• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speely

Banned
I have to say that I haven't played her much yet though. So your beam gets stronger the longer you shoot, right? What's that number unter the reticle showing me? The amount of energy?

The beam gets stronger any time one of her shields are hit. So keeping them up anytime you are under attack as much as possible is key. When powered up, that beam can melt fools.

So what heroes will y'all NOT play? I always switch according to the situation, but there are certain heroes I never, ever play.

There's a bunch of heroes that I haven't played yet, but I might play them at some point.

The only hero I downright won't play is Genji. There's a certain way to play Genji, and I'm not good enough to play that style.

Grisby

I feel like Tracer has to be one of the most rewarding characters to ever play in a game. When you get all of the dodges just right, bombs planted just so, piss off everyone to follow you leaving the space wide open, and know the map perfectly it all clicks.

It's like playing old school arena games on steroids when you're blinking around.

I'm the stupid guy that jumps any time he gets a chance in a video game (you know when you see that MMO player hopping around for no reason? That's probably me) and she fits my add style perfectly.

Yawnny

For the people saying "I won't select a Tank" or "I'm no good at Support", I'd say it's wise to at least get a hand of one character in each role in case you need to pick up the slack and be the tank, healer, etc..

No good if everyone is being stubborn saying "I'm not a good Tank" leaving the whole team tank-less and thusly left with a shit comp.

Sou Da

So what heroes will y'all NOT play? I always switch according to the situation, but there are certain heroes I never, ever play.

Widowmaker: I feel like if you aren't great with her, she is useless. I suck at sniping, so I never do this to my team.

Bastion: Because I refuse to be a turret. I find him boring. He's my one petulant "nope you can't make me do it" hero.

That's about it. I'll only go Torb if we are defending certain points and no one else picks him, but that rarely happens.

D.Va and Mei, flat-out trash from head to toe. I don't refuse play Widowmaker but I don't really care for such a long range character.

Edzi

I just don't understand some people playing this on PC. Nobody reads/responds to chat, and everyone on my team just now kept running outside into Bastion's bullets, over and over and over again.

rdytoroll

I don't think she's overpowered; if anything, she's underpowered.

But she's despicable.

D.Va and Mei, flat-out trash from head to toe.

yall-need-jesus.jpg

Ramirez

I have less than a minute played on Bastion, and I think under 5 on Zarya, the rest I have an hour or so in. I want to get better with Zarya, but Bastion is lame, and I doubt I ever put much time into him.

JTripper

For the people saying "I won't select a Tank" or "I'm no good at Support", I'd say it's wise to at least get a hand of one character in each role in case you need to pick up the slack and be the tank, healer, etc..

No good if everyone is being stubborn saying "I'm not a good Tank" leaving the whole team tank-less and thusly left with a shit comp.

I was like this during the beta and when I started playing the final game but I forced myself to become comfortable with at least 1 or 2 heroes in each category.

Still not that confident on attack or tank but I can hold my own as McCree or Reinhart when needed. My mains are usually Junkrat, Widow, Hanzo, Mercy and Zenyatta.

Klyka

Banned
Widowmaker is such a shit character that just doesn't belong in this game.

Fucking had to cram a hitscan sniper in there to appeal to the snipe bros Blizzard.

Ugh.

My current D.vawatch stats. I dropped down to #4 D.Va on PS4, and I don't think I'll be able to reclaim the #1 spot... =(

Pffft, I've got higher most eliminations and a 74% win ratio with D.VA. Please get good.

Widowmaker: I feel like if you aren't great with her, she is useless. I suck at sniping, so I never do this to my team.

Bastion: Because I refuse to be a turret. I find him boring. He's my one petulant "nope you can't make me do it" hero.

That's about it. I'll only go Torb if we are defending certain points and no one else picks him, but that rarely happens.

All defense lol. I'm the same on all counts though. Y'know you're a shit Widowmaker when you get more kills with the grenade and the auto-fire. I have a much better time with Hanzo as a sniper but generally i avoid the defense class unless it's needed, least fun for me. Hanzo and Junkrat are all right tho.

rdytoroll

The beam gets stronger any time one of her shields are hit. So keeping them up anytime you are under attack as much as possible is key. When powered up, that beam can melt fools.

Oh, so that's why enemy Zaryas always do so much Dmg. I'll have to play her more

I don't really get not playing characters out of principle

Why wouldn't you swap to a character if they'll better accommodate the situation?

Trace

Banned

Fucking had to cram a hitscan sniper in there to appeal to the snipe bros Blizzard.

Ugh.

She needs her charge rate lowered, her attack rate lowered, her SMG damage lowered, and her hook needs a longer cooldown.

Klyka

Banned

Why wouldn't you swap to a character if they'll better accommodate the situation?

Because I refuse to be a snipe bro.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, EVER, EVERRRRRR play a sniper or use a sniper in any game. Ever.

She needs her charge rate lowered, her attack rate lowered, her SMG damage lowered, and her hook needs a longer cooldown.

That's a bit excessive but it is completely insane how much and how quick she can deal damage.
Her charge rate might as well not exist and bodyshots do insane damage as well so you don't even need to be a headshot machine.
And her perfectly silent Ultimate that you have no idea when it is on or not that literally allows the entire team to see your team.
Like, just, what? Just WHAT?
How did anyone at Blizzard think "yes a hitscan sniper and a wallhack, man such INTERESTING and FUN mechanics"

Ugh.

I'm convinced that Blizzard realized that the first character all the teenage boys would pick is the half-naked sniper with the big butt, so they just went all-out with the broken design choices so they could get kills.

Moonlight

Banned

I just don't like 'em! Luckily, my attitude is not common among teams I play and the characters I do dislike are reasonably popular picks so there will always be someone to do that for me while I play as a character I do like, like Mercy.

I don't get that kill assist trophy with Zen. Like, you can only use one discord orb at a time right? How the fuck are you supposed to get it on 4 people and have them be killed within 6 seconds?

i have no idea haha. I just know that even people in achievement boosting sessions that are specifically going for it cant unlock it either

Sianos

I love playing as tanks, which initially suprised me.

D.VA and Zarya are my favorites and the two I play the most, but Winston also gets some time on KOTH or when there is a considerable amount of snipers and light classes that need dealing with. I'd like to learn Roadhog at some poont as well.

Only one who doesn't click with me is Reinhardt, to me he feels clunky and my rectangle breaks very quickly.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
He's a beast! Easily my new fav hero. Grats on it clicking for you. Took forever for me (and still is hehe.)

Yeah he's definitely one of the harder offense hero's to use but he is immensely rewarding and super fun.

He's amazing in team fights when people are just shooting at the other side and not really paying attention to what they're shooting at so they just blow themselves up.

What took me forever to get was how to harass with him without dying.

I still wish the cool down on his dash was shorter during his ult because some times you'll use it and then everyone just moves away and you cant catch em.

X-Frame

I have to say that I haven't played her much yet though. So your beam gets stronger the longer you shoot, right? What's that number unter the reticle showing me? The amount of energy?

Oh, so that's why enemy Zaryas always do so much Dmg. I'll have to play her more

Yup, when she is at high energy she is a monster. She went from my least known character when I bought the game this week to my most played character once I got the hang of her.

As time goes on though more people will be aware of her barrier mechanic and stop firing once it goes up, but if you're in a 1v1 with a Zarya and you stop firing so that you don't empower her, she'll just be shooting you anyway. It's a win-win situation for Zarya if you can get into smart encounters with her by engaging on your own terms and not overextending. But when I am at +90% energy she is scary good, especially if you have your Ultimate ready.

"FIRE AT WILL!"

Klyka

Banned
I'm convinced that Blizzard realized that the first character all the teenage boys would pick is the sniper with the big butt, so they just went all-out with the broken design choices so they could get kills.

The thing is, she is also BORING.

Her gun is boring cause it is literally the same hitscan sniper that is in 95% of all FPS games.
She has a grappling hook literally for the sole purpose of getting to snipe spots (you can't swing or do anything fun with it, it might as well be a teleport to a ledge). Yawn.
And she has a little poison mine thingy that goes "poof". Man how EXCITING.

She is boring to play AS and boring to play AGAINST because I have played against this EXACT CHARACTER in basically every FPS ever made.

20 amazingly designed and diverse characters. And then a shitty hitscan sniper.

Trace

Banned
Well, there's not that much competition besides Hanzo.

And Hanzo is worthless in comparison. Widow's SMG has higher DPS than Solider 76's rifle. Her attack rate is so fast you can double or even triple tap someone in the air. And Widow's rifle charges just as fast as Hanzo's arrow, does the same damage and has no travel time. A good Widow can kill Roadhog in under 2 seconds.

Speely

Banned
All defense lol. I'm the same on all counts though. Y'know you're a shit Widowmaker when you get more kills with the grenade and the auto-fire. I have a much better time with Hanzo as a sniper but generally i avoid the defense class unless it's needed, least fun for me. Hanzo and Junkrat are all right tho.

Yeah Hanzo and Junkrat are ok. At least Hanzo can provide steady wall vision and has a good clump-defense-breaking Ult. Junkrat can make attackers pay. Other than that I am with you on Defense heroes. I almost always play a tank or support on Defense unless we alreay have em, in which case I go Genji.

Also be sure not to shoot at her shields if the enemy is playing her! She is fun tho.

Moonlight

Banned
I'd like to improve with Reinhardt, since he's basically the staple tank but something about his kit just feels really obtuse to me. He's got a simple kit on paper but I wind up overthinking whether or not I should be opening my shield for my team, when I should be dashing in, when I should drop the shield to just hit dudes real hard.

Winston is my go-to solo-tank pick (since D.Va is absolutely unfit for it) but it always feels sort of uncomfortable for how much utility Rein brings.

Apathy

I'm convinced that Blizzard realized that the first character all the teenage boys would pick is the half-naked sniper with the big butt, so they just went all-out with the broken design choices so they could get kills.

well that or the guy who is the literally embodiment of death. You can hear the linkin park in your head when you hover over reaper

Trace

Banned
well that or the guy who is the literally embodiment of death. You can hear the linkin park in your head when you hover over reaper

Mariachi/El Blanco Reaper is legit tho. I wish they would change his ult from "Die Die Die" using that skin to a Mariachi strum or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom