• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys hello!I am interested in buying the game but i got some questions.
1)Are they gonna add new champs in the future?
2)If my team is bad is there any chance i can carry the game myself?I really dislike situations where u cant do anything if ur team is bad.
Also is there any chance in getting it for less than 40 in Europe?
Thanks

1) Yeah, the plan is to add more heroes and maps (for free!)

2) Coordination among your team is a big plus in this game. If it's two uncoordinated teams against each other, then it's certainly possible to carry your team. But if you're facing a well-coordinated team, then the chances aren't good.

I'm level 20 and have only played public games. The extent of coordination I use is essentially just looking at the heroes my teammates have picked, and try to use someone who complements their heroes. I'm definitely looking forward to playing with others for that next level of strategy and coordination.

XenoRaven

What is his line? I would guess it is because it is an omnic-friendly city. Unless he only says the line when on defense and not attack...then it could be about the gauntlet.
"No! No! N-O! No!" or something like that.

I used to think it was contextual based on whether or not he was teamed up with Talon agents, but I noticed he only does it on Numbani and the other day I heard him do it when there was no one on a team he should have had a bad history with.

If you're 16 and feel like the world is ending.

I like his kit (the ability to ride on walls is dope) but his actual design is eyerolling.

Yeah, this is what I was talking about. I think he's, hands down, top 3 in the game kit-wise. He's just too effective in so many situations. Group speed buff, great damage on a burst with no (at least, I think no) dropoff, physical displacement skills and a massive overheal ultimate.

I feel like he's designed specifically for a 15-year old blasting speed metal complaining about how he's stuck in the friend zone and how he'd be twice the gentleman Chad is.

I was nice to her and let her complain to me about her relationship so she owes it to me to fuck me. Die die die.

Grief.exe

yeah, support is definitely not boring. I have almost 6 eliminations per game average with Lucio and a personal best of 11. Mercy is way lower, but mercy also has a bigger fucking target on her back so most of my "excitement" with Mercy comes from playing "keep the squishy healer away from the enemies" with LSHIFT.

Lucio is so tanky with his constant healing and boost.

X-Frame

Reaper does not regen health and reload in Wraith form. However, when enemy players die, they drop a 'soul' orb that Reaper can pick up to regain health. Also, if you run out of ammo as Reaper and activate Wraith form just as his reload animation starts, you can basically cancel the animation and come out of Wraith with full ammo.

Thank you! I clearly had no idea he could do that which is why I've been surprised at his health when exiting WF so many times.

LiK

I think I'll finally play Roadhog. Only played him a lil bit but I wanna git gud with his hook/shotgun insta-kill.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a warning I'll get penalized if I quit early again. Well, cool but maybe don't automatically kick me 20 times while I'm stuck on the loading screen. This never happened during the beta. It's especially grating since I've never quit a game of my own volition so far.

Kurumi

Is that the one where you get a different character after each death? I didn't play during the beta, but I heard about that mode at the time and now that I've been playing, that sounds like it could be some chaotic fun. Definitely hoping that that one comes back soon.

Yep. Had alot of fun playing that one. Female heroes only brawl would be cool too.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
13394018_1745731575668418_1386494906580785842_n.png

Okay 25 level now without a legendary, so the next should be one, hope you're right.

Makes me wish I didn't get one on my very first box.

Widowmaker Odette... Not my cup of tea to run around in ballerina lingerie. Cool design but on top of that I'm on console so sniping isn't exactly a fun time. I think I have two minutes played with her.

Hoping I get Lucio hockey skin next.

Yep. Had alot of fun playing that one. Female heroes only brawl would be cool too.

Yeah, my Pharah game would be pretty dominant without any Soldiers, Bastions, and Torbjorn turrets to worry about. Only real lady counter to her is Widowmaker, so just keep an eye out for snipers and everything would be gravy.

LiK

I have most costumes I wanted now so I'm getting highlight intros I want as well. Getting POTGs is so much harder now with fucking Bastions and Torbjorns getting it most of the time for dumbass kills. If I'm gonna get a highlight, need one I like.

I still don't get why this game can't show all stats at end. Show everything, healing, dmg done, eliminations and deaths. Then highlight who did the best in each category. This is a competitive shooter, not a baby game.

If I'm playing with a genji who gets 4 eliminations and 20 deaths, I wanna know. If I'm playing with a mercy who only healed for 500 points, I wanna know. These are my teammates, I should know how well they're doing, then be able to decide if I want to keep playing with them. Same with them seeing my stats.

I think I'll finally play Roadhog. Only played him a lil bit but I wanna git gud with his hook/shotgun insta-kill.

His hook - shotgun kill can be annoying at times. If you drag them through any sort of incline then the hooked target does not consistently end up in the same place in front of you (often causing you to drop the kill) and if they are tracer or some other fast, jumping, or dashing character the hook can often cause the hook to drag them to some weird situations.

I've had tracer hooked only for the hook to drag her behind me, or to the side of me. Very annoying.

He would be useless without that tho as he would constantly have to move away from his teammates to heal so would end up spending more time finding health packs than anything else

He has speed boost, get in and out quickly. He is widely considered S tier right now, and way too tanky for a healer.

There is a few balance changes that I think needs to be worked on

Mcree - Flashbang + Hammer is instakill, and even takes out tanks. (Dev already hinted at nerf)

D.Va - Critical hit box way too big. (Also hinted at being fixed)

Mei - She has too much escapability. Can freeze heal, then wall block once she is out to run away.

Lucio - Too tanky for a healer making him way too hard to remove on top of his great mobility. He also shouldnt be able to wall ride the pay load.

There is probably some others, but i think those are the 4 adjustments that needs to be made the most.

I still don't get why this game can't show all stats at end. Show everything, healing, dmg done, eliminations and deaths. Then highlight who did the best in each category. This is a competitive shooter, not a baby game.

If I'm playing with a genji who gets 4 eliminations and 20 deaths, I wanna know. If I'm playing with a mercy who only healed for 500 points, I wanna know. These are my teammates, I should know how well they're doing, then be able to decide if I want to keep playing with them. Same with them seeing my stats.

You want to keep playing with them if you win

Was Eurogamer's interview with Kaplan posted?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

Talks about competitive mode, balance, future plans... and tick rate.

I think players have latched onto server tick rate as being the reason that certain things happen. One of the things that players are upset about is that if they get shot, where they perceive they were behind a wall, that this is a problem with server tick rate. Certainly there are contributions that could happen with both the server and the client update rates that could cause something like that to happen, but usually, in most cases, you're talking about latency.

I've heard a lot of players say "god dammit, Blizzard, just add it to quick play". It would be wildly irresponsible for us to add that to something like quick play or competitive without getting more testing on the feature. This is something that you care about and you want to see more of: well, please use more of the feature that's in the game. Give us feedback, so we can iron out all of the kinks with it and if things are looking good, we can absolutely add it to other parts of the game.

vypek

"No! No! N-O! No!" or something like that.

I used to think it was contextual based on whether or not he was teamed up with Talon agents, but I noticed he only does it on Numbani and the other day I heard him do it when there was no one on a team he should have had a bad history with.

I'd guess its just that its cause of the omnics having a safe haven there. Does Torbjorn have a history with doom fist?

T.O.P

Banned
As soon as i started losing hope for Legendaries, i got like 5 going from level 30 to 37 lol

And all for characters that i usually pic :D

Dreavus

Played around with my mouse settings as per the advice here from yesterday. Hard to tell if it's making a difference just yet but I hope it helps (turned off mouse acceleration especially).

Also playing around with the crosshairs. I realized that seeing the recoil/spread of s76 isn't really useful and just takes up screen space. Trying out just a dot for most characters now.

He has speed boost, get in and out quickly. He is widely considered S tier right now, and way too tanky for a healer.

There is a few balance changes that I think needs to be worked on

Mcree - Flashbang + Hammer is instakill, and even takes out tanks. (Dev already hinted at nerf)

D.Va - Critical hit box way too big. (Also hinted at being fixed)

Mei - She has too much escapability. Can freeze heal, then wall block once she is out to run away.

Lucio - Too tanky for a healer making him way too hard to remove on top of his great mobility. He also shouldnt be able to wall ride the pay load.

There is probably some others, but i think those are the 4 adjustments that needs to be made the most.

Only other thing I can think of is Widow's scope charge time. Its kind of crazy it only takes a second.

I realized that seeing the recoil/spread of s76 isn't really useful and just takes up screen space. Trying out just a dot for most characters now.
I find this one very useful, especially at range.

Does the dot still give you the "tink" sound for headshots? And doesn't it takes away, e.g., Zarya's charge meter?

In the interview they also detail that a fan the hammer nerf for McCree is currently within a patch that's passing through cert on consoles.

So it won't be long until McCree's fan the hammer is quite a bit weaker.
Yeah, but if Overwatch balance patches regularly hinge on slow-ass console certification, I'm going to be annoyed.

R0ckman

Great group I found, but it was so late wasn't at my best performance, we won a majority of our matches and fought some decent people here and there.

After a while though you notice a pattern of Ultimate and Mercy revive wars on contest. They really need more diversity in the modes.

LiK

Dat feel when I managed to kill most of the other team and held onto a capture point while the rest of my team ended up dying and not getting POTG. I was on fire too so I dunno how any of this shit works.

idonteven

lost a game while at the first point only 5 secs had to go... after that they DESTROYED US

this game makes no sense

they where nowhere and out of the blue they became the best players ever

I have most costumes I wanted now so I'm getting highlight intros I want as well. Getting POTGs is so much harder now with fucking Bastions and Torbjorns getting it most of the time for dumbass kills. If I'm gonna get a highlight, need one I like.

I got a really sweet one for Widowmaker (the one where she hangs down from the top of the screen and aims down sights upside-down) and it kills me that I will never ever see it because I so rarely play her and will likely never POTG with her.

I got a really sweet one for Widowmaker (the one where she hangs down from the top of the screen and aims down sights upside-down) and it kills me that I will never ever see it because I so rarely play her and will likely never POTG with her.
I use this one! It's the only one of hers I like, and I use her a lot.

Agreed.

In many ways this game is so casual it hurts.

A scoreboard and assist system that tells everyone they're a winner, a skill based system that drags everyone to a 50% win rate regardless of how good or bad they are, various characters that you do not need to aim to play. Asynchronous gametypes where you can play two rounds and have no clear conclusion on which team is the better team?

One of my buddies has a broken controller (it cannot aim without stuttering) and still plays this game effectively because half of the cast do not require you to aim well to perform well (Winston, Symettra, Reinheart, Torbjorn, Lucio, Mercy, etc.). Others like McCree and Reaper have near flat learning curves.

But I guess it's these reasons (like the way the scoreboard doesn't tell you you did crap relative to the rest of your team) that this game appeals to people in the first place.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Finally saved up 1000 credits and want to buy the McCree Gambler skin, but I don't want to if Blizzard is going to nerf the fucking character and make him worthless (which they likely will) Decisions decisions!

Was Eurogamer's interview with Kaplan posted?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

Talks about competitive mode, balance, future plans... and tick rate.

They're not going to get a ton of high bandwidth testing happening as long as it is private match only and people don't realize that they want it tested. It's my understanding that it is quite buggy resulting in a lot of crashing at the moment so people just don't deal with it. However, if the community realized that they need feedback, I'm sure more would be willing to tough it out to potentially get the client update rate increased in all modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom