• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

I just remember that time when i was chasing a pharah near the top of the skybox , and while I was dashing I got killed by a junkrat spamming nades randomly in the air trying to get them to land on the point :(

I've seen the deflect box but I've also been killed by rockets while deflecting them so it can be done.

Maybe you got killed through your delfect because of netcode reasons, I don't see a way that pharah managed to maintain a full barage on you, with you dying first and her living.

Even so, that is severly negated by double jumping away from obstacles behind you.

LiK

The thing with the Genji nerf is that it isn't going to change anything. The good Genjis are still going to a pain in the ass, just now the bad Genjis are going to be even worse.

I agree that Winston is still a top pick, it's just that he doesn't get picked often in pubs. He has the lowest pick rate in pubs out of all tanks.

As long as the nerf hurts their mobility or prevents their Ult from lasting as long as it does, it's much better for the rest of us. I don't mind the nerf since I don't take advantage of any of those advanced mobility skills.

As long as the nerf hurts their mobility or prevents their Ult from lasting as long as it does, it's much better for the rest of us. I don't mind the nerf since I don't take advantage of any of those advanced mobility skills.
The jump reset isn't that advanced, though. It's kind of fundamental to the way you move around the map. You probably use it without thinking of it as a "triple jump" or whatever.

The jump reset isn't that advanced, though. It's kind of fundamental to the way you move around the map. You probably use it without thinking of it as a "triple jump" or whatever.
Yeah I never realized I was doing it until I saw the nerf for it. It was just first instinct to triple jump. I still don't understand that nerf.

Anne

Thing about Genji nerf is that he can't survive as long or deal as much damage in a fight by a significant margin. Genji was already barely hanging on in some fights as is, so now with his fighting power noticeably lower it probably isn't worth it at all outside of sword. Outside of high level he'll be good enough probably, but when it's time to optimize I doubt it.

Oh well, my Tracer is better than my Genji anyways I guess.

LiK

I don't think I played him enough to really take advantage of it or use it. Guess we'll see if it actually affects my playstyle with him if it goes live.

Man, where the fuck is that patch. I have a feeling Comp will be delayed to let the patch come out first so people can settle in with the changes first.

Thing about Genji nerf is that he can't survive as long or deal as much damage in a fight by a significant margin. Genji was already barely hanging on in some fights as is, so now with his fighting power noticeably lower it probably isn't worth it at all outside of sword. Outside of high he'll be good enough probably, but when it's time to optimize I doubt it.

Oh well, my Tracer is better than my Genji anyways I guess.

Thing about Genji (on Consoles) is that he only has 1 reliable counter, and that's Winston.

Everyone else has to regularly rely on focus fire to take him down. Some characters have abilities that can take out a Genji, but Genji's kit has a natural counter to all these counters. So even abilities such as flashbang or hook have to be used very carefully to be effective.

Jellie

Found a website that shows you some career stats.
Apparently I've met 16,175 different players in overwatch.
J4vjhwU.png
It's http://owranklist.modchatapp.com/search.html if anyone else wants to see theirs.

Thing about Genji (on Consoles) is that he only has 1 reliable counter, and that's Winston.

Everyone else has to regularly rely on focus fire to take him down. Some characters have abilities that can take out a Genji, but Genji's kit has a natural counter to all these counters. So even abilities such as flashbang or hook have to be used very carefully to be effective.
Thing is, Tracer is literally the exact same. Hook and FB counter her, but she can easily dodge them with blink, and at is available more than deflect. And you sort of need to focus fire her just as much.

LiK

I fear good Tracer players more than Genji. The 2 or 3 times where our groups were decimated by one player and it was a Tracer. Never had a Genji completely destroy us. They're troublesome but never dominated us to the point where we can't do anything.

Thing is, Tracer is literally the exact same. Hook and FB counter her, but she can easily dodge them with blink, and at is available more than deflect. And you sort of need to focus fire her just as much.

Not really because tracer stays on the same plane for targeting for the most part.

Genji had a vertice element to him that makes him harder to kill. Also tracer can't they a flash and back in your own face. Tracer can't tackle several heroes the way genji can. Bastion and Roadhog to name a couple.

Jeez. Can you tell I'm on mobile now.

Anne

That's on console. I regularly murder Genji out of his sword on PC with McCree and stuff. The only thing I'm salty about is when I kill him during the draw animation and he just keeps the charge :T

That's getting changed too, thank god.

That's on console. I regularly murder Genji out of his sword on PC with McCree and stuff. The only thing I'm salty about is when I murder him during the draw animation and he just keeps the charge :T

That's getting changed too, thank god.
Oh yeah, glad that's getting changed.

Gets kind of annoying hooking him right as he pulls it out, then 20 seconds later he pulls out another one.

Although this has saved a few of my swords as Genji, so maybe I'm ok with it 🤔

R0ckman

With the new update, how does it affect above average players who are in garbage teirs? After the update, I'm still gaining like 50-60 for wins but in losses I'm losing like 15-20 points?

Mostly I'm hearing about people in higher ranks losing 100 or more points for losses. Granted I would think something is off if I've won like 8 matches and gained almost nothing while I lose one and start dropping fast. "Putting you at your real skill level" doesn't sound like a logical excuse if you are winning most of your games.

duckroll

Had a garbage day today after a strong win streak yesterday. Today was 4 straight losses before we got 1 win, and then another loss. Called it a day after that. Fuck.

Azoor

The result reminds me of the good old days when I almost always played Mercy until she got out of the meta.

Poor poor mercy ;-;

Raxanas

Neo Member
Had a garbage day today after a strong win streak yesterday. Today was 4 straight losses before we got 1 win, and then another loss. Called it a day after that. Fuck.

Definately what is happening mostly at QP.1 day of amazing games and 0-1 losses.3 days of leavers,trolls and weird stuff that makes you quit early.And the cycle goes on!
I expirienced that on league too but not so obvious as on OW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom