• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens

Has Blizzard even acknowledged that the Lockdown trophy/achievement is bugged? I'm getting worried at this point that they don't care to (or can't) fix it.

Zaventem

Considering how often people rage quit games, a XP penalty is meaningless.

It's so strange lookig at the master overwatch leaderboards with people having 50 losses in 300+ games. I think most people don't give a fuck honestly, even it was harsher it'll probably be the same outcome.

Fucking idiot teammates actively avoiding my heals as I play Mercy. What the fuck.

Tell me fellas, is the community smarter on PC? I'm pretty sure I'm playing with absolute braindead people 90% of the time on XO.

as someone who's mainly rolling Mercy or Lucio (on PC), no, most people suck at being healed. it's a thankless job.

I think the leaving penalty is appropriate, but they should tell you how long it lasts, as well as letting you know when it's safe to leave a match. The automatic queues save time when you're down to play for a long stretch, but sometimes things come up

shoreu

The LoS was implemented because constant healing on tracer/flankers was too strong. Also his ultimate built up 50% faster so you used to have tracer/zenyetta and heals going off all the time. Personally i think his ultimate build up speed was not the problem, realistically a mercy resurrection can count as a count as a "heal". 600 over 6 seconds, ain't a ton in the grand sceme of things.

What makes the zenyetta health nerf worse and seem more like a "we fucked up guys" move was the justification that other characters are much more agile when they got their HP reduced. Pic related

beta_nerfs.png

Design wise zenyetta is by far my favorite but i avoid him because i don't want to drag the team down and just pick mercy or lucio.

Geez genji is not tracer he can't self heal

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I hope all the new support characters are hot girls with dragon titties and skull covered sniper rifles, that way every pub game will have support characters.

Kyoufu

Fucking idiot teammates actively avoiding my heals as I play Mercy. What the fuck.

Tell me fellas, is the community smarter on PC? I'm pretty sure I'm playing with absolute braindead people 90% of the time on XO.

This is why you play as Lucio for that effortless AOE heal.

There needs to be a "No Healers" tip.

No, just because Symettra is support doesn't mean she can replace a healer.
With Sombra as supposed Support Sniper this could become a bigger problem.

It's so strange lookig at the master overwatch leaderboards with people having 50 losses in 300+ games. I think most people don't give a fuck honestly, even it was harsher it'll probably be the same outcome.
Do it like LoL, make leaving mid match count as a loss and lock people out of playing for a few minutes afterwards. It won't stop ragequitting altogether but it'll surely make it not as casual as it is now.

Maximo

as someone who's mainly rolling Mercy or Lucio (on PC), no, most people suck at being healed. it's a thankless job.

Love when people spam I NEED HEALING its like Bitch I know you need healing im actually healing someone else right now while trying to make sure I stay alive since no one has my back. I CAN SEE If you need healing.

Sifl

This is why you play as Lucio for that effortless AOE heal.
Seriously, if there's no coordination going on Mercy is awful. Just play Lucio and skate around your teammates and to teammates going off by themselves as they continue to not care that your the only reason they aren't getting annihilated.

Apathy

Considering how often people rage quit games, a XP penalty is meaningless.

Yeah, stop rage quitting, get to the end of a match and leave. If you happen to dc then it you dont have to worry since it wont kick in, it reall yneeds to punish those people who consistently leave and fuck over 5 other people

Maximo

Seriously, if there's no coordination going on Mercy is awful. Just play Lucio and skate around your teammates and to teammates going of by themselves as they continue to not care that your the only reason they aren't getting annihilated.

Yep Mate says hes been spoiled by my Mercy playing everytime I play something else he rages when the healer doesn't do a good job or admits he has to try harder cause im not constantly keeping him alive.

Leave penalty in unranked games that last 10 minutes with drop in is stupid.
Drop in doesn't mean you can't ruin a match by leaving. I get it if people need to leave for real life reasons and circumstances but simply constantly quitting games for no reason shouldn't be tolerated or encouraged, ranked or not.

Zaventem

Seriously, if there's no coordination going on Mercy is awful. Just play Lucio and skate around your teammates and to teammates going off by themselves as they continue to not care that your the only reason they aren't getting annihilated.

Yeah haha, it's probably why i love him so much. I decided to go with a Lucio at the last minute since it was a koth map and first to point is always better even though we had a mercy and i still out healed her doing "nothing".

BigDug13

There needs to be a "No Healers" tip.

No, just because Symettra is support doesn't mean she can replace a healer.
With Sombra as supposed Support Sniper this could become a bigger problem.

Not even sure why she's support. The teleporter is awesome but everything else about her screams defense. Torb can buff the health of allies too to a far greater degree than Sym.

Love when people spam I NEED HEALING its like Bitch I know you need healing im actually healing someone else right now while trying to make sure I stay alive since no one has my back. I CAN SEE If you need healing.

I've only done that when I'm the tank on the objective and the healer (usually Lucio) has run off to do something else.

Sou Da

Lol someone actually managed to get a triple with an air meka explosion.

Not even sure why she's support. The teleporter is awesome but everything else about her screams defense. Torb can buff the health of allies too to a far greater degree than Sym.
The answer is to make her shield percentage adaptive relative to the base health of the hero.

Or just flat out raise it.

Crosseyes

Banned
Yeah, stop rage quitting, get to the end of a match and leave. If you happen to dc then it you dont have to worry since it wont kick in, it reall yneeds to punish those people who consistently leave and fuck over 5 other people
I payed for the game as much as anyone else. Why let 6 people get fucked over and not have fun when the system is built to accommodate that.

I'm not going to hang around when I'm not having fun on a team. No one should have to get fucked over when the matchmaking accomodates.

DrArchon

Yeah okay, fuck consecutive matches the agony is not worth it. I've been losing for 2 hours.

If my team is shit then I don't stick around. You're 100% right it's not worth it. If we can't take a single point or it I play like shit and get 4 gold medals then I nope right out when I'm done.

Drop in doesn't mean you can't ruin a match by leaving. I get it if people need to leave for real life reasons and circumstances but simply constantly quitting games for no reason shouldn't be tolerated or encouraged, ranked or not.

I need to leave quite often for real life circumstances and having a system penalize you for that in games that last ten minutes is stupid.

This isn't LoL and it's not Dota. It's not ranked and the games are over quick.

There shouldn't be a leave penalty.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I really like Zarya, but almost every game I have played in nobody knows wtf to do when I use my ult. Half of the time my teammates run away, because they see them all clumped together. lol

finalflame

I need to leave quite often for real life circumstances and having a system penalize you for that in games that last ten minutes is stupid.

This isn't LoL and it's not Dota. It's not ranked and the games are over quick.

There shouldn't be a leave penalty.

If you need to leave then don't start a match. Pretty simple concept.

Kyoufu

There is no way in hell I'm getting the platinum trophy for Overwatch. Some of them don't even feel skill-based but purely based on luck.

Squire

Banned
There is no way in hell I'm getting the platinum trophy for Overwatch. Some of them don't even feel skill-based but purely based on luck.

Any achievements in a multiplayer game are gong to rely on circumstance almost as much as skill just because people are moving targets.

Astral

Why not?

Nope!

I used Soldier 76 for the tutorial during the beta, is that good enough?

https://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/psn/global/hero/22/score

I always pick D.Va before anyone else has the chance to, and god sorts the rest. I change my playstyle based on the situation, not my character. It's been working well for me so far.

You're the #4 D.Va? Goddamn. Teach me! What do you do in a 1v1 against characters like Reaper or fast characters like Tracer? 1v1 is where I struggle the most. I've learned some cool shit with her like snipping when off the mech and calling it right as I'm about to die since it has invincibility and seems to catch them off-guard. Flying in with the shield out is great for turrets. I think another problem I have is I tend to fly ignorantly into a while bunch of people when trying to take out a turret or sniper, getting me killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom