• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speely

Banned
Once he does find targets? Nah, boo boo. He doesn't, because they've either ran to cover or he's dead.

The stun flashbang in combination with the rapid fire is too strong whereas the ult is too weak IMO.

If they run to cover they are off the objective and you've done some good for your team. If he's dead then them's the breaks and you prolly positioned poorly. Welcome to Pharahville.

That said, I agree that the flashbang combo is a bit too strong. I would be ok with a better Ult if his utility vs flankers was diminished for sure. Making Fan The Hammer a cooldown instead of a right click would be fine with me. If you can burn a tank down with one button press, you better be crap at everything else.

wrongway

Guys, I think Mercy is cursed for me. She quickly became my go-to healer in the beta weekends and the open beta, but every time I pick her now it turns out to either be one of those games where my team is in deathmatch mode from the start, or one of those games where we cruise right up to the cusp of victory and *then* everyone goes into deathmatch mode. This made all the more frustrating by having a high win rate with Lucio. People seem to play smart and stick around when I'm on Lucio, but aura healing is boring to me. Blargh. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Guys, I think Mercy is cursed for me. She quickly became my go-to healer in the beta weekends and the open beta, but every time I pick her now it turns out to either be one of those games where my team is in deathmatch mode from the start, or one of those games where we cruise right up to the cusp of victory and *then* everyone goes into deathmatch mode. This made all the more frustrating by having a high win rate with Lucio. People seem to play smart and stick around when I'm on Lucio, but aura healing is boring to me. Blargh. :(

Mercy is better for coordinated groups while Lucio is better for pugs. People want heals but they know the only way is to be close to Lucio so it generally encourages grouping.

They need to make him an actual healer. This half half assed healing is garbage. Just make him a proper healer that debuffs, why are they so afraid. he needs 3 orbs that heal for less but don't break line of sight and have a certain time/heal amount before they go away.

Having 2 healers is not enough, this fix will help out

Lmao

Sounds like someone's an offense main

Played 32 games today and won 21 of them. Felt pretty good. Also got three POTGs in a row. All pretty horrible highlights. Overall win rate is up 4 points. I'll take it.

Speely

Banned

Mercy is geared for organized groups. Lucio is tailored for everything else.

The problem with payload is that it is too easy to cruise to the final checkpoint on offense. So the team takes their foot of the gas 'oh 5 minutes left and just 20 meters to go? Whatever, we'll get it.' Meanwhile the defense is spawning right there and is in full on panic defense mode. Get rid of the offense once and they will trickle in the remainder of the game and the defense wins.

LiK

i bought another 11 and got one Legendary. yup, i have a problem now.

also found out another Gaffer here that i play with spent $200 on loot crates. i won't say who it is. i'll let him admit it himself.

R0ckman

Was tick rate what killed me when I activated my super as Winston? Was about to die but animation triggered and died anyway when I was suppose to fully heal. A second of invincibility during activation animation would be nice, if I can react fast enough to get it going I shouldn't just die anyway.

Tubie

also found out another Gaffer here that i play with spent $200 on loot crates. i won't say who it is. i'll let him admit it himself.

I could easily see myself going down that road rofl.

It's why I've purchased 0 so far.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Someone said something about $300 earlier. Forget who.

Having to fight urges to buy lootboxes :(

Damn you Blizzard!

I will say one thing: I used to be one of those guys who laughed at all those Dota 2 players spending money on ridiculous hats and skins. Now... *looks guiltily at his multiple loot box purchases* yeah, I get it now.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
just had the most beautiful payload game.. played reinhardt the whole game.. the opposing team never even made the first checkpoint.

GOD I love it when this game comes together.

edit - I've spent $120 so far. Not including the CE itself.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope this "pay for superficial skins and we'll give you maps and other gameplay stuff free" takes off.

I really gotta thank you guys for paying the DLC several times over in my place bwahahaha.

mstevens

The reason I like Lucio is that I'm not the best 360noscope aimer in the world (okay.. I miss point blank body shots sometimes even) but I feel useful as Lucio AND I always feel like my teammates play better when I'm Lucio as well.

borghe

Ok that's true. I am just being nice to Mercy. She is great when a team is super-focused.

the difference is, Lucio your team can be disorganized fuck heads.. but organized "enough" to (hopefully) win.

Mercy yeah.. your team needs to recognize that they have to not block her. If I have to hunt around for you, you're not getting healed.

but like an entire team on the objective, mercy all the way. no way Lucio even comes close to keeping the team topped off in a situation like that. and that's not even talking damage buff.

XBIGYLDN

Neo Member
giphy.gif
was so happy with this.

borghe

On just the cosmetic items? What am I missing ...

for some like myself.. the cosmetic stuff is fun.. differentiates us with our favorite characters.

plus it's essentially like patreon, kickstarter, etc.. a way for us to pay money into the game that is going toward support and future gameplay development so when it's released it doesn't cost anything extra to anyone.

giphy.gif
was so happy with this.

that is beautiful.

Rizzi

There really needs to be a one player limit for each hero.
Running in to teams of Torbjorn and Reinhardts is the most bullshit thing in the game.

The flip side on the Mercy vs. Lucio equation is it feels rewarding as fuck to fly all over the screen with her and top everyone off during a big firefight. When I'm completely in the zone with her, it changes the game. Swapping to her gun at the exact right moment to take down a pursuer is amazing. Dodging out of the way of a massive ultimate and swooping back in for a full team resurrection is the biggest momentum swing in the game.

Aside from the speed boost toward objectives and after respawns, you just play Lucio by passively healing, sticking to the team, and firing at people. It's whatever. Super valuable role but I don't feel particularly accomplished using him.

The ease of play to usefulness equation heavily favors Lucio. I always select Mercy if I'm at the screen load before someone else picks support, but I understand why Lucio is such an attractive option. It's healing without focusing on the actual healing part

honestly, i think they should sell posters for a lot of those sprays as well. some really good art.
The good news is, a Blizzard rep posted in a thread requesting the linked poster saying they passed it along to marketing. Hopefully they can get new stuff in there soon!

Dad

Had a friendly Mei that managed to block my ult and break two of my hook grapples as Roadhog in a single match. Fuck bad Meis

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
We lost

I get a post game card

Only healer on team

10,000+ damage healed

AND 52% of all damage taken

WTF

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
i did it all for you.

Forever in gratitude with everyone who has payed at least a 100 bucks. The rest of you? Start inputting those CC numbers into the game, dammit. Papa needs new maps and modes!

Salarians

Had a play of the game with torb and as i cleared out a team while i was falling down a well. Ok.
Had a Symmetra POTG earlier that starts with a shot of my corpse, then me watching an ally Lucio skate around the point while my turrets pick off four enemies, then me respawning and doing a melee out of habit.

Fun stuff.

I wonder if they are twerking matchmaking on the fly? For the past two days, my friend and I get a constant rotation of a server waiting, then scrimmage on another map, then get pulled out of that server into a new one, then once it is complete it pulls us out to reinstance.

We're waitng up to two minutes per match, and today we easily went on a 10-15 game losing streak against 4-5 man's. Plus, the toxicity of the player base is getting progressively worse. People purposely not playing, Mei walling their own team, and the traditional chat you would expect both from opposing teams and for people on your own team who thinks the team sucks.

Unfortunately, even with the tons of people playing this game, the "Avoid this player" feature doesn't seem to be effective. Found three today alone raging in chat and when I went to click to avoid they already had marks. One of which I had muted (I never do this) and only found out because one of my teammates used my name in a sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom