• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

How the hell does ana get her Potg if it goes to the one getting the powerup to begin with? Rediclious. Only seen one POTG as ana so far

Prelude.

How the hell does ana get her Potg if it goes to the one getting the powerup to begin with? Rediclious. Only seen one POTG as ana so far
The worst thing is that only kills matter for the PotG so even if you pull off some amazing shit it's not gonna show up. Like yesterday, in about 10 seconds, I boosted a Reinhardt on the last stretch of the payload and he killed 3 people, killed an enemy midair while he was jumping down, turned around because a McCree was highnooning behind our team and sleep darted him and won the match, and who got PotG? A fucking Bastion on the other team killing 3 people in turret mode.

how does Ana even get POTG?
Just kill enough people fast enough. I once got a quad kill by shooting a bit and throwing a grenade in the middle of a Zarya ult, but didn't get PotG because a Reaper pressed Q, but I probably would have got it otherwise.

I'm noticing more and more potg being one or two kills (not even killing ult using people) that are really bad, whereas triple and quads are ignored.

There was a potg where a Hanzo tried hitting one Rein peaking in and out missing over and over and not hitting anything.

Another was a Bastion in turret mode shooting a Widowmaker charging him. That's it.

It's been very weird lately. On PS4

LiK

I'm noticing more and more potg being one or two kills (not even killing ult using people) that are really bad, whereas triple and quads are ignored.

There was a potg where a Hanzo tried hitting one Rein peaking in and out missing over and over and not hitting anything.

Another was a Bastion in turret mode shooting a Widowmaker charging him. That's it.

It's been very weird lately. On PS4

i didn't get POTG when I got quad kill with Genji Ult. some shitty McCree got it from killing 2 guys with Dead Eye. i was pretty disappointed.

Satch

Banned
U know what i dont get? I dont understand why people dont switch until ten seconds before the loss

like i asked the guy four minutes ago to switch to reaper off of genji and then he doesnt do it... And then he switches at the very end when theres not even time for him to get there

why switch at all at that point tbh 🤔

Finished placements on PTR and placed at Diamond with 7/10. Not bad!

x4k35kQ.png

I'm trying to play on PC but it's not finding any games... Any suggestions? I've checked firewall settings and even reinstalled the game but still no luck. Do I just need to be more patient? I'm only letting it search for two minutes but it shouldn't take that long.

I'm trying to play on PC but it's not finding any games... Any suggestions? I've checked firewall settings and even reinstalled the game but still no luck. Do I just need to be more patient? I'm only letting it search for two minutes but it shouldn't take that long.
You would uninstall the game before waiting more than two minutes?

Man, played one team today that had this killer Zenyatta. He had 73% kill participation at once point. He was so good, the bastards kept using Ana to super-charge him. He'd just terrorize our team into retreat and then Ult to get back to his team. It was both amazing and annoying.

Ertai

Man, played one team today that had this killer Zenyatta. He had 73% kill participation at once point. He was so good, the bastards kept using Ana to super-charge him. He'd just terrorize our team into retreat and then Ult to get back to his team. It was both amazing and annoying.

That guy was insane, completely wrecked us

Beckx

my PTR placement was 300 points higher than previous PTR placement, both primarily playing Mercy and Lucio. i had 2 more wins this time though so no real way to say whether it's the fix to support or not.

What did you play?

I ended up playing tank and support a lot because no one ever wants to play them. Zarya, Rein, Zenyatta, Ana, Roadhog. Also played a bit of Mcree and Mei. I did duo queue with my wife who mained support mostly and she had slightly less rank than me but not by much (less than 100 points).

I ran into my fair share of toxicity and some trolls running attack Torbs, attack Bastions, and Widows but managed to pull through somehow.

What was your placement in season 1? Is that equivalent to 61?

I think it's equivalent to the 60s, yeah.

Without going into too much detail my placement was kind of fucked up in season 1 and I had some winning matches lost because of D/C or coin flip. I placed in the upper 40s, endured elo hell in the 30s and 40s early on, and finally stayed mostly in the 50s after clawing my way through that trash heap. A couple of people I started to play with regularly began at rank 50 and made it to the 60s but I had to solo queue a lot due to time differences. Felt like I could of climbed there eventually...

Looking back, I definitely improved my gameplay in almost every aspect from when I first did my placement matches in season 1. I think 40-50 was probably a fair assessment from where I started but feel closer to 60-65 now. I'm a significantly better player now but still lots of room for improvement. I'm looking forward to playing a lot of season 2 when it goes live.

PC BTW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't get how to counter Reaper. I think all my favourite picks are just prime targets for him.

Who do you play?
I play a lot of Winston but I know not to fuck with Reaper whatsoever but outside of that
Roadhog can beat him by getting a hook/shot/melee.
Junkrat is pretty much a coin toss but a Junk is just as likely to kill a Reaper as a Reaper is to kill him
McCree is GG stun

Winston's the only character I'll actively avoid him with.

If he wraithforms, he can't get that far so you can just chase him down and finish him off. Especially easy with McCree/76/Hanzo/Junk/etc

Skii

Man I'm broken after today's run. I put in like 5 hours and still haven't got the 4 kills with a dragon blade yet. I've got 3 kills during one at least 15 times today. I just don't know what to do lol. It's just bugging me so much. I think I got close a few times with Reinhardt living with just one bar of health :(

Just shoot him from outside of melee range. The amount of counters he has is unbelievable, even Mercy can own him.

Reaper has only one counter and that's McCree. He has enough mobility to always be within his range against an opponent. Mercy is arguably Reaper's most favourable opponent lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The only thing that counters reaper is range honestly.

Which is why he's kinda one of the most balanced heroes in a weird way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also Reaper is extremely slow, has a big hitbox and has no movement buffs/abilities to throw you off. Ez kill for anyone that can headshot if he doesn't catch you by surprise.

And his teleport is loud as fuck.

Prelude.

Reaper has only one counter and that's McCree. He has enough mobility to always be within his range against an opponent. Mercy is arguably Reaper's most favourable opponent lol.
Just keep an eye on him and look towards the direction of his dumb loud footsteps, anyone that can shoot him from mid range can shut him down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've found much higher success on KOTH than Payload or 2 CP as Reaper.

KOTH just leads to situations where you can go through a leap of kill, wraithform, heal, kill, wriathform heal, in a never ending circle around the point.

I love baiting Reapers with Genji. So many of them fall for it every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom