• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, Reaper was one of my earliest Ult quad kills. There's almost no warning for it so it's easy to just jump into a chaotic battle and use it.

Funny enough, my first quad kill was with McCree even though I suck with him, but basically for the reason that it was still early in the game and I managed to catch an entire team off guard with my Deadeye.

Also I just got the Genji quad kill trophy finally, did it even without a Zarya. :D

Ramirez

I got most of the quad kills during the first couple days, lol. The people I face these days are rarely ever served up like that. :(

I have no idea how I'll ever get the discord achievement, I feel like I've done it fast enough countless times but it never pops.

I got most of the quad kills during the first couple days, lol. The people I face these days are rarely ever served up like that. :(

I have no idea how I'll ever get the discord achievement, I feel like I've done it fast enough countless times but it never pops.
I feel like the best way is to wait for a Zarya ult and start throwing discord on everyone stuck in it and hope they all die in quick succession.

Any new trains on PS4 opening up?

LiK

you playing tonight? i'll be on in the evening.

Jarate

Banned
Ive been having a lot of really good McCree games recently on Console. Ive been getting a lot of 50% and 60% aiming games which is great considering I mostly play McCree as an anti flanker who shoots long distance.

Can't wait for them too fix console auto-aim to make it so that we can finally hit things that jump around. Also, we need that Genji nerf because every game has just turned into we're going to have 1-2 Genjis because he's getting nerfed soon.

Symmetra is my most played character and I have like a 70% win rate with her. She's so good if you know how to use her. Her lmb can't be deflected, her rmb doesn't give a shit about shields, her turrets slow people or pick off weak people and she has the added bonus of giving people shields. The main thing people don't use is her rmb, it can be a monster. Obviously spamming choke points is great, but when you're lurking and you can build it up and come around the corner and shotgun soemone in the face with it, you're going to win that duel. Her range is so short on her lmb, if you make sure you're bouncing around like a madman, you can usually keep charge long enough that you'll fry them and everyone else in the room before you can be taken down,e specially if people are trying to focus on your turrets while you're building charge.

As for the portal, I think people are too concerned with trying to get it close to the point, it's helpful to put it somewhere that cuts down time to get back, sure, but if it's too obvious and too close and you're playing against a competent team, it's a waste. At least if it's further off and still gets found and taken out, you took one of the enemy people out of the match for about a minute while they're searching for it.

All in all, I think she's great and definitely under utilized and underestimated.

She's fine as a character, but she'll always be relegated to a situational role as she doesnt kill fast enough to be a good up close character. If they wanted her to be useful on offense, then they shouldn't of given her her current toolkit. You can't really flank as Symmetra, and she doesnt kill fast enough too really win 1v1 fights against the other teams attack classes. This is mixed with her becoming incredibly slow when she puts up her sentry turrets makes sure she has literally no escape options, unlike Torb who can just throw down a turret and hope the enemy gets distracted by it.

Her situational use is fine, and she can be used reliably in the situations. There's nothing wrong with having a situational character. It's the same reason comp players never used Pyros, they're usefulness relies heavily on the other team being incompetent moreso then it relies on you being competent. That is never going to be a reliable strategy in any type of high level situations. If they wanted to see her on attack more often, then they either need to give her a movement option, or make her have an easy 1 hit kill combo against 200 health classes. Either way, you'd have to change Symmetra heavily to be useful in those situations.

Jellie

Got mine in comp on anubis randomly. Was really surprised to get it.
I feel like the best way is to wait for a Zarya ult and start throwing discord on everyone stuck in it and hope they all die in quick succession.

Any new trains on PS4 opening up?

I'm on with Kashif right now. What's your psn?

antitrop

Ive been having a lot of really good McCree games recently on Console. Ive been getting a lot of 50% and 60% aiming games which is great considering I mostly play McCree as an anti flanker who shoots long distance.

Can't wait for them too fix console auto-aim to make it so that we can finally hit things that jump around. Also, we need that Genji nerf because every game has just turned into we're going to have 1-2 Genjis because he's getting nerfed soon.

I finally got the Slice and Dice trophy last night, so that's one less Genji for you. :p

LiK

i still need quad kills for Hanzo. that's the only quad kill trophy i don't have. turns out it's the hardest for me.

antitrop

i still need quad kills for Hanzo. that's the only quad kill trophy i don't have. turns out it's the hardest for me.
EDIT: Oops, read Genji.

Anyway, try to duo up with a Zarya and combo your Ults.

I was close to getting the Hanzo quad trophy the other day, I shot it from the spawn at our contested B on Anubis and got a triple kill. Sooo close.

LiK

EDIT: Oops, read Genji.

Anyway, try to duo up with a Zarya and combo your Ults.

I was close to getting the Hanzo quad trophy the other day, I shot it from the spawn at our contested B on Anubis and got a triple kill. Sooo close.

yea, might need Vault or someone else to Zarya up with me for it. Happy the buff is coming so I'm not in a huge rush for it. I will play him more because of it.

All of you playing on PS4 while I play solo comp on PC. Feels lonely man.

There are way more PC players here than PS4. Plenty of people you can add to play with.
Get it on PS4 to play with the cool crowd

Jarate

Banned
I finally got the Slice and Dice trophy last night, so that's one less Genji for you. :p

It also doesnt help that im getting MMR'd with a lot of really high ranking players when me and my friend play. We generally get put into games with a lot of top 500 players, and Genjis witth golden weapons (never a good sign to see Genji with gold weapons because that means Genji is all he plays)

Im getting better at killing Genjis with Zarya, my Zarya has basically been incredible recently. But the auto aim bug is so stupid. I should be able to melt Pharrah so easily, but I feel like im balancing an egg on a pin whenever I aim at someone up.

Jellie

In game right now so would be best if you guys added my PSN.
It's Undignify.
If you are friends with kashif or optimus already just join the group

After getting Genji, the only ones I don't have are Hanzo's and 76's. I don't know how I haven't gotten the 76 one yet - I've gotten 3 kills so many times but that quad kill is too elusive.

All of you playing on PS4 while I play solo comp on PC. Feels lonely man.

I play on PS4 and I'm still lonely. 😋😢

Jellie

When I got the wolf skin for the first time decided to try him . Was about to lose the last point so dragoned from the spawn of Volskya and got 5 kills.
They still won

LiK

It also doesnt help that im getting MMR'd with a lot of really high ranking players when me and my friend play. We generally get put into games with a lot of top 500 players, and Genjis witth golden weapons (never a good sign to see Genji with gold weapons because that means Genji is all he plays)

Im getting better at killing Genjis with Zarya, my Zarya has basically been incredible recently. But the auto aim bug is so stupid. I should be able to melt Pharrah so easily, but I feel like im balancing an egg on a pin whenever I aim at someone up.

what's your PSN again? you should put it in your GAF profile. i only see your XBL. it's hard trying to remember everyone's PSN names here and i'm pretty sure i have you in my list.

LiK

MC_Giygas

ah yes, that's it.

hmm, looks like i will focus on Naptime, Waste Not and Rein trophies tonight. So I'll be switching between them depending on maps. Maybe Hanzo if I'm feeling lucky and there's a Zarya in the group.

edit: oh yea, i don't have Bastion quad kill trophy. forgot about that. so i guess i have two of those left.

Satch

Banned
i played my boy Gengu on ptr for the first time and did work but god he feels so off, its really strange

I had like 42 elims at the end and this guy on the other team was so mad and said genji is still too strong and needs to be nerfed again

but of course nobody on their team picked winston xd

my teammates were super ownage and i feel like nobody ever considers that when talking about genjis balance. Zarya always shielded me, zen kept orb on me like come on

ah yes, that's it.

hmm, looks like i will focus on Naptime, Waste Not and Rein trophies tonight. So I'll be switching between them depending on maps. Maybe Hanzo if I'm feeling lucky and there's a Zarya in the group.

edit: oh yea, i don't have Bastion quad kill trophy. forgot about that. so i guess i have two of those left.

I'm curious how the trophies work for this game. Did the ana achievements get added after the patch? Does that mean they don't count towards the plat?

Does anyone on PC have their game randomly crash? One of the people I play with has his game crash constantly and I though it was his crappy laptop but it happened to me not that long ago too.

darklin0

Banned
You must learn to play with the controller my son. The controller is life
Nah man, auto aim is too cheese. Maybe if I get a KBM adapter and just Genji all day.
yea, might need Vault or someone else to Zarya up with me for it. Happy the buff is coming so I'm not in a huge rush for it. I will play him more because of it.

There are way more PC players here than PS4. Plenty of people you can add to play with.
Get it on PS4 to play with the cool crowd
Can't be the cool crowd if I am no in it.
After getting Genji, the only ones I don't have are Hanzo's and 76's. I don't know how I haven't gotten the 76 one yet - I've gotten 3 kills so many times but that quad kill is too elusive.

I play on PS4 and I'm still lonely. 😋😢
Lonely high fives!

LiK

I'm curious how the trophies work for this game. Did the ana achievements get added after the patch? Does that mean they don't count towards the plat?

Does anyone on PC have their game randomly crash? One of the people I play with has his game crash constantly and I though it was his crappy laptop but it happened to me not that long ago too.

yea, trophies are added but they don't contribute to the Plat for base game. Ana trophies are considered DLC trophies and have a separate progress bar.

matmanx1

From the same article talking about retiring heroes, Kaplan also talked about Symmetra a bit:

Symm useful on attack? Hmm, not sure if serious, Jeff Kaplan. On the PC it is's pretty hard to win those 1 on 1's versus other flankers because running around like a rabbit on crack doesn't work against people with good aim.

Symm is useful when melting people who are already otherwise engaged and her turret traps can be delicious indeed. Anyway, I still feel like she needs something additional, some tweak, to be more than an occasional pick.

Yeah, the ending is hysterical. Someone put some effort into it.

From the same article talking about retiring heroes, Kaplan also talked about Symmetra a bit:

As GAF's resident Symmetra Fanboy, I can say without a doubt they are correct. I've had matches with people basically saying "SYM SWITCH TO HEALER 2-2-2 THANKS" over and over on attack queue and then I end up carrying just by the virtue of having my teleporter around. It saves such a colossal amount of time for the entire team when placed right, and even if I don't have it placed directly on the point, such as near a chokepoint, it still confuses the hell out of the enemy team and helps push. She's so criminally underrated on Attack, it's upsetting. (And playing her on Eichenwalde on Attack in PTR has proven to me just how incredibly helpful she can be on that map since the map has a billion and one flank options to place a teleporter In dead areas)

Feels so good when you have an asshole cursing you out for picking her and then you end up carrying and having the highest objective time and also getting PoTG with her. She should definitely be used more, her turrets and Teleporter on Attack, let alone Defense, can be invaluable at times with ensuring your team pushes up with full safety.

Still think she deserves a movement buff, or a shield buff (remember when she used to give 75 hp in Beta?) but she's still incredibly strong, people just don't know how to play characters that are a bit out-of-the-box. Ana is the same way.

LiK

Symm useful on attack? Hmm, not sure if serious, Jeff Kaplan. On the PC it is's pretty hard to win those 1 on 1's versus other flankers because running around like a rabbit on crack doesn't work against people with good aim.

Symm is useful when melting people who are already otherwise engaged and her turret traps can be delicious indeed.

Yeah, the ending is hysterical. Someone put some effort into it.

Symm in Attack can be good. I've done it. I've seen it done. dat beam gun can be pretty deadly.

Grisby

I've started using Sym a lot. I've been getting some good results on Lijiang Tower KOTH maps.

You can melt dudes while they're focused on one of your teammates and you can also pick off some guys with your turrets.

LiK

I've started using Sym a lot. I've been getting some good results on Lijiang Tower KOTH maps.

You can melt dudes while they're focused on one of your teammates and you can also pick off some guys with your turrets.

that's my go-to map for her and her teleporter is great if you can hide it in a good spot.

darklin0

Banned
I cant believe i never got nihon genji

i keep looking at it in the hero gallery and i shed a single tear everytiem
Tpdwffa.png
I cry every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom