• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine her plan was to flit over, heal, and flit back. I tend to keep moving as Mercy, because it is rare that the team does much to help keep me alive. You're all shielded up with an immovable turret, so what happens when a Genji shows up? Mercy dies is what happens. Frankly, I'm not a fan of sheparding Rein with Mercy. He's usually not dealing any damage, he's generally not taking damage, he's not good at countering the flankers who are going to kill me, and when he is taking damage it's because his shield broke, and now I'm Mercy standing in front of everyone on the other team that was shooting at him. Reinhardt needs a Lucio babysitter, plain and simple. Healing, speed, and he can fire from behind your shield, as well as protect you from ults with Sound Barrier.

Pretty good evaluation. And to top it off, some of the best tactics against reinhardt are AOE spam from pharah and junkrat, dropping bombs just behind the shield where everyone is grouped up. So AOE heal from Lucio tends to complement that aspect as well.

I personally prefer lucio + mercy combination though.

DOWN

Banned
I highly recommend sucky newbs like me try weekly brawl for a while. It gives you a great chance to watch and try all the heroes and really have to learn which ones suit you best and during which games.

Doe the game throw you into either defense or offense depending on who you play most? I swear 90% of the time it throws me into defense games, wish there was a way to prioritize sides you'd prefer to be on

Nori Chan

Love idiot teammates who can't protect me as mercy cause they have no fucking awareness to their surroundings. Hmm why is this healers health going down. Oh mercy dead

I highly recommend sucky newbs like me try weekly brawl for a while. It gives you a great chance to watch and try all the heroes and really have to learn which ones suit you best and during which games.
This week's brawl is actually great at forcing you to learn heroes. It's all I played during the beta.

They probably should include it as a permanent game mode or a newbie training mode.

... huh.

Weird, it renders more as gold on my machine. I gotta get an upgrade.

Definitely not the same although this map makes it less obvious than it is

fsPaagK.jpg

4NrQMnZ.jpg

I like Reinhardt as Mercy if only because it's one less moron I need to be babysitting all the time. I also like Roadhog for giving me ultimate back up frequently.

I tend to avoid sitting on the tanks, though. Mercy works great with a Pharah.

Satch

Banned
I... I am so sorry, I have no words.

edit: Actually with further reflection I'm reminded of a game I had on Nepal: Sanctum, I was on a 20+ killstreak and I had 56 kills and 22k and we lost. Heartbreaking.

i keep watching that video and its like... rofl... u really cant win em all no matter what you do

Grisby

I will never get reaper's 3 kills in one clip lol. I have reloading addiction, I'll reload after 1 shot if I can
Oh man, I have this too. Took me forever to get over the no reloading in doom and playing as D.Va.
Has anyone had any experience with extreme rubberbanding? it's making the game pretty hard to play.
No, but I have had an instance of slowdown and some noticeable tearing on PS4.

Fugu

Sometimes you just gotta shoot 'em yourself.

Mercy's revive animation is odd. You can't move, but you can do basically everything else, like shoot and heal. This leads to a couple of tricks:
- You should revive in the air because you can engage/disengage angelic descent, giving you some control over your movement.
- You can shorten the animation by doing a weapon switch during a revive.

Ardenyal

People are still doing the week one torbjörn strats despite them being countered hard. So sick of seeing at least two torbjörns (+bastion) every defense round.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I... I am so sorry, I have no words.

edit: Actually with further reflection I'm reminded of a game I had on Nepal: Sanctum, I was on a 20+ killstreak and I had 56 kills and 22k and we lost. Heartbreaking.

Reminds me of every game i play as Roadhog.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
i keep watching that video and its like... rofl... u really cant win em all no matter what you do
I mean I just came out of a losing streak with pubs even though I was consistently getting Gold Medal Objective Kills, but watching that video had me like:

23aE1jb.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I came in late to a losing game and got gold medal in elims of 8 with roadhog.

With a team full of assault heroes.

What the fuck were they all doing before?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
QoL thing but can Zenyatta get a little on-screen prompt showing the health of whoever has his Harmony orb on them? Would really help with spreading the heals around

Dirtbag

Welp, I need teammates to enjoy this game again. Starting to get white knuckle rage at the average matchmade teammate now. I've reached my limit on playing on teams of 3 snipers, or watching tracers respawn and run blindly one by one to die.

PS4 Gamertag: Dirtbag-504

Add me, I'm good, I use a mic, play daily, play the objective. Will play any character needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom