• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

The more I think about it, all of my annoyances with the game can be solved as they add more unique and interesting heroes. It will cause me to see less Hanzo/Genji/McCree everygame and make team compositions more varied/interesting.

Or you'll just see the same amount of those characters and even more awesome characters will be completely neglected.

I don't know if it has an official name, but I've taken to calling it the Ryu problem after years of playing Street Fighter.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Had a pretty good run today. As always, pubs just don't know how to deal with symmetra which is kinda hilarious. My W/L ratio with her is ridiculous.

Speaking of Symmetra, I wish her turrets wouldn't get destroyed with a single bullet.

Even if I put 3-4 of them on top of a door, they get destroyed before they can kill anybody. What a waste.

I wish that lucio's music in-game was louder, for many reasons.

Knowing that a lucio is on the battlefield
Knowing that you are being healed or close to a lucio
Awesome music.

His group heals are so good that he really should stick out a little better then he does right now.

i'd be fine if it was just louder for the Lucio player.

LiK

Speaking of Symmetra, I wish her turrets wouldn't get destroyed with a single bullet.

Even if I put 3-4 of them on top of a door, they get destroyed before they can kill anybody. What a waste.

Makes sense considering you can stack like up to 7 of them at once in one cluster. Makes you really think how to place them in spots that confuse enemy players.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Eh, maybe if you're alone, but in a contested zone there's usually my other team-mates being a distraction and I can just melt them and replace the turrets.

Scatter them around the room so that they won't be touched by random rocket blasts nor random grenades, and that the team has to hunt them. Winston is a hard counter and just hope to god that your team mates take him out, but most times he's weakened coming at you so just melt him as he tries to destroy your turrets.

The thing is, Sym on defense is dual distraction. Either they're distracted taking out turrets buying you more time to melt them, or they're distracted by you which buys your turrets more time to melt them.

R0ckman

How come most randoms do not understand how game changing teleporters are? In most of my random games I'm the only one who bothers to find and destroy them. I tell them in chat the teleporters will make it much harder to benefit from killing them, explain why, yet no one responds.

The only other time I was told where a teleporter was was by a 12-13 year old. If he was smart enough to do that, there is no excuse for the high level of stupidity that goes on in this game. Its like the war sim games have fried people's minds.

Klyka

Banned
My one of three legit complaints with the game. The music is just not that great. I like Lucio's beat alot, the main music.. eh. Kinda disappointing

Wut? the title theme is great at getting you into the heroic Feeling and the Sound that Plays when you get a Group invite is awesome

DrArchon

If they had any real amount of health they'd be too good without getting some other kind of nerf to compensate. If you get 5-6 of them in one tiny room you can easily kill someone before they know what's going on unless it's someone like Winston.

I never even bother with putting anything less than the full amount in an area.

XenoRaven

You have to spread them out in such a way that they can't all get destroyed at once and the enemies have to search for them while getting lasered.

If they could tank hits they would be too good.

peSFxWs.png

What are the odds of getting the skin and the duplicate in the same box ( ._.) at least it's not a white one.

How come most randoms do not understand how game changing teleporters are? In most of my random games I'm the only one who bothers to find and destroy them. I tell them in chat the teleporters will make it much harder to benefit from killing them, explain why, yet no one responds.

From my own experience randoms struggle enough as it is using a teleporter their own side has put down, let alone finding and destroying enemy teleporters.

OneUh8

Trying to find reasons why I'd play Mercy over Lucio as the only support on the team. I'm struggling here.

Not sure if this is a good strat, but I usually use Lucio if I am an attacking team and Mercy more when I am defending. No idea why, maybe because the speed boost with lucio gets everyone back in the fight quicker from spawn.

Not sure if this is a good strat, but I usually use Lucio if I am an attacking team and Mercy more when I am defending. No idea why, maybe because the speed boost with lucio gets everyone back in the fight quicker from spawn.

lol weird i've been the exact opposite. i feel like defending teams tend to cluster, making Lucio's AoE more effective for the team. attacking teams tend to spread and be more spastic, which makes Mercy's heal beam range (and lock-on) more appropriate. i do find Lucio very effective for moving the payload though.

Trying to find reasons why I'd play Mercy over Lucio as the only support on the team. I'm struggling here.

Mercy can put up a LOT of numbers for healing. She's great for pocket healing a Bastion on a payload or a Reinhardt, but if the enemy team has a competent Tracer or Reaper, prepare to spectate while respawning.

People should be relying on health pack spawns for healing instead of a dedicated healer, anyway.

That said, I'll pick Lucio 99% of the time over Mercy.

R0ckman

From my own experience randoms struggle enough as it is using a teleporter their own side has put down, let alone finding and destroying enemy teleporters.

You know I think I saw a couple of my team members not using the teleporter but I thought it was so stupid I figured I was mistaking them for a stray enemy that was wandering around the back of the contest area. I just didn't want to believe.

abundant

IMO, it's best to play Lucio when Attacking and Mercy when Defending. There's nothing more heat breaking than clearing out the Defending Team and getting ready for a big push only to hear "heroes never die" .

Swag

I prefer playing this game in solo queue or playing with only one friend. When I'm queued solo and matched with/against people around my level everyone has played enough to be competent at the game, but the teams aren't co-ordinated enough for it to become one sided stomps. It seems when I queue with 4-6 people the games seem to always be one sided stomps either way depending on whether we're on Attack or Defense

Kyoufu

IMO, it's best to play Lucio when Attacking and Mercy when Defending. There's nothing more heat breaking than clearing out the Defending Team and getting ready for a big push only to hear "heroes never die" .

HAYDEN SCHAUCHT SHNICHT!

is what I hear

A team with both a good Mercy and Lucio is near unstoppable, imo.

For sure, if the DPS players are doing their thing right.

I played against a group that had 3 Tracers. 3 good ones that really understood the rewind mechanic with a mental note of where it would place them, using the skill offensively instead of just an "Oh shit!" button. We got wrecked.

I don't even remember the rest of the team's composition because it didn't seem to matter. A D.Va or a Winston, I think. I know our team had a nice well-rounded one and it just didn't matter.

abundant

I prefer playing this game in solo queue or playing with only one friend. When I'm queued solo and matched with/against people around my level everyone has played enough to be competent at the game, but the teams aren't co-ordinated enough for it to become one sided stomps. It seems when I queue with 4-6 people the games seem to always be one sided stomps either way depending on whether we're on Attack or Defense

And that's because the game tries to match your group up with another group.

LiK

For sure, if the DPS players are doing their thing right.

I played against a group that had 3 Tracers. 3 good ones that really understood the rewind mechanic with a mental note of where it would place them, using the skill offensively instead of just an "Oh shit!" button. We got wrecked.

I don't even remember the rest of the team's composition because it didn't seem to matter. A D.Va or a Winston, I think. I know our team had a nice well-rounded one and it just didn't matter.

Yea, teams also need to learn to defend Mercy, less so with Lucio cuz he can run away and self heal.

Played Hanamura defense with randoms. Two of us picked Torbjörn at the same time, and as a joke three others caught on and also picked Torbjörn. One guy entered late and picked Lucio. So basically we were five Torbjörns and one Lucio defending Hanamura. Easiest game of my life. They never even got close to point A, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom