• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyset

I really don't think I've come across too many things in the game that feel like they're completely out of balance. There's so many good counters. They only thing that I would consider is that Reinhardt seems like an auto-pick for every team.

mreddie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecr8_LNZ1R4

Double Toasted did a Overwatch playthough, Mei is Bae

aIX7Wp8.gif

XenoRaven

I just checked my most played heroes and I'm so ashamed of myself.

My most played hero is

Junkrat

I can't believe it's come to this, but he's the only hero I can carry a team with when my teammates decide to be terrible, which is most of the time.

Finally picked this game up and I'm having a good time so far. I haven't lost yet so I know it's going to get more frustrating.

I mained Bastion for a few matches and he seems really overpowered but I'm sure there's some drawback to him. Zarya was the second character I picked up and had a ton of fun shielding my pals and lasering folks. Got a lot to learn but so far I'm liking this a lot more than I thought I would, after not really getting into Team Fortress.

Any tips would be appreciated.

LiK

My most played hero is

Junkrat

I can't believe it's come to this, but he's the only hero I can carry a team with when my teammates decide to be terrible, which is most of the time.

Why ashamed? He's very useful when things get dicey for a team. I go to Pharah or him when I find my teammates are sucking.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

My most played hero is

Junkrat

Don't be ashamed, Junkrat is one of the best defensive damage dealers.

Eeeeeh we already got two healers and a semi one. I rather see some more shield ideas than turning her into a healer.

Healers are the least represented type of character in the game. They should be the top priority. Maybe something to trick people into playing a support once in awhile.

Man, when you have a good Zenyatta match, it feels amazing. Def my favorite hero. I am forcing myself to learn other heroes to adapt to match dynamics because I just found myself always picking Zen, but if your team doesn't have good attacking, his debuff is wasted. You know a hero clicks with you when you think, "man, this fucker seems OP!" This game is fantastic.

Edit: PS- I love the shit out of Junkrat too. You feel like he is a pray and spray chacter for simpletons, but once you start getting his mine jumps down and get the hang of bank shots, you become a billiard bank shot sniper. Nothing beats turning a corner with his ult and having a nice stack of enemies grouped together.

Me and GrandHarrier played a match with what's probably the worst randos of all time. We're talking like 3 people duking it out with a single Torbjorn for nearly 3 minutes. He'd run up and set up a turret in this inconvenient-ass spot, and like half our team would wage a SIEGE rather than so much as try to just push past him. Turrible.

Sorry I didn't mean to single you out, it's just the general sentiment going around. Most people are still starting out, getting a feel for the maps and the characters still. Mistakes will be made.
Sure. Getting a handle on a character I understand.

What I don't get is my whole team rushing the attacking enemy's spawn, all getting killed and leaving our point wide open for the taking.

Like basic common sense here people. Go to the spawn, harass them, and move back. Rinse and repeat.

My most played hero is

Junkrat

Aiming is overrated anyways.

Junkrat most played here also.

fuzzyset

Man, when you have a good Zenyatta match, it feels amazing. Def my favorite hero. I am forcing myself to learn other heroes to adapt to match dynamics because I just found myself always picking Zen, but if your team doesn't have good attacking, his debuff is wasted. You know a hero clicks with you when you think, "man, this fucker seems OP!" This game is fantastic.

Zenyatta paired with a good Tracer is ridic, imo.

pigeon

Banned
Healers are the least represented type of character in the game. They should be the top priority. Maybe something to trick people into playing a support once in awhile.

The primary reason to play a support character is to win a lot. All of the support characters are game carriers.

Rokam

Got a kill with D.Va's mech... literally just her mech. Threw out the ult and as it was in transit it hit a Torb with a sliver of health and mowed him down. No kills off the nuke itself of course.

fuzzyset

The primary reason to play a support character is to win a lot. All of the support characters are game carriers.

I don't think I've ever played against a team without a healer. Does this actually happen? I usually play in a group of 2-4 so I imagine they're matching us against similar groups so that could be it.

Apathy

heres my friend making the most ridiculous shot on earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwyySfeO0SA

Meh, I've done better, air kills aren't that hard to do, you predict where they will be.

Also people are still so worried and upset at boxes. Don't worry about them, just let them happen. Eventually you'll get a legendary you want or the gold to get one. No need to be upset about it. That's like saying you get upset that you didn't hit the lotto every week.

My most played hero is

Junkrat

There have been a surprising number of times when my team is getting decimated and I just decide to pick Junkrat. 8/10 times, things turn around.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Hey team, I should not be getting the gold medal for healing as Roadhog.

And I shouldn't be doing the most damage as Zenyatta and Lucioo... But here we are ;-)

R0ckman

Had an offense payload mission that at the end our team got so stupid that the enemy team expressed that they were actually confused when we lost. Were doing great then the team just lost their minds at the end, after a wipe with 3 secs left jumped in as Winston threw a sheild down on the payload, raged, cleared the map of everything but a pharah, 3 people behind, a guy on chat yelling at them to get on the payload and it wasnt enough. We lose anyway.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to play as him without being OHK'd by any Widowmaker no matter what. There are so many maps where I just can't play as him because some sniper will have LoS on such a huge portion that I can't stay safe.

Levitating sounds like a neat buff though. Of the 3 healers he's by far the least mobile, so it would be nice to have something to get him out of trouble or maneuver around more effectively.

If you're getting OHKO bodyshotted out in the open by Widowmakers, it's only a matter of time before you're getting headshotted (once people improve), and you'll be back at the drawing board. This is why I don't think increased HP will solve his problems.

It seems to play Zen effectively, you shouldn't be coasting out in the open with him anyway. If there's a large stretch of map that has "Sniper Town" written all over it, it's best to take another route.

They need to make him an actual healer. This half half assed healing is garbage. Just make him a proper healer that debuffs, why are they so afraid. he needs 3 orbs that heal for less but don't break line of sight and have a certain time/heal amount before they go away.

Having 2 healers is not enough, this fix will help out

There's a reason they did the LOS thing. Multiple orbs that don't need LOS sounds too powerful. I like the fact that you need to choose who to concentrate on, and stick with them to some extent. It feels natural for his character as well as his playstyle. I just think a slightly longer timer when outside LOS wouldn't go amiss.

Dear god I hope not
I don't wanna be holding right click all game just in case reaper pops around the corner

I mean, when you think you have a good bead on something it'd be pretty useful. If you're charging the whole time that means you're not thinking about your team or who you could be debuffing.

psyfi

Banned
If you just jump around the payload as Lucio, you're an asshole. That is all.
Haha, I just did that on King of the Hill (or whatever it's called). It was overtime and down to just me and two enemies in the hill, a McCree and a Roadhog. I just kept feantically skating and jumping around to hold the overtime, and thankfully my team respawned and made it back in time. :)

These guys picking their """mains""" are the worst, every single match they pick the same character and contribute nothing because they're too busy getting their asses kicked, then complain in chat and I'm just like
LA4dI9d.gif

It's always D.Va too, something about her just makes people refuse to switch no matter how terrible they're doing.

Dad

whats the best way to counter your own team picking three widowmakers. its the only strategy i dont know how to counter

Poyunch

These guys picking their """mains""" are the worst, every single match they pick the same character and contribute nothing because they're too busy getting their asses kicked, then complain in chat and I'm just like
LA4dI9d.gif

It's always D.Va too, something about her just makes people refuse to switch no matter how terrible they're doing.

Gotta play as my Korean waifu, bruv.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
LA4dI9d.gif

She's the second hottest waifu, that's the reason.

after Mercy

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Just started using her, and although she's a lot of fun, I'll be careful not to get too one-track minded.

What in particular are these terrible D.Va players doing? I'd like to understand so I can avoid the same mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom