• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

1 headshot and 1 bodyshot kills 76. mccree has higher dps than him at any range.
And one headshot from Reaper kills McCree yet we know who is the one at a disadvantage in that matchup.

Just because he can do that doesn't mean he will no matter how good the player is even pros barely manage to get near 50% accuracy. One headshot and one bodyshot kills Soldier but can you land it every single time or even most to effectively call it a counter? What of a Soldier who is shooting at you with a biotic field active? One headshot+bodyshot won't kill him then and it gives enough time to easily kill a McCree just based on attrition.

Soldier doesn't need to have such an accuracy and he can keep firing for a higher practical DPS.

aeolist

Banned
And one headshot from Reaper kills McCree yet we k ow who is the one at a disadvantage on that matchup.

Just because he can do that doesn't mean he will all the time, one headshot and one bodyshot kills Soldier but can you land it every single time or even most to effectively call it a counter?

Soldier doesn't need to have such an accuracy and he can keep firing for a higher practical DPS.

that's why i said given equal skill, a much better player would win a 1v1 no matter what heroes are in play. if they're both hitting their shots (and mccree doesn't even need 2 headshots) then 76 loses.

Do posters on here think that this game has a long tern future under consoles?

I ask Because I am desperate to get it, but I have so much on just now (Daughters birthday, Festival, house extension, friends stag go and wedding) that I don't have the funds or time in general to drop on this game for a couple of months and don't want to end up buying a game which is going to be empty like Evolve.

I want to love Winston, but pub players never take advantage of the chaos he causes to push/push back the enemy team. I charge in like a maniac, turn on rage mode, slap a few guys around, maybe get a kill, and then die and see that the rest of my team is sitting back picking their noses instead of pushing the objective. It's absolutely infuriating.

Also his gun does no damage at all. Symmetra has a better gun than him at close range.
This happens far too often. I used Junkrat's special earlier. Rolled in to their base, blew up, killed one person and damaged the other two. Got quickly killed after and looked at my team mates and they were all still sitting back doing absolutely nothing.

ShogunX

You scoff, but Mei's in-game tip from Blizzard is to not fight her 1v1.

You can always take her for a ride.

kHZVyDk.gif

rdytoroll

I ask Because I am desperate to get it, but I have so much on just now (Daughters birthday, Festival, house extension, friends stag go and wedding) that I don't have the funds or time in general to drop on this game for a couple of months and don't want to end up buying a game which is going to be empty like Evolve.

It's Blizzard. This game will have crazy legs, much more so on PC I think but you really should be fine on the consoles. Diablo 3 for consoles also sold like crazy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lvl 40 box, finally another legendary...except its probably one of the worst in the game >_>

oh well at least one dropped

It may drop, but it won't drop like Evolve.

recks

As someone who's died healing a McCree from this very interaction I can tell you that flashbang can both be deflected and the stun will land back on people.
Genji can't reflect flashbangs throwed at the ground, same thing for Pharah's rockets or any other AoE projectile.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
When I'm playing Mei and D.VA players try to step to me:

giphy.gif

Tracer is my worst nightmare though. :/

This is how I feel when I've successfully killed a tracer after I guessed where she first blinked from:

hrs9Fro.jpg

Terrorblot

For giggles I spent the first 24 hours of playing trying to play as every character, eventually got all bars to an identical 1 hour played. Now that that's done it's all Mei all the time now tho.

I love when Mei tries to freeze me when I'm Pharah. I hit her with a rocket to back her ass up then I jump to the skies and melt her body with rockets of fury. One match I dominated her so bad when the player saw me he ran away but that didn't help much lol.

adz2ka

I've just experienced a first; against a team of 6 Genjis.

They got absolutely wrecked as half our team switched to Junkrat half way through

I've just experienced a first; against a team of 6 Genjis.

They got absolutely wrecked as half our team switched to Junkrat half way through
Wait, was I in this game?

We got six Winstons on Hanamura defense yesterday. They stomped the first point, but we switched to McCrees and Bastions with a Mercy and demolished them. Then they switched all Reinhardt and we still demolished them. (Deadeye becomes free kills against six Reinhardts.)

On the next round, we went six Winstons to honor their courage. They countered with four Bastions and two Reinhardts. We went six Genji and took the first point. Then they switched to all Junkrats and we lost. My teammates got mad at me for dishonoring them by switching to Hanzo near the end.

If you don't mind dying too much Winston is so much fun to cause panic in opposing team.

Jumping over them, zapping them and just causing mischief is hilarious.

Fast becoming favourite character.
Yeah, Winston is easily my favorite tank now, and in my top three heroes period. His ability to disrupt formations and cause chaos is amazing.

O7mAhfJ.gif

I do think his shield could use a tiny buff, though. It was nerfed due to the effect Double Winston was having on the game in the closed beta, but I think it's a bad thing heroes have to be balanced around character stacking.

Dreavus

After playing Reinhardt a ton over the weekend, I've been starting to feel the burn of lag or "tick rate" or whatever it is, especially when people are getting up in your shit and you want to maintain your shield.

When a Mei is trying to circle strafe you close range you have to turn more than you think and try to anticipate where she'll be. If you don't, then you get hit anyways, because on "their screen" you're not blocking and they're getting around your shield (you can see this on the kill cams if they do get you), but to you it looks like you are. It's very counter intuitive, even more so then the occasional death just around a corner.

Had a game earlier that featured Ganji, Tracer, Hanzo, and Widowmaker on defence. It was truly a nightmare.

Genji and Widow can be extremely useful in defense. Widow for sniping choke points and Genji for ambushing/harassing the other team's support.

Don't believe me? Go watch the archive of Seagull or any other competitive player/team.

Anteo

After playing Reinhardt a ton over the weekend, I've been starting to feel the burn of lag or "tick rate" or whatever it is, especially when people are getting up in your shit and you want to maintain your shield.

When a Mei is trying to circle strafe you close range you have to turn more than you think and try to anticipate where she'll be. If you don't, then you get hit anyways, because on "their screen" you're not blocking and they're getting around your shield (you can see this on the kill cams if they do get you), but to you it looks like you are. It's very counter intuitive, even more so then the occasional death just around a corner.

Does it matter vs Mei? As Mei I just walk past the shield, unless my oponent has a super fast turn rate he wont be able to defend himself. I pretty much put the gun on their mouths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom