• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
-Increase Zenyatta's base health by 50 shield points.

I don't think increased HP would solve Zen's problems.
He's fun to play as, but he needs something a bit more substantial if he's going to be more "viable".

Folks on Reddit seem keen on the idea of temporary levitation, allowing him to glide between raised areas in order to maintain high ground and perspective of the fight.

Other ideas include buffing the damage on his fully charged attack and/or allowing us to hold it at full charge indefinitely.

Increasing the timer on his orbs while outside line of sight could also help. Even from 3 seconds to 5 would allow him to "fire and forget", and stay on the move while still helping team mates and hassling opponents.

Kawngi

Update on nobody talking on PC, now people talk but it's only to tell someone else on the team that 'they should never play X character again'

Sou Da

Balance ideas

Make Widowmaker's shot instantly charged
Give Bastion his shield back
Increase Lucio's pushback on alt fire by 4000%
Allow Genji infinite reflect time
Allow McCree's flashbang to be fired from his gun for increased range
Allow Symmetra's turrets to also heal her team
Give Torjbjorn unlimited turret capacity
One of these is almost a good suggestion.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Balance ideas

Make Widowmaker's shot instantly charged
Give Bastion his shield back
Increase Lucio's pushback on alt fire by 4000%
Allow Genji infinite reflect time
Allow McCree's flashbang to be fired from his gun for increased range
Allow Symmetra's turrets to also heal her team
Give Torjbjorn unlimited turret capacity

That actually sounds really fun. In a shitshow kind of way.

They should do a week of arcade where everyone gets insane buffs.

Salarians

POTG worthy: riptire killing three of us

Not POTG worthy: graviton surge combined with tactical visor to wipe their team and win us the game

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The one thing they should buff is McCree's High Noon lock-on time. Is it me or is it far too slow to find targets?

It's based on the current HP of the person. If they're damaged/almost dead it's basically instant. If you hear high noon and lucio alt in response it will basically home in too slowly to ever work.

The one thing they should buff is McCree's High Noon lock-on time. Is it me or is it far too slow to find targets?

No way. As it is, it's an amazing ult that can force enemies away from control points. He can also cancel out of it or just let it end and keep 50% meter.

If you flank you can easily get multikills with it.

Speely

Banned

Ghah no! Once he DOES find targets he becomes a potential team killer. Not to mention that just hearing "it's high noon" scatters people, which is a great objective tool. AND he is a monster even aside from his ult. Yikes.

Kyoufu

It's based on the current HP of the person. If they're damaged/almost dead it's basically instant. If you hear high noon and lucio alt in response it will basically home in too slowly to ever work.

I've found that in the situations I've needed it to get kills, enemies have been full health or thereabouts. If anyone is low/near death then chances are I don't need an ultimate to finish them off. :|

DrArchon

He's fun to play as, but he needs something a bit more substantial if he's going to be more "viable".

Folks on Reddit seem keen on the idea of temporary levitation, allowing him to glide between raised areas in order to maintain high ground and perspective of the fight.

Other ideas include buffing the damage on his fully charged attack and/or allowing us to hold it at full charge indefinitely.

Increasing the timer on his orbs while outside line of sight could also help. Even from 3 seconds to 5 would allow him to "fire and forget", and stay on the move while still helping team mates and hassling opponents.

I just want to play as him without being OHK'd by any Widowmaker no matter what. There are so many maps where I just can't play as him because some sniper will have LoS on such a huge portion that I can't stay safe.

Levitating sounds like a neat buff though. Of the 3 healers he's by far the least mobile, so it would be nice to have something to get him out of trouble or maneuver around more effectively.

Kyoufu

Ghah no! Once he DOES find targets he becomes a potential team killer. Not to mention that just hearing "it's high noon" scatters people, which is a great objective tool. AND he is a monster even aside from his ult. Yikes.

Once he does find targets? Nah, boo boo. He doesn't, because they've either ran to cover or he's dead.

The stun flashbang in combination with the rapid fire is too strong whereas the ult is too weak IMO.

Once he does find targets? Nah, boo boo. He doesn't, because they've either ran to cover or he's dead.

The stun flashbang in combination with the rapid fire is too strong whereas the ult is too weak IMO.

No joke, I played McCree for the very first time in a match tonight... and nailed three people at once with his ult on my very first try. Of course, I made sure I was in a flanking position and not right in front of them, but still... first try. It's definitely not weak.

My only balance idea right now is make Lucio's pushback move independent of his ammo status.

As a Lucio player, I would approve of this. Also, his music should honestly be louder. Would be a nice indicator for the team to know that they're getting his buffs. I can't hear shit

Apathy

They need to make him an actual healer. This half half assed healing is garbage. Just make him a proper healer that debuffs, why are they so afraid. he needs 3 orbs that heal for less but don't break line of sight and have a certain time/heal amount before they go away.

Having 2 healers is not enough, this fix will help out

The problem with a lot of these suggestions is they seem to based on 1v1 or 1v6 even though this is a team game with varying compositions.

Not to mention wanting quick fixes for their own play style problems

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't gotten the game yet (it hasn't arrived over here), but I'm 100% sure, absolutely, with no doubt at all... That I'm getting the Blackhardt skin before BY2K.

B.O.O.M

Got my second legendary at level 28. It's Nevermore Reaper

ow_skins_reaper_corbeau.jpg

Sianos

I think the game is overall balanced very well, my ideas for changes are all just small tweaks that try to preserve the core "function" of the hero.

So you play D.Va

Haha, you got me!

Pros are saying she's weak in higher level play, so I was thinking a slight buff would boost her usage. I'm talking just a slightly smaller hitbox or a 1.75x it 1.8x critical hit modifier for the mech, a real minor change to make her slightly tankier.

Eeeeeh we already got two healers and a semi one. I rather see some more shield ideas than turning her into a healer.

True, I was just thinking to give her more utility since she's a support. Maybe make her shield percentage based, so flankers aren't made to be too buff, but tanks get more out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom