• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listonosh

This is awesome.... I told myself that Loot Boxes are perfect for RNG since I won't care if I get skins or not... well, that was until the people I play with get like 3-5 each (we're all around level 25 or so) and I have yet to get a single one.

Salty, so salty.

pigeon

Banned
What do you guys think Sombra's kit will be? Finding it really hard to meld support and sniper without replacing another character

I have no idea what Blizzard is going to do, but if I were making a support sniper I would give her a quicker-firing rifle without the charge and give her special shots -- slowing shot, knockback shot, aim-wrecking shot, healing shot that you hit your teammates with.

With a name like Sombra I wouldn't be surprised if she got short-duration stealth as her movement ability.

Rokam

We need a hero reduces the damage of another hero for a short time. Thinking more about various dota abilities, perhaps one that if cast on a hero and they are killed are instead returned to full health. Obviously has to be timed just right.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Brand new random group of players. Always guaranteed two folks rush for a Hanzo, one for bastion, and none for support.

Every time, lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Only balance issue that really stands out is Lucio having too much survivabilty. Probably needs his HP lowered.

I really enjoy this game, but one interesting thing I've noticed is that I can really only play 3-4 games at a time before having to stop and take a break.

Also, we need more melee heroes.

dimb

I really enjoy this game, but one interesting thing I've noticed is that I can really only play 3-4 games at a time before having to stop and take a break.

Also, we need more melee heroes.
Genji is already the failed melee hero experiment. Probably won't see much along those lines.

Gryph

Only balance issue that really stands out is Lucio having too much survivabilty. Probably needs his HP lowered.

Let's drop the... Auuuuugh...

Genji is already the failed melee hero experiment. Probably won't see much along those lines.

No way. We'll get at least one more melee hero this year or I'll switch my avatar to a sexy Roadhog for a month...

It's a huge design space.

LordofPwn

Win #100, level 33
Also got both Zarya trophies in the same match today, wasn't expecting it. Practically carried the team with her. Can't remember if we won or not.

Also got the smooth as silk trophy on accident.

Still can't get the hang of tracer. I want to DPS more than annoy. O well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm curious how a sniper support would really work in this.

Evolve actually had cool medics with snipers but they made a lot of sense in a game where you fight a giant monster. They placed debuff markers that amplified damage all over the body, but in a game like this using a traditional sniper is much harder to hit with and the benefit not being a kill like it would be for widow makes it not really worth anything. I'm really interested to see her kit if that ends up being what they go for.

Lucio's costumes are so bad ;_;
yeah man they're bad.

Michael_Jackson_-_Bad.png

I love the frogs.

Seriously, if there's no coordination going on Mercy is awful. Just play Lucio and skate around your teammates and to teammates going off by themselves as they continue to not care that your the only reason they aren't getting annihilated.
this is what has been most frustrating to me as someone who really enjoys Mercy (and loved being Medic in TF2). when the team isn't working as a team, she's almost useless. even worse when nobody picks a tank and you're stuck healing 2-3 offense players who can't stop getting shot.

Linari

Neo Member

Blizzard tried that in a earlier beta, didn't work out for him from what I remember. To be honest his survivability isn't that bad. Its speed boost that probably needs to change a little.

Oh and Mcree too >_>

LordofPwn

yeah man they're bad.

Michael_Jackson_-_Bad.png

I love the frogs.

this is what has been most frustrating to me as someone who really enjoys Mercy (and loved being Medic in TF2). when the team isn't working as a team, she's almost useless. even worse when nobody picks a tank and you're stuck healing 2-3 offense players who can't stop getting shot.

When I play mercy in pubs there's never more than 2 people dead at a time unless my team gets me killed then I spawn and then the remaining 5 die before I can get back.

dimb

Reinhardt says hi?
I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems pretty clear that Blizzard doesn't think a complete melee focus has a place in the game because of how it offers feedback on a hit by hit basis. Genji got pulled back from being all melee because it just made more sense as an ultimate. In a similar fashion most of what Reinhardt does isn't really about meleeing people. If we did see another hero come in that had a focus on melee attacks I think they'd have other tasks that came as a priority, like how we see Reinhardt blocking.

When I play mercy in pubs there's never more than 2 people dead at a time unless my team gets me killed then I spawn and then the remaining 5 die before I can get back.

oh i heal my ass off anyway, it's just chaos reigns in that situation. also yeah at the cycle of being alive while everyone else is dead. i've started to be more disciplined and just waiting for respawns, i can't do anything alone.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I play a better sniper with Zenyatta than 90% of the Widowmakers on my teams.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Love when you get a reaper that goes "I NEED HEALING" when he's flanked super far behind the enemy that would surely get you killed going for.

Salarians

Caved and bought two boxes...

Got Reaper's Mariachi, an emote for McCree, a highlight intro for Pharah, and enough credits to but Mercy's cobalt skin. I'd consider that a success.

And I'm not buying anymore!!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
It's started to get to the point where I feel completely useless if I can't choose Junkrat. A lot of the heroes can really only be played one way, defense or attack, rarely both but Junkrat allows me to aggressively switch between both instantly and it suits my over-aggressive playstyle. It's heartbreaking being forced into a tank or support role and watching everyone around you crumble under pressure because they're unable to deal with the enemy press or keep allowing mobile heroes behind our defenses.

I've tried other heroes and I'm either never going to be good at them (eg Hanzo - aiming) or sub-average on others but unable to find situations where I can play them often enough to get good at them. I suppose I could try playing against AI.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Does getting a pot of gold when you open a box mean that you got an item you already have? Because I opened a legendary box and got gold... I mean... I opened one legendary outfit. Don't tell me that I pulled the exact same outfit again.

Does getting a pot of gold when you open a box mean that you got an item you already have? Because I opened a legendary box and got gold... I mean... I opened one legendary outfit. Don't tell me that I pulled the exact same outfit again.
No. There's a difference between getting a pile of gold and a dupe.

Lesath

If you pull gold you get 500 but if you pull dupes you get 200...I think.

ramyeon

No, if you get a duplicate it shows what you got and tells you it's a dupe and you receive currency instead.

There are different tiers of gold you can pull from boxes including an Orange/Legendary tier.

Apathy

It's 2016, why the fuck can people not understand what a point is or what a paylaod is. what world is this??!?!

Fuck man, at this point Blizzard might as well just put everlasting arrows over the objectives and arrows leading to it all at times and for the hell of it make the overtime timer huge in the middle of the screen with he world "get on the fucking point" blinking all around it.

Me healing as lucio and a tank were the only ones pushing, while the rest of the team diddled their epeens and probably thought they were playing cod and dying. we lost and the tank had most elims and i had second. like wth, why. Shit at this point the idea of a TDM mode so these idiots can go do that there is sounding really really good.

If you pull gold you get 500 but if you pull dupes you get 200...I think.

gold comes in different denominations. 50 for rare gold, 500 for legendary, I think epic gold is 200 or 250. Duplicates give you 20% of their actual price.

Rad-

I'm surprised Winston gets so high amount of eliminations per game considering his gun does shit for damage. I guess it's because his gun shoots everyone around him so the otherwise low damage stacks up well because it's multiple targets and also you get a lot of assists this way. It's very easy to get around 30 eliminations with Winston and even over 40 when you are having a good game. All that while still creating chaos and helping your team push. Winston's so good.

I've been double and triple, often even quadruple golding games tonight, loss after loss, playing for the team, playing for the captures and defends, and loss after loss

extremely frustrating

I actually have a positive win/loss, but the game is still extremely frustrating, so don't think winning fixes it. There are so many things that are poorly balanced right now (leaving aside the fact that team comps are terrible overall because lol Hanzo/Genji/Widowmaker).

It is way too easy to defend points. You can hold them for damn near ever. Then overtime kicks in, and if you finally get trickled out, you get the 100-99 games which everyone has had. The fact that everyone is getting those 100-0 and 100-99 games is pretty good evidence that something isn't right. Conversely, pushing payloads is too easy.

The "no sniper" and "no builder" warnings should be removed.

Overtime needs to have a time cap on it. Tracer shouldn't be able to perpetually reset it until the war of attrition ends. Let them reset it an infinite number of times but if they don't break it by 3 minutes or something, the game ends.

Symettra needs to be put in defense or let her refresh shields.

McRee is too powerful or the other offensive heroes too weak.

The payload needs to move backward faster. The punishment for getting wiped and having the payload moved back is meaningless.

Mei is too powerful on defense.

Torb's turret needs to auto-target slower or change targets slower. It's a laser beam lock.

Need another healer hero or Zenyatta buffs.

Need another debuff hero. It is far too easy to play a Lucio and Mercy combo and have an unkillable tank.

KarmaCow

Obviously. But some things are basics of multiplayer games that is expect at least some people to get :p

Sorry I didn't mean to single you out, it's just the general sentiment going around. Most people are still starting out, getting a feel for the maps and the characters still. Mistakes will be made.

R0ckman

It's started to get to the point where I feel completely useless if I can't choose Junkrat. A lot of the heroes can really only be played one way, defense or attack, rarely both but Junkrat allows me to aggressively switch between both instantly and it suits my over-aggressive playstyle. It's heartbreaking being forced into a tank or support role and watching everyone around you crumble under pressure because they're unable to deal with the enemy press or keep allowing mobile heroes behind our defenses.

I've tried other heroes and I'm either never going to be good at them (eg Hanzo - aiming) or sub-average on others but unable to find situations where I can play them often enough to get good at them. I suppose I could try playing against AI.

Winston is great when up agaisnt a really agressive team, You can jump to each one of them easier without the others quickly retaliating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom