• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuilan

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=205113777&postcount=2894

You need to play more with her, the only stat that counts for those leaderboards is "total time played with ____" so just start using D.Va again and you will hit #1 again.

Not quite true. It's one of the factors it takes into account, but it's not the only one. For example, the person currently ranked above me has played with D.Va for ~6 hours less than I have, and the one below me has played D.Va for ~5 hours more than I have. I'm pretty sure it also factors medal count, K/D ratio, W/L ration, time on fire, etc.

It's 20% of the item's price. getting 50 gold instead of 5 every time you get a duplicate spray or voice line would give you a ridiculous amount of gold stupidly quickly and strongly disincentivize buying loot boxes.

I agree it would be nice, but Blizzard would never do it.

I am just saying there is a legendary drop of 500 gold, I feel like that even grounds for a duped legendary skin. I am not asking full price or high partial costback on commons/uncommons, just legendary. They are rare as is, and when lady luck gives me one, I dont wanna be credited 200 gold, on my bought or gained lootbox. Get what I am saying?

Enelby

Neo Member
I've played the game for 13 hours.

I've played Genji for 11...

I seem have a problem with chopping people up like sushi rolls.

In top 100 as Genji but constantly fluxing according to Master Overwatch.

Mi o sutete mo, myori wa sutezu

Matt Frost

McCree's flashbang --> fan the hammer or headshot, though.

Tracer recall power can cancel that, if you are quick enough. But really quick enough. Can also be helpful for Roadhog and many other characters, not just for regaining health.

How about you go against a good Winston and see how that works out?

I have done that. Just keep teleporting on and off, making him give up the fight or be frustrated (like with Reinhart), also make him follow you into the rest of the team. Keep shooting him from a distance (he is big and can land the shots pretty easily), go pick up health around you and you can kill a Winston. The rule: never get too close or his weapon melts Tracer.

Matt Frost

Not quite true. It's one of the factors it takes into account, but it's not the only one. For example, the person currently ranked above me has played with D.Va for ~6 hours less than I have, and the one below me has played D.Va for ~5 hours more than I have. I'm pretty sure it also factors medal count, K/D ratio, W/L ration, time on fire, etc.

Yes true. Blizzard said so in an interview. The only thing that counts is total time played. Is weird for me as well since I am Top with Bastion and only played 3 hours with him, but if Blizz says so...

PatjuhR

Yikes, thought it was purple. Haven't really been paying attention because I didn't notice nice skins in the preview, but that means I haven't had a legendary yet ;(

Mendrox

I had a game last night where I was completely out of sync with my team as they would get killed and I managed to survive only until my team mates were about to arrive so then I had to run all by myself all the way to the point to help them out but by that time, guess what, everyone dead again. This happened over and over in that game.

What's the best strategy in those cases?

Waiting at team spawn of course...

liezryou

I am just saying there is a legendary drop of 500 gold, I feel like that even grounds for a duped legendary skin. I am not asking full price or high partial costback on commons/uncommons, just legendary. They are rare as is, and when lady luck gives me one, I dont wanna be credited 200 gold, on my bought or gained lootbox. Get what I am saying?

Agreed, getting 200g for a dupe legendary on my 4th legendary drop felt like i got jipped really hard. 500g would be way more fair. Just for legendaries though, the other gold conversation rates are fine. I spent 80$ already on boxes and although i wanna spend more i won't because getting 200g for a legendary dupe is really frustrating.

I'm far from being a good player in Overwatch. But I am so proud of this moment that I just had to upload it. :3 Learning the ins and outs of this game is really addicting. Love how theres something to learn with every death/loss.

https://youtu.be/yDDOZ6ldgVY

I'd love your comments on this! Wanna know what I did wrong or what I did right so I can just keep practicing on em! :)

ps. LOVING THIS GAME. Damn perfect for the rainy season.

God that video was great.

*must resist buying overwatch*

I have done that. Just keep teleporting on and off, making him give up the fight or be frustrated (like with Reinhart), also make him follow you into the rest of the team. Keep shooting him from a distance (he is big and can land the shots pretty easily), go pick up health around you and you can kill a Winston. The rule: never get too close or his weapon melts Tracer.

I said a good Winston.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What should they have picked?

Sorry, I'm quite new and I guess I don't see the problem of picking two defence classes when the team is defending.

its fine, its just that theres ALWAYS a widowmaker and usually a hanzo, I just thought it was funny. if it was attack it would have been the same I bet

Oh snap, Riverboat McCree, finally! Now if I could only exchange this crappy Odette skin for Scuba Winston...

Riverboat is pretty nice, I am liking my Mystery Man one. I did get a drop of Gambler,sad it wasn't the better Riverboat version. I want Explorer Winston myself.

People don't seem to take Symmetra in defense modes. She's a absolute beast in certain maps where I'm rolling in my ennemies corpses thanks to my automatic turrets. Plus, having a portal is kind of a game changer.

SoundLad

In fairness, I have noticed Windowmaker being picked in almost all of my matches so far in both defence and offence. Guess people like playing a sniper a lot.

jediyoshi

Hit 100 wins
W4nkJMm.jpg

Didn't realize I ended up with so much Winston time. He's pretty much the go to tank for Gibraltar.

chechi

I actually dislike Lucio's speed mode for anything other than getting back to the fight quicker or avoiding enemy ultimates. Because it fucks up my aim and positioning when I am trying to move around.

Get this, in Lijiang tower I am strafing in a fight against someone, then Lucio switches to speed and I end up walking off the tower. :/

Uhhh never thought about that – thank you sir (as a frequent Lucio player)!

PatjuhR

In fairness, I have noticed Windowmaker being picked in almost all of my matches so far in both defence and offence. Guess people like playing a sniper a lot.

Yeah, I wonder where that is coming from. In most the games I play I play sniper if the option is there. But not with this game.

cuilan

Yes true. Blizzard said so in an interview. The only thing that counts is total time played. Is weird for me as well since I am Top with Bastion and only played 3 hours with him, but if Blizz says so...

Well, the leaderboards for time played and total score are completely separate (and aren't the only categories), so I assume that must be for a reason. I'm referring to Master Overwatch, by the way.

Uh-oh. In the not-quite-a-week since it launched, I have played 40 hours of Overwatch. I am level 50. I have done 1.6 million damage.

Time to pull back on the throttle a little.

Skab

I do love the little touches in this game.

Like zooming in as Widowmaker and hearing her quietly say "I seee Youu."

ramyeon

Guys I need a group to play with who knows what they're doing. These guys are never actually playing for the objective and it's driving me crazy.

One thing that's starting to frustrate me as a Symmetra player - people not using teleports.

I can understand Tracers or Winstons not using them and leaving teleporter activations for the slower characters who need them but when you see a Roadhog or whoever waddle past them out the spawn room...

One thing that's starting to frustrate me as a Symmetra player - people not using teleports.

I can understand Tracers or Winstons not using them and leaving teleporter activations for the slower characters who need them but when you see a Roadhog or whoever waddle past them out the spawn room...

There is one map that has the spawn teleporter is such a hidden spot, that I missed it a few times myself, but yeah I know what ya mean.

Tracer recall power can cancel that, if you are quick enough. But really quick enough. Can also be helpful for Roadhog and many other characters, not just for regaining health.

I've tried using recall as soon as I see a McCree in close quarters but he's stunned me out of the first few frames a bunch of times. I'm under the impression you shouldn't bother with McCree at all unless it's just to annoy him from mid range. Roadhog's chain we can do stuff immediately after like Lucio's soundwave to get away.

Demoskinos

As somebody who plays a bunch of D.Va, I think people who say D.Va is not meant to jump on the objective and take damage are actually playing D.Va wrong. You have 500 health of which 400 is armor, an ability that neutralizes an infinite amount of damage while it's active (the only ability in the game that does so), and a literal extra life. You're excellent at facetanking and you should definitely be doing it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use your mobility advantage and compensate for your speed disadvantage, because you clearly should, but it is actually your job to, say, jump on a Torb turret and soak it up while killing it. You should be getting on the point and hitting E.

Preach. People play her all wrong and then says say she sucks. You need to be a bully with her get in people's faces and like you said harass Bastion's and get on turrets ASAP.

I feel like there's certain problems with Hanzo. I've started getting matched up with good players and there's pretty much one on every team and you just notice how this bow and arrow sniper is actually mobile as fuck and can solo a whole team and keep them at bay forever. Knowing where the heathpacks are I feel like he can just spiderman around and fire arrows forever and no one else can really compete with the mobility and damage per shot.

I'm not sure how to solve the problem though but in later level 2 hanzo teams are quite common and its kinda odd for what is supposed to be a sniping recon character is currently a solo ninja asshole. He somehow does Genji's job better than Genji

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel like there's certain problems with Hanzo. I've started getting matched up with good players and there's pretty much one on every team and you just notice how this bow and arrow sniper is actually mobile as fuck and can solo a whole team and keep them at bay forever. Knowing where the heathpacks are I feel like he can just spiderman around and fire arrows forever and no one else can really compete with the mobility and damage per shot.

I'm not sure how to solve the problem though but in later level 2 hanzo teams are quite common and its kinda odd for what is supposed to be a sniping recon character is currently a solo ninja asshole. He somehow does Genji's job better than Genji

no he doesnt, and no he cant solo a whole team lol

zonezeus

Winston murders him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom