• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Sombra ARG just died when they revealed the other countdown timer? Lately, I've been bored with the game and that was keeping me interested.

R0ckman

Its interesting to see people's perception of certain characters. I was going through the laughing emotes and my wife said she can't imagine Pharah laughing and thought it was out of character. She thought she was always the super serious no games woman while I saw her as this sometimes awkward woman who is trying to fill large shoes, serious and tough when she needs to be but otherwise really desires to lighten up her enviornment.

Also I brought it up before but it seems like they don't know if they want to make Widow cold hearted and dead serious or flirty and playful, I've taken to the later but they seem to not flow together very well and I see them as contrasts when I play the character. Hell even her convos with Tracer are a bit 180ish. In one she kind of lightheartedly remarks that her amd Tracer will be working together in another she explains that Tracer is annoying, all other interactions with the cast are dead serious. But I wish those showed more of her flirty side. I really love her "It's not you.... It's me!" when you are killing people haha. Or "You must REALLY LIKE me!" When she is revived, I also immediately fell in love with her higlight intro where she actually normally smiles rather than her normally sadistic smile or serious stare.

R0ckman

Speaking of going completely bonkers on mice, how's the logitech chaos spectrum? I kinda miss the wirelessness of my Logitech MX950.

Wireless mice? Ehhh, my aiming goes wonky if its not hooked in via USB, I'm not sure if its the battery or what. I use the next up from spectrum, I felt it was too easy to press side buttons on the mouse (spectrum) when I didnt want to.

Rize_21

Speaking of Sombra's ARG, Oneamongstmany made a video that sums up everything to this day.
I remember when Blizzard released their first batch of heroes- Mei, Genji, Mc Cree- people complained that it was too much at the same time, see what we get now, not even a blurry/pixelated/chromatic aberration stick figure of the new hero.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It was overtime on PTR Eichenwalde and we completely wiped the defense and were hanging on the payload in the 2nd stage of the map. Two stragglers come out of spawn and we completely destroy them only to see "DEFEAT"...

A full 6-stack on the payload and everyone left it to go hunting. Feels bad, man.

LiK

Think I'll try for the Waste Not trophy tomorrow. Seems okay. Gonna try several methods people have posted online.

Greddleok

The team wipe that got the play of the game was the same team wipe I resurrected everyone with Mercy's alt and caused us to win the game.

Of course I don't get play of the game. The chump I countered and basically did nothing got the play of the game. Being a healer is a thankless task.

duckroll

The team wipe that got the play of the game was the same team wipe I resurrected everyone with Mercy's alt and caused us to win the game.

Of course I don't get play of the game. The chump I countered and basically did nothing got the play of the game. Being a healer is a thankless task.

That's not true at all. Play of the Game doesn't reward anyone, it's a highlight. A team wipe that actually fails and does jack shit in the long run getting Play of the Game is extremely common, and my experience is that when it comes up as PotG, everyone on the winning team is laughing and talking about what a loser the person is because either that play was wasted, or that they got that play at the expense of not helping their team with the actual objective (hello Hanzos!).

Healers are ALWAYS appreciated. Unless the team sucks shit. But that would be the team's fault, not the PotG's fault.

Tensketch

Got POTG as Symettra and it wasn't me running around while my turrets did all the work. One guy on the other team asked 'how the hell did you get POTG with HER?'

She's super underrated.

Auctopus

She's super underrated.

Sort of, people just need to figure out better places for her turrets.

She's nearly always picked for Defence on Anubis because everyone just covers the small room near the spawn area with them. Also later on you can put them in the left flank area.

I've screencapping when I get POTG with each character (aiming to get POTG with every character) and she is was actually one of my earlier ones.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find symmetra to be one of the easiest characters to get pitg with, because if you're doing it right you're disrupting a lot of team battles.

Symmetra isn't hard to get PoTG with in the least, if you're doing your job as her anyways. She's meant to come in unexpectedly during team fights on characters that are busy fighting your teammates. Her noodle of death absolutely melts opponents, especially once you have it at max strength.

I've had plenty of PoTG's with her just by hopping into sudden team fights and going straight to high-priority targets (Lucio, Genji, Reinhardt that isn't paying attention, Zenyatta and Mercy) and absolutely wasting them as her, since teams tend to seriously fall apart when their supports are gone, which leads to easily picking off the rest of the team and getting multiple kills in a row.

Greddleok

That's not true at all. Play of the Game doesn't reward anyone, it's a highlight. A team wipe that actually fails and does jack shit in the long run getting Play of the Game is extremely common, and my experience is that when it comes up as PotG, everyone on the winning team is laughing and talking about what a loser the person is because either that play was wasted, or that they got that play at the expense of not helping their team with the actual objective (hello Hanzos!).

Healers are ALWAYS appreciated. Unless the team sucks shit. But that would be the team's fault, not the PotG's fault.

The team was good, we didn't even let the payload get to the first check point. They also actually defended me, which makes healing 100% easier.

I realise PotG isn't technically a reward, but it is highlighting supposedly good play, and makes the player feel good when they get it. When you do something awesome, and aren't recognised, while someone who does something useless is...kinda feels bad.

Havent played in 2 days with PS4GAF, have a crazy itch for it. Cant remember the last time held my attention this strongly for this long.

Pretty much have my personal top 5: D. Va, Reaper, Zarya, Mei, and Zenyatta. Really want to try to improve my Reinhardt/Lucio/Mercy game. Feel bad when we need one of those, and while I could switch, Im so bad at those three that Im not sure how much itd help! :/

Especially Reinhardt!

Antiwhippy

Y'know, people might not like ana as a main healer, but is it really my fault that we lost the game when I've healed 28% of the damage done, or is it because our main attack comprised of a hanzo, mei and a soldier?

Jellie

Havent played in 2 days with PS4GAF, have a crazy itch for it. Cant remember the last time held my attention this strongly for this long.

Pretty much have my personal top 5: D. Va, Reaper, Zarya, Mei, and Zenyatta. Really want to try to improve my Reinhardt/Lucio/Mercy game. Feel bad when we need one of those, and while I could switch, Im so bad at those three that Im not sure how much itd help! :/

Especially Reinhardt!
What aspects of them do you need to improve?

Blues1990

I am seeing so much hate online for Sombra ARG. o_O

I think people are getting fed up with putting all that work to decode & solve all those puzzles, but it hasn't paid off in the slightest.

It's funny. People were upset with the one-to-many character reveals during the games promotion/data mining before it launched, but now those same loud mouths are hungry for some action. Seems you can't please everyone.

Antiwhippy

Man, I am landing so many headshots on tracers now at 800/10. Not even flash > headshot. Just see them running headshot.

Absolutely delicious.

Blues1990

My friend and I are arguing over how "canon" the sprays are to their respective character, and it's driving me nuts. Unless it's revealed through the animated shorts or the comics, most of the sprays aren't cannon to the character they're attached to.

Seriously, people are getting too worked up about what Mei looks like underneath her jacket. Neither the concept art, or her spray, confirm anything & people are just being dumb about it.

LiK

My friend and I are arguing over how "cannon" the sprays are to their respective character, and it's driving me nuts. Unless it's revealed through the animated shorts or the comics, most of the sprays aren't cannon to the character they're attached to.

Seriously, people are getting too worked up about what Mei looks like underneath her jacket. Neither the concept art, or her spray, confirm anything & people are just being dumb about it.

People need to get over that she's actually a slim girl who wears layers.

Azoor

Sometimes, I am really glad Overwatch doesn't have the domination system from TF2. It would increase the salt and toxicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom