• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Yeah, he used to not need LoS. Fire and forget.

That, along with the Symmetra 50 shields was busted on characters like Tracer and Genji, a backline harasser that also self sustains forever.

OK, I could see not needing LoS as a problem. Just permanently buff a dude or take someone out of the fight forever. That's still no excuse for his lack of health though. If you nerf someone that hard there should be at least a tiny buff to compensate.

Symmetra giving out 25 point shields seems fine as well. I just wish she wasn't garbage in most modes, because she only works on defense and on certain maps.

You know... I feel like we're really losing sight of the fact that this is a feel good game, designed to feel fun to play in a group, and make you feel good and hopeful about the world...

There's a lot of negative vibes in this thread right now...
Is there? I left for like two hours, wtf happened.

Speely

Banned
What do you guys think Sombra's kit will be? Finding it really hard to meld support and sniper without replacing another character

Enemy range debuff and a friendly buff that reduces cooldown time for an ally/allies. Her Ult will make the whole team silent for a few seconds. Her sniping will be lower damage than Widow's.

1upsuper

Can someone give me some McCree tips? He's used a lot in all levels of play from what I can tell but I can't seem to use him well. What should I be doing with him?

Apathy

so the 90's and 80' we were playing, claiming they were the best of the class they were playing, and practicing because they wanted to go pro, got stomped out by a bunch of 40 pugs who didn't say a word to each other the whole game.

love it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
OK, I could see not needing LoS as a problem. Just permanently buff a dude or take someone out of the fight forever. That's still no excuse for his lack of health though. If you nerf someone that hard there should be at least a tiny buff to compensate.

Symmetra giving out 25 point shields seems fine as well. I just wish she wasn't garbage in most modes, because she only works on defense and on certain maps.

I dunno, 25 isn't much so the ability feels...eh. I would rather they just make it percentile or just set differently for different HP limits so Tracer would get 25 while other character's got 50 atleast.

And yeah Zen could atleast use 25 more hp or so. He's not hard to shoot since he has no mobility so he's pretty unplayable if they have a sniper. But he's so fun to play too.

Laputa_94

Can someone give me some McCree tips? He's used a lot in all levels of play from what I can tell but I can't seem to use him well. What should I be doing with him?

Fan that the hammer, when I started using him I only did it occasionally, but now I use nearly as much as regular fire. Also of course stun then fan the hammer.

mbpm1

so the 90's and 80' we were playing, claiming they were the best of the class they were playing, and practicing because they wanted to go pro, got stomped out by a bunch of 40 pugs who didn't say a word to each other the whole game.

love it.
when will those 40 pugs go pro

Fan that the hammer, when I started using him I only did it occasionally, but now I use nearly as much as regular fire. Also of course stun then fan the hammer.
after fanning the hammer roll and fan the hammer again

Gryph

We already have our GAF message thread really

This is the second time I've heard about this... How do I get a member's jacket?

Is there? I left for like two hours, wtf happened.

Without you, the whole thread fell to darkness...

Seriously though, just a bunch of posts that seem a bit, you know, agitated. This is the sort of game that deserves a Kumbaya style, fireside sing-along feel, not a put-down fest.

Uthred

no need to bring up ultimates, they are some of the absolute worst, garbage, no skill required, scrubby, casual whoring game design i have ever seen. casuals have regressed game design so far in the last few years its depressing

Some solid gold tinfoil hat action

DrArchon

Flashbang, fan the hammer, roll, fan the hammer. In that order and in the enemy's direction (maybe not the roll).

That's the combo. When the enemy is out of range just snipe at them. McCree is deadly up close and still decent at range.

Well you know a game is like crack when you haven't even visited it's OT on GAF.

I'm absolutely in love with this game. Was sceptical during the beta but once everything clicks and you begin to understand the dynamic team play it becomes one of the best first person multiplayer games ever. Seriously, this is tied with Counter Strike as my absolute favourite.

I haven't gone back to Uncharted 4 since I sunk my teeth into this. Definite GOTY contender. Don't see anything else beating it.

Played most characters but still need to try out roadhog, winston and Zarya. I main Tracer and I do really well with her. Love outmanoeuvring other players. Also, it's been surprisingly pleasant playing with randoms and I haven't had much trouble except for the occasional three Hanzo's on one team.

Not a big fan of the unlock system but it's mainly fluff anyway. Can't wait to see what content they bring out in the future.

Joyful

no need to bring up ultimates, they are some of the absolute worst, garbage, no skill required, scrubby, casual whoring game design i have ever seen. casuals have regressed game design so far in the last few years its depressing

the skill of ultimate comes in with the timing

a well timed ult can swing a game

Making use of cover and corners to maximise the effectiveness of his scrubby stun button. After about 25 seconds youll have ultimate irregardless of whether or not you have actually done anything. Get a nice view of the objective. Press q and wait for enemies to die. Take a swig of code red mountain dew as you revel in your skillful play

You know... I feel like we're really losing sight of the fact that this is a feel good game, designed to feel fun to play in a group, and make you feel good and hopeful about the world...

There's a lot of negative vibes in this thread right now...

Inorite. It's why I hate most competitive talk on games. People miss the forest for the trees. I dunno, we can talk about Overwatch all hardcore, but then I remember it's a game where I can camp out with holbjorn and get 29 kill streak and any character can work if you play them right, and I'm apt to just say "play whatever suits you, don't worry about this other nonsense and have fun."

Speely

Banned

One thing about McCree: he requires fairly good map knowledge and awareness. His lack of mobility renders him an easy target otherwise. He excels with a Hanzo or Widow to wallhack for him, but barring that, he is best used by actively looking for flankers, which often takes you into smaller spaces where his lack of mobility isn't a detriment, and indeed his roll can be very useful. Out in the open you wanna be behind Reinhardt. If you can force 1v1 situations with him, you will almost always win those.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Also for a MVP card for being on fire 73% of the match with Reinhardt.

I don't think I ever see myself not playing that guy.

Plesiades

I hate that "No sniper" is a team suggestion. They are the least important part of the team and i makes people think it's a must for the team. If people want to waste their time playing it fine but there shouldn't be a message talking people into playing the position.

Blizzard should change the "Too many Snipers" to red, instead of yellow.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Having Tracer as my main, it's so hard to play other offense class... The only exception would be Hanzo but I don't think I'm using him correctly lols.

Zaventem

What was Zen like back in the closed beta? I'd imagine he didn't need line of sight for his heal/nerf, or at the very least they went away after longer than 3 seconds like they do now, but I'm not sure.

I just want to play with him and not feel like I'm spending half of the match at the "waiting to respawn" screen, or saying "well I wish I could play him, but this map has a large open area in it which means I can't play there".

I just want him to not die to a Widowmaker body shot. Is that too much to ask?

The LoS was implemented because constant healing on tracer/flankers was too strong. Also his ultimate built up 50% faster so you used to have tracer/zenyetta and heals going off all the time. Personally i think his ultimate build up speed was not the problem, realistically a mercy resurrection can count as a count as a "heal". 600 over 6 seconds, ain't a ton in the grand sceme of things.

What makes the zenyetta health nerf worse and seem more like a "we fucked up guys" move was the justification that other characters are much more agile when they got their HP reduced. Pic related

beta_nerfs.png

Design wise zenyetta is by far my favorite but i avoid him because i don't want to drag the team down and just pick mercy or lucio.

Sifl

I just noticed I have under an hour played with every offense hero, and some with no time at all. My most played classes are support, tank, defense and then offense.

finalflame

I hate that "No sniper" is a team suggestion. They are the least important part of the team and i makes people think it's a must for the team. If people want to waste their time playing it fine but there shouldn't be a message talking people into playing the position.

Skilled snipers can absolutely CC objectives and help alleviate the pressure. Not to mention Widowmaker's Infra-Sight has enormous utility for the entire team. What's with the hate?

MartyStu

The LoS was implemented because constant healing on tracer/flankers was too strong. Also his ultimate built up 50% faster so you used to have tracer/zenyetta and heals going off all the time. Personally i think his ultimate build up speed was not the problem, realistically a mercy resurrection can count as a count as a "heal". 600 over 6 seconds, ain't a ton in the grand sceme of things.

What makes the zenyetta health nerf worse and seem more like a "we fucked up guys" move was the justification that other characters are much more agile when they got their HP reduced. Pic related

beta_nerfs.png

Design wise zenyetta is by far my favorite but i avoid him because i don't want to drag the team down and just pick mercy or lucio.

Are these incoming nerfs?

Because both of these are my 'mains'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom