• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN90

Is there an audio cue for when McCree's High Noon ends when he doesn't get a shot off (because everyone avoided line of sight)? Numerous times now I got owned with 1 second left when I exited cover because I thought he whiffed. I know the duration is only 5 seconds but it feels like an eternity in game.

Nottle

I had such a fun time yesterday playing Junkrat. I was hysterical. Me and Symetra setting up all the traps.

I love it when a character finally clicks for me. While everyone is talking about McRee, he still hasn't clicked for me. He seems so simple but I haven't found the rythym yet. I feel the same way with Zarya, hanzo, and maybe Genji. I know what they do, but sort of have a hard time doing it super effectively .

Yesterday I was so mad, I almost always play the hero that I think would be the most useful in a scenario, I'll play tank and support no problem. Well I was having trouble against Zarya on a koth map and I was playing Winston, I switched to Widowmaker because we kept going in and getting wrecked so I thought about mixing it up and taking them out form afar, i got 3 kills by flanking them but I was killed by McRee we ended up loosing and some guy was like "you kidding me, why'd you switch to Widowmaker, you would be better off as Winston, fucking autist." It's the first time I have gotten legitimately mad playing this game. I'm sad to see that this game has attracted the shitty moba crowd and and not more of the lets have goofy fun tf2 people. I want to win too, but I don't want to make people feel like shit for playing a pub game or trying to experiment. Fuck that guy.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing I want changed is Winstons alt going into 3rd person. Zenyatta should also get a movement speed increase.

3rd person for Winston's ult is actually a really good idea because I always feel like I flail around when using it, end up barely killing one character then super jumping away. They should make it like the FOV change/3rd person camera when Reinhardt puts up his shield so you can see more.

I had such a fun time yesterday playing Junkrat. I was hysterical. Me and Symetra setting up all the traps.

I love it when a character finally clicks for me. While everyone is talking about McRee, he still hasn't clicked for me. He seems so simple but I haven't found the rythym yet. I feel the same way with Zarya, hanzo, and maybe Genji. I know what they do, but sort of have a hard time doing it super effectively .

Yesterday I was so mad, I almost always play the hero that I think would be the most useful in a scenario, I'll play tank and support no problem. Well I was having trouble against Zarya on a koth map and I was playing Winston, I switched to Widowmaker because we kept going in and getting wrecked so I thought about mixing it up and taking them out form afar, i got 3 kills by flanking them but I was killed by McRee we ended up loosing and some guy was like "you kidding me, why'd you switch to Widowmaker, you would be better off as Winston, fucking autist." It's the first time I have gotten legitimately mad playing this game. I'm sad to see that this game has attracted the shitty moba crowd and and not more of the lets have goofy fun tf2 people. I want to win too, but I don't want to make people feel like shit for playing a pub game or trying to experiment. Fuck that guy.
same, junk rat is pretty fun, well timed bombs are a great feeling.

Anyone feel like Tor torrent needs a range nerd. Feels like I'm getting hit half way across the map

Regiruler

CFYd8lI.gif
To be fair, if roadhog misses the hook he's usually dead under discord

Apathy

Is there an audio cue for when McCree's High Noon ends when he doesn't get a shot off (because everyone avoided line of sight)? Numerous times now I got owned with 1 second left when I exited cover because I thought he whiffed. I know the duration is only 5 seconds but it feels like an eternity in game.

Of he uses it you hear the gun shots, if he saves it he says draw.

BigDug13

Why is Zenyatta slow af?

No. Base movement speed is the same but certain characters "feel" slower because of their eye distance from the ground. Bastion, reinhart, zenyatta, etc feel slower because they're taller. While Torb feels fast because his dwarf eyes are closer to the ground. Kinda like how bumper cam in a racing game feels faster than third person view or dash cam.

markwaters

Neo Member
Argh, I really feel that the need to shorten Zarya's shield charge time. I have no idea how to survive with her

Well, for starters, don't feel like you need to charge in without your team. You'll just get melted down regardless of whether not you use her barriers well. Treat her like an off-tank; she works best with another tank or in the midst of other heroes in general. She has quite a bit of health, but she doesn't have the escape options that DVa and Winston have, nor does she have the ability to soak up ~2000+ damage like Reinhardt. Her barriers are on cool down too often to just sit and soak up a lot damage, but they can save you and your teammates when they would otherwise die. Buddy up with someone who does lots of damage, then pay attention to where the enemy's fire is going and use your shields to get charge as well as save your buddy or other key teammates. Turning on teammate health bars as Zarya helps with this. Once you have your charge, shred their weaker heroes and look for opportunities to do vacuum wombo combos with other heroes.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Zenyatta doesn't need any type of buff. He is fine as is. Discord plus a full secondary fire charge from far away almost makes him the long range version of McCree.

Regiruler

Well, for starters, don't feel like you need to charge in without your team. You'll just get melted down regardless of whether not you use her barriers well. Treat her like an off-tank; she works best with another tank or in the midst of other heroes in general. She has quite a bit of health, but she doesn't have the escape options that DVa and Winston have, nor does she have the ability to soak up ~2000+ damage like Reinhardt. Her barriers are on cool down too often to just sit and soak up a lot damage, but they can save you and your teammates when they would otherwise die. Buddy up with someone who does lots of damage, then pay attention to where the enemy's fire is going and use your shields to get charge as well as save your buddy or other key teammates. Turning on teammate health bars as Zarya helps with this. Once you have your charge, shred their weaker heroes and look for opportunities to do vacuum wombo combos with other heroes.
Can she regenerate her shield bar under barrier?

Mupod

Argh, I really feel that the need to shorten Zarya's shield charge time. I have no idea how to survive with her

Hit and run and ALWAYS use the ally bubble when you think it'll take some hits. Don't put it on someone in cover expecting them to go in and eat some damage, because they won't. Drop it on that D-Va whose defense matrix just ran out, or the Roadhog wandering around out of cover.

My general strategy with Zarya at defended choke points is to pop out with my shield and take note of enemy positions. That first peek is not to do any damage because I'm not 100% charge yet anyways, so I duck back fast. I drop a shield on an ally as they peek out then once my own bubble is back I can start lobbing orbs at turrets or lasering anyone close. Zarya is AMAZING at dismantling all of Symmetra's bullshit so if there's one of those, do that.

The shield has a big hitbox and can block hits for you as well. If you drop it on someone between you and the line of fire it'll soak up some shots.

Remember the shield is not unbreakable and 200-250 damage will bring it down. But you have 200hp worth of your own shields so you can take a surprising amount of damage before you need a medkit or heal. A small medkit on Zarya goes much further for her than other characters. On some maps even if my team wipes I can escape and continue pestering the enemy while building ult and keeping my charge up.

The shield is immune to roadhog hooks and mccree's flashbang. It also will reset freeze but you can't use it when 100% frozen. You can rescue frozen allies though.

Hit and run and ALWAYS use the ally bubble when you think it'll take some hits. Don't put it on someone in cover expecting them to go in and eat some damage, because they won't. Drop it on that D-Va whose defense matrix just ran out, or the Roadhog wandering around out of cover.

My general strategy with Zarya at defended choke points is to pop out with my shield and take note of enemy positions. That first peek is not to do any damage because I'm not 100% charge yet anyways, so I duck back fast. I drop a shield on an ally as they peek out then once my own bubble is back I can start lobbing orbs at turrets or lasering anyone close. Zarya is AMAZING at dismantling all of Symmetra's bullshit so if there's one of those, do that.

The shield has a big hitbox and can block hits for you as well. If you drop it on someone between you and the line of fire it'll soak up some shots.

Remember the shield is not unbreakable and 200-250 damage will bring it down. But you have 200hp worth of your own shields so you can take a surprising amount of damage before you need a medkit or heal. A small medkit on Zarya goes much further for her than other characters. On some maps even if my team wipes I can escape and continue pestering the enemy while building ult and keeping my charge up.

The shield is immune to roadhog hooks and mccree's flashbang. It also will reset freeze but you can't use it when 100% frozen. You can rescue frozen allies though.

Stops Lucio's alt-fire, too. I have learned that the hard way MANY times.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Two aimbots today, both Hanzo's with shaky snap aim. Looking it up some aimbot was released so it's no surprise, guess we'll run into more of them until Blizzard do a ban wave. I wonder how it must feel to be so terrible you have to cheat.

To be fair, if roadhog misses the hook he's usually dead under discord

Eh, not unless he committed to it. If I throw out a hook I will usually be trying to pull you through wall, so that you won't hit me if I miss. If you hook then move into cover, you can make it so you're barely exposed at all.

Two aimbots today, both Hanzo's with shaky snap aim. Looking it up some aimbot was released so it's no surprise, guess we'll run into more of them until Blizzard do a ban wave. I wonder how it must feel to be so terrible you have to cheat.

Huh, over at /r/competitiveoverwatch people seem to think there isn't an aimbot available right now? There is an esp, but no aimbot. A little searching and I can't find anything.

The esp provides a huge advantage and is at present, undetectable though. The esp was available in the beta also, it offers a wallhack and some other stuff. Can't tell who's using it really because it's not like they're going to be killing you through walls like on Siege or Call of Duty.

[OT] title is beyond amazing. Fuck that whiny topic.

This game is mindshare champion right now. I was at Orlando's Megacon yesterday and five different times I heard random Overwatch conversations happening. And Tracer and Widowmaker cosplay.

Brilliant.

Rixxan

really not looking forward to dealing with this in competitive mode, as a GE in CSGO theres nothing as annoying/helpless as just sitting through a match with a blatant cheater

that being said sometimes snap aim can look like aimbot, when its just a person being legitimately nutty with the mouse

Firebrand

I suggest playing arcade mode if you guys want to just mess around with heroes in a live mp setting.

Was just dicking around with western guy to get a sense on him. Fun stuff.

WHAT TIME IS IT Y'ALL?
It's quarter past fiiiiiive *shoots into Reinhardt's shield*

Special C

really not looking forward to dealing with this in competitive mode, as a GE in CSGO theres nothing as annoying/helpless as just sitting through a match with a blatant cheater

that being said sometimes snap aim can look like aimbot, when its just a person being legitimately nutty with the mouse

Not bashing PC, but this is why I play competitive games on console.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Hmm alright, problem is, as always, people see that I pick a tank and assume that all I need to do is stand on the payload. :(

Also immune to roadhog hooks? I definitely saw myself getting hooked through shield. Either lag or it popped at the last millisecond?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

In this case it was definitely an aimbot, one of the popular ones is fairly crude and snaps between targets blatantly and it shakes every time it locks on. Before today I haven't had to report anyone, but I've ran into two already today which is a bit worrying, it's like there's a shitter newsletter that gets sent out whenever a new cheat is released.

Zarya is one of those character who couldn't give a shit about enemy ults.

It's High noon?

Nerf this?

Fire in the hole?

Bitch please *Activates Particle Barrier*

Sifl

Hmm alright, problem is, as always, people see that I pick a tank and assume that all I need to do is stand on the payload. :(

Also immune to roadhog hooks? I definitely saw myself getting hooked through shield. Either lag or it popped at the last millisecond?
The hook definitely gets blocked by the shield, so if you did your shield probably broke right when he started the hook.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zarya is one of those character who couldn't give a shit about enemy ults.

It's High noon?

Nerf this?

Fire in the hole?

Bitch please *Activates Particle Barrier*

I think the problem is that I don't know when to pop it, because if I don't somewhat regularly I feel like I'm a sitting duck even when I'm moving around. Then when I feel that I really need it I don't have it.

Also to be clear I pop it when enemies attack, but then I don't know what to counter with.

JJShadow

Ok, I can play considerably well with almost any defense/tank/support character, but I feel quite useless with any of the attack heroes (maybe with the exception of Pharah, had a few good matches with her), specially with Reaper/McCree/Soldier 76. How do you usually play them? I always try to flank the enemy, or just reach their back to eliminate isolated enemies, but I get wrecked most of the time and I feel like I'm contributing not really much

Any general advice on how to play them?

Gurrry

How do you guys think future skins will be handled?

Will they be bought through money only? Do you think youll be able to buy them with credits? Or will they have a chance to drop in a chest?

?

He does have a counter. Genji, D.Va, Winston are all great against him. Winston is a bit trickier because you have to know how to use the shield. In general, though, McCree is countered by distance. Hence he's also really easy to kill with Pharah, Soldier 76, Widowmaker/Hanzo/any other hero at a distance

McCree has counters, but you just listed 3 heroes that are really bad against McCree. All 3 have to get in close, and all 3 die to flashbang -> fan -> melee (-> roll -> fan -> melee) before they can react. Genji cant deflect a flashbang thrown at his feet.

The only way to not die to McCree is to play at long range. There's a reason why every competitive Overwatch game has 3-4 McCree's.

SDCowboy

I feel like every 10th level should net you a supply chest that has like has like 4 box contents in it. Or just give 4 boxes. Whichever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom