• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Yeah, I'm done for now, too many people just completely ignore the objective....

I'll be back within a few hours tops, but damn it can be frustrating!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
looool the defence team did not see me as tracer running to the capture point. they were to much trying to kill my whole team. they did not notice me until I had already captured half of it :D

Shifty

What other heroes besides Mercy and Hanzo who have different ultimate appearance or voice line when wearing legendary skins?

Mercy: "Heroes never die.. for a price" (devil skin) and something about Valhalla (Viking skin)
Hanzo: something in Japanese but not "ryuu ga waga etc" followed by howling wolf sound (wolf skin)

I think Rein's Blackhardt skin changes his charge line from 'hagh!' to '(black)hagh!'

Could have imagined it though.

Mupod

while most of the time people never talk, I feel like if anyone STARTS talking at least some others start to speak up. I'm typically on mumble with friends but I could maybe try making more...suggestions on voice once in a while. I feel like this would just degenerate into me yelling at Hanzos though.

Anyways, I only had time for 4 matches last night and it was like a showcase of how dedicated the matchmaking is at keeping you in a 50% winrate. I steamrolled the first match with Zarya so hard the other team didn't know what hit them. Then I got matched up on a Hollywood defense with star players like the Hanzo who was still staring straight at the enemy spawn when 4 of them had just walked past him and took the point. After that I got a team on Li Jiang that probably could have won with me afking on the point as Lucio. At some point half our team got bored and just spread out, which normally would have went poorly but the other guys were so uncoordinated they were just dead all the time. Then the last match I did was so one sided I don't even remember anything other than that it was over real fast. But hey, at least I'll probably win the next one.

I will say that after quite a few matches as Mercy I don't think I will ever even try to play her anymore without some friends in the match. Why the hell do people stop shooting when damage boosted? I thought it was a weird coincidence when I played her in beta or early in retail. But EVERY SINGLE PERSON turns into a complete goddamn pacifist as soon as the blue beam is on them. Why would you ever stop shooting as Junkrat? It's not like there's ammo or anything. I don't mind playing support but SOMEONE has to kill the other guys.

Heng

Yeah, as a Hanzo main, I don't really have much going for me in terms of mobility. Even my ult sucks if the other team know how to sidestep. lol
Yeah I'm not very good at landing kills with my ult either. I've come to terms with it and now I just use it to force the enemy into a certain position and then fire my scattershot around that area.

Slixshot

Banned
I feel like there's certain problems with Hanzo. I've started getting matched up with good players and there's pretty much one on every team and you just notice how this bow and arrow sniper is actually mobile as fuck and can solo a whole team and keep them at bay forever. Knowing where the heathpacks are I feel like he can just spiderman around and fire arrows forever and no one else can really compete with the mobility and damage per shot.

I'm not sure how to solve the problem though but in later level 2 hanzo teams are quite common and its kinda odd for what is supposed to be a sniping recon character is currently a solo ninja asshole. He somehow does Genji's job better than Genji

Hanzo is awesome. Did this yesterday. (Excuse my excitement at the end)

JGLS

Outside of ults wouldn't the blaster be more viable?

You mean using Mercy's blaster for DPS instead of buffing when there's no one to heal? For most situations, I don't think so. The blaster does okay-ish damage but has a slow rate of fire. I use it more for picking off opponents or as a last resort. The buff really excels on fast firing characters like 76 or Bastion, for example. Also, you can use it from cover after connecting which is really handy.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Is there somewhere to look if I want group up with competitive people with voice chat? Getting wrecked on silent pub and friend groups. Pretty tired of losing due to no strats. I also want to win 3 games in a row. Just once.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
People in my games are starting to get wise about not shooting at deflecting Genjis. Making my life hard.
Is there somewhere to look if I want group up with competitive people with voice chat? Getting wrecked on silent pub and friend groups. Pretty tired of losing due to no strats. I also want to win 3 games in a row. Just once.
check OP for gaf discord channel and try to find a group there.

TaterTots

Banned
I love harassing Hanzo and Widowmaker players as Winston. Landing on top off them tends to freak them out and it's easy kills. I love ruining someones good time.

Banzai

One thing I'd like to be patched are ability descriptions. Why not put how much of a damage buff Mercy's secondary is? Why not tell me the duration of stuns? Does a fully drawn Hanzo arrow do more damage or just get more range? I do not know, because how could I.

nOoblet16

People in my games are starting to get wise about not shooting at deflecting Genjis. Making my life hard.

Well then you just use it effectively, no player will just stand and wait unless you already have deflect on..and that's what you can use as bait for them to shoot at you which is when you turn on deflect.

But that's only part of what deflect is about, it's also about providing you a safe way out.

nOoblet16

A lot of GAFers just don't use discord, and even those that do are pretty quiet or they just won't have a mic.

I guess I'm just used to playing with people who constantly make callouts, jokes and basically discuss on random things like game design or other stuff. I do it from time to time but get no response so I guess speople I play with are just not interested in talking about things outside the game.

Ardenyal

You mean using Mercy's blaster for DPS instead of buffing when there's no one to heal? For most situations, I don't think so. The blaster does okay-ish damage but has a slow rate of fire. I use it more for picking off opponents or as a last resort. The buff really excels on fast firing characters like 76 or Bastion, for example. Also, you can use it from cover after connecting which is really handy.

I dont think Mercys blaster is under 1/3 of the DPS of other characters so it makes sense to me to use the blaster rather than amp outside of ults.,

While they are not shooting at you, you are killing them. You have to make them panic into attacking you, rather than opening the fight with a deflect (although that still often works against bad players, Bastions who are reacting to you after aiming at someone else, and people you've got the drop on who don't realize yet that you're Genji).

While they are not shooting at you, you are killing them. You have to make them panic into attacking you, rather than opening the fight with a deflect (although that still often works against bad players, Bastions who are reacting to you after aiming at someone else, and people you've got the drop on who don't realize yet that you're Genji).

P much. I dont run in expecting to reflect all of bastions bullets back. Shurikens first then they usually panic in sentry mode since their stuck now and just start shooting regardless which is when i use Reflect

X-Frame

Does D.Va's "Defense Matrix" absorb ALL incoming damage, including energy weapons?

The description says projectiles which I had assumed meant physical weaponry only. Am I wrong?

Slurmer

Banned
My favorite moment so far. The other team was protecting their payload with 2 torbbjorn players setting up turrets on an elevated area--the game is still new so those turrets were really eating people up.

Playing as Symmetra, I managed to sneak over close to them and remain out of their site. I noticed that 3 teammates had just died so I immediately placed a teleporter down. They all teleport to my area, we take out the turrets, and basically control the match from there.

Symm is my favorite character to use, I just wish she didn't feel so limited in certain parts of matches.

If you are using Mercy, please, please use the damage boost whenever someone isn't in danger of dying. It's incredibly powerful. And try to coordinate it with damage-dealing ultimates, especially ones like Pharah or Soldier 76.

Ducktail

Playing with my cousin on payload attack, we just steamrolled through all checkpoints with him as Bastion in turret mode standing on top of the train, me as Mercy, alternating between buffing him and healing him. Fastest game ever.

Braag

People in my games are starting to get wise about not shooting at deflecting Genjis. Making my life hard

Yep, as you get to higher level, the players are more skilled for the most part and wont blindly just attack Genji but instead make sure his deflect is on cooldown first.
Genji's shurikens are fairly weak, each shuriken does 28 dmg so if you get lucky and hit with all three they will do 84 dmg, they have a travel time and usually land on 3 seperate areas when you throw them while moving so you very rarely manage to hit the enemy with all three except maybe bigger targets like roadhog.
Genji's quick strike does 50 dmg so it's mainly used for finishing an enemy instead of doing actual dmg to them cause you will also need it to escape.
This is why deflect is Genji's most valuable tool for taking enemies out, and if the enemy is smart and wont attack you until he's sure you wont deflect, then you better use your mobility against him and slowly wear him out.

My favorite moment so far. The other team was protecting their payload with 2 torbbjorn players setting up turrets on an elevated area--the game is still new so those turrets were really eating people up.

Playing as Symmetra, I managed to sneak over close to them and remain out of their site. I noticed that 3 teammates had just died so I immediately placed a teleporter down. They all teleport to my area, we take out the turrets, and basically control the match from there.

Symm is my favorite character to use, I just wish she didn't feel so limited in certain parts of matches.

I've begun to wonder if maybe Symmetra could be used primarily for her weapons as opposed to her turrets and teleporter. Against most tanks that aren't Zarya (and even sometimes her), for example, she's surprisingly good if you can circle-strafe worth a damn. Reinhardts can be especially hilarious to fuck with. But I'm not sure if that ultimately contributes much, especially if you can't seal the deal.

Hex

Banned
Got so frustrated last night, I think it was Nepal and on Objective A and we are owning it.
Great play from healer, great play from Toblerone, and from Reinhart and his shields , and I am going ham as Junkrat.
Have the opponent bottlenecked and if someone happens to get through they are dispatched pretty quickly. Total control.
Down to under 20 seconds and I got sniped, and next thing I know we lost Objective A.
I was like HOW???
Fortunately we came back and took B in a knock down drag out but it just is crazy how fast things can turn.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got a cool legendary Bastion skin last night. I have played Bastion literally once and just as a joke to go 6-bastion with my buds.

I guess I'll try actually playing him.

A lot of GAFers just don't use discord, and even those that do are pretty quiet or they just won't have a mic.

I guess I'm just used to playing with people who constantly make callouts, jokes and basically discuss on random things like game design or other stuff. I do it from time to time but get no response so I guess speople I play with are just not interested in talking about things outside the game.

Sounds kind of depressing, on PS4 we are always chatting.

When people aren't talking I wonder why they're in the party, why play with people if you're not going to chat? It's little different to playing with randoms.

LiK

Sounds kind of depressing, on PS4 we are always chatting.

When people aren't talking I wonder why they're in the party, why play with people if you're not going to chat? It's little different to playing with randoms.

I don't use a mic but I'm in party chat to hear if the team has a plan/strategy and sometimes the chatter is hilarious. Even if I had a mic, I would barely talk anyways. You don't really need all 6 players to chat or it's a cacophony of noises.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
At the final point of payload and they have Bastion and Torbjörn turrets on the payload with Rein covering them plus a Mercy and 2x Soldier76. It was absolutely impossible to do anything about, so much healing and damage. I have never felt a game be that unwinnable before.

Xater

At the final point of payload and they have Bastion and Torbjörn turrets on the payload with Rein covering them plus a Mercy and 2x Soldier76. It was absolutely impossible to do anything about, so much healing and damage. I have never felt a game be that unwinnable before.

If they are all clumped up around the payload it sounds like a well placed Hanz or Junkrat Ult could work.

And before you say they would just shoot down the Junk Ult, people often don#t know that the wheel can climb. So you can make that thing come down from above on maps.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Stacking alts can help with this. Was in a similar situation and a combo Mei + Pharah alt broke that line real quick.

Mupod

I didn't know you can charge out of Zarya's ult. I just did that and smashed into her face. So good.

I was thinking long and hard about who exactly is Zarya's counter. Pharah and Widow can fight outside of my range but they don't kill me or stop my abilities at all. McCree beats the other tanks but Zarya is smaller and shield can block flashbang - her laser completely owns him too since he's slow. Zenyatta orbs can be shielded off, so on so forth.

Considering I usually slap the shit out of Reinhardt I never really gave him much thought. But as I was playing as him against a Zarya I was definitely shutting her down completely. It's funny, on Zarya I just run through the shield and laser his face. On Reinhardt I know EXACTLY when she has to reload and then it's hammer time.

Also if your team gets gravity bombed you might WANT to get pulled in with them - your shield will save everyone provided it isn't a Hanzo ult combo or something.

If you are using Mercy, please, please use the damage boost whenever someone isn't in danger of dying. It's incredibly powerful. And try to coordinate it with damage-dealing ultimates, especially ones like Pharah or Soldier 76.

I do, and then idiots stop firing immediately even if half the enemy team is standing there flanked. Every. Damn. Time. Literally the only random I've ever had in a match who did anything with me attached to him was a freaking Zenyatta.

JGLS

I dont think Mercys blaster is under 1/3 of the DPS of other characters so it makes sense to me to use the blaster rather than amp outside of ults.,

I partially agree, but I don't find myself in a lot of scenarios where I don't have to actively heal when playing with randoms, so I only use the amp with ults or heroes I know will give a major boost. Also, I too sometimes use the blaster at mid-range for DPS but you risk getting picked off by snipers, flanking or other skilled players, especially when most teams don't care about protecting Mercy and/or have no situational awareness whatsoever. So I play rather conservatively and choose amp instead of DPS when I seldomly get the chance, as most teams have at least a hero whose normal fire majorly benefits from it.

R0ckman

I'm still having a lot trouble learning KB/M for this. So many commands I don't know and so many things I can't quite pull off naturally. I'd use a controller if Aim Assist was a thing on PC.

Any suggestions on how to make me better at KB/M?

Playstation move analog stick motionjoy/better ds3 and mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom