• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRaider81

If you don't mind dying too much Winston is so much fun to cause panic in opposing team.

Jumping over them, zapping them and just causing mischief is hilarious.

Fast becoming favourite character.

markwaters

Neo Member
given equal skill he's the undisputed king of mid-range. soldier gets wrecked by mccree.

and anyone should die against anyone 2v1, that's not a weakness.

Given equal skill, if both 76 and McCree are not missing their shots, the 76 will win every single time on account of the fact that his burst damage at mid range is superior. In the time it takes McCree to land 3 headshots, he will already have been shredded to nothing by a pulse burst and a helix rocket. And the 76 can heal mid fight. And he can escape if he's losing. As long as he's not near flashbang, the fight is decided by whether the 76 hits his pulse rifle bursts and not the other way around. It's 76's fight to lose. As a McCree, I would not take this fight against a good 76 if I didn't immediately get a headshot or get a flashbang off.

BigDug13

His cooldowns are long and without them he's much weaker, and he loses to many characters at mid-long range. Sure his left click is pretty decent but if he's fighting, say, soldier in an open area theirs no way he should win. He preys on close quarters, so don't play his game.
Also in 2v1s he's fucking dead. Use the buddy system.

You can't not play his game when he's on defense at their spawn point. He might as well be a character in the defense category on those maps. Stun+ kill any flankers while they're distracted by a reaper or something else. Stun 2 flank attackers, kill roll kill.

wamberz1

given equal skill he's the undisputed king of mid-range. soldier gets wrecked by mccree.

How is he king? He can't flashback, can't right click and can only really hope to roll in and turn the situation into close combat. He left click sucks in a one on one against any hero decent at mid range unless he's crazy good.

Salarians

Man, I am awful as Soldier 76. In general, I'm better at defense: 91% win ratio with Symmetra, 10% with Pharah.

But I am improving as Roadhog and Reaper.

I swear, I was playing a game last night where Mei was doing this weird bunnyhop constantly up and off the cart and almost none of us could consistently hit her. What was weird is that I was solider and should have been hitting her way more than I was. It took switching to an AoE damaged to hit her.

Anyone ever see that? I feel that something was screwy with the hit box

J3ffro

I took yesterday off from playing to try to accomplish stuff that's been hanging over my head.

I may have developed a facial tick from withdrawal symptoms.

DrArchon

If you don't mind dying too much Winston is so much fun to cause panic in opposing team.

Jumping over them, zapping them and just causing mischief is hilarious.

Fast becoming favourite character.

I want to love Winston, but pub players never take advantage of the chaos he causes to push/push back the enemy team. I charge in like a maniac, turn on rage mode, slap a few guys around, maybe get a kill, and then die and see that the rest of my team is sitting back picking their noses instead of pushing the objective. It's absolutely infuriating.

Also his gun does no damage at all. Symmetra has a better gun than him at close range.

Someday, I'll fulfill my dream of reflecting a high noon.

I'm never in the right place. All you have to do is run out in the open and hold reflect.

Anteo

Why does everyone likes to ignore Mercy?
They want to kill the Roadhog she is healing instead of her
Like, TF2 was so many years ago this should be common knowledge, kill the healer

Klyka

Banned
It's kinda a little sad how the game almost purely revolves around killing the Mercy first or having any kill you just made be totally worthless.

Two Words

Genji should be able to blow back Mei's freeze gun. They should just make him spin his sword like a fan Yoshimitsu style in that moment.

DrArchon

Why does everyone likes to ignore Mercy?
They want to kill the Roadhog she is healing instead of her
Like, TF2 was so many years ago this should be common knowledge, kill the healer

I feel like everyone ignores Mercy unless I'm playing as her. Then everyone goes out of their way to kill me and I end up fighting 3 Tracers each of whom wants to kill me no matter what.

When the enemy team has a Mercy everyone on my team wants to 1v1 Reinhardt.

Anteo

I feel like everyone ignores Mercy unless I'm playing as her. Then everyone goes out of their way to kill me and I end up fighting 3 Tracers each of whom wants to kill me no matter what.

When the enemy team has a Mercy everyone on my team wants to 1v1 Reinhardt.

I whish I could say the same but, I actually got a couple of solo kills on a Bastion as Mercy so...

His only escape is a stun? Are you forgetting his roll that gets him out of sticky situations and reloads his gun to get rid of the person who is chasing him?

His six foot roll? I guess you could count it, but I wouldn't. It's very much an offensive tool, not an escape.

brawly

Genji is bae

KrBY8x.gif

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BrAwLy/video/18051958

Having so much fun with this guy. Also reflected Bastion's ultimate earlier but it didn't kill him :(

nOoblet16

Uh no, Solider is better than McCree at mid range because he fires faster and is just as accurate. Plus he has heal, is faster and can't be hit by flashbang at that range.

wamberz1

You can't not play his game when he's on defense at their spawn point. He might as well be a character in the defense category on those maps. Stun+ kill any flankers while they're distracted by a reaper or something else. Stun 2 flank attackers, kill roll kill.
How is that any different from the spy from tf2? I recall days where he would sneak up on the attackers and get tons of backstab kills while they were distracted. The solution is the same. Don't get distracted.stick to open ground and keep your eyes peeled. If you see him approaching gun him down before he gets close. If you HAVE to flank, be very careful and don't be afraid to run away to open ground, and buddy up so your teamate can kill him even if you die.

nOoblet16

As someone who's died healing a McCree from this very interaction I can tell you that flashbang can both be deflected and the stun will land back on people.
He didn't say Genji can't deflect the flashbang, he said if you throw a flashbang at Genji's feet on the ground he can't deflect it and he is right.

You can also throw on over his head to stun him without risking deflection, Reinhardt can be stunned from front this way too even if his shield is up.

fhqwhgads

My days of playing TF2 have taught me to never underestimate how stupid people can be
Won a game on Gibraltar without the enemy team touching the cart because they couldn't deal with two Torbelrones.
Had several games as Zenyetta where I got the most kills on the team because the team did so bad
Games where teammates don't seem to learn that blindly charging and overextending into fights gets them killed because I'm not going to follow them into a death trap
And the always classic past time of teams who never defend the side routes and let the exact same player get behind enemy lines so they can constantly kill the support who has to try and fight them off themselves.

I don't see what the solution to McCree's power is anyways. He exists to counter all the Tracer, Reaper, and Genji types running around. If we didn't have him, the character spam for those three would be overwhelming.

I just had my team pick all reapers, and I was frustrated, and then the enemy team came out the gate with all Winstons. It was pretty strange, but those shotguns killed all those poor monkeys

OldRoutes

Do you guys think it would help if we could somehow see if the opponent has his Ult ready? Like a little icon above the player's head?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
So my current characters I hate so much:
Zarya (those shield bubbles)
Mercy (heroes never die)
McCree (flashbang + fan = dead you 100%)
A good Tracer (doing its job and blinking in and out, distracting you and your team)

Everyone else I think is fine and I know what to do/how to counter but these I just feel useless (especially when the team doesn't' help).

You should also secretly hate Symmetra if you notice the opposing team reaching the point really fast after you just killed them.
I enjoy putting up teleporters as Symmetra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom