wraith Form, but that also they regen almost all their health afterwards and seem to have reloaded?

I pretty much just ignore a disengaging Wraith Form Reaper at this point because I've been assuming to just 1 shot them after they come out.

I pretty much just need to play Offense heroes more. I'm all about Tanks and Support.

The exact verbage is "Restore 200 health for 5 players without dying as Mercy in Quick or Competitive play."

So I would take that to mean you need to heal all 5 teammates for at least 200 health without you yourself respawning.

This could be challenging as a lot of smaller health pool characters barely have 200 health, and they usually flock to health packs.

Nearly 90% of my time in game is with Mercy. There aren't enough players using the stat tracker sites yet to really get a feel for how I compare to others but I think I do well enough.

Averages

• 4k heal per game
  • 4.5 resurrections
  • .88 K/D

I have yet to unlock the rez 4 player achievement though
Holy shit, .88 k/d as Mercy?? How many kills are you averaging per game with her? My stats are similar to yours but my K/D is .01:1. When not healing, are you just shooting? I spend all my non-healing time giving damage buffs.
Yeah per teammate. I got this yesterday randomly. Not really something you can "go for", it'll just happen.

Dunlop

This is pretty good.
I had that warning message last night, I thought it was for everyone.

I think I've left 3 games total, because I was joined in when there was less than a minute left. I quit at the character select before ever joining

XenoRaven

So is there a list of all the characters that are "racist" against Omnics? I'm curious.

I've noticed Zarya and Torbjorn specifically have said not very nice things about Omnics in the pre-game.

Meanwhile Lucio has been very supportive of them.
I think Symmetra is on the list as well, but I can't recall a specific quote. She also seems to not like Lucio because he grew up poor I guess? She makes some derogatory comment to him related to him being from the streets.

PatjuhR

That's mostly because the most Reapers I encounter go into wraith form when they are low and disembark to a potion location. Yet I try to follow them most of the time.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Support isn't boring. Support is frustrating, because I have to watch the supposed damage-dealers shit the bed over and over.

yeah, support is definitely not boring. I have almost 6 eliminations per game average with Lucio and a personal best of 11. Mercy is way lower, but mercy also has a bigger fucking target on her back so most of my "excitement" with Mercy comes from playing "keep the squishy healer away from the enemies" with LSHIFT.

Another mistake I've made is not playing all the heroes myself yet, so I don't know much about those unplayed heroes strengths and weaknesses enough to go up against them.

I'm still caught off guard about how not only can Reaper go into an invulnerable Wraith Form, but that also they regen almost all their health afterwards and seem to have reloaded?

I pretty much just ignore a disengaging Wraith Form Reaper at this point because I've been assuming to just 1 shot them after they come out.

I pretty much just need to play Offense heroes more. I'm all about Tanks and Support.

Well, the more dead people around the more souls(50 hp) they can pick up. They can also pick up health packs on wraith form.
Reaper is dangerous on close range. But a good Reinhardt charge will kill him, so predict and time your charge for a easy kill.

kubricks

It's so sad when you like flanking other teams
, hate generic space marine with a passion, and discovered that you are the most helpful to objectives and gets best k/d ratio when using s76. :/

Baliis

I think Symmetra is on the list as well, but I can't recall a specific quote. She also seems to not like Lucio because he grew up poor I guess? She makes some derogatory comment to him related to him being from the streets.

It's because the company Symmetra works for was trying to demolish the favela where Lucio lived and he led an uprising that pushed them out. All of Lucio's sound tech that he has is stolen from Vishkar.

Check out the Symmetra comic if you get a chance, good stuff.

XenoRaven

It's because the company Symmetra works for was trying to demolish the favela where Lucio lived and he led an uprising that pushed them out. All of Lucio's sound tech that he has is stolen from Vishkar.

Check out the Symmetra comic if you get a chance, good stuff.
Oh, I didn't know that there was one. I'll read it.

That reminds me, Junkrat and Roadhog also both hate Omnics because their land was given away to Omnics after the Omnic crisis and they were displaced.

She has a robot/omnic? arm, so if she is racist against omnics, she probably has some pretty complicated feelings about her arm as well.

I think they just typed "Jet Set Rádio". Ended up great imo.

Yeah, Lucio is so 90s Jet Set Radio cheese I can't help but love him. I guess you had to be there?

Holy shit, .88 k/d as Mercy?? How many kills are you averaging per game with her? My stats are similar to yours but my K/D is .01:1. When not healing, are you just shooting? I spend all my non-healing time giving damage buffs.

Yeah per teammate. I got this yesterday randomly. Not really something you can "go for", it'll just happen.

It's actually down from .91. I was just asking over in the Discord chat what stat tracker people trust. According to overwatchtracker.com I'm 21st in solo kills - https://overwatchtracker.com/profile/xbox/global/RealAngryMonkey/heroes/mercy

In solo queues I don't often get teammates that are on comms so even if I'm calling out a sniper or some flanker they aren't aware. I regularly take out flankers or take potshots at enemy players. If there is a Reinhardt with a shield up and we're dealing with a group of enemies on a point or a turret I'll get my blaster out rather than boost someone. I can't trust that they're also shooting that turret or even aware.

X-Frame

Well, the more dead people around the more souls(50 hp) they can pick up. They can also pick up health packs on wraith form.
Reaper is dangerous on close range. But a good Reinhardt charge will kill him, so predict and time your charge for a easy kill.

See, I have absolutely no idea what you mean when you say they pick up souls for 50 hp each.

I really need to try him a few times.

It's actually down from .91. I was just asking over in the Discord chat what stat tracker people trust. According to overwatchtracker.com I'm 21st in solo kills - https://overwatchtracker.com/profile/xbox/global/RealAngryMonkey/heroes/mercy

In solo queues I don't often get teammates that are on comms so even if I'm calling out a sniper or some flanker they aren't aware. I regularly take out flankers or take potshots at enemy players. If there is a Reinhardt with a shield up and we're dealing with a group of enemies on a point or a turret I'll get my blaster out rather than boost someone. I can't trust that they're also shooting that turret or even aware.

Well that's awesome, those are great stats. I'll try utilizing my blaster more and see how it works out.

See, I have absolutely no idea what you mean when you say they pick up souls for 50 hp each.

I really need to try him a few times.

Most folks who play Reaper are mediocre at him, but when you run into a good one, it can be so frustrating. Like, "Fuck, how did he get behind me AGAIN?" frustrating.

LiK

yea, Lucio is def inspired by JSR and many of those tropes from that era. I don't see anything wrong with it. I wish his frog outfit had some moving light effects too.

Raxanas

Neo Member
Guys hello!I am interested in buying the game but i got some questions.
1)Are they gonna add new champs in the future?
2)If my team is bad is there any chance i can carry the game myself?I really dislike situations where u cant do anything if ur team is bad.
Also is there any chance in getting it for less than 40 in Europe?
Thanks

That's because Blizzard went to google and typed in "black guy", "rap dreads", "EDM" "Headphones" to make him. Only design that's worse is Reaper.

If not for Jet Set Radio, I think I would really hate Lucio.

But, eh. He's okay in my books. I say this knowing damn well I enjoy riding on the walls.

When buffing you should think about who you're buffing and how much damage you are actually netting. A +30% damage increase doesn't always exceed the amount of damage that you yourself could contribute from your pistol damage. Boosting bastion is worth it, but boosting soldier 76 probably isn't, especially as your pistol is pretty good up close, with headshots.

My Mercy K/D is 1.7, 3900 healing, 5 average revives.

Pistol damage also builds ult pretty quick, and you can orientate your attention towards threats to you, that I find your team mates often neglect. Like, I know Genji is going to go after me, so I'll weaken him before he gets close to he rethinks that approach.

Guys hello!I am interested in buying the game but i got some questions.
1)Are they gonna add new champs in the future?
2)If my team is bad is there any chance i can carry the game myself?I really dislike situations where u cant do anything if ur team is bad.
Also is there any chance in getting it for less than 40 in Europe?
Thanks

1) Yes.
2) In most cases, probably not. If you don't like no-win situations, you'll probably want to find a dependable group to play with, because in pub games there will be a whole lot of forehead-slapping and general dumb-fuckery that no amount of individual skill will be able to compensate for.
No idea about European pricing.

Torbjorn team games are no fucking fun. There is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start. Blizzard should cap number of same heroes at 3 or something.

Also, Torbjorn's turrets are fucking ridiculous and should not be able to trade with a Widow at Widow's optimal range.

Son Of D

I'm making mistakes in every game, really need to stop doing stuff like:

- Pressing the Ult button in panic, when I'm about to die to 3-4-5 enemies...

- Not reloading, after which I go 1 to 1 with somebody, press the fire button and see my hero reloading while getting killed.

- As Lucio, pop the speedboost at the start and enter the point first, dieing miserably as the rest of my team arrives.

- Forgetting Lucio has an alt fire.

What are some of your mistakes you seem to be making more than others GAF?

- Bad Ultimate timing. Sometimes I use them in panic when I could have got around that scenario without it.

- Not using the speed boost of Lucio as much as I should.

- Bad Blink use as Tracer. So many times I've Blinked too far and ended up right in front of someone firing and I get all the damage.

Silexx

Reaper does not regen health and reload in Wraith form. However, when enemy players die, they drop a 'soul' orb that Reaper can pick up to regain health. Also, if you run out of ammo as Reaper and activate Wraith form just as his reload animation starts, you can basically cancel the animation and come out of Wraith with full ammo.

gryvan

I think morning groups are just blatantly terrible which is a shock to me.

I expected to be less bads

primetime is now my goto time

Canucked

People complain about dropping into matches late but you don't get a hit for a loss and you get some xp. Sometimes all a losing team needs is a little push on a payload or someone to help push to an objective.

If all else fails pick Winston and go fuck people up. The the game wouldn't work if emtpy spots weren't replaced. And you don't want MORE people dropping because of some late game arbitrary cut-off for joiners.

XenoRaven

Does anyone know why Torb gets all upset on the Numbani map? Is it because Numbani is a city where humans and omnics live together, or is it because he has to defend the Doomfist gauntlet?

Crescende

Banned
Is there any decent streamer that is not playing Hanzo/Genji/Tracer/Reaper/omgkills?

I have a few hours to chill and want to enjoy some high lvl tank or support play.

Auctopus

It's funny to see people start to appreciate what matters on the player cards at the end of the match instead of just voting up the assault player who got more kills than the rest of the team but not quite as many as they should have.

But reapers design is also great.

I feel like he's designed specifically for a 15-year old blasting speed metal complaining about how he's stuck in the friend zone and how he'd be twice the gentleman Chad is.

AcAnchoa

Must be international Hanzo day, haven't been in a match without at least two of them in my team today. The best part is almost all of them were asking for healers. No fucking way I'm giving them the pleasure.

vypek

Does anyone know why Torb gets all upset on the Numbani map? Is it because Numbani is a city where humans and omnics live together, or is it because he has to defend the Doomfist gauntlet?

What is his line? I would guess it is because it is an omnic-friendly city. Unless he only says the line when on defense and not attack...then it could be about the gauntlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom