• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

I don't remember noticing any evidence of this. If true, it just further solidifies Lucio and one of the best characters in the game, jeez.

I wish I liked playing him more. I'm okay, and will do so in a pinch, but I'm never super excited to be playing Lucio, lol.

Wall riding and jumps are pretty fun but yeah his gameplay is pretty dull outside of that. You can do damage but you really can't kill people outside of environmental kills without a ton of help from your team.

Playing him is kind of relaxing though since he is hard to kill. You can focus on herding your team together and keeping them alive without thinking too much or juggling a ton of different things at once.

Is the "kill 4 people with Genji's ult" achievement broken? Anybody managed to get it ?
It's not broken, but I think it only counts final blows, not "eliminations."

Anyone who is even slightly damaged show up as yellow on Mercy's screen, and low-health people show up as "critical" with a "heal this fucking guy" icon. So it's not that I don't know, it's just that I've judged that you're not worth the effort to go out of my way to save because you're either in the thick of combat alone (or "flanking"), completely exposed in the open with a sniper, or out of line of sight (Widowmakers and Hanzos are the most guilty of this).
The times I play Mercy make me very conscious of how little attention people seem to pay to their health or health packs. I will see seriously injured people trotting past health packs on their way back to the front.

Run around the maps in customs and learn the locations!

Yup. That's easily one of my favorite combos. Such a blast to soar up into the air and heal/boost from above.

Also found a trick with her with Pharah, on like Dorado, she can get her on the building in beginning (I guess anyone who can vertical climb, too) near the payload. She can eaily heal people on top that building (other probably too), and keep them there and she won't get easily ganked like normally happens on ground level.

Zaventem

I mean, D.Va has a ton of movement capability, just not while shooting. Her boost has a 5 second cooldown!

Much more than any other character, D.Va's playstyle is basically modal. Her "moving around" mode is already pretty great, and her "protecting the team" mode is also reasonably strong. It's her "killing people" mode that basically sucks right now.

Even then they're still not discussing the gigantic fucking headbox which invalidates everything.

Whales

Banned
man, choosing a skin to buy is hard :(

what do you guys think is pharah's best looking one? i'd say raindancer but it feels like it looks like the default one too much

Zaventem

I like playing mercy in pubs because I think it'll make me a better mercy player in the end. It forces me to be a lot more mobile healing people all over the place, though I do die a lot more as mercy than lucio

I find that people straight up ignore lucio healing but run you down like a madman when playing mercy.

Mupod

in regards to D-Va I feel like her weapon situation needs to go into the trash entirely. She's like a crappier version of Winston with a bad shotgun when we already have two pretty decent shotgun guys. Not only do I find her not fun to play but her weapon is BORING. I don't know how drastic they are going to get with the changes but I'd rather have something more appropriate and iconic to a 'mech'. How about some homing missiles, or at least make the guns into some midrange autocannons.

Not asking to make her into a DPS beast like charged Zarya but there's a way to do it better.

Lesath

The times I play Mercy make me very conscious of how little attention people seem to pay to their health or health packs. I will see seriously injured people trotting past health packs on their way back to the front.

imo the best way to learn where they are is to play an annoying Tracer or Genji.

Whales

Banned
Seeing no evidence online of Lucio's speed boost helping payload movement or capping speed.

Sounds like some BS, brehs.

pretty sure it BS

just like the whole " defense can stand on the payload to make it go back" which isn't true, the payload goes back slowly by ITSELF

MUnited83

For you.
Fascinated some people didn't knew about Lucio's speeding up capture/payload. It makes such a huge difference especially in KOTH. It's really great not needing to hold it nearly as much to capture it.

I did this yesterday and had no luck. (4 final blows). Maybe it doesn't count kills with the dash?

Zaventem

man, choosing a skin to buy is hard :(

what do you guys think is pharah's best looking one? i'd say raindancer but it feels like it looks like the default one too much

I bought rain dancer because the skins i like are more subdued color wise. tThe blue mech skin is nice too.

Arcteryx

Wait, why were Beta players not receptive to multiple characters being released at once?

My guess is that it was too much of a change at once. Instead of just ONE new character being picked in every game...now try THREE. Likely fucked up team comps/overall enjoyment is my guess.

Eric WK

Y'all.

sznWMXB.jpg

Lelcar

Shooting and killing people with Mercy who are fighting other people is so fun. Especially shooting the other team's Mercy while she's healing someone. Her pistol is pretty powerful.

Rize_21

To me Mercy and Pharah are one of the worst combo you can do, Widow/Mei/Hanzo just down them so easily, I prefer dmg boosting soldier 76,Junkrat or Roadhog, I find that they are more efficients than boosting Pharah imo.

MUnited83

For you.
Here I was thinking people would have a little more evidence than "I swear I saw it that one time" when speaking about something as if it's a fact...smh lol.
It's definitely a thing, it's always faster when using "amp it up" in my experience.

ExVicis

Guys! One time I was playing Lucio with his speed boost on when I noticed the bullets coming out of 76's gun flew faster! It's true, look it up or test it!
/s

Zaventem

Shooting and killing people with Mercy who are fighting other people is so fun. Especially shooting the other team's Mercy while she's healing someone. Her pistol is pretty powerful.

Yeah i found out even getting a slight touch with the pistol counts for an elimination so i'll be doing that more. My kill ratio with mercy is near 0.3 i think lol

Fascinated some people didn't knew about Lucio's speeding up capture/payload. It makes such a huge difference especially in KOTH. It's really great not needing to hold it nearly as much to capture it.

I did this yesterday and had no luck. (4 final blows). Maybe it doesn't count kills with the dash?
Turrets don't count, and it may not have credited you for the Mercy kill — it was only a 9% elimination. I don't know for certain how it works, though, but I can tell you it's possible to get.

Also, Lucio does not speed up objective captures or payload pushes. This is an Overwatch Myth.

How much money?
A lot of money. I'm a higher level and have a fraction of those unlocks.

Argh! It's so demoralizing going from one losing team to the next. I'm doing everything I can to win objectives. I don't main. I play support or heavy when no one else does, and yet I'm constantly on the losing end. It's not like I'm going to stop playing or anything, but it feels pretty shitty going into a game now with the expectation to lose.

ExVicis

Tonight in "Games I was entirely certain we would lose"

We didn't even need a healer!

You should have gone Widowmaker yourself. Then you would have won.

My favorite is also people who when you're losing switch to Hanzo from a more useful hero and then do worse than they did before but refuse to switch again.

MajorMane

Here I was thinking people would have a little more evidence than "I swear I saw it that one time" when speaking about something as if it's a fact...smh lol.

I mean, either way, there's no concrete evidence. You have several people saying that it does and you have other people saying it doesn't. Both are based on anecdotal personal experiences.

Plum

You should have gone Widowmaker yourself. Then you would have won.

My favorite is also people who when you're losing switch to Hanzo from a more useful hero and then do worse than they did before but refuse to switch again.

Oh, we actually won. It was massively surprising but the enemy team just had NO idea how to counter my turret and the Bastion opposite.

MUnited83

For you.
I mean, either way, there's no concrete evidence. You have several people saying that it does and you have other people saying it doesn't. Both are based on anecdotal personal experiences.

I have my doubts about payload, but I would be extremely surprised if it isn't a thing in capture points. I effectively seen several times the bar filling up like at double the rate when using "amp it up" without anybody new getting to the point.

Heel

That's why you preface your statement with "I think" instead of presenting it as fact, when you don't truly know.

Sounds like one of those YouTube channels needs to test out the theory.

Plum

Oh! Well then good on ya for carrying the team then! Glad that story had a happy ending as opposed to a frustrating one.

The snipers didn't do half bad, but yeah a Torjborn against an enemy team with no knowledge of how to counter it is amazing.

Just had a 35 elimination KotH game with Tracer. Got 3 gold medals for Eliminations, Objective Kills and Objective Time. We lost because my team seemed to just be deathly afraid of the point.

MUnited83

For you.
ok I have like 4 hours of Lucio but didn't realize this ._.

It seems it might actually be up for discussion ahahah, but in control points it has definitely seem to have worked this way for me, or there some of my team players sneaking up on the point without me realizing lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well... officially done with loot boxes.

221 loot boxes.
currently 5K in credits (unknown number spent. probably 4K+)
number of characters without legendary skins: 9. I want to buy: hanzo, junkrat, mccree, symmetra, TORBJÖRN, widowmaker. I don't like any for dva, mei, tracer.
total legendary skins (not counting promos. not counting dupes): 16

will update with intros, victory poses, emotes, and player icons later today.

in other news, my Mercy was 1 vote away from Legendary last night. Even more crushing... one player didn't vote... noooooooooooo

Was the only one on my team to get nominated on the vote screen. I did 13,000 healing as Mercy.

Nobody on my team voted for me cause they all quit since we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom