• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
My teammates tonight decided to call the move when your near the end point of a map and need a stop. Someone switching to a bastion, so we called that a panic bastion.
It works every time too.

That is literally the only time I will use a Bastion. Have over 2 hours played with him. That says things about me and the quality of teammate I play with, I'm sure.

LiK

i had to choose some alts in some matches today. one guy took my Junkrat right away so i picked D.VA on Defense in Hollywood. Got 30 elims and didn't even die. lol

Had to pick Genji to rush Volskya after we tied for both rounds. Managed to help capture the final point by killing off Zen and Mercy with my Ult. Genji is still fun.

My teammates tonight decided to call the move when your near the end point of a map and need a stop. Someone switching to a bastion, so we called that a panic bastion.
It works every time too.

Can't hate on the panic bastion, it saved me from going 5-5 in placements. Had to hold the other team for like 2 minutes on the first point in Anubis (We folded like tissue on the first try).

Hid in the corner by the goal and we cut through them like butter. Just gotta know when to use him and when to swap out. (Hell, I'v seen Offense Bastion's working on a couple maps too, people get caught off guard)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You are either going to steamroll, or regret this. There is never an inbetween.

Should have won both my games. Won the first in a steamroll, the second we were about to win in round 4 and my fucking client crashes in the last minute and gives me a loss.

Fucking Blizzard, this client is a complete piece of shit. It has been crashing on me CONSTANTLY for the past few weeks, giving me loss after loss after loss. Blizzard is fucking incompetent sometimes.

Our entire team was Plat, but our team average was Gold.

Me! and NDFP who i think is NDFP. 4-0 is a good start for season two placement matches, it's a nice break from doing awful in the Brawl as Mccree, i'm not meant for shoot-outs.

oh, you're a good Rein. GG

He really is, it makes a lot of difference having a good Reinhardt. Thank you both.

About the McCree talk, today I died much more than normal with Pharah because of him.

I also noticed a difference with Zenyatta (my accuracy was significantly better), probably because of the projectiles "buff".

LiK

He really is, it makes a lot of difference having a good Reinhardt. Thank you both.

About the McCree talk, today I died much more than normal with Pharah because of him.

I also noticed a difference with Zenyatta (my accuracy was significantly better), probably because of the projectiles "buff".

yea, died quite a bit to some Zens. altho the Discord nerf def made surviving better.

LiK

7 win - 1 loss so far on placements with just two more to go. All solo queue. Feeling so much better than my S1 placements.

update us. seems like everyone is playing way better and harder so i might try out solo just to see how it goes. but i might wait until i reach Diamond first.

finalflame

update us. seems like everyone is playing way better and harder so i might try out solo just to see how it goes. but i might wait until i reach Diamond first.

Overall it does seem people are trying more. Last game just got stuck in Eichenwalde with a bunch of people who never played the map, so, we held them from capping on defense but then couldn't even take the first point on attack.

Ugh, had a good run going, but my last two matches were losses for qualifying. Final record was 5-4-1, which left me at around 2300, just on the upper edge of Gold. At least I can try to shoot for Platinum.

Ramirez

Feel like Roadhog got boned hard by these aim assist buffs, feels like everyone is just lighting you up at all times now. :/

finalflame

And my final match was a fucking leaver. Went 7-3. Final rank 2753.

I don't know what fucking bullshit baseline the game uses. I honestly don't want to play competitive anymore. I'm fucking done.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
And my final match was a fucking leaver. Went 7-3. Final rank 2753.

I don't know what fucking bullshit baseline the game uses. I honestly don't want to play competitive anymore. I'm fucking done.

Uh, that's a pretty airtight rank? What are you mad about?

finalflame

It's equivalent to last season 55 and I played my ass off and ended last season at 60. Why would I go down 5 ranks for season 2 after going 7-3 with one match being a leaver? What fucking scale are they using for this shit?

KarmaCow

I was kinda surprised when I ended at that tier after all my placements too. I had a pretty bad set of placement rankings, was 6-4 and generally felt like I was playing poorly with lots of blow outs in those losses. The emblem looked like silver to me.

I felt much better after realising it was platinum and I wasn't doing significantly worse compared to last season.

Already had one person start pouting like a baby after trying to callout the Mei player on Attack despite that Mei player doing great. The baby decided to play attack torb but we still ended up capping the point. It ended in a tie unfortunately but at least it wasn't a loss dragged down by the person who couldn't handle being wrong. I hope that's just the shitty player quota getting filled early rather than it being the frequency for this season.

Danj

Yep, just went below 2000 but I still have the gold tier icon. I notice that although you see the average rank you don't see players' individual ranks any more in the match intro screen.

EDIT: I also notice they took away the ability to rate matches +/-.

Antiwhippy

It's equivalent to last season 55 and I played my ass off and ended last season at 60. Why would I go down 5 ranks for season 2 after going 7-3 with one match being a leaver? What fucking scale are they using for this shit?

That's not how any of this works.

It's a soft reset for a reason. They take your previous season's rank as a way to see how you match up this season's placement but they've been doing some tinkering at the backend on how to calculate rank (which people were crying about on ptr because it does some pretty drastic changes mid ptr even though it's fucking ptr).

Also you know that 5 isn't that big of a difference, and that having leavers is unfortunate but they can't soften too much because then it'll be easily abused. If you truly are 5 levels above where you are you will rise, no need to be so dramatic about it.

LiK

Well then what do you have to do to get placed 3000+? What's the metric? The lack of insight into what placed you were it did is infuriating.

It's alright. I had a leaver as well. But getting to Diamond doesn't seem so hard. Had 4 straight wins tonight and already accumulated a lot of SR. I might reach Diamond really soon if I can keep playing with a few Gaffers and win without randoms fucking it up.

Moonkid

Playing Symmetra on defense Hanamura, enemy Reaper uses his ult to take out two sentry turrets xD. Could have changed to Winston once lmao

Also, what time are folks doing their placements on PS4 tomorrow? I'm in GMT+12 so I'd like to know in advance how early I'm gonna be waking up haha.

Well then what do you have to do to get placed 3000+? What's the metric? The lack of insight into what placed you were it did is infuriating.

Maybe some of the matches you lost were to people with much lower skill rating?

I mean, its only 5 levels. If you were good enough to climb before you'll be able to do it again. I'd rather get placed a bit below my average than way above it (Making it much harder to gain as opposed to lose).

I placed a bit below my previous placement as well, but I know I'll easily end up at that rank again

Jellie

Looks like majority of people did their placements on ps4 already. Guess I'll be solo queuing it when I get round to it

Maybe some of the matches you lost were to people with much lower skill rating?

I mean, its only 5 levels. If you were good enough to climb before you'll be able to do it again. I'd rather get placed a bit below my average than way above it (Making it much harder to gain as opposed to lose).

I placed a bit below my previous placement as well, but I know I'll easily end up at that rank again

I agree, I mean this season is expected to be ~three months, so it's not a race. If you truly deserve to be in a certain tier you'll get there. The season just started guys.

You realize 2700 is probably like top 5,000?

Was just about to send you a message lol, up for a couple ranked?

Also agreed. Compared to a lot of the other ranks I'm seeing people placing as (Some of whom had more wins than me), 2700 is a damn good placement.

Antiwhippy

Also i think they have talked about changing rank calculation because last season's rankings were too compressed? I could be thinking about something else though.

KarmaCow

Also has anyone seen the new map in quickplay or comp? I played a ton on Thursday and went through my placements + some comp games tonight and never saw it once.

Also has anyone seen the new map in quickplay or comp? I played a ton on Thursday and went through my placements + some comp games tonight and never saw it once.

Yeah we got it once in Comp. It was terrible, people just aren't used to all the flanking and such yet.

Feels weird having a map like that after being totally used to every other map in game for months.

Yeah, I played it quite a few times in comp. So far I only seen the attackers make it all the way once.

LiK

thankfully not for me. can't imagine playing that in Comp right now since people are unfamiliar with it.

they should do a competitive mode for hanzo mains with only hanzo as a playable character

Hanzo is much better after buff. Had Hanzo randoms tonight actually do some work and get kills. You should be afraid of people choosing Widow instead.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
God this game is a piece of shit. Constant crashes when I'm winning and shitty leaving teammates when I'm losing. Blizzard needs to get its shit together.

I'd rather have a cruddy Widow or Hanzo than a Torbjorn. I have lost rank one too many times because of fail Torbjorns (On both Offense and Defense).

Seen some who don't even shoot (Even with Molten Core up), they just run around setting up turrets that die asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom