• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Are the medals based on how you perform relative to your team? I figured they were a sort of "you played your class well" thing and scaled accordingly..

It's based on your performance vs. your team. So Gold Medal Damage = You did the most damage on your team

KarmaCow

Makes sense, I mean PC players are too cool to vote for other people, right?

I meant it more that I haven't played the console version or have any experience with how the playerbase votes.

But most of the time it's the healer that gets the vote or all of one team votes the single card that has a player on their team.

ViviOggi

Welcome to the best character.
And agreed on the shield. Maybe even reduce the cool down by even one second.so many times I've been mashing e to save myself since its been ages since I last used it only to die right before it resets.

image.php

ISOM

I try to give the healer or tank of my team a vote unless someone went crazy on eliminations or kill streaks. Obviously people don't do the same for me :(

DrArchon

How would you guys feel if they added a "Spy" like class? I miss cloaking and disguising.

Disguising would be a little off I feel with so many characters having really unique movement options. I mean, would there be a point to it when pretty much everyone has a different way to move around? I'd be very suspicious of any Winston that isn't leaping, Tracer that isn't blinking, Genji that isn't double jumping/wall climbing, Widowmaker that isn't grappling, etc.

Cloaking would be fine though and I'm very surprised that no one can do that already, even if it was just a partial cloak and not full 100% invisibility.

Ramirez

I just really can't get over the choice of allowing a hero to be selected more than once, it's just so dumb to me and makes zero sense.

Kyoufu

Any tips for unlocking the "The Path is Closed" trophy? Destroy 3 Symmetra teleporters in the same game.

How.

#How

The chances of playing against her and then being able to find her teleporter 3 times is pretty looooooooooow.

DrArchon

Ok, I've gotta start looking at the medals differently then. Got gold metal for healing as Roadhog a few times with a dedicated healer on the team..

That means someone fucked up, or they weren't playing as a healer the whole time. It's not uncommon that I won't get a silver for playing Roadhog for most the match though, but gold? That must be a rough match (or a match of Arcade mode I guess).

Any tips for unlocking the "The Path is Closed" trophy? Destroy 3 Symmetra teleporters in the same game.

How.

#How

The chances of playing against her and then being able to find her teleporter 3 times is pretty looooooooooow.

The only way I got this was playing a joke match as 6 Winstons vs 6 Symmetras. I can't imagine getting this in a normal match because I can't see a person playing Symmetra long enough to get up 3 teleporters without switching to another character.

I'd imagine you'd have to play as Tracer, Genji, or Reaper and focus entirely on infiltrating the back lines and looking for teleporters, but even then they'd probably switch to someone else once you blew up 1 or 2.

Ken

Would you guys rather they just have your team's stats show up for the team to see. I feel like while they have good intentions with medals, they don't really help pinpoint why or where you lost.

Gorillaz

I just really can't get over the choice of allowing a hero to be selected more than once, it's just so dumb to me and makes zero sense.
In some cases it's needed for certain strategies

Ran double tracker on kings row payload attack. They couldn't keep up with us.

theJwac

This OT's title is legendary!

I'm having so much fun with this game. Just need to find the right group to play with on XBone.

I didn't choose the Symmetra life. The Symmetra life chose me. I can easily put down 4 teleporters in a game and have the achievement for transporting 20 in a single game.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Game's crashing on startup, is there an option to get my money back from Blizzard or am I shit out of luck?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

We're still not sure what their ranked mode looks like. They could restrict it to single characters per team

Would you guys rather they just have your team's stats show up for the team to see. I feel like while they have good intentions with medals, they don't really help pinpoint why or where you lost.
It's a trade off I think. A reduction in toxicity for a bit more vagueness in results. I think it's worthwhile because it allows people to play the objective and try out characters with a bit less stress that somebody will call them out for dying a lot or something.

Thought I had quit out last night before a match had started but hadn't and I had to go and check on baby as he started crying. My wife woke up and took over quite quickly but when I came back to the game people were really unhappy with me. I mean, the level of nastiness directed at me was on par with Halo 2 back in the day. It was pretty funny, and sad but ultimately depressing.

How would you guys compare this game to Star Wars Battlefront as far as fun factor and estimated longevity go? I'm talking console version.

Thought I had quit out last night before a match had started but hadn't and I had to go and check on baby as he started crying. My wife woke up and took over quite quickly but when I came back to the game people were really unhappy with me. I mean, the level of nastiness directed at me was on par with Halo 2 back in the day. It was pretty funny, and sad but ultimately depressing.

This is the shit I'm trying to avoid, btw. It's not that serious for me.

Dreavus

Just like how character "comms" can get cut off by the player dying, they can also interrupt themselves with their ultimate too. Pretty great.

Ken

It's a trade off I think. A reduction in toxicity for a bit more vagueness in results. I think it's worthwhile because it allows people to play the objective and try out characters with a bit less stress that somebody will call them out for dying a lot or something.

I can't tell if I prefer finger pointing or passive aggressive toxicity against the entire team lol.

How would you guys compare this game to Star Wars Battlefront as far as fun factor and estimated longevity go? I'm talking console version.
I find Battlefront fun, but the variety of heroes I think will give this more longetivity for me. The matches tend to be a bit more dynamic. I play on both console/PC and the game is pretty similar on both outside of a little more precision on PC. To be fair I didn't get into more than 2 of the modes in Battlefront so that may have more longetivity if you really like the mode variety.

When the matches are so short it's barely worth getting annoyed about a loss.

Or maybe my time in League of Legends has hardened me to flamers. I just genuinely laugh at the few negative people I see.

fhqwhgads

Oh look, I literally spent 5 seconds attacking the objective as Zen and got a gold medal.

Great.
The life of a Zenyetta main summarised pretty well. Forever stuck with shitty teams until ranked comes along.

Advice time folks, got any tips for playing an offence Mei? I always feel useless when I try to use her in anything that isn't strictly defensive, I'm not sure what I'm not doing right but I could really use some help.

Sorry to read this. People really need to get a grip. This is entertainment.

Ken

The life of a Zenyetta main summarised pretty well. Forever stuck with shitty teams until ranked comes along.

Advice time folks, got any tips for playing an offence Mei? I always feel useless when I try to use her in anything that isn't strictly defensive, I'm not sure what I'm not doing right but I could really use some help.

You could try getting matched up against gaffers. I heard they just put their controllers down when Mei shows up.

gg ez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom