• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effnine

Lucio is just much more fun to play as than someone like Mercy...there..I said it!

He is. And I feel like his utility and ability to counter very annoying heroes makes him far better than Mercy. I love Mercy, but if you don't have a good, organized team, then she's almost useless.

psyfi

Banned
HEY XBOX PLAYERS: anyone want to get a party going at some point today? I'm just sitting around doing homework all day, and I'm gonna need to take an OW break sooner or later. Quote or PM me if you're interested! I'd love to find more XB1 folks to play with.

Edit : It might be easier to just pick a time. Let's say in two hours? Which would be 5:15 Pacific.

Just bought 11 Loot Boxes, and got me two highlight intros, a couple of epic skins, and one legendary skin...and over 1000 credits!

I consider that a good purchase.

JGLS

Just got two legendary skins back-to-back. Mei's firefighter and Symmetra's architect and tbh don't particularly like the look of either skin. Also, I'm terrible at using these characters. At least they'll appear on the menu screen once in a while. But I've been getting some pretty decent drops regularly, so I can't really complain.

cuilan

My current D.vawatch stats. I dropped down to #4 D.Va on PS4, and I don't think I'll be able to reclaim the #1 spot... =(

b4c1xQh.jpg

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Had a really awesome game attacking on King's Row today. I'd been playing Pharah for most of the match, but we got stymied on the final point by a Mercy/Bastion/Reinhardt in the last moments. We didn't have the proper ults to coordinate or time to communicate with our team to set up a counter.

With 30 seconds left, I switched to Zarya on impulse, kicked myself mentally while walking to rejoin the team because I knew there was no way I'd build ult in time to be of any use...

But then I used a self-shield to cross the distance and take cover behind the payload, built up 100 charge to melt the Reinhardt, then immediately turned around and shielded my friend playing McCree so he'd survive an enemy Deathblossom. He kills 3 people contesting the cart and Bastion didn't have enough time to move from its position, so we drove the cart home for the win in overtime.

This game, yo.

NeatoKuni

Why do we have to leave the game whenever we want to open loot chests or change skins? It's a bit of a pain playing with friends and having to resend invites whenever you want to change something. Especially when you get a couple randos on your team that you play well with.

B.O.O.M

Reinhardts shield is obliterated too quickly to deal with that many turrets, Pharah can't get close enough to be effective against all of them without being sniped by a Torb-turret, D.Va is one ultimate vs. 2 instantly re-built turrets and 2 re-spawning Bastions. I can see Widowmaker might be viable to deal with at least one unless she's being disrupted by a Tracer (or is just stupid).

This Bastion and Torbjorn combo just seems absurdly over-powered to me. I would love to see a video or something of someone overcoming this setup because I'd be interested in how it's done. I guess maybe two Reinhardts to alternate shields with Junkrat/Pharah hidden inside might work, but that's way too much coordination for a pub game.

As someone who plays a ton of those two characters I can tell you it can be overcome but you need to patient in the game. This setup is especially hard to deal with however on the hollywood map. Choke point is very hard on the offense team. Hanzo is great for dealing with this. Build up the meter and Ryuga Waga teki some. Also Genji's reflect is useful for a hit and run strategy. Same for Tracer. IF you can get a Bastion in place while the enemy fire is distracted however this whole issue is reversed in seconds lol and you will steamroll them real quick

Look man, I don't know what to tell you. I've seen all of those setups clear out turret nests before.

Of course, I've also been stopped dead by that sort of thing if the team can't get it together.

But why ask for suggestions if you're just going to say nothing works?
To be fair, he didn't say "nothing" works, just the solutions that were provided. And I tend to agree with him. A single Reinhardt with Pharah/Junkrat and the usual turret counters are not going to get pass that composition. A coordinated stacked team with self synergizing heroes will almost always defeat a diverse team, and that's a problem. It's a problem that heroes like Winston are specifically balanced to account for him being stacked. And I think it's a problem, in a game with almost two dozen heroes, that the competitive scene is dominated almost exclusively by stacked comps consisting of 2xLucio/2xMcCree/2xWinston and such.

jdavid459

PC Settings question:

What does the number in parenthesis mean after the resolution.

Ex. Multiple 2560 x 1440p resolutions
2560 x 1440p (99)*
2560 x 1440p (119)*
2560 x 1440p (143)*

??

B.O.O.M

He is. And I feel like his utility and ability to counter very annoying heroes makes him far better than Mercy. I love Mercy, but if you don't have a good, organized team, then she's almost useless.

Yep, most people don't care about Mercy's existence until they are about to die lol

You're not wrong.

;_; I thought Mercy Gaf will hate me forever for saying so

Yuuuuuuup. Being able to attack while I'm healing and having the ability to switch for speed when needed feels so much better.

Yep! That sound blast attack to knock players off the map...so satisfying. Especially satisfying to do it against a Tank like Winston or another Lucio lol

Firestorm

PC Settings question:

What does the number in parenthesis mean after the resolution.

Ex. Multiple 2560 x 1440p resolutions
2560 x 1440p (99)*
2560 x 1440p (119)*
2560 x 1440p (143)*

??
Refresh rate I think. So pick 119 for 120hz and 143 for 144hz monitors? 99 seems weird instead of 59.

Gorillaz

It's so irritating that bastion can stay unmoved by a winston primal rage

like not even unhinging himself after 3 or 4 hits but straight up can't be moved....amazing just amazing

legacyzero

Banned
So apparently this isnt eligible for the 20% off Amazon Prime discount. Fuck.

Depends on which point, but; Junkrat, Pharah, Widowmaker behind a Reinhardt Shield, Genji if you can sneak in, D.VA if you can get her ultimate charged...

If you like team based shooters, with a mostly casual feel, lots of character options, and feel good vibes, this is a terrific game.

Need something to pass the time after the NMS delay?
Oh yes lol
Buy it.

GOTY is the objectively-accurate verdict.

Absolutely the best multiplayer game I have played in years and worth every penny.
Thanks all

this is getting really fucking annoying now. I am level 40 and I have gotten one legendary from loot boxes. My friends are all around the same level, some less than me, and they have all gotten at least 4.

Astral

People need to understand that just because there's a D.Va on the team doesn't mean she'll be sufficient enough as a Tank. Go ahead and use a tank. Don't switch out from Reinhardt just because I used a tank.

psyfi

Banned
My current D.vawatch stats. I dropped down to #4 D.Va on PS4, and I don't think I'll be able to reclaim the #1 spot... =(
I must be missing it... How can you tell you're #4?

this is getting really fucking annoying now. I am level 40 and I have gotten one legendary from loot boxes. My friends are all around the same level, some less than me, and they have all gotten at least 4.
You can always just buy them if you have the credits. I had no clue about that until like two days ago.

SenkiDala

Well Overwatch is a game designed to force the player to change of hero depending on how the situation get. If you just play D.Va... What are you doing when your team need a healer? An assault? A sniper? When there is already another D.Va? I understand that you like this character, she's fun to play and I play her a lot too, but it's weird to just play her imo. :)

Just got two legendary skins back-to-back. Mei's firefighter and Symmetra's architect and tbh don't particularly like the look of either skin. Also, I'm terrible at using these characters. At least they'll appear on the menu screen once in a while. But I've been getting some pretty decent drops regularly, so I can't really complain.

I think I like Mei's Yeti Hunter skin best, which was one of the first skins I got for her.

Gryph

To be fair, he didn't say "nothing" works, just the solutions that were provided. And I tend to agree with him. A single Reinhardt with Pharah/Junkrat and the usual turret counters are not going to get pass that composition. A coordinated stacked team with self synergizing heroes will almost always defeat a diverse team, and that's a problem. It's a problem that heroes like Winston are specifically balanced to account for him being stacked. And I think it's a problem, in a game with almost two dozen heroes, that the competitive scene is dominated almost exclusively by stacked comps consisting of 2xLucio/2xMcCree/2xWinston and such.

I get that people don't like hero stacking, but that's a separate issue that I don't really care that much about.

I was responding to a request for advice about turret nests on a point. I gave the solutions to that problem. Do they always work? No. Have players in this thread made them work in some scenarios? Yes.

Saying that D.VA doesn't work because turrets are "instantly" rebuilt and Bastion re-spawns is a disingenuous response. The ult creates a window of time for your team to take a point. Junkrat can clear turrets from over a wall, or around a corner, Pharah can outrange or splash damage them down. People use these solutions to clear stacked Bastions.

I don't mind if people want to vent about their frustrations with the game, things get frustrating, people get angry about losing.

It's a little unfair though, to come into a thread and frame your venting as a request for advice and then dismiss the advice that people give you as unworkable. That's just a waste of everyone's time.

It's so irritating that bastion can stay unmoved by a winston primal rage

like not even unhinging himself after 3 or 4 hits but straight up can't be moved....amazing just amazing

It is a little strange considering that Zarya's gravity well and Roadhog's hook do. I get not wanting stuff like Pharah's wrist rocket and Lucio's alt fire not knocking back, but it seems like all Ults really should.

Sane_Man

I love this game, but playing solo is so fucking painful at times. I'm not an amazing player or anything but I'm decent and it just seems like I constantly get paired with mostly useless team mates against really well organised teams. I really need to get some PS4 Gaffers to team up with.

Dreavus

People need to understand that just because there's a D.Va on the team doesn't mean she'll be sufficient enough as a Tank. Go ahead and use a tank. Don't switch out from Reinhardt just because I used a tank.

I'd echo that. Some people take the team tips a little too much at face value.

The other problem you get is a Symmetra with no secondary support to keep your team in the fight, because she satisfies the "no support" condition.

Ninjew

If we're posting frustrating things in this thread: hanzo's spamming corners. I die to hanzo spam 3/4 times and I can't seem to hit them, then the kill cam shows they weren't even trying to hit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom