• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speely

Banned
So what heroes will y'all NOT play? I always switch according to the situation, but there are certain heroes I never, ever play.

Widowmaker: I feel like if you aren't great with her, she is useless. I suck at sniping, so I never do this to my team.

Bastion: Because I refuse to be a turret. I find him boring. He's my one petulant "nope you can't make me do it" hero.

That's about it. I'll only go Torb if we are defending certain points and no one else picks him, but that rarely happens.

CrayToes

Yeah, I struggle playing this game with randoms more than any other in recent memory. Having a team full of Reapers, Genjis and Hanzos is painful.

Ivan 3414

It's so irritating that bastion can stay unmoved by a winston primal rage

like not even unhinging himself after 3 or 4 hits but straight up can't be moved....amazing just amazing

Yeah I absolutely hate that shit. As Winston I pretty much avoid turret Bastion at all costs unless I know he's weak or is focusing on a teammate on the opposite side

Moonlight

Banned
The other problem you get is a Symmetra with no secondary support to keep your team in the fight, because she satisfies the "no support" condition.
This is consistently a problem I face. People don't get that Symmetra is a completely different beast from Lucio, Mercy, or even Zenyatta and figure that means no one needs to swap to a hero that can actually keep the team healthy.

I'd add another tool-tip that suggests 'no team healing'. Because I mean, if we have one for 'no snipers', a specific niche inside defense already...

Yeah, I struggle playing this game with randoms more than any other in recent memory. Having a team full of Reapers, Genjis and Hanzos is painful.

It's not what classes they pick, it's what classes they DON'T pick. Since I got to level 40, and I'm in the 50's now, randoms refuse to pick tanks. Like, why do they hate tanks? I'm constantly getting rolled by a team with Zarya, Reinhardt, and Mercy because our team is a random assortment of everybody who isn't a tank.

KLoWn

I asked earlier but I don't think I got an answer. Does anyone know why it's not possible to spectate a friends game anymore? It worked during the beta.

Xevren

My struggle? I can't remember a game where I didn't play support. I just don't like seeing teams without one and it drives me nuts. I got to play one for the last 30 seconds of a match though!

Gryph

Haha. Love it.

So what heroes will y'all NOT play? I always switch according to the situation, but there are certain heroes I never, ever play.

Widowmaker: I feel like if you aren't great with her, she is useless. I suck at sniping, so I never do this to my team.

Bastion: Because I refuse to be a turret. I find him boring. He's my one petualant "nope you can't make me do it" hero.

That's about it. I'll only go Torb if we are defending certain points and no one else picks him, but that rarely happens.

Probably just Widowmaker, I've never been a good sniper, and I can't imagine I'll get any better playing now...

rdytoroll

Bastion: Because I refuse to be a turret. I find him boring. He's my one petualant "nope you can't make me do it" hero.

Zarya for me. Im so bad at her, feels like I'm doing zero damage. She's also so slow to get into battle

Wanderer5

Had like a 2:14 attack payload match on that watchpoint level lol, and then put up some great defense on the same map. Me love some Pharah and Symmetra.<3

mbpm1

I haven't played Genji yet since release.

Idk why, but I like guns

Also Symmetra and Zenyatta are too hard for me, and Widowmaker is useless if she isn't a good shot, which I am not.

I'm garbage with Hanzo so I don't play him very much. Other than that, I don't love Winston or Zenyatta but will play with them every once in a while.

My struggle? I can't remember a game where I didn't play support. I just don't like seeing teams without one and it drives me nuts. I got to play one for the last 30 seconds of a match though!

I reached a point where I was so tired of having to play the same four characters since people seem to never want to tank or support that I just started saying fuck it and doing whatever I wanted. As it turns out when you don't have a support or tank everyone on your team generally gets picked off really quickly and that's no fun either.

Enilced2

Found some of the chibis

UuYbBfk.png
UZKXX2r.png
SjKzuhW.png
hJSD33L.png
5lqjjvQ.png
AF6nn4y.png
FJGOqYC.png
IxU1Znj.png

Wicked! Thanks!

R0ckman

Would it be broken for Winston to take half as much damage in his sheild? I play him a lot and can only use it to prevent my self from dying before getting another leap off cool down. It just feels a bit lame that a character can just derp into the sheild on top of destroying it in 5 seconds.

I'm really shitty with Reinhardt so I just play other tanks instead.

I've never used Bastion or Torb but I usually play with friends so I've never really needed to. I'm willing to play just about anyone else though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Widowmaker, Hanzo, Zenyatta, Reinhardt, Winston, Soldier 76

I'm just really bad at these guys with the exception of 76 who I don't play on principle.

peakish

Bastion: Because I refuse to be a turret. I find him boring. He's my one petulant "nope you can't make me do it" hero.

Too many Genji and Reaper players out there, I've never picked them. Played Bastion once, didn't like him at all, won't pick again.

All subject to change.

Apathy

This game needs to 100% stop putting me in losing games, because they are being counted towards my losses and I don't get shit for them when it puts me in between poitns of a koh map. I don't want to be put in them, I want fresh games. All day, I have not been able to get into a fresh game, just loss after lost after loss

Yawnny

So far:
Torb. I've never liked planting sentries.
Junkrat: Too much spray (or should I say.. lob) 'n pray
Symmetra: Seems weak. People never remember to use TP's thus rendering them pointless.

Surprisingly I DO play Winston, even though his primary fire seems weak as hell, his jump never seems to land on anyone or do any AOE damage, and his Ult still seems weak.. but I have an urge to 'understand' his play style.

rdytoroll

She is a bit slow to get going but once you get your energy high you really start to melt people. And the ulti is priceless.

I have to say that I haven't played her much yet though. So your beam gets stronger the longer you shoot, right? What's that number unter the reticle showing me? The amount of energy?

I will never play Mei in a game of Overwatch. As far as I'm concerned, I have played all of the game's 20 available heroes.

Also not wild about using Reinhardt or Roadhog, but I respect them as individuals.

Wanderer5

Pretty much most of the tanks. I gained bit of a liking for D.Va but it is just really hard for me to do the tank role and do it well. Also not too fond of offense heroes beside Pharah and Reaper, Bastion for defense, and Zenyatta for support either.

Moonlight

Banned
Widowmaker, Reaper, Soldier 76, Bastion.

Either I'm hilariously awful with them or I just won't play them on principle. Was about to include Genji, but he actually is a hero I'd like to try one day. Just... some day.

EDIT: I never got why people say Winston's primary is weak as hell. It's not going to melt anyone, sure, but in terms of spread it's the closest thing this game has to a flamethrower. You'll destroy important backline squishies like Mercy and mess up anyone standing close to her too. Triple eliminations are not rare with Winston.

Xeteh

I will never play Mei in a game of Overwatch. As far as I'm concerned, I have played all of the game's 20 available heroes.

Also not wild about using Reinhardt or Roadhog, but I respect them as individuals.

Are you afraid to find out that she isn't overpowered?

Hyun Sai

For what it's worth, the number one Overwatch player in the leaderboards got a 48% win rate, and is playing mostly Mercy.

82 hours played though, what the fuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom