• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You take that back. Siberian Front is the coolest and I won't hear anything saying otherwise.

The goth skins do suck though.

no the goth skins are awesome. I do like the siberian coat ones tho.

Pooya

got matched with a group that always played the same hero, these guys were awesome lol. I picked something else to make it work.

we went through 5 roadhog and mercy. It wasn't great.
5 76 and D.Va, it was crazy.
5 McCree and Lucio. lmao. high noon from 4 directions, the enemy team was going crazy on chat.

This was so dumb.

How come most randoms do not understand how game changing teleporters are? In most of my random games I'm the only one who bothers to find and destroy them. I tell them in chat the teleporters will make it much harder to benefit from killing them, explain why, yet no one responds.

The only other time I was told where a teleporter was was by a 12-13 year old. If he was smart enough to do that, there is no excuse for the high level of stupidity that goes on in this game. Its like the war sim games have fried people's minds.

A lot of characters don't have the option to go hunting for teleporters.

That task basically comes down to the attack class, except for McRee. Or anyone who happens to be lucky to flank.

Don't expect a tank or support to go wandering around the map looking for teleporters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also which colour is epic or legendary?

Just got punk tracer which makes it my.... 6th? 7th? Legendary or epic at lvl34.

Kyoufu

Mercy has the most powerful, tide turning ultimate of the game

Indeed she does, but it's not something to rely on.

I'd gladly play Mercy in a team with Lucio in it already so I can just focus on boosting damage for the offensive players.

Also who has her Rez trophy? How do you get four teammates to die next to each other? D:

LiK

I'd gladly play Mercy in a team with Lucio in it already so I can just focus on boosting damage for the offensive players.

Also who has her Rez trophy? How do you get four teammates to die next to each other? D:

I play Lucio all the time. We should try doing a Lucio/Mercy combo with randoms. Heal for days.

Vestal

IMO, it's best to play Lucio when Attacking and Mercy when Defending. There's nothing more heat breaking than clearing out the Defending Team and getting ready for a big push only to hear "heroes never die" .

Like it was stated earlier thats why if you are attacking and they have Mercy you need 1 good reaper or tracer to focus solely on killing Mercy.

Last night that's what I did, switched from Junkrat to Reaper once I saw we were having issues due to Mercy. Then for the next 5 minutes my main goal was to beat the living shit out of Mercy. Killed her 6 times and performed my first ever Quintuple Kill.

peakish

Got that trophy yesterday on Anubis, the final point. Five mates dead, enemies had emptied their ultimates, pressed that Q. We capped

Edit: Even our Widow was on the point helping to cap. Good team.

Trying to find reasons why I'd play Mercy over Lucio as the only support on the team. I'm struggling here.

I've had a ton of success lately with having one of each on the team. Mercy for healing the tank or pusher primarily, while Lucio keeps everyone else topped off, and supers when we need to make a push.

That said, a team without a tank usually does better with a Mercy. Lucio sucks on maps with smaller halls like King's Row's middle section, or some of the tighter control maps.

Lately, for my Mercy playing I've been hanging out by a widowmaker and just giving her a damage buff non-stop.

Should be "Helden sterben nicht" (Heroes never die). Although i've set my PS4's language to English, she still says "Helden sterben nicht".

She says this when it's the other team using it.

Most Ults have a vocal line that go with them, that line changes depending on if its a teammate or an enemy saying it.
"Heroes never die!" is your team.
"Helden sterben nicht" is the enemy team.

I got REALLY lucky on a payload map lol.

KraytarJ

A team with both a good Mercy and Lucio is near unstoppable, imo.
I love playing in teams with two supports. It just makes your whole team so much better and it takes the pressure off of your healers. I just wish people wouldn't switch off Mercy or Lucio when I picked Zenyatta or Symmetra.

Yea, teams also need to learn to defend Mercy, less so with Lucio cuz he can run away and self heal.

He can really hard to hit and he hits really hard if you get the full burst to land.

Your first point is dead on. That's part of the reason why I rarely play Mercy. I don't mind supporting at all, but if a Reaper is in the backfield all day, I might as well switch to DPS or a tank for all the help I'd be able to provide. It only takes a few shots from him to drop a Mercy.

When I play Tracer, I always take time every now and then to stop flanking, so I can hold back and see if our support is getting harassed. She's fantastic at counter-harassment.

Redmoon

Does anyone know which 76 skin it is where he has a similar looking gun to the silenced m4a1 from cs(or any shooter that has a the gun I suppose, I just only know cs)?

X-Frame

It's amazing the amount of call-outs that characters say automatically, such as noting an enemy teleporter, or an enemy turret, when the enemy is capturing your objective, etc.

Oh, and the amazing call-out of another teammate's character letting you know someone is behind you -- incredible.

I also realized my Team Chat has been set to Off this whole time (PS4). I don't remember changing that, is that the default?

XenoRaven

Does killcam always show infrared vision, or only when the other team actually has it?

I was getting wrecked by this McCree the other day and he always had infrared in the killcam, but he didn't have a Widow on his team.

vypek

Played Hanamura defense with randoms. Two of us picked Torbjörn at the same time, and as a joke three others caught on and also picked Torbjörn. One guy entered late and picked Lucio. So basically we were five Torbjörns and one Lucio defending Hanamura. Easiest game of my life. They never even got close to point A, lol.

lol I love joke matches like this. Had this happen where we started with 6 Torbjorn and one of us went to Reinhardt. And then another where we all started with Mei.

matmanx1

Symmetra really is a huge boon if played well, especially on maps where you are defending against a team moving the payload or capturing a point. Being able to get a teleporter up that gets your team mates back in the fight quicker means your team can play a more aggressive game and not worry about deaths so much.

If they have the teleporter to quickly get back to the payload then they can fight close enough to it to keep it stalled and contested until the clock runs out. Even if they die more, they can get back in to the fight and keep the pressure on.

And then you have her beam weapons that go through shields and generally annoy and harass flankers. I took out Widowmaker, Tracer and Junkrat last night in the same game by being sneaky with my turrets and beam gun. Junkrat was the best because I caught him as he started his Ult and killed him while his fingers were in his ears, which was hilarious.

Symmetra is not for every situation though. I wouldn't say she's as universally useful as a Soldier 76 or Lucio. Maybe when I learn more about her and the maps I will re-evaluate my opinion.

Neoxon

fd1.png

Does killcam always show infrared vision, or only when the other team actually has it?

I was getting wrecked by this McCree the other day and he always had infrared in the killcam, but he didn't have a Widow on his team.

Hanzo can provide that to teammates as well, but for a shorter duration.

vypek

What does it happen on console if you insert your Battle.net account?

PlayOverwatch.com can look at your stats I think. Haven't noticed anything else and not 100% on the stats either but I think that is what it does.

EIDT: Nvm. Seems to be for rewards in other games.

LiK

It's amazing the amount of call-outs that characters say automatically, such as noting an enemy teleporter, or an enemy turret, when the enemy is capturing your objective, etc.

Oh, and the amazing call-out of another teammate's character letting you know someone is behind you -- incredible.

I also realized my Team Chat has been set to Off this whole time (PS4). I don't remember changing that, is that the default?

I think Team Chat is on by default so you probably switched it off at some point.

ManCannon

It's Attack on Volskaya and the during character select someone on the team starts telling everyone to go Winston. "Everyone! Entire team Winston! Go go!" You could sense the skepticism and doubt from the team of randoms but then slowly a few picked Winston. "Everyone! Whole team must pick Winston!" Then a few more... And while we didn't end up with a full team of Winstons, we did have four plus heals (Mercy despite our Winston strategist pleading for a Lucio instead) and I think a Soldier 76 who didn't want to play along.

I'll admit I was pretty skeptical myself but DAMN. The Winston Army Rush is no joke. We won with ease before they knew what him 'em.

Yep, it's the default. I really wish it wasn't because I doubt many people realize it. I know I didn't until I went to check.

And yeah, the character call-outs are sweet. It's nice to know what to keep an eye out for, particularly the teleporters. Those are so underrated as game-changers. I can't stand it when people run right by them.

I think Team Chat is on by default so you probably switched it off at some point.

Auto-join chat is default on. But Team Chat as an option was a default No. At least, for me it was. And I'd been talking into the headset for days...

Had some really bad experiences playing Mercy. The team splits up all over the place and gets picked off one by one. Never watch for flanks. With Lucio you can at least shoot and retreat and feel like you are doing something. Playing such heavily teamplay orientated characters can be painful but if you have momentum as a team a Mercy will snowball your victory like crazy.

Symmetra really is a huge boon if played well, especially on maps where you are defending against a team moving the payload or capturing a point. Being able to get a teleporter up that gets your team mates back in the fight quicker means your team can play a more aggressive game and not worry about deaths so much.

If they have the teleporter to quickly get back to the payload then they can fight close enough to it to keep it stalled and contested until the clock runs out. Even if they die more, they can get back in to the fight and keep the pressure on.

And then you have her beam weapons that go through shields and generally annoy and harass flankers. I took out Widowmaker, Tracer and Junkrat last night in the same game by being sneaky with my turrets and beam gun. Junkrat was the best because I caught him as he started his Ult and killed him while his fingers were in his ears, which was hilarious.

Symmetra is not for every situation though. I wouldn't say she's as universally useful as a Soldier 76 or Lucio. Maybe when I learn more about her and the maps I will re-evaluate my opinion.

She's near worthless on payload maps on the attacking team. She doesn't have time to setup shop, and even if she does, she's needs something to bait the enemy team into her turrets.

She says this when it's the other team using it.

Most Ults have a vocal line that go with them, that line changes depending on if its a teammate or an enemy saying it.
"Heroes never die!" is your team.
"Helden sterben nicht" is the enemy team.
*the more you know.jpg*

Still, i believe it should be "Helden sterben nicht" if one's console language is set to German ... would be strange if the game is fully translated and localised and then one hero starts talking in a different language, maybe it's switched then, German for your own team, English for the enemy team.

Ideally, she should talk "Schwiizerdütsch", the German variant that is most common in Swiss. :]

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Had some really bad experiences playing Mercy. The team splits up all over the place and gets picked off one by one. Never watch for flanks. With Lucio you can at least shoot and retreat and feel like you are doing something. Playing such heavily teamplay orientated characters can be painful but if you have momentum as a team a Mercy will snowball your victory like crazy.

I've found that randoms play with more teamwork when I am Lucio. For some reason, they just stick by me more than they do when I use Mercy. If I use Mercy, forget it. They just go all over the place. Waste of time, really.

Environmental kills are so satisfying.

Pushing people off the edges or into holes is THE BEST, especially when people don't realize I am maneuvering them into position so I can ... PUSHHHHHH

Sullichin

Ok my biggest problem with the game is when it says "Epic" after 4+ people vote on a player after a match. There's some really cringey "gamer" stuff in here.

Game is great though. So much fun.

ManCannon

She's super fun to play on defense when you can stack a ton of turrets on the back side of choke points and just spam energy balls down the approach. I feel her shields are still kinda 'meh' as a true support but there's something super satisfying about getting an end-game card for kills as Symmetra not to mention having a long-lasting, game-changing teleporter up. I've only had success in specific game/map setups (and generally only if someone is actually healing, she can't cut it as the sole support) but I pick her every time when the conditions are right. ;)

BHK3

Banned
*the more you know.jpg*

Still, i believe it should be "Helden sterben nicht" if one's console language is set to German ... would be strange if the game is fully translated and localised and then one hero starts talking in a different language, maybe it's switched then, German for your own team, English for the enemy team.

Ideally, she should talk "Schwiizerdütsch", the German variant that is most common in Swiss. :]

I didn't know Mei spoke english till I picked her, she speaks chinese when its a teammate or an enemy for me.

Mupod

I've found that randoms play with more teamwork when I am Lucio. For some reason, they just stick by me more than they do when I use Mercy. If I use Mercy, forget it. They just go all over the place. Waste of time, really.

Pushing people off the edges or into holes is THE BEST.

hooking people in is even better. One time I grabbed a Roadhog and he pulled me down with him, haven't laughed so hard at this game as I did there.

and Lucio is the carrier of bad teams. I had a 100% win rate on him for a while, and I only ever played him with randoms. Also all my Lucio POTGs are environmental kills, so good.

LiK

I guess I've been lucky. Heard some dudes bought the loot crate packs and they got zero Legendaries and even zero Epics. I've gotten at least one Legendary with every bundle and plenty of Epics.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Pushing people off the edges or into holes is THE BEST.

When I play Lucio I pretty much play on the objective (Payload or Capture Point) so if my team wants the heals they are gonna have to be close to the objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom