• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Winston is bonkers.

Nothing is more satisying than jumping in at low health and 97% charge, mashing ult the second it comes up to gain 1000 health, and immediately whacking three people off a ledge to their death.

Then getting play of the game.

With practice it's actually really easy to aim your jump at the point that people will land after you whack them, which allows you to just massacre teams during your ult.

But the real advantage of Winston is that, even without the ult, you have great mobility, great survivability, and enemies can't ignore you. Just don't jump on McCree or Bastion.

These guys picking their """mains""" are the worst, every single match they pick the same character and contribute nothing because they're too busy getting their asses kicked, then complain in chat and I'm just like
LA4dI9d.gif

It's always D.Va too, something about her just makes people refuse to switch no matter how terrible they're doing.

So many maps... so many teams... so many D. Vas doing SHIT ALL.

She's not always a good pick, dammit!

I think she sucks unless there are two of her.

She's a disruptor/flanker. If the team's got one tank, it really just can't be her. Hell, if the team only has 2 tanks, they both can't be her; the same weaknesses still exist. The others can all manage solo, even Zarya (though you've got to be damn near prescient with your shield use), but D. Va cannot play solo tank. Evah.

I generally switch to try and cover her, unless I'm the only support, in which case...

shrug.emoji

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
These guys picking their """mains""" are the worst, every single match they pick the same character and contribute nothing because they're too busy getting their asses kicked, then complain in chat and I'm just like

It's always D.Va too, something about her just makes people refuse to switch no matter how terrible they're doing.
Nah, people who insist on making the game revolve around counterpicks [which is objectively shit design] are the worst because they fly between 15 characters they don't know how to play and then try to explain to the few people who do know what they are doing that they are in fact doing it wrong.

Nothing worse than a mcree/soldier/reaper crying that their D.Va isnt sitting on the objective facetanking because they know nothing about the character.

mains for life.

LA4dI9d.gif

Would you notice a good D.Va?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just started using her, and although she's a lot of fun, I'll be careful not to get too one-track minded.

What in particular are these terrible D.Va players doing? I'd like to understand so I can avoid the same mistakes.

Don't charge head on. Attack on the margins, etc. etc.

Now what I can't stand as a D.Va player are team-mates who expect me to actually tank.

Astral

So guys how does Zarya work exactly? Are her shields supposed to last like 3 seconds? The ones I give my team seriously don't last for shit. I kept dying. I've got no clue how to use her.

Rokam

Don't charge head on. Attack on the margins, etc. etc.

Now what I can't stand as a D.Va player are team-mates who expect me to actually tank.

Basically pretend you're tracer in a mech. Also murder any Widowmaker you see, she can't deal with a Hanzo very easily, but Widows are ridiculously easy to kill as D.Va.

Edit: Quoted wrong post but point remains.

Nah, people who insist on making the game revolve around counterpicks [which is objectively shit design] are the worst because they fly between 15 characters they don't know how to play and then try to explain to the few people who do know what they are doing that they are in fact doing it wrong.

Nothing worse than a mcree/soldier/reaper crying that their D.Va isnt sitting on the objective facetanking because they know nothing about the character.

mains for life.
Pretty sure the ones most likely to be complaining about a character they know nothing about are the one's who've never touched anyone besides their main for more than 20 minutes.

And the one's "insisting" the game is about changing characters depending on the situation are Blizzard, the people who made the game, so????

So guys how does Zarya work exactly? Are her shields supposed to last like 3 seconds? The ones I give my team seriously don't last for shit. I kept dying. I've got no clue how to use her.

When enemies attack the shields you gain damage to your weapon. They have very short a duration so you have to use them wisely.

Can't wait for PotG to finally be improved. In my last match as D Va, I held the control point by killing 2 enemies in the mech, damaging 3 to kill them once my mech was destroyed, then got back in the mech and knocked the incoming healers back.

But the only way I get PotG is when I make mech go boom.

POTG worthy: riptire killing three of us

Not POTG worthy: graviton surge combined with tactical visor to wipe their team and win us the game

On Control I once helped take down three enemies, the Mercy from the other team revived them so they could continue their push, used my Lucio ult and we wiped their team to win the game.

I was so excited to see my play of the game... it went to Bastion.

Dad

I just realized how garbage the game is going to be for the first day or two after a new hero drops with everyone tripping over themselves to play them

mulac

Jesus this game is wild - joined my first social game and jumped between a few characters.

I found it fast, furious, fun and very colorful which is great for the length of the match.

Got confused a bit by the character capabilities and found myself standing in the spawn room hitting F1 (on PC) to checkout the capabilities.

Is there some youtube video that explains basics for n00bs like me? I'm a CS: GO player at heart but this looks like a fun blast to try in these dark australian winter evenings.

Also - gotta figure out "push to talk" on my new gaming headset. ha!

Gryph

Some clever person early in the other OT called them parries, and I think that's a good way to think of them.

The damage done to them powers you up, but they only last for a tiny window, so best to use as soon as some is about to dive, or to save someone from an ult...

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hanzo's arrow damage needs to be nerfed. When you can take out a full health Roadhog in 3 shots you know shit isn't balanced.

valeo

There really needs to be a one player limit for each hero.
Running in to teams of Torbjorn and Reinhardts is the most bullshit thing in the game.

1. Run into a team full of one character
2. Quickly google 'best counter to ____'
3. Win.
4. ???
5. Profit

Thanks for that, super helpful and a welcome contribution.

Erm, he's 100% correct though. 3 arrows is a lot to get hit by. Get in cover. Or heal between arrows. Problem solved.

Astral

Some clever person early in the other OT called them parries, and I think that's a good way to think of them.

The damage done to them powers you up, but they only last for a tiny window, so best to use as soon as some is about to dive, or to save someone from an ult...

Oh ok. I figured that was the case when I jumped in front of my team with my barrier up to protect them from a Junkrat ult. I felt so badass lol.

mains for life.
Lmao.

Zackat

Picked up Nomad Genji skin tonight and started putting in work with him. Really fun character, gonna take me a while to get him down. Worth it to use that sweet skin.

maomaoIYP

Does the PC version still have a kill feed? Is there a way to turn it on for the PS4 version? It would be insanely useful to know if my team mates behind me suddenly all dropped dead and I'm the last guy on the objective. This happens quite often and I could use the info for me to fall back.

Thanks for that, super helpful and a welcome contribution.
I mean, what else do you want? Pretty sure three fully charged Widowmaker shots'll kill him too? Why you standing there getting shot repeatedly in the head with fully charged shots? Get to cover. Grab a health pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom