• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
i'm actually more curious about widowmaker nerfs. she seems like the kind of character that's either mandatory on a team or never picked depending on how good they make her.

they can slow her rate of fire and charge etc but she'll still murder a whole team in the right hands.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
winston is fun chasing down a mercy because why not. i love the panic others play just to run away. i mean they could fly away to the nearest team player but they just back up into a corner or wall lol

Shit's scary. I've been hunted as a Mercy by Wintons and it's like "SHIT, NO, PLEASE" while being slowly pummeled to death spamming shift at every team mate I see.

That and Pharahs flying above me and taking me out first every time they spawn.

i'm actually more curious about widowmaker nerfs. she seems like the kind of character that's either mandatory on a team or never picked depending on how good they make her.

they can slow her rate of fire and charge etc but she'll still murder a whole team in the right hands.
She's fine. There are several good counters, one of which (Winston) is hard as can be. They could lengthen the charge slightly, I guess, but everything else is perfect.

Baliis

I still feel McCree's roll shouldn't reload his gun, and his reload time could stand to be a hair longer.

That will raise the skill floor while keeping the skill ceiling about where it is; the primary fire will still be God-tier. Force people to actually land their shots more instead of relying on fan the hammer, and don't let McCree demolish, e.g., Reinhardt with three button presses.

I wouldn't mind a buff to the roll, but remove the reload or something. The problem with the roll as any sort of defense right now is that half the time you still get hit because of the low tickrate. I've tried to roll around corners before but just get hit and die behind the wall anyways.

They'll probably extend the timer on her poison gas.

brian!

I dont think she needs a nerf but wouldnt mind if her ult charged more slowly or if her hook had a second or two added to the cd

Kyoufu

Man, fuck these trophies.

Widowmaker has one where you're supposed to get a scoped headshot kill while airborne (so basically as you're falling).

Why not go further? Why not make us do a 360 turn as well?

Ullus

McCrees flashbang should be a blind, not a stun.

edit;
Even the bots are salty

2016-05-3119_00_40-20gqyoi.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

She's also the default pick for 99% of all players under level 10, it seems...

LiK

Widowmaker has one where you're supposed to get a scoped headshot kill while airborne (so basically as you're falling).

Why not go further? Why not make us do a 360 turn before?

some of them are probably easier on PC but on consoles? you gotta be fucking lucky.

I dont think she needs a nerf but wouldnt mind if her ult charged more slowly or if her hook had a second or two added to the cd
Don't nerf the hook! That's part of what makes her so fun. Slower ult (with a louder callout!) would help. It's so useful for the entire team.

Mr.Mike

I feel like people in pubs often don't really want to play "frontline". So on King's Row attack you'll get 2 snipers and a bastion and they'll just hang back trying to get kills and stuff (and often not well either). So then I get stuck as a tank trying to get onto the site but that's impossible because they've placed a bunch of turrets out of site of my team of snipers (because why wouldn't they?). It's pretty frustrating, and maybe I really ought to find some people to play with.

finalflame

Widowmaker does not need to be nerfed at all. It takes a lot of skill to play her well, and unskilled players play her very, very badly. "In the right hands" is a key part of this, and is what balances her out. It's also insanely difficult to get headshots in this game.

RedFury

Mcree can be fun to play when you do well with him. But He's such a shit hero to play against. "poof you're dead"
Does D.Va's wall block his stun? I had little to no issue with the match up. Would use my defense matrix, rocket bump them in the face and go Rambo on my right trigger. I don't think I got caught by one stun all last night playing her.

aeolist

Banned
Widowmaker does not need to be nerfed at all. It takes a lot of skill to play her well, and unskilled players play her very, very badly. "In the right hands" is a key part of this, and is what balances her out. It's also insanely difficult to get headshots in this game.

it depends on what skill bracket they want to balance around then. as is she is in 100% of high skill games and can solo teamwipe in the space of 10 seconds.

she may be fine in your games but that's a relative thing.

Baliis

McCrees flashbang should be a blind, not a stun.

edit;
Even the bots are salty

2016-05-3119_00_40-20gqyoi.png

I could go for that yea. Most chars you'd still just drop if your aim is decent, but it would stop you from being able to throw the flashbang over a Reinhardt shield to stun him and drop the shield, so that would be a good nerf right there.

finalflame

it depends on what skill bracket they want to balance around then. as is she is in 100% of high skill games and can solo teamwipe in the space of 10 seconds.

she may be fine in your games but that's a relative thing.

I mean, I do pretty well with her, but seldom see anyone else using her effectively. I don't think the game needs to be balanced around super high level competitive play, making her less viable for 99% of players.

Mr.Mike

I think the expectation is that you get it while jumping? I haven't actually tried this in Overwatch and I don't have access to my PC right now, but in CSGO there's one sniper that's perfectly accurate at the apex of a jump, and I'm thinking they expect something like that.

So you'd find some cover that you can jump just enough to see over, scope in, and then jump up and take a shot right at the moment you stop going up and before you start falling back down. Doing it while falling would be impossible to aim. To make this easier you'd want to find someone stationary (probably some Torb standing around building a turret, aim so that your crosshair will be on his head when you reach the top the of the jump, and then go for it.

finalflame

Jump and shoot? Not hard to counteraim to compensate for vertical movement/falling.

I haven't tried for it yet, but that seems to be the intended requirement.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I think the expectation is that you get it while jumping? I haven't actually tried this in Overwatch and I don't have access to my PC right now, but in CSGO there's one sniper that's perfectly accurate at the apex of a jump, and I'm thinking they expect something like that.

So you'd find some cover that you can jump just enough to see over, and then you'd jump up and take a shot right at the moment you stop going up and before you start falling back down. Doing it while falling would be impossible to aim.
Nah you get it while falling. So grapple something high and on the way down try and kill something.

I think the expectation is that you get it while jumping?
Jumping or using the hook. I got it yesterday when hooking up to the leftmost stone platform on King's Row defense and shooting back towards spawn. I use the wall there to get angles down into the area with the bus.

aeolist

Banned

So you'd find some cover that you can jump just enough to see over, scope in, and then jump up and take a shot right at the moment you stop going up and before you start falling back down. Doing it while falling would be impossible to aim.

she can do a trick shot where she uses the momentum from her grapple to get super high and get angles that she can't otherwise.

just grapple a high point and scope midair. it's not easy but it's doable.

saskuatch

IMO all the characters should be nerfed, to the point were most matches take 40-50 minutes due to overtime and characters dying to slow on the objective.

Neofx

I swear, everytime I play support champions we lacking offensive champions and we lose no matter how much I've healed or boosted.

Much prefer Reaper, currently on a 66% winrate with only randoms on him.

Mr.Mike

Any tips for using Winston's ultimate? I feel like it kinda sucks. :/

I get the impression it's meant to be used to start a big push, and not to actually do that much damage on it's own. So you'd jump in and be a huge distraction, maybe take out a turret, and meanwhile your teammates are coming in and cleaning up.

Or maybe I just suck.

vypek

I believe its currently glitched and cannot tell the the difference between jump and falling that well with the bullet shot. Some people have done it by shooting in the head and immediately jumping fast enough

aeolist

Banned
I get the impression it's meant to be used to start a big push, and not to actually do that much damage on it's own. So you'd jump in and be a huge distraction, maybe take out a turret, and meanwhile your teammates are coming in and cleaning up.

Or maybe I just suck.

it's only easy to kill with if you can knock someone off a cliff or corner them

mainly it's good for disrupting camped enemy groups

Mupod

Its not just me thinking Zenyatta has the best Skins, Emotes, Victory poses and highlight intros right?

Too bad it's currently near impossible to get POTG on him outside of a Pharah shutdown combined with a lot of Transcendence healing, so I'd never drop 250 on an intro.

His Ra/Sunyatta skins are great but I'm cool with the Djinyatta I got.

Fist bump emote and ball balance win pose are god tier for sure.

Poor rein didn't know what to do lol

i sit on pharah's ult because i know there's a widowmaker somewhere. i TRY to kill her but i'm like i'll just walk behind the group and ult on them from the ground lol.

Yeah, Pharah started out as one of my mains and I've learned the hard way that it's vitally important to pick your spot, flank before popping your ult., and to know which characters to look out for (mostly Soldier: 76, Widowmaker, and the dreaded Bastion) before hitting it. That said, there's nothing more satisfying than going up against a team loaded with McCrees, Meis, and Winstons, who just have no counter to justice raining from above.

Firebrand

Which skins change sounds, effects etc? Only ones I know are,
- Hanzo wolf skins add the howling sound to the ultimate
- Mercy's valkyrie skins change her revive sound clip to "Till Valhalla"

Any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom