• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would love to know what type of people blizzard focused tested this game on

"omg aiming is too hard, how am i suppose to hit people if they keep moving!?"

"ok we added console style aim assist/snapping and ridiculously large hitboxes and projectile/bullet sizes even tho its a m&kb game. how about now?"

"sometimes i can land shots but its still too hard yo!"

"ok, we gave almost every character an ability where you just press a button to freeze your enemies in place. can you hit them now?"

"its still hard, farmville and bejeweled blitz never gave me this much trouble!"

"ok, with absolutely nothing required of you an ultimate will charge up. just press q for results. how is it now"

"omg this game roxx!!!"

rdytoroll

And Hanzo is worthless in comparison. Widow's SMG has higher DPS than Solider 76's rifle. Her attack rate is so fast you can double or even triple tap someone in the air. And Widow's rifle charges just as fast as Hanzo's arrow, does the same damage and has no travel time. A good Widow can kill Roadhog in under 2 seconds.

I feel you, I also could have done without a snipe character in the game generally, but if you nerf the shit out of her shitty teammates playing as Widow will be even more useless. I'd rather take on the once in a while great Widow and it's not like you can't shut her down with some effort

Trace

Banned
I feel you, I also could have done without a snipe character in the game generally, but if you nerf the shit out of herk shitty teammates playing as Widow will be even more useless. I'd rather take on the once in a while great Widow and it's not like you can't shut her down with some effort

The problem is the only character that can shut down a great Widow is Genji. Winston would be ok if Widow couldn't kill him faster than he can kill her.

psyfi

Banned
It appears competitive leagues have started banning hero stacking, at least in KOH. This was much needed and I hope Blizzard takes a hint themselves as the game continues to grow.
Hmm, I could be okay with this. I'm not *terribly* bothered by teams using one hero multiple times, but it can definitely get annoying sometimes. I think certain heroes should have a cap.

The problem is the only character that can shut down a great Widow is Genji. Winston would be ok if Widow couldn't kill him faster than he can kill her.
Tracer can work pretty well if you can get up to where Widow is camped out.

Can anyone with a Canadian PS4 copy of Origins Edition that's not from Walmart tell me the UPC code on their copy, even just the last 4 digits? It's a long boring story I won't bother getting into.

R0ckman

The map is great but allowing teams to have more than 1 player playing the same character makes it impossible to do good on that map on offense. If you are on defense have 2 guys play Torbjorn, 1 turret on the bridge another below and you kill 80% of the guys trying to push. Put a Reinhardt defending while Torbjorns repair turrets.

B is even easier because you get to defend behind the walls on B with the turrets that kill everything that tries to go airborne like Pharah. Thn if you have Symmetra on the ground it's game over.

As someone that likes to play with Torbjorn they seriously need to nerf the turret. Maybe a bigger slowdown to get Turret to level 2 after one is destroyed. I can get another up 20 seconds later at level 2. At the same time I fear they start tweaking the game too much, 21 characters seems to much to balance, for example I always saw Bastion as something to nerf but now clearly not because you need something that can demolish Reinhardt shield quickly. That shield can push a payload if you allow it time to recharge.

They need to make it cost some damn scrap to upgrade to 2, I PLAY as him and half the time I don't bother with all the scrap lying around.

norm9

Settling into Zenyatta and Winston as my main dudes, though I'm still unsure how to play Winston well. I miss his jump attack move all the time but he's a pretty fun character. I might try to leave room for one more character to cycle between.

Also, I'm surprised how little people talk on xbox. In a previous game, only one little kid was talking but he was just being annoying asking my age since I was the only one that acknowledged him. I grouped up with a friend but wasn't sure if it was a party chat situation or if the team could hear. If they could, they didn't say anythingt.

cuilan

Wow. But also why?

Why not?

Lol, are you ever going to try another hero other than D.Va?

Nope!

You're allowed to try some other characters. We'll allow it, just this once!

I used Soldier 76 for the tutorial during the beta, is that good enough?

I must be missing it... How can you tell you're #4?

https://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/psn/global/hero/22/score

Well Overwatch is a game designed to force the player to change of hero depending on how the situation get. If you just play D.Va... What are you doing when your team need a healer? An assault? A sniper? When there is already another D.Va? I understand that you like this character, she's fun to play and I play her a lot too, but it's weird to just play her imo. :)

I always pick D.Va before anyone else has the chance to, and god sorts the rest. I change my playstyle based on the situation, not my character. It's been working well for me so far.

Hmm, I could be okay with this. I'm not *terribly* bothered by teams using one hero multiple times, but it can definitely get annoying sometimes. I think certain heroes should have a cap.

Should be a max of 2 for any character.

Klyka

Banned

A competent Widowmaker will just bodyshot the Tracer

rdytoroll

Yea. They really should give Winston a bit more damage output anyway, I'd rather see buffs than nerf across the board

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But he's actually really fun. Can't you make an exception?

Yes, occasionally. The situations where I pick Soldier 76 are, in order of priority:

1) All Soldier meme teams
2) I'm getting fucked up the ass by a Mei/Pharah who's much better than I am

BigDug13

I was like this during the beta and when I started playing the final game but I forced myself to become comfortable with at least 1 or 2 heroes in each category.

Still not that confident on attack or tank but I can hold my own as McCree or Reinhart when needed. My mains are usually Junkrat, Widow, Hanzo, Mercy and Zenyatta.

Roadhog seems like a pretty straight forward tank for people who like offensive classes.

Edit - misread. Didn't see that offensive classes are also not your thing.

Yes, occasionally. The situations where I pick Soldier 76 are, in order of priority:

1) All Soldier meme teams
2) I'm getting fucked up the ass by a Mei/Pharah who's much better than I am

A good 76 is a fucking scary thing as pharra, helix rockets HURT

STOP COUNTERING ME WITH 76 :(

So is this game pretty balanced overall? I like how it's more objective based and character focused. I hate FPS games that end up with a team ignoring all objectives and people just solely focused on having a nice k/d ratio and leading the group on kills.

I've been wanting a multiplayer FPS to dive into and the last two I've tried failed me. Battlefront and Garden Warfare 2.

I'm tempted to just buy and dive right in. Good idea? Or are there things that need patching or tweaking ?

BigDug13

They need to make it cost some damn scrap to upgrade to 2, I PLAY as him and half the time I don't bother with all the scrap lying around.

The problem with the idea of requiring scrap for the turret in any capacity means every torb will never ever buff the team anymore. Game will become Hoarders Overwatch Edition.

Hyun Sai

I think it's fine in Quick Play. But just turn it off for the competitive mode and tournaments. It's already there in the custom game options.

I don't agree. It is hurting Quick Play much more as you'll find much less people able to counter hero stacking in PUGS than in competitive ranked.

The only place I would let it stay is in arcade mode where it's already filled with stupidity lol.

Reinhardt
It appears competitive leagues have started banning hero stacking, at least in KOH. This was much needed and I hope Blizzard takes a hint themselves as the game continues to grow.
Good, double heroes will never be balanceable and I'd rather picks like McCree to remain strong instead of being nerfed to hell because 2 McCrees is stupid.

So is this game pretty balanced overall? I like how it's more objective based and character focused. I hate FPS games that end up with a team ignoring all objectives and people just solely focused on having a nice k/d ratio and leading the group on kills.

I've been wanting a multiplayer FPS to dive into and the last two I've tried failed me. Battlefront and Garden Warfare 2.

I'm tempted to just buy and dive right in. Good idea? Or are there things that need patching or tweaking ?

are you asking if there is balance between all the various characters? no, theres absolutely not. and pubs dont play the objective in this game any more than in other games you have played.

norm9

are you asking if there is balance between all the various characters? no, theres absolutely not. and pubs dont play the objective in this game any more than in other games you have played.

Everyone I've played with, the majority have tried playing objectives, and the other two are snipers.

Dreavus

Why not?

Nope!

I used Soldier 76 for the tutorial during the beta, is that good enough?

https://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/psn/global/hero/22/score

I always pick D.Va before anyone else has the chance to, and god sorts the rest. I change my playstyle based on the situation, not my character. It's been working well for me so far.

Haha well honestly if there's one character to stick to D.va is a relatively versatile pick. Personally I'd be a little worried about those games where no one chooses a support hero but it's not insurmountable.

Kyoufu

Widowmaker is such a shit character that just doesn't belong in this game.

Fucking had to cram a hitscan sniper in there to appeal to the snipe bros Blizzard.

Ugh.

Sniping is an effective way to deal with the real bullshit in this game: turrets.

rdytoroll

It's absolutely fantastic. It's the only MP game that held my interest in the past few years. If you're playing with randoms get ready to yell at your monitor because of them plainly ignoring the objective and picking their main hero no matter the cost.

But the Gaf communities are great to play with, playing with people that focus on the objective is much more fun

Zaventem

Anyone with buyers regret in regards to a skin? I just puchased this skin and though it looks cool and I prefer the gun model I'm not sure I should have bought it over the Jet recolor which is only 75 gold. I look at all the other skins I absolutely want for other characters and I'm kinda kicking myself over it.

I dislike all soldiers legendaries, guess what i got in a loot box? ahaha. Yeah i think the jet is better too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't play on principle? What are you getting at there?

I'm morally opposed to playing such a run-of-the-mill design with a jack-of-all-trades toolkit. I just don't have fun with him even when I'm doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom