• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

POTG should never go to the losing team. Amirite?

Strong disagree, I love seeing things like how McCree broke past the line and destroyed us all from behind with an ult because we weren't paying attention to one hallway. Reminds me of what to watch for later.

Seriously, everytime you guys complain about a hero, you should try and play them. It will quickly make their weaknesses clear. Or maybe they are truly OP and you will get countless kills without dying at all.

Please argue mcree's weakness, (spoiler alert doesn't exist)

Mupod

Finally got a goddamn lifesaver Play of the Game as Lucio. Was beginning to think they didn't exist.

Are you a wizard? I've saved my whole damn team from riptires and never got one. Usually shows up in my highlights though, same with Zenyatta denying ults. I'm surprised I didn't get a POTG for outhealing a simultaneous S76 and Genji ult.

vixlar

What's the purpose of the little bar below the health?

And what's the purpose of points? I think those are related to that little bar. I thought points give you experience, like in battlefield, but it seems not. At least I think they fill your ult...

Dinjoralo

What's the purpose of the little bar below the health?

And what's the purpose of points? I think those are related to that little bar. I thought points give you experience, like in battlefield, but it seems not. At least I think they fill your ult...

The flame-bar is a basic metric for how well you're doing and how much you're helping your team.

Pilgrimzero

Love this game but trying to play Widow reminds me that I have the dexterity of a slug and can't snipe worth a darn.

Finally had my best game with 10 kills and 1 death on a defend map as D.Va.

Dreavus

Only thing I can think of is that McCree lacks any kind of map mobility so it's harder for him to properly flank. That's why people call him an "anti" flanker. He can still do it, but it's hard without the ability to blink or climb.

That doesn't really help you when you're in a fight with him but it limits where he can go I guess.

TaterTots

Banned
I've been playing since launch and still have not tried Winston.

I have more fun with Winston than any other character. Jumping over buildings and landing behind the enemy team, zapping, then jumping back is fun harassment. Also, popping his ult on control points and knocking everyone out makes you feel like a beast lol.

Astral

I find myself avoiding too many heroes as D.Va. I stay the fuck away from Tracers because she's way too fast and always ends up killing me, I stay away from McCree because he almost always blows up my mech, and I try to stay away from other characters unless I absolutely get the jump on them like Reaper because we trade too many hits even if I win. Basically, almost every time I 1v1 someone, I at least get my mech destroyed. Am I playing her wrong? Maybe my aim sucks. I know you're supposed to bully people and chase them around which are the times I do well with her but if it's face to face with most characters I feel like I blow up way too often or retreat too often.

I have more fun with Winston than any other character. Jumping over buildings and landing behind the enemy team, zapping, then jumping back is fun harassment. Also, popping his ult on control points and knocking everyone out makes you feel like a beast lol.

I also love his voice lines when he lands from a great height. *BOOM* "...hello."

Been trying to improve my Genji by practicing his combos in the shooting range. I feel pretty comfortable with the close range combo but the long range combo is still pretty tough for me. Like, initiating with Swift Strike is difficult to judge where I'll land next to my target when the goal is to try to strike through them and land as close as I can for the rest of the combo. This is compounded by the difficulty of turning around slowly on consoles because that split second is imperative in getting off the shurikens while remaining in melee range to do the required damage. I've been slowly trying to increase my sensitivity to help with turn speed but it'd be so helpful if I could map to my controller the ability to do a 180 degree turn at the press of a button.

Sifl

Wow, fucking terrible Mei players putting up an ice wall right behind us as a Mcree High Noon's trapping us all.

Hasney

Are you a wizard? I've saved my whole damn team from riptires and never got one. Usually shows up in my highlights though, same with Zenyatta denying ults. I'm surprised I didn't get a POTG for outhealing a simultaneous S76 and Genji ult.

Got a couple of eliminations at the same time as well as stuffing someones ultimate. Still salty that Lucios ultimate isn't eligible for play of the game since it stops rip tyres and D.Va destructions in thier tracks.

wamberz1

His cooldowns are long and without them he's much weaker, and he loses to many characters at mid-long range. Sure his left click is pretty decent but if he's fighting, say, soldier in an open area theirs no way he should win. He preys on close quarters, so don't play his game.
Also in 2v1s he's fucking dead. Use the buddy system.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They really need to release ranked mode already. Quick match mixing tryhards and people just playing for fun is just a recipe for frustration and toxicity.

markwaters

Neo Member

If he's engaged by multiple heroes, he has no way to kill more than one of them (assuming no misplays on the other team's part) or escape, so the best he can hope for is a 1-for-1 trade or a lucky second fan. If he's engaged at mid range or further, he is at a disadvantage against quite a few heroes without being able to flash-fan-roll-fan them. He needs to have superior awareness and positioning, or he will lose to good teamplay. He is slow, kind of bulky, and has no viable escape options once he's used his skills.

He's great at picking off single heroes or taking one or two heroes out of a teamfight, but if you're constantly getting caught out by him in 1v1 situations where no one can help you survive, that's completely on you as a player. No one is arguing that he isn't very good and versatile, but it's not like he single-handedly wins games. He just happens to be the answer to people who don't stick with their team -- which is fuckin' everybody since the game is brand new.

Egg0

Banned
I've seen the Genji light, he's such a fun character to play.

Plus, he's a great hard counter for Bastion. I haven't been killed by a Bastion's sentry yet as a Genji.

Thats not a weakness, well its a weakness in the same sense as " he cant build an ice wall" is a weakness.

McCree has poor mobility, which means it's easy to get the drop on him. Also, his only escape is a single, short-range stun. The options he has are always extremely limited; he largely relies on having people walk into him, from what I've observed.

The very thing that makes him so deadly--surprise attacks--is also his greatest weakness. But unlike other ambushers, he struggles to actually outmaneuver people to set up his surprises. He can be difficult to fight, but he's far from perfect.

Xeteh

Seriously, everytime you guys complain about a hero, you should try and play them. It will quickly make their weaknesses clear. Or maybe they are truly OP and you will get countless kills without dying at all.

Very first game I played McCree on during the beta I had 27 Eliminations, 24 streak and play of the game.

His flashbang is stupid and FTH being spammable might be dumber than that.

McCree has poor mobility, which means it's easy to get the drop on him. Also, his only escape is a single, short-range stun. The options he has are always extremely limited; he largely relies on having people walk into him, from what I've observed.

The very thing that makes him so deadly--surprise attacks--is also his greatest weakness. But unlike other ambushers, he struggles to actually outmaneuver people to set up his surprises. He can be difficult to fight, but he's far from perfect.

His only escape is a stun? Are you forgetting his roll that gets him out of sticky situations and reloads his gun to get rid of the person who is chasing him?

DrArchon

Got my first legendary that I didn't buy for real money.

zenyatta%20ra%20skin.jpg

Bad news is that I already had the Djinnyatta skin (plus Zen dies too easily).

aeolist

Banned
His cooldowns are long and without them he's much weaker, and he loses to many characters at mid-long range. Sure his left click is pretty decent but if he's fighting, say, soldier in an open area theirs no way he should win. He preys on close quarters, so don't play his game.
Also in 2v1s he's fucking dead. Use the buddy system.

given equal skill he's the undisputed king of mid-range. soldier gets wrecked by mccree.

and anyone should die against anyone 2v1, that's not a weakness.

I won't say it's idiotic but it gets boring to have to counter attempts at Mei rushes the same way every game.

This is something you encounter frequently? How would that even work? She has no decent ranged damage, it doesn't see to be something you would need to explicitly counter.

aeolist

Banned
This is something you encounter frequently? How would that even work? She has no decent ranged damage, it doesn't see to be something you would need to explicitly counter.

icicle actually does a ton of damage but it's hard for most people to land.

long-range mei headshot kills are so satisfying though.

McCree gets destroyed without his flashbang, so you can own from medium to long-range. He's also slow as shit, which makes it easy to get around him.

I played Torb last night and kept destroying the enemy McCree.

Zomba13

So my current characters I hate so much:
Zarya (those shield bubbles)
Mercy (heroes never die)
McCree (flashbang + fan = dead you 100%)
A good Tracer (doing its job and blinking in and out, distracting you and your team)

Everyone else I think is fine and I know what to do/how to counter but these I just feel useless (especially when the team doesn't' help).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom