• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
As somebody who plays a bunch of D.Va, I think people who say D.Va is not meant to jump on the objective and take damage are actually playing D.Va wrong. You have 500 health of which 400 is armor, an ability that neutralizes an infinite amount of damage while it's active (the only ability in the game that does so), and a literal extra life. You're excellent at facetanking and you should definitely be doing it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use your mobility advantage and compensate for your speed disadvantage, because you clearly should, but it is actually your job to, say, jump on a Torb turret and soak it up while killing it. You should be getting on the point and hitting E.

Yeah D Va is my favorite and my most played. I rush for the point and try to get in front of everyone and hit my shield, go for any Bastion or Turrets as quickly as possible and generally push people around and get up in their face and blast away. Also love bouncing around like a bunny when she gets knocked out of her armor, killing people as I go or getting them out of the point while the team runs in.

Something about D Va bothers some people and they hate getting killed by her when she is out of her mech lol..so it's easy to get people to chase me. Let's not even get started on how fun it is to send the mech in when her ulti is up. Great point clearer.

Got her Bee skin on Saturday. So gooood!

Banzai

Only legendary I got so far (Lv 25 I think) is Frogston Winston. I mean I love Winston but that has got to be the #1 most boring legendary skin in the game.

Tabby

The most amazing thing happened yesterday, I was playing in a pub game and our team actually ended up using the mics. I am genuinely shocked.

PatjuhR

I played against a team defending point A in Hakamura with three Mei's constantly covering the wall opening with ice walls.

nOoblet16

As somebody who plays a bunch of D.Va, I think people who say D.Va is not meant to jump on the objective and take damage are actually playing D.Va wrong. You have 500 health of which 400 is armor, an ability that neutralizes an infinite amount of damage while it's active (the only ability in the game that does so), and a literal extra life. You're excellent at facetanking and you should definitely be doing it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use your mobility advantage and compensate for your speed disadvantage, because you clearly should, but it is actually your job to, say, jump on a Torb turret and soak it up while killing it. You should be getting on the point and hitting E.
Preach. People play her all wrong and then says say she sucks. You need to be a bully with her get in people's faces and like you said harass Bastion's and get on turrets ASAP.

Except D.Va also has a huge critical point right in the middle of the body which is far easier to hit due to its size and location than a head. D.Va is terrible at face tanking just because of that simple.

You are better used taking out the snipers, Bastion and support at the back then tanking at the objective, there are other tanks like Reinhardt and Roadhog who do that job far better than you, but none of them can flank the support at the backlines. So if you are playing a D.Va and I am constantly getting sniped or if the enemy has a teleporter and yet I see you around the objective when there is no need for a tank or another tank there then I'm going to call you out for it.

Klyka

Banned
I played against a team defending point A in Hakamura with three Mei's constantly covering the wall opening with ice walls.

yeah,we had that too, we just broke the icewalls quickly and ran through while the rest flanked through the window top left

peakish

Preach. People play her all wrong and then says say she sucks. You need to be a bully with her get in people's faces and like you said harass Bastion's and get on turrets ASAP.
It's a tricky balance between tanking damage for the team and pushing for harass or the opponents backline. Even with a ton of armour and the AT field she dies very quickly in a fight against multiple enemies, compared to Roadhog and Reinhardt. I'll stay on the point and guard my team if they need it, but if they are collected I move elsewhere to flank from the sides and take hits as my teammates push from the front. If a sniper or turret comes up I'll also move in on them to disrupt or take them out. I don't try to play her as a solo harass except if the other team is doing really poorly against me.

I don't think I've found the perfect balance for her yet, but I generally feel like I'm making a difference for my team when playing her.

mikemandey

What other heroes besides Mercy and Hanzo who have different ultimate appearance or voice line when wearing legendary skins?

Mercy: "Heroes never die.. for a price" (devil skin) and something about Valhalla (Viking skin)
Hanzo: something in Japanese but not "ryuu ga waga etc" followed by howling wolf sound (wolf skin)

saskuatch

haha same here. bought a turtle beach ear force px4 for nothing. Didn't people talk more often during the beta? i thought so...

I didn't notice in the beta, but no one even types either lol. I haven't really tried any groups through discord yet though.

PatjuhR

yeah,we had that too, we just broke the icewalls quickly and ran through while the rest flanked through the window top left

Haha nice. If you get through it should be easy from there.

I was in a public match and we had zero coordination. So we never saw the objective lol.

Matt Frost

I said a good Winston.

That's pretty tough to deal with. In those situations either I try to lure him into the group or run away

I've tried using recall as soon as I see a McCree in close quarters but he's stunned me out of the first few frames a bunch of times. I'm under the impression you shouldn't bother with McCree at all unless it's just to annoy him from mid range. Roadhog's chain we can do stuff immediately after like Lucio's soundwave to get away.

I usually don't. At least front to front. Sneak to his back and finish him off. I never deal with a McGree head to head.

Well, the leaderboards for time played and total score are completely separate (and aren't the only categories), so I assume that must be for a reason. I'm referring to Master Overwatch, by the way.

I guess so. I don't have all the info so I just go by what Blizz says. Will have to get a closer look into it.

azyless

I love playing Reinhardt because I could be blocking 50 000 damage it wouldn't matter because everyone is too busy fighting all over the map instead of getting behind my shield and pushing the payload :)

Catdaddy

Amazon US sold out of the PS4 and XB1 version of the game and wasn't listing and in stock date, 3rd party showing estimated in stock of June 8. I can't recall, nor really looked to see, a game being out of stock a week after release.

Finally got a POTG with Mercy, three rezs on a payload map right next to the cap point did it...

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I love playing Reinhardt because I could be blocking 50 000 damage it wouldn't matter because everyone is too busy fighting all over the map instead of getting behind my shield and pushing the payload :)

image.php

sorry

I didn't notice in the beta, but no one even types either lol. I haven't really tried any groups through discord yet though.

I tried typing to get a bit of the old esprit de corps going and drop some strats but now I just mute the chat channels having worked out what sort of community we are dealing with in pugs. With matchmaking based games it's a good policy to mute comms unless you are grouping with friends or have broken through to the higher level of MMR where people know that to win you have to work together and not be a dick. If they add a more casual and fun game modes, maybe, but the game modes they have are super salty and try hard.

Kyoufu

I feel like there's certain problems with Hanzo. I've started getting matched up with good players and there's pretty much one on every team and you just notice how this bow and arrow sniper is actually mobile as fuck and can solo a whole team and keep them at bay forever. Knowing where the heathpacks are I feel like he can just spiderman around and fire arrows forever and no one else can really compete with the mobility and damage per shot.

I'm not sure how to solve the problem though but in later level 2 hanzo teams are quite common and its kinda odd for what is supposed to be a sniping recon character is currently a solo ninja asshole. He somehow does Genji's job better than Genji

This can't be real.

I've had 2 legendary skins drop, however they were both the same. I've had a handful of legendary and epic cash drops which is nice, sitting at 2300 gold. Hesitant to buy a skin though as I know as soon as I do it will drop :/ Haha

chechi

I dont know sometimes it seems that nobody cares at all. not that I miss it from other games (dota2 talking about you), but people don't even care enough to react. Maybe it's because everything is new and shiny and people need first to get the hang of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got a loot box player icon after opening another white, white, blue,white box

giphy.gif

going to use it too :3

BY2K

Membero Americo

It's such a shame, too, because an organised team can result with a Reinhardt kicking some serious ass.

Matt Frost

Or Hanzo, or Widowmaker, or Tracer sneaking to his back and shooting the blue box on the back on his head, or Reinhart with shield and help, or...

TBkdWI0.gif

Just opened the 2 boxes I got last night and got 3 legendaries from them, commando 76, one of the Mercy imps and blue biker Torbjörn.
I think that makes 5 legendaries at level 13, I'll give you guys some of my luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom