• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe it rates defense class kills higher than offense class kills lol

or maybe bonus points for early kills

If both of the Widowmaker kills were headshots, it might have been a Sharpshooter PotG, which I think is prioritized over multikills.

So, when I'm back from vacation, I've decided I'm going to cut myself off of D.Va, Winston, Lucio, and Mei for a while. They've been taking up far too much of my playing time, and I'd like to be more versatile.

That being said, walling off high noon four or five times in a match and pissing off the McCree so much he cusses you out in chat will never grow old.

There is a brawl they tested in closed beta caled MOBAwatch which limits the characters to one per team.

They should put this out as the brawl for next week so people can see how restrictive and crap it is.

There is a brawl they tested in closed beta caled MOBAwatch which limits the characters to one per team.

They should put this out as the brawl for next week so people can see how restrictive and crap it is.

Interested parties would play it and love it and declare it the obvious best way. Uninterested parties would avoid it. The majority wouldn't even be aware it was happening, as they only ever play quick play anyways.

I usually actually switch out of Tor when I see that the enemy team knows how to handle with the turret, its not worth the hassle of setting it up again and it being blown up easily and then im half a character.

and speaking of healers, nothing as frustrating as being a healer, and feeling like you arent doing anything. Either a particular good widow keeps sniping you before you matter, your team is all over the place, you simply feel useless (this happens mostly in those final push moments when teams are entrenched) but then if you switch to a dps or something, people cry for heals, even tho you arnt doing much healing anyway, and if you are, people are still getting deleted.

I had a game last night where I was completely out of sync with my team as they would get killed and I managed to survive only until my team mates were about to arrive so then I had to run all by myself all the way to the point to help them out but by that time, guess what, everyone dead again. This happened over and over in that game.

What's the best strategy in those cases?

Limiting char selection to 1 of each sounds pretty stupid and makes it a bit boring imo.

Last night we had a 4 Reinhardt push on one off the attack maps which would have never worked with the limit.

Is it annoying in pubs? Off course, but get a good team and you'll wreck anything.

Most people haven't realized that skill beats character.

I suggested the limit to be a max of two per category ie. max two offense and two support and so on. Double heroes from within a category allowed :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
2 of my boys got the game

playing solo was incredibly fun, playing with 2 friends is god-tier MP level experience

now they're a few hours in, time to wean them off Soldier 76 / Reaper

Murdoch

I had a game last night where I was completely out of sync with my team as they would get killed and I managed to survive only until my team mates were about to arrive so then I had to run all by myself all the way to the point to help them out but by that time, guess what, everyone dead again. This happened over and over in that game.

What's the best strategy in those cases?

Wait around near spawn for your teammates; then all go in together.

Hawkie

Loving the game, as are my two sons and daughter. We all 'main' different characters and the game has enough scope and variety that everyone's playstyle is suited to at least one of them - which is fantastic. We mostly play with randoms (@250 games played on one account) and honestly, can't complain at all about maps, balance, matchmaking or loot. Sure some games are a little frustrating at times but that's online team games for you - you learn and adapt and have to accept others do too. Not only that, the game is very 'new' to a lot of people who don't have TF2-type experience and some players just want to shoot people. Overall, the great games far outshine any poor ones we've had and we've had countless memorable moments already - just a shame we couldn't keep them recorded somewhere.

Blizzard really have done an astounding job all round here and our family are huge fans already. Just hoping the game has legs on console.

Klyka

Banned
Soldier 76's toolset is so unbelievably solid and works against so many heroes and in so many situations.

He is a beast.
The amount of salt I have dispensed with him is crazy.

At one point I was pissing the enemy team off so bad, that 4 of them didn't go for the objective, but just chased after me to hunt me down.

Felt amazing.

This shit had me dying.

I've been really lucky to be able to play Overwatch with 5 additional friends that I know and we have more or less and idea of what to do, how to counter and when. I keep reading posts and tweets about folks playing with randoms who think this game is CoD.

I myself has played quite a few times with randoms and the difference between playing solo and playing with a full squad is night and day.

Cartho

I'm looking forward to playing with some GAF types: tired of getting utterly rolled when solo queuing. Added myself to the great spreadsheet of Bnet IDs

Duplicates is kinda stupid design choice I feel, especially when you get a duped legendary and only get 200 gold for it, while legendary gold is like at least 500. Feel so unrewarding. Outside that I am loving this game.

Matt Frost

Soldier 76's toolset is so unbelievably solid and works against so many heroes and in so many situations.

He is a beast.
The amount of salt I have dispensed with him is crazy.

At one point I was pissing the enemy team off so bad, that 4 of them didn't go for the objective, but just chased after me to hunt me down.

Felt amazing.

I do the same with Tracer. She is amazing at annoying people and making them chase you and forget about the objective, then you kill them and start over with the annoyance. Tracer on attack is a goddess. Every time I play with her on attack and do my job right, we win. She is OP when you learn how to use it. No one can compete with that. Other Tracers, Zenyattas, Soldiers 76, Symmetra, Bastions, no one can catch up.

I do the same with Tracer. She is amazing at annoying people and making them chase you and forget about the objective, then you kill them and start over with the annoyance. Tracer on attack is a goddess. Every time I play with her on attack and do my job right, we win. She is OP when you learn how to use it. No one can compete with that. Other Tracers, Zenyattas, Soldiers 76, Symmetra, Bastions, no one can catch up.

How about you go against a good Winston and see how that works out?

McCree's flashbang --> fan the hammer or headshot, though.

MGrant

That feeling when you're Mei and you see McCree has already used his flashbang. I'll collect your head now, motherfucker.

You would almost never get gold otherwise.
I don't mind duplicates overall, but the gold value of them is so low, at least when it comes to getting a legendary one or something. I feel like it it were to give me 500 to correspond with the legendary version of gold (500) that can drop too, it wouldn't be so bad.

Auctopus

Might be picking this up later this week. Is there a way to link your PSN with your Battle.net ID? I noticed it wasn't an option during the beta.

Might be picking this up latr this week. Is there a way to link your PSN with your Battle.net ID? I noticed it wasn't an option during the beta.

Yup, right there in the options menu.

Wait! I think you need to go to battle.net and find the link option from there too.

Shahadan

Duplicates is kinda stupid design choice I feel, especially when you get a duped legendary and only get 200 gold for it, while legendary gold is like at least 500. Feel so unrewarding. Outside that I am loving this game.

It's a good system imo, since the more you play, the more duplicates you get, so more money to buy the thing you want.

Seems rather fair to me since it's a system that has to be valid for the whole life of the game. In the long run it's worth it, but I agree that it's frustrating short term.

I was considering buying a fuckkload of tags and lines and shit with my 1500 credits rather than a single legendary skin so I'll get the money back faster.

Pooya

Does any of D.va legendary skins have anything special? like new voice, effect or something like others do? doesn't look like it.

I don't mind duplicates overall, but the gold value of them is so low, at least when it comes to getting a legendary one or something. I feel like it it were to give me 500 to correspond with the legendary version of gold (500) that can drop too, it wouldn't be so bad.

It's 20% of the item's price. getting 50 gold instead of 5 every time you get a duplicate spray or voice line would give you a ridiculous amount of gold stupidly quickly and strongly disincentivize buying loot boxes.

I agree it would be nice, but Blizzard would never do it.

MGrant

oztQjsJ.jpg

Ah, the elusive good loot box.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Does any of D.va legendary skins have anything special? like new voice, effect or something like others do? doesn't look like it.

well, D.VA never before said something when I went "on fire" but this time, with the legendary skin on, she screamed "boom shakalaka she's on fire"..don't know if I just did not hear it before or if it is exclusive

-MD-

A McCree will handle that real quick.

well, D.VA never before said something when I went "on fire" but this time, with the legendary skin on, she screamed "boom shakalaka she's on fire"..don't know if I just did not hear it before or if it is exclusive

I'm pretty sure everyone always says something when they become on fire. It might have just been interrupted by another line before or something.

Although, I've never heard that particular line since I'm never on fire with D.Va.

Kane1345

I got pushed down that giant hole on that Greek type map (can't remember the name, Ilios?) and skated out with Lucio on PS4. God that felt good, was really fun :)

Matt Frost

A McCree will handle that real quick.

Yeah, is most painful character to come across without doubt. That stun grenade. When I see one, I just avoid him at all costs and flank him, killing from behind as quick as possible. If I dont do this, I die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom