• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interfectum

I'm curious how Blizz is going to handle Lucio. I still think it's too early to call for nerfs but that hero is so good. The playerbase seems to be catching on and I'm seeing him used more and more.

Haines

Banned
I hit level 30 and still have sooo much to learn it's insane.

This game is amazing. You get slightly bored you jump onto a new character and it almost feels like a whole new challenge.

pigeon

Banned
So how close do you have to be to heal your team as Lucio? Does it work through walls? I'm not sure what you can do besides run around and skate on walls and amplify your songs when needed and shoot shit. Sometimes I feel like there could be more I could do.

Lucio's just chill, man. Put on some tunes, skate around the objective, spam some projectiles, push people into the ocean.

The main skill points for Lucio are:

* Positioning, because you have to be in LOS of people to heal them (especially if you need to amp them to keep them alive), so you pretty much need to stand in the center of your team all the time, which is dangerous. Lucio also heals himself just as well as he heals others, so taking some damage for your team without dying is valuable.
* Cooldown management. Lucio's base healing is pretty low (25% of Mercy's HPS). He has exactly two tools to deal with spike damage, and one is his ult. If you use your amp at the wrong time your team will get killed. The feedback on this for Lucio isn't very clear so it's hard to develop this skill.
* Damage output. Lucio's projectiles are very slow, but they have no damage falloff. This makes Lucio good at picking away at turrets and snipers or providing suppressive fire for your team. Lucio doesn't have Mercy's damage amp either so he has to provide benefit for his team with his gun.

Nottle

Everything about D.VA is cringy gamer nerd shit but they do it in such a heartfelt way that I can't hate it.
yeah, I can't hate because it seems a little too real in some ways. Also I thought "nerf this" was a legitamately a funny thing to say to a powerful attack.

Dreavus

Ok the Okami ult is just problematic in general. It's too soft.

I've only run into it a few times but it just seems like a shorter sound clip. Like he starts saying it later in the attack so you don't have quite as much time to react. For the regular dragons it's what, about a second and a half maybe of him yelling then the dragons pop out? The wolf one seems like it's shorter than that which is a bit problematic, yeah.

It also doesn't seem like a great take in general, I prefer the original.

I'm curious how Blizz is going to handle Lucio. I still think it's too early to call for nerfs but that hero is so good. The playerbase seems to be catching on and I'm seeing him used more and more.

At about 20 hours in, I have yet to notice any one hero as "over-powered"

Lucio's have counters just like everyone else.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've been at 800 or so for the past 5-6 levels. I'm starting to give up hope on getting to 1000.

Hit 1000 today, bought a skin and now I'm straight back up to half way, the game generally isn't that kind to me.

DrArchon

I really think that the problems concerning Lucio's popularity will sort themselves out once we get more supports in the game. We have 2 good healing supports, 1 DPS healer that dies too easily, and one non-healer. The lack of variety overall for healers is the real problem.

SDCowboy

Just saw the edit. Guess the the portrait changes as well as setting your level back to 0 then.

I'm not seeing anything online other than in the OP that says the level resets. Almost everything I see via a Google search says it either continues to 1890 or there is no cap. I'm not saying it's not correct, but I'm curious where that came from.

Dreavus

I really think that the problems concerning Lucio's popularity will sort themselves out once we get more supports in the game. We have 2 good healing supports, 1 DPS healer that dies too easily, and one non-healer. The lack of variety overall for healers is the real problem.

Yeah variety will help, I hope. There is a huge cast in this game but you almost always NEED one of the two/three healers to be successful, which is such a bummer sometimes.

Adding more heroes isn't gonna change how game changing Lucio's speed boost is. All that might change is which support gets paired with Lucio.

vypek

I'm not seeing anything online other than in the OP that says the level resets. Everything I see via a Google search says it continues to 1890. I'm not saying it's not correct, but I'm curious where that came from.

The image in the stack exchange link you posted says the portrait will change (indicating your true level) but it resets to 0. Not sure where it was originally pulled from. Maybe from people here who played the beta?

• You receive a promotion every 100 levels.
  • When you get a promotion, the theme of your portrait border changes and your level resets back to 0.

Seems the link refers to this:

http://www.overpwn.com/news/152-tracers-over-the-shoulder-pose-removal-drama-all

Lucio is way too powerful.

He's hard to kill, heals everyone in a radius, can do rapid healing very often, has a very powerful primary fire, a hugely valuable secondary fire that can clear areas or blow people off the map, provide speed to the entire team, get to and from objectives in rapid time, and his ult is one of the most powerful and synergistic in the game.

Oh, and he can run on walls and take paths other heroes can't.

And if you don't use at least one of him in KotH, you will probably lose. My group frequently runs two, with one set to speed boost and the other set to healing. Then they alternate heal boosts and ultimates till we win.

SDCowboy

The image in the stack exchange link you posted says the portrait will change (indicating your true level) but it resets to 0. Not sure where it was originally pulled from. Maybe from people here who played the beta?

Seems the link refers to this:

http://www.overpwn.com/news/152-tracers-over-the-shoulder-pose-removal-drama-all

Huh, well then I suppose I stand corrected. Honestly, I doubt I'll ever see past lvl 100 anyway, so I suppose it's a bit of a moot point for me. :p

Lucio is way too powerful.

He's hard to kill, heals everyone in a radius, can do rapid healing very often, has a very powerful primary fire, a hugely valuable secondary fire that can clear areas or blow people off the map, provide speed to the entire team, get to and from objectives in rapid time, and his ult is one of the most powerful and synergistic in the game.

Oh, and he can run on walls and take paths other heroes can't.

And if you don't use at least one of him in KotH, you will probably lose. My group frequently runs two, with one set to speed boost and the other set to healing. Then they alternate heal boosts and ultimates till we win.

If you are running on walls taking paths other heroes can't take, then you probably aren't healing those other heroes either. :/

vypek

Huh, well then I suppose I stand corrected. Honestly, I doubt I'll ever see past lvl 100 anyway, so I suppose it's a bit of a moot point for me. :p

Lol same here. I don't think I'll ever get that high to actually see for myself. I guess we really won't know for certain unless someone can personally confirm. Not sure how the person/people from that site know for sure or not. Highest level I'll get is probably in the 60's

Baliis

Thanks for the lift Mei.

(This play won us the game after being in overtime for like 3 minuets.)

Had a similar match the other night while playing as junkrat. Threw my mine at reaper to try and knock him back expecting the ult. Ended up knocking him right into our team as he ulted and he killed everyone. Oops. As soon as it happened I was like fuck that's potg and everyone's gonna see it.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Hit 1000 today, bought a skin and now I'm straight back up to half way, the game generally isn't that kind to me.

I'm level 23 and haven't hit 1,000 yet. It's not too kind to me either. lol

I got 1000 by ~lv. 20, and now at 24 I'm at 965 or something.

I'm level 23 and haven't hit 1,000 yet. How did you get so much within four levels? Are you buying crates?

KLoWn

What the fuck happened today? Is it retard day? Every game I've played I've lost because people refuse to play what's needed. When it's time to push the payload we clearly need two Pharas, two Mcree's and a Genji instead of a healer (I picked Reinhardt since no one else wanted to pick a tank). And every other game it's a different variations of the same shit. And even though they're not getting any kills (or anything done in general for that matter) they just stay silent, ignore the pleas for them to change character, and continue to run into a meat grinder.

For the first time today I just quit the game because I couldn't find the motivation to play it any longer, usually I quit because I've been playing for too long. And to put it blunt, what a bunch of fuckin idiots.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its happeeeniiing
e76dfb058d.png

Aboot damn time. Pubbies getting stumpied!

Sifl

The only buff I'd give to Zenyatta is removing the LoS requirement for keeping his orbs up, even though I think I remember reading he used to work like this and they nerfed him. Since you're really squishy I feel there needs to be some sort of saving grace if the enemy team is wrecking you/your team isn't doing a good job at protecting you. Maybe that or the ability to have more then 1 type of orb out at the same time.

finalflame

What the fuck happened today? Is it retard day? Every game I've played I've lost because people refuse to play what's needed. When it's time to push the payload we clearly need two Pharas, two Mcree's and a Genji instead of a healer (I picked Reinhardt since no one else wanted to pick a tank). And every other game it's a different variations of the same shit. And even though they're not getting any kills (or anything done in general for that matter) they just stay silent, ignore the pleas for them to change character, and continue to run into a meat grinder.

For the first time today I just quit the game because I couldn't find the motivation to play it any longer, usually I quit because I've been playing for too long. And to put it blunt, what a bunch of fuckin idiots.

Yah, this makes me mad too. Some people who play this game are really bad, not because they can't play the game, but because they refuse to do what is needed/focus on the objective, and it just completely sucks the fun out of the matches.

I don't condone toxicity, but I am starting to understand the MOBA community a bit better now.

Its happeeeniiing
e76dfb058d.png

Aboot damn time. Pubbies getting stumpied!
crazyfrogbrothers.gif

Sullichin

I'm excited to try out Lucio again after reading about him. I only got the game yesterday. Tried out him for a couple of matches and I had no idea what I was doing.

After about 4 hours of play and only 5-6 heroes tried probably, Roadhog is my favorite.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
All this D.VA hate.
I may need to play her lol.
During a killing spree last night with Junkrat he whipped out a "Why so serious?" comment.
I love little touches.

Awesome!

They're hating on her character, not necessarily her playstyle from a gameplay perspective.

Also, Lucio is gross. As long as your team isn't terrible, you can be on fire for most of the game, blast heals, use your ult on big pushes either on offense/defense, use speed mode to get out of trouble or help your team flee a DVA ultimate for example, and just mash e with heal mode on while in a vicious firefight. He's really damn good.

Zemm

A lot of GAFers just don't use discord, and even those that do are pretty quiet or they just won't have a mic.

I guess I'm just used to playing with people who constantly make callouts, jokes and basically discuss on random things like game design or other stuff. I do it from time to time but get no response so I guess speople I play with are just not interested in talking about things outside the game.

This is what I like to do too and what I'm used to when playing but EU Gaf is silent which is a shame.

aeolist

Banned
i think the best thing in the game is an enemy ult bark followed by their death groan

"it's high noo- UGH"

"let's break it- OWAA"

"ryuuji no- AAAGH"

I bought the LOL line for D Va, and I love using it. I can only imagine how annoyed some of you would be if I was on your team lol.

D Va is the best.

Dreavus

The only buff I'd give to Zenyatta is removing the LoS requirement for keeping his orbs up, even though I think I remember reading he used to work like this and they nerfed him. Since you're really squishy I feel there needs to be some sort of saving grace if the enemy team is wrecking you/your team isn't doing a good job at protecting you. Maybe that or the ability to have more then 1 type of orb out at the same time.

He did.

IIRC he'd throw his orb on a flanker like Genji and they'd be super hard to kill if the player was good. You wouldn't need to retreat for health packs like those characters generally need to because you just had an orb on you all the time.

But the 3 seconds now is pretty strict considering how vulnerable he is to most attacks.

No he doesn't. It does little damage and isn't hitscan. You fire it in a general direction and you might get some damage.
It's easy to hit and get headshots with, plus it has no arc or damage falloff (that I'm aware of), so it works well against stationary targets. It's powerful not in pure DPS terms (where it's near the bottom, I believe), but because you can fire it very, very often; you are hard to kill and teams still don't make Lucio a priority target, so the sheer amount of time you are up shooting at available targets (including KotH) makes it powerful. You won't get many final blows, but you are a constant concern.

I'm not that good with Lucio, but I average 13.65 eliminations (8.61 objective kills) and 3K+ damage per game with him. On top of his other abilities, that's bananas.

Mupod

he was the most OP thing in the game without the LoS requirement. Symmetra got the nerf bat for a similar reason - an unkillable Genji or Tracer running around is too much.

Now 150 hp, that's way too little. I'm sure they'll be looking at him soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom