• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Yo is Zen nerfed in PTR? I have won every match I have gone as Lucio and I noticed I am not dying in 2 seconds if I try to dance on point.

Raijinken

Anyone else getting massive frame drops ever since season 1 of competitive play ended? I play the game with my Macbook Pro 15-inch (mid-2012) running Windows 8.1 (10 now) through Boot Camp and I was able to play the game with low settings but at a steady 60FPS and 100% render scale. Now all of a sudden the game is at 20 to 30 FPS with 45% render scale and drops to at least 10 FPS when there is a lot of action on screen.

Nothing has changed with the computer at all and I've tried literally everything I could to resolve the issue. I even upgraded to windows 10 but I feel like something has changed with the game performance and I'm hoping it fixes itself before next season :(

Beckx

Timing a sleep dart right, like on an ulting Pharah: FeelsAmazingMan

Nanoboosting a Mercy that flew right into your field of vision between you and the Rein, on the other hand...

unless you're the Mercy

I'M PUMPED UP I'M GETTING IN THERE! THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yo is Zen nerfed in PTR? I have won every match I have gone as Lucio and I noticed I am not dying in 2 seconds if I try to dance on point.

discord nerfed from 50% to 30%

Zen's personal DPS was not effected since his damage got a proportional buff.

Discord was nerfed from 50% to 30%. In return they buffed Zen's orb damage which is nice, especially with the projectile changes. While 30% is still a nice debuff, the net result is that targets aren't immediately melting anymore. Mercy and Ana's really strong single target healing could also be mitigating this.

Anyway, just some thoughts/opinions.
Yeah, this mostly lines up with my experience. I think you'll see McCree more on attack and at higher levels in general, more Soldier 76 on defense (especially early on in matches because of his self-heal and sprint) and at lower levels.

I'd like to see them tweak Widow's scope to be as fluid as Ana's (the damage nerf alone should have been enough), remove D.Va's surviving her own blast (not because I think it's unbalanced; it just bugs me because it's the only case of its kind in the game), reinstate Genji's triple-jump (the ult and macro nerfs, together with a changing meta, should be enough of a change to satisfy most genuine complaints). Lucio and Zen nerfs may have been subtle, but I'd prefer them to err on that side than the various overnerf/overbuff contortions they went through to get McCree where he is.

I'd also like them to do a very careful pass on projectiles throughout the game and iron out whatever kinks there were, but try and get things more like they were pre-revert.

After that, look at reworking the defense heroes to be more interesting and viable in more contexts, and ideally not just with boring buffs to, e.g., damage. And give Symmetra a better and more active E ability. But maybe the speed boost nerf will help to stop defense heroes getting blown away by deathball meta, I dunno.

Also, release Sombra before S2 starts.

I had never really played Ana before. This morning I decided to give her a real shot. After a couple rough games I started a huge winning streak. It got to the point where I said that I would stop playing when I got my first loss.

It took quite awhile, but finally I got matched with a level 8 and 28 we actually almost pulled it off.

But damn, what a great character not alot of medals, POTG's or cards but my W/L with her is now 13-5. Not too bad.

Got nanoboosted while using my ult, I think I became the ultimate being.
d576ce86e8.jpg

R0ckman

I dont think Blizz should be listening to these guys as much as they are, I read through all these nerf topics on battle.net and it feels like people think that the only measure of skill in the game should be an aiming contest. If you want that, play Counter Strike, get the hell out of here with that mess. These morons are the people who keep waking up my sleeping enemies and stuff.

Blu(e)

I had never really played Ana before. This morning I decided to give her a real shot. After a couple rough games I started a huge winning streak. It got to the point where I said that I would stop playing when I got my first loss.

It took quite awhile, but finally I got matched with a level 8 and 28 we actually almost pulled it off.

But damn, what a great character not alot of medals, POTG's or cards but my W/L with her is now 13-5. Not too bad.

Good thing you actually played her rather than stand on your position that she is mediocre. She may be a "lesser" pick on live because of Lucio and Zenyatta but she's still a really strong character and really fun as well.

darklin0

Banned
unless you're the Mercy

I'M PUMPED UP I'M GETTING IN THERE! THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

discord nerfed from 50% to 30%

Zen's personal DPS was not effected since his damage got a proportional buff.
I love it.
Discord was nerfed from 50% to 30%. In return they buffed Zen's orb damage which is nice, especially with the projectile changes. While 30% is still a nice debuff, the net result is that targets aren't immediately melting anymore. Mercy and Ana's really strong single target healing could also be mitigating this.
So glad. I was grounded for so long because of zen. Feels good to be able to ride again.

Good thing you actually played her rather than stand on your position that she is mediocre. She may be a "lesser" pick on live because of Lucio and Zenyatta but she's still a really strong character and really fun as well.

Yea I expected a bit of backlash on that. Which is fair. It is a bummer that Lucio and Zen are still better but Ana herself is an above average character and hopefully the new patch puts her on equal ground with those other two. Hopefully in season two the '2 support' meta opens up for all of the supports.

I really hope that she finds her way into esports. Such a versatile character, it would awesome to see the pros use her.

peakish

Hah, Twiq ran Mei on attack again on Dorado in the Overwatch Open. Was it against EnvyUS he pulled it out on the first point? Straight up splitting teams up and picking people off with that fucking long range sniper rifle of hers. Fun times.

I dont think Blizz should be listening to these guys as much as they are, I read through all these nerf topics on battle.net and it feels like people think that the only measure of skill in the game should be an aiming contest. If you want that, play Counter Strike, get the hell out of here with that mess. These morons are the people who keep waking up my sleeping enemies and stuff.

Blizzard isn't listening to random ass complaints on their forums or reddit or wherever.
They're looking at the data they have, and are quite clearly also concerned about the competitive health of the game, which is why they're trying to work on characters that are dominant in high level play.

That's why Lucio's speed boost got nerfed, instead of his heal like many low level players on the forums/reddit have asked for. Speed boost was, after all, the thing that held the meta in a chokehold, along with Orb of Discord.

I don't understand why people seem to think Blizzard is listening to random scrubs asking for nerfs of whatever characters they can't deal with. If that was the case, Bastion would've gotten nerfed even more and Mei would never have received a buff.

Beckx

EXPERIENCE

TRANQUILITY

I've gotten gold with one elim as a support.

With no backfills.

Yeah that was a fun match.

good times. recently i was having an awful start to a match as Zarya and I looked at my stats after a few mins and it basically went like this

"fuck i'm playing awful"

"fuck i've only got a few hundred damage."

".....fuck i've got gold in damage."

Ramirez

I love Ana, but on console, once people start focusing on you, there's really not much you can do. Even if you're able to prolong your death or even kill the person after you, they've effectively removed you from helping your team.

I'd like to see her grenade splash increased, and her sleep dart hit box expanded, it requires more precision than sniper shots. With a 12 second cool down and how easy it is broke, I think we could definitely afford a little more leeway in how precise the shot needs to be. I've seen my darts go centimeters over someone's body and it doesn't hit.

I just can't picture her current form on console ever being reliable enough for a comfortable competitive pick and that's a shame.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fwiw i find landing her sleep dart more reliable with the ptr hitboxes.

Hah, Twiq ran Mei on attack again on Dorado in the Overwatch Open. Was it against EnvyUS he pulled it out on the first point? Straight up splitting teams up and picking people off with that fucking long range sniper rifle of hers. Fun times.

Yaaaaas.

Jayhawk

When watching tournament streams, I like to keep track of discorded targets and speed boost usage to have a better idea on which team is doing better at focusing targets down and which team is better at calling out and preparing for the initiation of team fights. I don't like it when casters tend to blame victims of focused fire for being bad when there isn't much that particular person can do when focused down without help from his/her team. This type of caster behaviour also encourages negativity in the stream chat by calling out those players.

I just can't picture her current form on console ever being reliable enough for a comfortable competitive pick and that's a shame.

That's still kind of where I'm at. But I guess we'll see, grenade radius and shooting through full health allies would go a LONG way.

I think on a coordinated team it could still work though. Nano boosting someone who knows that it's coming helps a lot. Plus there is stuff like:
"When you use Graviton and their Zen pops his ult I'm going to through my nade and neutralize all transcendence healing so we can still wipe them"
or
"Reaper just teleported above, I'm sure he has ult so just get your dart ready"
Stuff like that is what makes her so fun.

Ramirez

That's still kind of where I'm at. But I guess we'll see, grenade radius and shooting through full health allies would go a LONG way.

I think on a coordinated team it could still work though. Nano boosting someone who knows that it's coming helps a lot. Plus there is stuff like:
"When you use Graviton and their Zen pops his ult I'm going to through my nade and neutralize all transcendence healing so we can still wipe them"
or
"Reaper just teleported above, I'm sure he has ult so just get your dart ready"
Stuff like that is what makes her so fun.

Yup, I love how involved she is, you are constantly doing something. The other healers are just set it and forget it for the most part in comparison.

I find that I either do great with her, or completely tank the team, lol.

Josh5890

Overwatch-Gaf, I'm looking to pick up a new mouse since my Logitech gaming mouse of five years is really starting to suck. (double clicking and disconnecting are the main issues) What mouse do you guys use? I'm playing mostly FPS and RTS games these days and I use a controller for other games. Obviously I want something that is wired and I would prefer to stay around $50.

peakish

When watching tournament streams, I like to keep track of discorded targets and speed boost usage to have a better idea on which team is doing better at focusing targets down and which team is better at calling out and preparing for the initiation of team fights. I don't like it when casters tend to blame victims of focused fire for being bad when there isn't much that particular person can do when focused fire without help from his/her team. This type of caster behaviour also encourages negativity in the stream chat by calling out those players.
Yeah, I agree. I get that it's difficult to cast, maybe especially a game as chaotic as OW, but I haven't seen many casters talk about the plays leading to someone being picked off. When they only talk about the result it easily starts coming off as negative, which quickly snowballs in the cancer that is Twitch chat. Just like Reinforce this weekend and Esper a couple of months ago got to know.

More than that it's a bit boring. Sports casts usually have one person covering the action and a second one doing a more in depth, if quick, analysis of it a few moments later. Tastosis also works like this. Haven't really seen it in OW yet, but the game is still too young I suppose.

Anne

Overwatch-Gaf, I'm looking to pick up a new mouse since my Logitech gaming mouse of five years is really starting to suck. (double clicking and disconnecting are the main issues) What mouse do you guys use? I'm playing mostly FPS and RTS games these days and I use a controller for other games. Obviously I want something that is wired and I would prefer to stay around $50.

I'll tell you how my Zowie FK1 works out later. Logitech G502 is real good if you're into that. There are a few others, but in the 40-60 range most people will say one of those.

darklin0

Banned
I wish leavers got everyone's loss penalty and the poor 5 got unaffected by it. I lost 2 games in a row because people leave. RIP my placements.

Jayhawk

More than that it's a bit boring. Sports casts usually have one person covering the action and a second one doing a more in depth, if quick, analysis of it a few moments later. Tastosis also works like this. Haven't really seen it in OW yet, but the game is still too young I suppose.

The observers and director of what's shown on stream also need to improve, so that the casters can get more details and information since they're limited to commenting on what they see. The quality of this can be improved by Blizzard if they add more tools for spectating.

I miss the quality of Tastosis casting from when I would watch them.

I wish leavers got everyone's loss penalty and the poor 5 got unaffected by it. I lost 2 games in a row because people leave. RIP my placements.
I was thinking about this the other day but I think it's too open to abuse. Play as a 6 person team - team is losing - one person takes the bullet, rest of the team gets off free.

R0ckman

I feel like some of these characters have like incomplete prebattle convos or they could become more colorful. Like Widow seems a bit more flirtatious on the battlefield but very down to business and boring in prebattle convos, I wouldn't mind her trying to fluster some characters like McCree or Honzo, anything to help those characters.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I want a skin that makes Zenyatta black. He seems like a true brother.

darklin0

Banned
I was thinking about this the other day but I think it's too open to abuse. Play as a 6 person team - team is losing - one person takes the bullet, rest of the team gets off free.
I usually get leavers not even 2 minutes of the first round. I would say add a decay timer. The longer the match goes the less the leaver gets in penalty and then the rest of the team gets affected.
Nah, then full groups would abuse the hell out this system.
In situations like this, everyone in the group gets triple loss points.

Odrion

Banned
I am trying to imagine Overwatch matches where Mercy is one of the most dominate healers in the meta and it sure seems pretty boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom