• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoskinos

I love Zenyatta but FFS I shouldn't be getting gold medals in almost every goddamn category as a 150HP support hero. No clue how we won this. (oh wait I do I killed their whole fucking team solo as Zen)

Cjykw_GUoAEv_09.jpg

Does anyone feel like its a lot easier to win games defending?
At least when playing with randoms anyway. I feel like i win 75% defending and 25% attacking.

I feel like almost all of my random wins come from randoms actually changing their characters after getting their ass beat.

The win/loss is determined by how soon into the game do they switch.

Like, a game of attack on Numbani will suck because our team looks like:

-Reaper
-McRee
-Reaper
-Hanzo
-Junkrat
-Mei

Then one of the reapers will die like 4 times without getting a kill and realize a Reinhart might be helpful. Then the Hanzo will realize the defending team isn't grouping up and he has been sitting on his super for way too long, so he'll switch to Lucio or something.

By the end of the game, the team looks like

-Reinhart
-Lucio
-Reaper
-Mercy
-Roadhog
-Mei

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I love Zenyatta but FFS I shouldn't be getting gold medals in almost every goddamn category as a 150HP support hero. No clue how we won this. (oh wait I do I killed their whole fucking team solo as Zen)

Cjykw_GUoAEv_09.jpg

That definitely just looks like your team was shit. I hate when this happens. I had gold with Lucio in damage done. That should never happen.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Cjykw_GUoAEv_09.jpg

Zenyetta is a DPS monster.

Mercy with a good Pharrah is huge, split away from her for res but otherwise sometimes its okay to tail a particular player for the betterment of the team
also a really good way to add a lot of mobility to Mercy. if someone is rolling Pharah on my team i'm always using them as an escape vector to fly away. conversely, don't fly to Widowmaker.

I had a game last night where I was completely out of sync with my team as they would get killed and I managed to survive only until my team mates were about to arrive so then I had to run all by myself all the way to the point to help them out but by that time, guess what, everyone dead again. This happened over and over in that game.

What's the best strategy in those cases?
this is a little specific to being a healer (and dying because you're squishy) and even more relevant to Lucio specifically but:

if attacking, i wait for the team to respawn. getting into that groove of being alive when everyone else is dead is a surefire way to lose slowly, especially against a more coordinated team. waiting is basically inviting the other team to gain ground unopposed, but you're more likely to be successful when everyone is together and alive.

if you're defending, depending on how dire the situation is, either wait or poke at the other team from range if you can while waiting for back-up. Mercy's shot speed is faster than Lucio's so she's a better poker (I've gotten my share of kills this way) but just try to hassle the other team as best you can to slow their progress.

R0ckman

Two things:

His flashbang doesn't have that much distance to it. I don't understand what you mean by "stupidly long range". You need to be within slapping distance to use it reliably.

His ult, while forgiving in terms of the 50% charge cancel, actually kind of sucks for doing damage. All experienced players will immediately hide when they hear IT'S HIGH NOON. It also leaves him slow and wide open to easy widow headshots while he's trying to lock on. I rarely get more than 2 kills with a single use of it, and 2 isn't even that common anymore. It's not reliable at all to use in most situations; I generally end up saving it as a desperation move near the end of a round.

The only nerfs I could suggest for him would be to add a second or 2 to both his ability cooldowns and/or reduce his ranged damage. Make him more focused on close to mid-range.

Agree with bottom part, also for his ult its almost impossible to use unless you flank on high ground or come up from behind. Got a quad and almost quintuple kill (if not for the Reaper panic shading) by flanking a KoH map in China on a higher platform.

I played with a bunch of randoms in a game and only one guy was talking and all he did was bitch about our team and the other team constantly. I almost wanted to leave. Not sure of these guys who play randoms and thinks anyone cares what they're saying.

I usually mute anyone with a mic. Every single one ive encountered has been annoying with nothing of substance to contribute.

I feel like almost all of my random wins come from randoms actually changing their characters after getting their ass beat.

The win/loss is determined by how soon into the game do they switch.

Like, a game of attack on Numbani will suck because our team looks like:

-Reaper
-McRee
-Reaper
-Hanzo
-Junkrat
-Mei

Then one of the reapers will die like 4 times without getting a kill and realize a Reinhart might be helpful. Then the Hanzo will realize the defending team isn't grouping up and he has been sitting on his super for way too long, so he'll switch to Lucio or something.

By the end of the game, the team looks like

-Reinhart
-Lucio
-Reaper
-Mercy
-Roadhog
-Mei

I do love playing Reinhart when a team is working together and you force your way through a choke point. Its so satisfying forcing your way through with a couple of dps guys + support sitting behind, you feel almost unstoppable.
On the other hand being Reinhart with everyone else faffing about and getting torn to shreds is not :-/

They probably should add a TDM mode, some people really like that I guess and maybe that helps other modes then. It's been a while the game is out and this guy is like level 42, there is like 60 sec left, he's still stuck with widowmaker shooting at who knows what, miles away from payload.

The training map would make a great TDM map.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
having easily the worst day ive had yet in this game today, good lord. just getting rekt left and right, and with groups too (not blaming anyone, im doing badly also. we just getting outclassed)

Has anyone discussed running a Neogaf tounament on this game? We have enough people to get into teams and do that, I think it'd be really fun, and it would get everyone's feet wet for when the competitive playlist arrives.

I'd be willing to lend a hand organizing the PS4 side.

I'm up for that.

PS4 player with mic. UK timezone.
im only level 18 at the mo but im getting pretty good with Reinhart.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The training map would make a great TDM map.
No TDM. NO. NO. The character tuning as it exists now does not support TDM. And with ANY added game mode characters have to be tuned to it (or players will bitch). Adding TDM will water down the considerable differences between types and characters.
Level 19 only one legendary :/

Valkyrie Mercy
It's about 1 for every 20 boxes.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
When does Blizzard usually release sales number? Really curious on seeing how Overwatch did on its first day/week.

LiK

No TDM. NO. NO. The character tuning as it exists now does not support TDM. And with ANY added game mode characters have to be tuned to it (or players will bitch). Adding TDM will water down the considerable differences between types and characters.

Judging from what the devs said, you're safe. TDM isn't currently on the table.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
The more I think about it, all of my annoyances with the game can be solved as they add more unique and interesting heroes. It will cause me to see less Hanzo/Genji/McCree everygame and make team compositions more varied/interesting.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
How does overtime work? It either lasts 5 minutes for me or 5 seconds.
I believe as long as an objective is being actively contested or pushed after time runs out. If the defending team clears then it's over.

pigeon

Banned
How does overtime work? It either lasts 5 minutes for me or 5 seconds.

Overtime ends when the winning team prevents any member of the losing team from being on the objective for 5 seconds or so.

If any member of the losing team touches the objective in that period the timer resets to 5 seconds and freezes until they're removed from the objective. Even if the objective is contested, the timer won't tick until all losing team members are removed.

I wish that lucio's music in-game was louder, for many reasons.

Knowing that a lucio is on the battlefield
Knowing that you are being healed or close to a lucio
Awesome music.

His group heals are so good that he really should stick out a little better then he does right now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a pretty good run today. As always, pubs just don't know how to deal with symmetra which is kinda hilarious. My W/L ratio with her is ridiculous.

Not really it' will be side mode not the main mode, that's like saying they have to tune charatcers in the Weekly Brawl (Another side mode) cause Tracer is OP with infinite blinks .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom