• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've experienced it myself. Heal grenade's anti-heal status is not erased by ice-block.

It just forces me to deal with it like I do with every other character that isn't tracer, reaper or zarya.

Antiwhippy

It's kinda significant. Makes me not want to deal with a group situation that involves ana. Makes the matchup unfavourable.

Jellie

It didn't make sense that she could still heal so it should stick.
Does the grenade only prevent HP healing or do shields still regenerate.

What would you change about Zarya? Any change would ruin the character.
People are always sniping behind me and it effectively halves my ability to soak up damage. My proposed fix is to mount a rear-view mirror to her. To compensate for this buff, I'd make a the next logical concession and add a beeping sound whenever she walks backwards. It would fit perfectly with the game's sound design philosophy.

I also second the earlier proposal to make a Tank and Healer Shimada clan member, and to unveil Roadhog to actually be a female character all this time.

zoukka

It's meant to be a sort of "shield" you can use to protect allies. If it only covered Genji's model, it wouldn't protect anyone but Genji himself.

Greddleok

Zarya is an interesting case in that I recognise her to be incredibly strong, but really want nothing changed about how strong she is. Her being strong is a great benefit to the game.

Maybe make it so her beam can be defense matrixed but that's just me. >_> <_<

I had my first game against a good Zarya and holy shit the other team dominated. Just felt like there was nothing I could do to stop them.

So I tried to use her and just felt like a damp fish when it came to damage. The shields have short durations and long cool downs, meaning you really have to know exactly when you use them, or it's just a waste.

I dislike the particle beam, there's not enough feedback on when it is hitting.

Ramirez

It's meant to be a sort of "shield" you can use to protect allies. If it only covered Genji's model, it wouldn't protect anyone but Genji himself.

He's a DPS character, not a tank or support, that reasoning makes no sense.

I'm also the worst Genji worldwide as I found out in that last PS4 game last night. >.>

Jellie

I had my first game against a good Zarya and holy shit the other team dominated. Just felt like there was nothing I could do to stop them.

So I tried to use her and just felt like a damp fish when it came to damage. The shields have short durations and long cool downs, meaning you really have to know exactly when you use them, or it's just a waste.

Don't use it before engaging. Engage, use it, disengage so you don't die.
What I usually do is bubble a team mate it who about to die or taking fire, move up to support so they can retreat, then pop my bubble and retreat. Wait for CD to come down and you'll be around 80 charge with bubble available.
Also Zarya is best played alongside another tank such as winston or roadhog who can be the focus of attention of the other team relatively easy.
Also use it with other teammates abilities. Shield your roadhog as he hooks for example.
Recognise which enemies tend to charge you easiest such as a winston.

Skii

I really don't feel like Lucio needed a nerf other than because of how he's used at professional level. It's not fair that the absolute highest level is dictating what heros are getting nerfed imo. Genji's dragon blade nerf makes sense because it's an absolute nuisance even at normal competitive level but I've never felt Lucio's speed boost was ever a problem.

Dr. Buni

You need to bait the opponent team to increase your damage. If you pop the shield before engaging they will likely not shoot (unless they are new to the game or dumb), but if you take some damage first and then pop the shield, they will not react quickly enough to not charge your weapon. As for shielding teammates, I tend to shield those that dive into the middle of opponent fire, I might not save them but at least my weapon gets charged!

Jellie

I really don't feel like Lucio needed a nerf other than because of how he's used at professional level. It's not fair that the absolute highest level is dictating what heros are getting nerfed imo. Genji's dragon blade nerf makes sense because it's an absolute nuisance even at normal competitive level but I've never felt Lucio's speed boost was ever a problem.

At low levels of play Lucios speed boost is rarely used. Pretty much only at the start, respawns and for Lucio to escape.

Antiwhippy

That's pretty much how he's been nerfed. I don't think much will change with how he's played at the lower levels.

zoukka

But e-sports level of play won't exist for long if the game isn't balanced.

plebs will adapt to the buffs/nerfs pretty quickly.

I-hate-u

I think the normal competitive scene will eventually latch on to his barrier + amped speed rush in with ultimates strats. I already see it even on PS4.

It's scary tbh. Unless your team has Zen+Lucio ultimates ready you're getting steam rolled.

Azoor

The thing is, even if the healing was taken away from Lucio, people would still pick him for the speed boost and ultimate.

Yeah, I think the size of the hitbox is fine. The problem is that you don't get any visual feedback as to how big it is. I've completely given up on trying to splash damage Genji as Pharah because inevitably I'll clip the reflect hitbox and get the rocket back in my face, for example.

Are we all sharing the same servers on PS4? I have people from Saudi Arabia in pretty much every single game I play and it's not great considering I play from the UK.

Blues1990

This is why I don't tend to play support in quick match. Healing idiots gains you little, when you could be killing fools instead.
It's the reason why I should consider playing Soldier 76 as an alternative to Lucio/Zenyatta, as I can feel accomplished doing a bit of everything without worrying about babysitting the dumb-dumb's.

Weren't they working on a "Group up here for healing" mechanic for when people need it or spam the emote?

Is that in PTR?

It happens every time you get flanked and weren't protected. "I need healing!" Well, I'm walking back from spawn because you can only look in a 120 degree radius in front of you. Right now, I just spam back "Group up here!"

As for healers, lets rank you : them. Here goes. I suck with Mercy, good with Zenyatta, pretty good with Ana if I'm on Attack for payload or assault, alright with Lucio because I thought I was good and then saw people who are actually good with him.

AngryMoth

What sensitivity do you guys on PS4 use? I feel like it's a tradeoff with lower sensitivity being better for precision aiming but high lets you do quick 180's which can be vital

What sensitivity do you guys on PS4 use? I feel like it's a tradeoff with lower sensitivity being better for precision aiming but high lets you do quick 180's which can be vital

Im nearing 90 i think im on 88. I tend to slowly increase sens cause its starts feeling slow after a while.

As for healers, lets rank you : them. Here goes. I suck with Mercy, good with Zenyatta, pretty good with Ana if I'm on Attack for payload or assault, alright with Lucio because I thought I was good and then saw people who are actually good with him.

My ability to be a support is directly related to how good my team is. I'm definitely the worst with Mercy. I'm okay with Zenyatta but I tend to focus more on discord than healing, I'm best with him if it's a capture point map because it's easier to keep track of where my team is for healing. Ana I'm either awesome or terrible with, no inbetween. And I've had some clutch matches as Lucio, I can payload dance pretty well.

But none of this matters if my team has no interest in protecting me.

LiK

currently 45/45. i'm just going up in increments cuz if i go too quickly, it ruins my aim.

The day I see a Genji heroically throw themselves intentionally in front of his team for a mighty life saving reflect would be a cold day in hell.

Anne

At this point in time, I'd wager every 65+ game on PC in competitive has a Lucio using speedboost. That shit trickles down pretty far. The only reason it stopped around there is that Overwatch is still very, very new, and the majority of the player base still hasn't figured out the "real" way to play it. Once that happens, you're gonna see it creep even further down faster.

Also I think Zarya isn't OP and a lot o fhigh level players are pushing her to the limit. She's kind of this necessary hero to exist to keep a lot of bullshit in check, and she's really strong as a result. A lot of the high level peeps think she's perfectly balanced too. She's a good example of a very strong character that isn't breaking anything and is actually pretty healthy for the game right now. If she has a high pickrate it's really not cause she's OP; it's because there isn't a viable alternative for her in the game/meta yet.

LiK

What? How can you even aim?

Even with a thumbstick extender that seems way too much.

there's a guy who told me he uses 100/85 for Genji and 80/80 for all other heroes on consoles. basically, once you're used to the speed, it's not that hard to aim that way. people who play on both PC and console tell me they me they tend to up their sensitivity to ridiculous levels right away to match the PC aiming speed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
When you sleep an ulting enemy and your team immediately wakes them back up. -_-

When you don't use voice chat, to warn your team that you will sleep dart this guy and then complain why they shot at him. -_-

:p

there's a guy who told me he uses 100/85 for Genji and 80/80 for all other heroes on consoles. basically, once you're used to the speed, it's not that hard to aim that way. people who play on both PC and console tell me they me they tend to up their sensitivity to ridiculous levels right away to match the PC aiming speed.

That's very surprising. It seems like an overkill to me, but if they can aim well, then that's a huge advantage at close range.

LiK

That's very surprising. It seems like an overkill to me, but if they can aim well, then that's a huge advantage at close range.

totally, i thought they were crazy but as i slowly up my sensitivity, i'm doing much better especially in 1v1 fights. it def gives people an advantage and i'm gonna keep upping it until i can't handle it anymore, lol. so far so good.

It's still so sad that Hanzo does literally everything better than widow, he's just not hitscan.

He has better mobility, better escape options and close range damage (scattershot at feet and then run), he has an ability which is basically her ult, and then he has a good "clear the point" ult of his own.

Poor Widow :/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's still so sad that Hanzo does literally everything better than widow, he's just not hitscan.

He has better mobility, better escape options and close range damage (scattershot at feet and then run), he has an ability which is basically her ult, and then he has a good "clear the point" ult of his own.

Poor Widow :/

They will get her back on her feet.

That nerf was ridiculous.

When Blizzard nerfs shit, they nerf it hard. Now they have to buff her again... *facepalm*

Im used to high sens on pretty much all fps games. I started overwatch at 60 or 70. Jumped it to 80 and worked it up over a time. It starts feeling more natural and you cant go back :x

If you play Genji most the time ok, but you can't tell me that you can hit precise shots with McCree with that sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom