• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Sigh sometimes I'm just "in the zone" when it comes to sniping in shooters and other times I'm just god awful. I get a few kills in one spot go to a new one and rotate, other times I can't hit worth crap and just switch to another character.

Danj

Is it just me or does Overwatch badly need a clock in the bottom left like Hearthstone has. Every time I play I find I've played way longer than I meant to.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
What I really love about D.VA is all the detail in her cockpit view. Like how her hands move with your movement and how you can she how she uses the defence matrix. Just awesome :D

Vestal

Zenyatta needs only one counter. Widowmaker, who blasts him to bits with a single body shot.

Any Zenyatta caught by a Widowmaker deserves to die. Only time Zenyatta should be out in the open with a Widowmaker out is during Transcendence all other times he should be under cover tossing heals/discord/firing in angles.

Zen is useful for keeping a tank character fully healed and sniping enemies from either behind a tank or way back at a safe distance. He could use a buff though. I wish he could throw out 2 Discord balls instead of 1.

Sigh sometimes I'm just "in the zone" when it comes to sniping in shooters and other times I'm just god awful. I get a few kills in one spot go to a new one and rotate, other times I can't hit worth crap and just switch to another character.
My Hanzo was straight lit from like Tuesday to Friday. Since then it's been complete trash. I can't hit anything.

I know the feeling :(

Hex

Banned
He's interesting for sure, but a combo of no mobility, low hp, but needing to keep line of sight to use his orbs can make him really weak. He dies to sniper body shots and any flanker can gun him down before he can react.

If he could heal himself, or have a third orb for a temp shield bubble for himself he would work.
I love him and when I go assist he is my choice, but yeah weak and slow is a bad combo.

pigeon

Banned
He is definitely the most frustrating for me to play against right now.. constantly murdering the support heroes. Who is the counter?

It's not obvious to me that there is a counter to McCree right now, but I might play Torbjorn (can't flashbang the turret) or Roadhog (hook outranges the flashbang).

He's not "USELESS", but he is extremely difficult to keep alive and he occupies a role that is better served by two other heroes. Mercy actually does the same exact things that Zenyatta does (heals teammates and increases damage output) with extra mobility and escape options. You can argue that Zenyatta's offensive options are superior, but they put him in severe danger since he is so slow and has 150 health. Lucio can't boost his team's damage output, but he does a much better job keeping them alive while providing some utility (speed boost, secondary fire). Overall, you're better off just picking Lucio or Mercy if you want to play support. If you want to do damage, just pick an offensive hero.

I agree for the most part, but a good Zenyatta is super annoying. If they are focusing on healing and smartly poking out to do pretty good damage, then he's very powerful. I likewise prefer Mercy and Lucio, but I have seen some Zenyatta's wreck, so I'm not quite ready to write him off as always the worst pick of the 3.

LiK

Is it just me or does Overwatch badly need a clock in the bottom left like Hearthstone has. Every time I play I find I've played way longer than I meant to.

you asked this before. like i said, put a clock right next to your monitor. :p

Baliis

Then I'll use him whenever there's a lack of snipers and fast characters! That happens often, right?

Most of my Zenyatta games go something like this

I think I'll try Zenyatta this match
*Sniped one second into the match*
Welp, guess this is a Lucio kinda match.

markwaters

Neo Member
Any Zenyatta caught by a Widowmaker deserves to die. Only time Zenyatta should be out in the open with a Widowmaker out is during Transcendence all other times he should be under cover tossing heals/discord/firing in angles.

If he's behind cover, his orbs disappear after a couple of seconds; he has to go back into the open and risk getting one shot to re-up them. You may as well just pick Mercy and apply her damage boost to high DPS hero instead. His options are redundant and inferior and he has nothing to show for it after his beta nerfs.

Lyndzei

Neo Member
Could someone who has the Raptorion skin (the blue mecha one) for Pharah post a screenshot of what it looks like in 1st person? I've been trying to find videos or pictures of the gun model and I haven't been able to find any material whatsoever.

Here's the Mechaqueen one :
GYwQRWc.jpg

Ullus

The Sentry Gun makes a number of beeps every time it reverses its rotation. The number of beeps corresponds to its upgrade level, where a Level 3 turret makes three quick beeps. Additionally, the higher the Sentry Gun's level, the louder it is. A Level 1 Sentry Gun is slightly harder to hear than a Level 3 Sentry Gun; this fact can help attentive players find guarded areas

Wouldn't mind if Blizz did something similar to Torbjörns turret.

from what I read, Zenyatta is like a sniper support character.

Yeah kinda? He does good damage and is more buffs/debuffs then a healer. He's not as useful as an actual sniper/damage dealer/healer but he's good as a 2nd pick, but you'd probably want Zarya instead

R0ckman

He's not "USELESS", but he is extremely difficult to keep alive and he occupies a role that is better served by two other heroes. Mercy actually does the same exact things that Zenyatta does (heals teammates and increases damage output) with extra mobility and escape options. You can argue that Zenyatta's offensive options are superior, but they put him in severe danger since he is so slow and has 150 health. Lucio can't boost his team's damage output, but he does a much better job keeping them alive while providing some utility (speed boost, secondary fire). Overall, you're better off just picking Lucio or Mercy if you want to play support. If you want to do damage, just pick an offensive hero.

Maybe him rotating between a "yin, yang" mode, would be interesting. Harmony stats when you want to heal and support allies, depending on what mode you're in it changes your ult, keep his current ult for light side and for his dark side he does the same thing but it blinds all enemies in his range. For dark side stat debuff orbs, HP down, attack down, speed down for a couple of seconds.

Largo

Is there a GAF group for PS4 with mics? I'm kinda tired of getting steamrolled while everybody runs around with no team coordination.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Anyone who thinks Lucio is getting an adjustment first is out of their minds. His advantages are more than balanced by his disadvantages.

Also if I had a choice, I'd pick Sym. over Lucio anyday.

hunchback

I can't decide if I should go digital or physical disc for this game. I'm looking for something different than the run of the mill military shooter. Are the support roles important like Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I loved playing medic or engineer because I could help out despite not being the best shot.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What are his disadvantages?

Low damage output, has to consistently manage support buffs, is generally worthless if your team decided to go live wolf and it's not like his knock back is on some insanely low coooldown. If he wasn't the "mobile" support class, we wouldn't be having this convo.

Onemic

How do you properly do the roadhog chain + shotty + melee combo? I always try it but I can never one shot people unless they're lower than full health. sometimes the melee attack doesnt even connect and sometimes I fuck up the timing because it's different depending on how far away you hook someone.

Gilby

If he's behind cover, his orbs disappear after a couple of seconds; he has to go back into the open and risk getting one shot to re-up them. You may as well just pick Mercy and apply her damage boost to high DPS hero instead. His options are redundant and inferior and he has nothing to show for it after his beta nerfs.

As someone who loves playing Zenyata I think he could use a buff too, but the advantage he has over other healers is that he can heal from a distance and doesn't need line of sight. His debuff also lets you track the enemy through walls, so you can time your shots when they come around the corner. That said, it would be nice if his shots either travelled faster or reloaded quicker (but that might make him too powerful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom