• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally main 76, Reinhardt, and Bastion. Now I am thinking I want to master Genji since I hardly see anyone play with him in most of the matches I play.

MartyStu

I am really sad at the very possible Lucio nerf.

I understand why it is happening, but I love using him so much :(

I may need to go back to learning to be better with Genji, but I fear a nerf is incoming to him as well.

I'm using the D.Va line from a loot box, "A new challenger appears!"

D.Va is fun to play, can shut down Bastion and turrets, and has a lethal gun in zero suit mode. Does her boost damage enemies if she runs into them? I haven't noticed if she does.

Grief.exe

I wonder if Soldier 76 was balanced for consoles then left a little too strong for the PC version.

With the pin point, instant accuracy on PC combined with the lack of recoil the DPS and sheer burst gets a little high.

Dreavus

Everything about D.VA is cringy gamer nerd shit but they do it in such a heartfelt way that I can't hate it.

I agree, and I don't really mind reaper that much for similar reasons. He's so "edgy" and over the top that it loops around to being unintentionally hilarious to me. I got his "Heh, too easy" line the other day and it's just so great in an absolutely terrible way.

I agree, and I don't really mind reaper that much for similar reasons. He's so "edgy" and over the top that it loops around to being unintentionally hilarious to me. I got his "Heh, too easy" line the other day and it's just so great in an absolutely terrible way.

Except I'm pretty sure it is intentional.

Pooya

Can any other hero beside D.va, genji, Lucio get over the frozen lake to the left of Volskaya industries map on attack? I had one tracer claiming they can but he was just falling to water again and again, lol.

That map is easy with that strategy, instead of dying in the chokepoint for 5 minutes, a lucio, genji, d.va team can go directly to the objective form behind and when defenders push back, you get to sandwich them in between.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I generally main 76, Reinhardt, and Bastion. Now I am thinking I want to master Genji since I hardly see anyone play with him in most of the matches I play.

I played against a good genji, and while I generally consider myself pretty good at this game, this dude was damn near invincible. No matter what I threw at him he countered it perfectly. I had to look up his counter characters to get over the frustration of getting my ass whooped so bad. Turns out Mei and Winston take out Genji 1v1 fairly easily.

Reaper's edginess looks better when he's wearing the Raven skins or the Day of the Dead skins. I can't take his default and all of it's color variations seriously.

aeolist

Banned
Can any other hero beside D.va, genji, Lucio get over the frozen lake to the left of Volskaya industries map on attack? I had one tracer claiming they can but he was just falling to water again and again, lol.

That map is easy with that strategy, instead of dying in the chokepoint for 5 minutes, a lucio, genji, d.va team can go directly to the objective form behind and when defenders push back, you get to sandwich them in between.

winston can, you have to jump first and then rocket so you don't clip the overhang

I played against a good genji, and while I generally consider myself pretty good at this game, this dude was damn near invincible. No matter what I threw at him he countered it perfectly. I had to look up his counter characters to get over the frustration of getting my ass whooped so bad. Turns out Mei and Winston take out Genji 1v1 fairly easily.
I don't fear Meis, since I can mostly avoid them; they are a nuisance in that they will temporarily shut down avenues of the map to me. Symmetra is also a nuisance in this regard, but I can beat both from range with shurikens if others are helping out.

Winston is a nightmare, though. If I see a Winston on the other team, I'll take one life to see if they're going to actively hunt me. If they do, I switch.

Zarya is also basically unkillable unless she's distracted.

There was a post on Reddit about this detailing the characters that can. Tracer can do it. So can Junkrat, Pharah, Widowmaker, and Mercy.

I'm using the D.Va line from a loot box, "A new challenger appears!"

D.Va is fun to play, can shut down Bastion and turrets, and has a lethal gun in zero suit mode. Does her boost damage enemies if she runs into them? I haven't noticed if she does.

it's suppose to deal 50 damage, sometimes I feel like it fails to do that.

As someone who often runs with Widowmaker, it's so so so so so satisfying to snipe Pharrahs out of the sky right before the barrage.

As someone who often also plays as Pharrah, it's infuriating when your barrage is cut short and you wasted your ult ;'(

And then there's moments like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCr6eejjtw

feelsgoodman.bmp

Poor rein didn't know what to do lol

i sit on pharah's ult because i know there's a widowmaker somewhere. i TRY to kill her but i'm like i'll just walk behind the group and ult on them from the ground lol.

Tracer just has to jump and triple-blink. Reaper can also teleport there.

If I'm Junkrat or Widow, I trap that area and warn people to keep an eye on it. From an attacker's point of view, there are two easily available health packs in that area (and you can easily cross over the point to the shed with stairs in it, which has a large pack), which means I take it more often that not as a flanker. Your main job is to cause just enough trouble that they have to turn around and concede the main arch momentarily.

Pharah can.

QUEEN OF THE SKIES.

Mr.Mike

Trying to find reasons why I'd play Mercy over Lucio as the only support on the team. I'm struggling here.

Damage boost and being able to fly around?

I remember on Dorado once the enemy had put a bunch of turrets on the payload. Our tank was Reinhart, so he could shield himself and distract them on the ground. So instead I went up top with Widowmaker and gave her damage boost so that she could take out the turrets faster. It worked pretty well, we did end up losing but that initial turret stack didn't give us any trouble at all.

I wonder if Soldier 76 was balanced for consoles then left a little too strong for the PC version.

With the pin point, instant accuracy on PC combined with the lack of recoil the DPS and sheer burst gets a little high.

If you go for headshots his DPS is really high, in a way that makes it seem like Blizzard didn't expect people to be able to get consistently. But with no recoil, and coming from CS, getting headshot is really easy. It also leads to a situation where his ult actually makes him way weaker in certain situations because it aims for the body instead of the head, so it's only really useful to me for getting rid of some annoying Tracer or Genji zipping around.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I don't fear Meis, since I can mostly avoid them; they are a nuisance in that they will temporarily shut down avenues of the map to me. Symmetra is also a nuisance in this regard, but I can beat both from range with shurikens if others are helping out.

Winston is a nightmare, though. If I see a Winston on the other team, I'll take one life to see if they're going to actively hunt me. If they do, I switch.

Zarya is also basically unkillable unless she's distracted.

I chased Zarya around on one map with Roadhog frustrating myself because she could either get away every time, or squeak off a kill on me. I ended up hating myself for it. lol

i'm honestly thinking of buying another loot pack just to hope to get this skin now lol

I think it will get changed. There're a lot of people complaining about it. The Overwatch subreddit has a post hit 3k+ upvotes about it too.

That'll be my luck. Buy it so I can get the upper hand and they change it that day. lol

Sianos

As somebody who plays a bunch of D.Va, I think people who say D.Va is not meant to jump on the objective and take damage are actually playing D.Va wrong. You have 500 health of which 400 is armor, an ability that neutralizes an infinite amount of damage while it's active (the only ability in the game that does so), and a literal extra life. You're excellent at facetanking and you should definitely be doing it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use your mobility advantage and compensate for your speed disadvantage, because you clearly should, but it is actually your job to, say, jump on a Torb turret and soak it up while killing it. You should be getting on the point and hitting E.

Indeed, just because she is effective at disrupting the backlines in no way means that she is supposed to exclusively roam around solo. Effective use of defense matrix can provide cover for your team to initiate a push and your healthpool mostly being composed of armor also means you heal faster as well, so provided you have a strong healer you can tank quite a lot.

Part of playing like a roamer is coordinating with your team and knowing when to provide suppressive fire and tanking from the front and when to assault the flanks in conjunction with a frontal push.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Its happeeeniiing
e76dfb058d.png

Aboot damn time. Pubbies getting stumpied!

Well I know what I'll be fapping over tonight, so hot.

I don't think they'll nerf Genji. Would be rather stupid if they did, he's basically perfect as it is.

Reaper is fine on his own, but McCree beats him so badly at his own game that it's rather sad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah Mcree is ridiculous. im not sure what you do with him, but its no wonder competitive are running multiples of them

I chased Zarya around on one map with Roadhog frustrating myself because she could either get away every time, or squeak off a kill on me. I ended up hating myself for it. lol

I think it will get changed. There're a lot of people complaining about it. The Overwatch subreddit has a post hit 3k+ upvotes about it too.

That'll be my luck. Buy it so I can get the upper hand and they change it that day. lol

winston is fun chasing down a mercy because why not. i love the panic others play just to run away. i mean they could fly away to the nearest team player but they just back up into a corner or wall lol

aeolist

Banned
yeah Mcree is ridiculous. im not sure what you do with him, but its no wonder competitive are running multiples of them

easiest thing would be more damage falloff at range and 2-3 second cooldown on fan the hammer

that way he won't be so ridiculous at a distance and can't oneshot tanks, but he'll still be a counter to tracer/genji

Ferrio

Banned

Tracer can, takes a jump and three teleports.

Baliis

I'm finally getting the hang of aiming his right click and he's just so absurdly good, especially against pubs who roam solo a lot. The couple matches I feel he didn't work the other team was rolling as a group and could get me down fast if I tried to move in. I was spectating a full GAF group last night and the game put me on the other team against them. I think I probably made KyouG wanna rage quit mercy I killed him so many times.

Sort of felt bad after my last game last night. We were on Route 66 on attack and I kept owning this Tracer and McCree as Widowmaker. Like, they couldn't even get onto the map before I was sending them back to the spawn. I. The post game nothing but rage at the tracer. She really didn't do anything wrong; I was just money in the bank that match but all they knew was Tracer was nowhere to be found all game to help. They roasted her then all 5 left her in the match post-game. I was like o_o

RIP.

I still feel McCree's roll shouldn't reload his gun, and his reload time could stand to be a hair longer.

That will raise the skill floor while keeping the skill ceiling about where it is; the primary fire will still be God-tier. Force people to actually land their shots more instead of relying on fan the hammer, and don't let McCree demolish, e.g., Reinhardt with three button presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom