• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Got my first Rare item in about 5 levels.

It was an emote for Zarya, a character I never play and am terrible at.

Thanks, game.

MajorMane

That's why you preface your statement with "I think" instead of presenting it as fact, when you don't truly know.

Sounds like one of those YouTube channels needs to test out the theory.

This is fair enough and I've gone back and edited my original post on it with that disclaimer. I intend to test it for sure later.

Grief.exe

I'm so damn bad with Zarya. She's really fun, but timing shields for oneself and team mates is difficult as all hell.

You have to be acutely aware of the game mechanics and predict when someone is going to take damage and react. It can be difficult.

At higher MMR levels, people are good at avoiding doing damage to the shields so you have to be sneaky about how you get your damage boost.

Drewfonse

I find that people straight up ignore lucio healing but run you down like a madman when playing mercy.

I'll bet if Lucio had a pulsating green healing aura, with + signs hovering in it, people would go after him more. With Mercy there is tangible evidence of her healing. With Lucio, it's kind of like, awww little guy is kind of cute....

darklin0

Banned
I have 12 hours on Lucío and I have never noticed objective boosting. Can someone test it out and provide video evidence? I am pretty sure you can't boost objective speed.

Blizzard really needs to fix the party system in this game. Having to leave the game and re-invite people who drop in and out is a major buzzkill.

Give me a Destiny style fireteam and I'll be a happy camper.

man, choosing a skin to buy is hard :(

what do you guys think is pharah's best looking one? i'd say raindancer but it feels like it looks like the default one too much

I like Jackal, plus it's cheap. I don't like the plastic hair-helmet from Mechaqueen/Raptorian and Raindancer/Thunderbird are too busy

MajorMane

Blizzard really needs to fix the party system in this game. Having to leave the game and re-invite people who drop in and out is a major buzzkill.

Give me a Destiny style fireteam and I'll be a happy camper.

At least on PC, I know people can (sometimes) request invites to the group, which the person/party leader can accept without ever having to leave the game. The person joins the game midway and spectates. Afterwards, if there's enough spots on the team, they join in or the team gets backed out and finds a new game. You can also invite people from in-game social menu and follow this same process.

Not perfect, but it's not terrible either.

Brandwin

I've literally seen mercy players keep a heal beam on a tank when he's not getting hit and ignore everyone else. I use to make fun of people without a healer in there top 5 but some folks just cannot do it.

100 horizontal, 40 vertical. Having fast turn speed on everyone makes a hell of a difference if you're on console. The vertical is w/e but when you play a hero like tracer you really do want it as fast as possible. Try out a higher number in the practice range and get a feel for it,

80/40 but it's because I play Genji/Tracer and teleport/dash behind people. You need to have higher horizontal sensitivity than your opponent if you want to capitalise on those movement shifts.

I seem to do the worst with offensive heroes. Defense>Tanks>Support>>>>>offense

At least on PC, I know people can (sometimes) request invites to the group, which the person/party leader can accept without ever having to leave the game. The person joins the game midway and spectates. Afterwards, if there's enough spots on the team, they join in or the team gets backed out and finds a new game. You can also invite people from in-game social menu and follow this same process.

Not perfect, but worthwhile.

I should've mentioned I'm on PS4. Those invite requests are completely broken right now. No way to accept or decline. Maybe that's all it needs for a fix.

BigDug13

Not perfect, but worthwhile.

Yeah on consoles it does the same thing. "XXX has requested to join the group, press Y or N". Only, there's no Y or N on a PS4 controller, so I guess that's a feature that was left over from the PC port that didn't get fixed in the control scheme?

MajorMane

I should've mentioned I'm on PS4. Those invite requests are completely broken right now. No way to accept or decline. Maybe that's all it needs for a fix.

Yeah on consoles it does the same thing. "XXX has requested to join the group, press Y or N". Only, there's no Y or N on a PS4 controller, so I guess that's a feature that was left over from the PC port that didn't get fixed in the control scheme?

Okay, yeah, I'm not familiar at all with the console versions, so that's pretty broken. Maybe if they fix that, it would make parties better. (Though, button space is already pretty limited on consoles. Might not be so simple.)

mbpm1

Was the only one on my team to get nominated on the vote screen. I did 13,000 healing as Mercy.

Nobody on my team voted for me cause they all quit since we lost.

image.php

Eric WK

But... If you are going to be playing it for a long time, it would have been all yours without the $240.

I highly doubt the average player will be able to keep up with the game's content drip, especially considering the random nature of the drops.

I don't get some people at all. I've seen so many Mercies in this game who will blatantly ignore me at like, 10% HP while they just hold left click heal on a full HP Soldier or Genji or whoever for forever. Not even change to damage boost!

this is why you see team HP as supportsssssssssssss

With Mercy I'm always going for whoever's critical and needs health. Even if it means jumping closer to the main fray. The biggest support person I have trouble with is Zenyatta, because I get into attack mode and am concentrating on getting the orb of discord on the right person to attack and forget to move the orb of harmony around. Need more practice with him.

Ardenyal

What sensitivity level are console players at? I am at 50 horizontal and 20 vertical right now. Much high on vertical and I feel like I miss a lot of shots.

75 / 51

under 40 vertical sensitivity launching in the air with pharah and aiming down below you felt too slow.

Kito

Some ultimates in this game are utter, brainless bullshit. Pharah, Soldier, McCree to name a few. Activate and destroy everyone in your field of view, no skill required.

Owensboro

Some ultimates in this game are utter, brainless bullshit. Pharah, Soldier, McCree to name a few. Activate and destroy everyone in your field of view, no skill required.

That's funny, because I absolutely LOVE blocking all those with shields (Reinhardt, Mae, etc...). Also, killing a Reaper during his ULT is soooo satisfying. "DIE, DIE, uuuugh." People who use them brainlessly end up wasting them when I'm playing.

Pharah is fair. If something is raining from above, look up and behind you and you can kill her. That's if Widow doesn't kill her first.

LiK

Nah, you still need to activate them in good position or you'll get shot down quick either right before or during it. They all take some skill and it's mainly positioning.

Finally saved up enough currency for a legendary skin, went for the Devil Mercy skin as she is my most played character and I'm not a fan of her other legendaries.

Mercy players...

You're in the middle of the battle, near the objective. You have your ult ready and you've got one, maybe two players around you. You're low on health, no one to fly to...you're about to die. Do you res or hold it?

Turret backed into a corner with a Reinhardt shield in front is a pretty wicked strat for pubs.

Played a game last night on Hollywood, where I set up my turret so it could see both the street and the stairway at the choke point before the first objective. A Reinhardt stood in front of it and we had a Widowmaker to the far left and a Junkrat placing traps everywhere. The other team couldn't do anything, never even got a single person to touch the objective. It was ridiculous and never should have worked but it did and was glorious.

Interfectum

Not really brainless. As people learn the audio callouts it's gonna be harder to utilize even Soldier 76's. I've seen plenty of epic fail ults from all three of those heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom