• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janina Kowalska. Is Sombra giving us info on another character?

It's probably Ana. The wound and the age range kinda matches. Maybe an alias?

It's weird right? The injury seems to match up with Ana but the name is so not Egyptian.

We have to go deeper.

What if Ana is actually dead and Janina Kowalska is impersonating her? ;)

I am onboard with this theory. The Ana we know isn't Ana, She is an impostor.

Rize_21

Well in Ana's comic,
she was about to ruin the plans of Reaper/Sombra, of course Sombra is trying to find a way to shut her down.
The hype is too much, good night.

wamberz1

What if Ana is actually dead and Janina Kowalska is impersonating her? ;)

I like this theory
Or it's an alternate personality developed from the trauma of losing an eye
Or Talon brainwashed Ana to become a sleeper agent
It would mean the pictures of Ana with the mask on and sombra in the caption would make sense
3lQ5B.gif

Edit:
But there's more to my tale [/reinhardt]

If you look closely at the right empty space, you can make out the Sombra logo:
e8031ddd98.jpg

And the heartbeat spells out "amomentincrime", which leads to: http://amomentincrime.com/
and it says: "amnestic to event" right there!!!

Pilgrimzero

What if Ana died and Sombra is masquerading as her to infiltrate Overwatch?

For gaming purposes they would be 2 diff characters though.

Edit: beat me to it

mollipen

The avatar in the Battle.net forums was Day of the Dead inspired, so it's safe to say that she's from Mexico.

I'm just a dumb white person who doesn't understand Mexican culture, but I looooooooved Las Catrinas from Sunset Overdrive. If Sombra has a similar kind of "Day of the Dead" look, I'd be in heaven.

The avatar in the Battle.net forums was Day of the Dead inspired, so it's safe to say that she's from Mexico.

Her in-game clues are on Dorado, her name is Spanish, her ARG clues all have been in Spanish, and her "logo" is a sugar skull, so yeah, it's pretty safe to assume she's Mexican. :p

as in Liao Lee? the cryostisis expert?
Lawd have mercy.

We know nothing about Liao other than their name being Liao. We don't know if their name also is Lee, nor if they had anything to do with Mei's cryostasis.

One of the reasons I've been thinking of making those lore videos, cause I realllllly wanna talk about Liao haha.

Yeah it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

They're not gonna leave her on PTR for over 2 months.

Yeah I realize the time difference and corrected, Ana was the first character... we got her within weeks of the announcement. I'm not sure if they're going to the same with Sombra.

LiK

Joined a random game and no one was support and losing. I picked Zen for fun and helped them win. Got 34% kill participation lol

Squire

Banned
They can't keep the hype going for a month or even more. If the hints are ramping up it's because they're about to release her.

The countdown can't end without a trailer or something equally substantial. They basically have to actually show her now that they've played this.

If the ARG pisses people off to an extent that's noticeable, they will have fucked up.

Rize_21

We know nothing about Liao other than their name being Liao. We don't know if their name also is Lee, nor if they had anything to do with Mei's cryostasis.

One of the reasons I've been thinking of making those lore videos, cause I realllllly wanna talk about Liao haha.

OW's origins comic is coming soon too no?we might get a lot of real informations in this,
I really enjoy the lore, it'd be great if you make some videos about it. :)

Ramirez

5 Gaffers are on and none of them are in a group. You have failed me.

I put a few bucks down on some crates at the last minute, the shame was too much for me to play afterwards.

I didn't get Widow's skin, I don't know why I wanted it, but I did.

Just some random Reddit comment. Can anyone confirm?

Some maps have changed! There's a "cave of mystery" sign near the first curve on Route 66, and a "los muertos" spray to the right outside of the attack spawn in Hollywood. Probably more stuff, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom