• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when I see a purple drop coming then when it lands, it's coins. Currency you can't use for everything. Weak. Now I'll never have Track UK Tracer and USA McCree. Absolutely disgusting.
Summer Games event ended so you won't be able to get those skins for another year.

Sombra is definitely going to be an AI for a Moba style mode vs Omnic hordes.

There is already voicelines in the gamefiles for things like leveling up, returning to base, and defending certain lanes.

Thats my bet and Im sticking to it.

Anne

Opened up my Zowie. Noticed the differences in the sensors almost instantly.

Why did I wait this long to get an actual FPS mouse ;w;

Sombra is definitely going to be an AI for a Moba style mode vs Omnic hordes.

There is already voicelines in the gamefiles for things like leveling up, returning to base, and defending certain lanes.

Thats my bet and Im sticking to it.
How do those lines also not fit with the actual game? There is leveling up, there are bases, and there are lines to defend. Those don't really lead towards some moba like mode.

There's nothing worse than carrying a payload to the end of a map as lucio, fighting a battle of attrition around it for five straight minutes, and then losing while a teammate tells you that you did nothing to help.
b7f.jpg

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member

^-^b Good choice!

Now fall further into the FPS gear hole and get a ginormous mouse pad and a bungie. :p

matmanx1

I hate how Blizzard have done these file types omg.

nobody seems to have ported most of the male models over to anything usable so I spent the night trying to do Soldier 76's Origins costume and get it up and running in unreal 4. There's something wrong with the eyelashes, so I'll need to fix them, but I'm happy with the rest tbh.

Wow, that is awesome! Great job!

And on another note, PTR is my new home between seasons. Games there seem to be much less salt filled and much less stupid when playing the new map. Quick play can pretty much go jump in a lake at this point.

darklin0

Banned

Zowie are cool but man do I love my Logitech G502. There is no other mouse for me these days.
There's nothing worse than carrying a payload to the end of a map as lucio, fighting a battle of attrition around it for five straight minutes, and then losing while a teammate tells you that you did nothing to help.
b7f.jpg

The life of a support lol. My favorite is the due who spams 'need healing' right after I used it to save their ass.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Would a zowie be an upgrade over my logitech g302?

I already have a mechanical keyboard coming in so I might as well go all the way eh?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
my mouse pad is 14x11in. I know it's not something huge but that's enough for me to play at 32.5cm/360 :p

Ah, good good. Gotta have that desk space for your new mouse. :>

Turns out we have pretty similar sensitivities - I use 34.3 cm per 360.

Would a zowie be an upgrade over my logitech g302?

I already have a mechanical keyboard coming in so I might as well go all the way eh?

Nah, if you're comfortable with how the mouse feels there's not much reason to switch. G302 has a good sensor for FPSes (despite being billed as for MOBAs), only reason to move to a Zowie is if you want to go driver/softwareless or are curious about trying a different shape/weight.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Welp, tonight I had zero fun with this game. Honestly, first time in a while I think I was actively angry. I was planning to play for another couple hours, but it's just not worth it. I'm gonna shelve it and watch some TV and go to bed.

I'm not even mad at my teammates. they were playing well enough. We always had a healer. Most people were willing to hero switch.

I played about ten games. Just one of those was "close." 8 I lost and it was just a massacre. Two we won, one was somewhat close, and the other we just steamrolled.

I mean, I've got 70 hours on the clock. Why can I play ten games in a row that are just COMPLETELY imbalanced. Even the win was no fun - because we seriously couldn't NOT push the cart, it seemed.

Antiwhippy

Speaking of going completely bonkers on mice, how's the logitech chaos spectrum? I kinda miss the wirelessness of my Logitech MX950.

Beckx

Tonight's matches on PTR comp almost brought a tear to my eye. Solo queue games where team members wait at spawn to group up before trying again instead of feeding.

It's weird. Statistically, my Lucio does more damage and heals more. But my Ana wins more games. It's not too far off on damage but healing is notably less. Yet somehow I feel like I need Lucio to win more games when I seem to do better with Ana. For sure my Ana is miles better than my Mercy and Zen.

My Ana win% is 3rd highest to Sym and Torb who I rarely play and usually win due to cheese strats by the team.

Antiwhippy

I have to have input lag or something. I can't ever hit shit with Mccree or Widow

have you lowered your sensitivity?

I've been trying to get good at 800DPI/10sens for mccree, and while it's still taking me time to get used to it I feel like I'm not missing as much.

Kuro

have you lowered your sensitivity?

I've been trying to get good at 800DPI/10sens for mccree, and while it's still taking me time to get used to it I feel like I'm not missing as much.

I use 800/6 and have an average 40% acc with Mccree but I can't hit tracer ever.

Solo queue against 6 gaffers. My Tracer was killing it.

Then they went double Bastion on the last checkpoint. I had gold in everything but my team couldn't adapt and we lost.

I started 22-0 :'(

Should've switched to Genji.

But people in the Life is Strange thread said that NOBODY would ever say or use "hella".

I used to work with a bunch of high-schoolers, and I was shocked to find out that hella was a real thing that people actually said. I've since accepted it as part of my life.

Antiwhippy

I use 800/6 and have an average 40% acc with Mccree but I can't hit tracer ever.

Oh hey, I average 40% too. This was when I was using 800/30 for the majority of my mccree play though.

Tracer I just flash and fan. I would headshot but I don't trust my reactions yet.

Antiwhippy

Double bastion is easy mode though. Ran into a double bastion on the backend of king's row yesterday so I changed into genji so that we could run double genj.

My genji did jack shit because I suck at genji but hey we won anyway.

xaosslug

Solo queue against 6 gaffers. My Tracer was killing it.

Then they went double Bastion on the last checkpoint. I had gold in everything but my team couldn't adapt and we lost.

I started 22-0 :'(

4EjtlzU.gif

i literally only ever 'go Bastion' when I solo queue into a game in progress on King's Row defence and the payload is right on the ramp about to hit the point xD

darklin0

Banned
Had a game where our Mercy kept on flaming that no one was protecting. Every single one of my death cams was me standing next to her spamming "I need healing", dying, and watching the Mercy die in the next few seconds.

This game sometimes...

Antiwhippy

Back when stacking was a thing in competitive I would ask someone to run bastion because people loooooove stacking tanks for sudden deaths.

I was bastion once when a team decided to go all zarya,

That was real fun.

Zarya got to relive some traumatic memories.

I mean double Bastion isn't exactly hard to counter. my team wasn't very good though. I had decent success against the Bastions but my team just got mowed down constantly especially with Reaper and Winston just wrecking us in the back lines.

If I had nailed a few more pulse bombs we would have won, oh well.

Apathy

Blizzard needs to put giant giant giant letters over people's screen that say "get on the payload" or "get on the point" and let them be there till those people get on it. Amazes me how many people are oblivious to whats going on

Antiwhippy

I mean double Bastion isn't exactly hard to counter. my team wasn't very good though. I had decent success against the Bastions but my team just got mowed down constantly especially with Reaper and Winston just wrecking us in the back lines.

If I had nailed a few more pulse bombs we would have won, oh well.

It's the noob wall for a reason.

I remembered how often I would win sudden death playing mercy buffing bastion behind rein's shield. People still get hung up on that.

Xzan

b7f.jpg

For whatever reason, I've managed to avoid most of the shit talk in QP since launch and was kind of bemused last night when a Winston bad-mouthed me to his group in team chat in the first 60 seconds of Attack on Temple of Anubis.

We had a Mercy (one of his group), and I was Ana. The defending team had a Pharah spamming rockets from the top of the first archway as soon as the doors opened. As the secondary healer, I stopped and took three pot-shots at the Pharah, two of which hit and drove her off the arch.

I start to move up and notice the Winston just ahead fighting someone. He pushes past the boulder on the right of the main starting doorway out of LoS, so I move up to heal him and find him fighting a Reaper and Lucio point blank, but its too late and they kill him. I Tranq'ed the Reaper, took some shots at the Lucio then withdrew. Next thing I hear is the guy on Winston saying in group chat, "God...., I'm dead... our Ana is sucking diiiick...". All in the first 60s of the match.

Yep... Winston takes on a Reaper with a pocket Lucio solo out of my LoS and he reckons I'm sucking dick? Sheesh...

Unfortunately, my net connection slowly starts dying at this point and 2 minutes later I'm disconnected and missed most of the subsequent chat between him and his group. Not before I healed the shit out of him and Nano boosted him as, once again, he takes on the Reaper solo in close quarters, though.. *sigh*

LiK

Fucking hell, almost got the Rein trophy twice and an idiot enemy teammate keeps showing up before I get my charge in to complete it by blowing me away from the spot. Bad luck.

Edit: Rein is pretty fun. Gonna play him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom