• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got it playing qp.

I play mei and the red team never made it past the first point.

Yeah, the first point is a bitch. If the defenders can just hold that archway, it's almost impossible to break. After that it's a little better until you get to the bridge. That's another hard area, it gets really bogged down. If you make it pass all of that. The final area (it's like the inside of a church of something, actually I think it's the throne room whatever doesn't matter), is also hard to take. It just seems like a difficult map for attackers. There's a lot of verticality and flanking so it's a very interesting map. I see Bastion being used a lot on it and he works well there.

KarmaCow

Yeah, I played it quite a few times in comp. So far I only seen the attackers make it all the way once.

Yeah we got it once in Comp. It was terrible, people just aren't used to all the flanking and such yet.

Feels weird having a map like that after being totally used to every other map in game for months.

I dunno, I played it on the PTR and didn't seem like it required a huge paradigm shift. The middle section offers more reasons to not go directly to the cart to push along side it but even then it's still pretty simple. The PTR is a different beast but I'm remember it being pretty even in terms of which side won.

Has the POTGs been altered? I just got one with Lucio for pushing Zenyatta off a side to his death and then "pump up the volume" to heal a couple of team mates. But during that game their Reaper took out 4 of our team with a Death Blossom. What gives?

Played 5 Placement Matches. Won 4 and lost 1. So far so good. One of those wins cam because EVERY single person on the opposite side quit. Another win came because all but 1 quit.

Jellie

Has the POTGs been altered? I just got one with Lucio for pushing Zenyatta off a side to his death and then "pump up the volume" to heal a couple of team mates. But during that game their Reaper took out 4 of our team with a Death Blossom. What gives?

Played 5 Placement Matches. Won 4 and lost 1. So far so good. One of those wins cam because EVERY single person on the opposite side quit. Another win came because all but 1 quit.
Environmental kills are worth more. Did you get assists when you amped up?

The way Genjis dragon blade sheathes in mid swing if the timer reaches 0 is such

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Really? But a win is a win is a win?

Sucks but the game still screws you. Had some nailbiter matches where people quit in the last moments, and it resulted in barely gaining a sliver of EXP.

Kind of wish the game adjusted for the opposite and didn't shit on you so hard if your teammates leave.

exYle

2583, platinum baby woo

Still can't see my stats on Overbuff or even the Overwatch official website, the fuck is this shit

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Solo Queued all my 10 placement matches

Lost 1st, Won the next 5, then lost, won, lost, won

Went 7-3 as Solo, no leavers in any matches... Amazing!

Got 2706, is that any good?
Also Thank Fuck no bullshit Sudden Death to deal with

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh c'mon, that's 2 placement matches in a row that someone leaves during character select.

I mean that's far prefered than leaving mid match, but really?

Oh c'mon, that's 2 placement matches in a row that someone leaves during character select.

I mean that's far prefered than leaving mid match, but really?
I've had 4 consecutive placement matches that someone left at start, and another 1 match someone left during. It's like people don't care about penalty.

GraveRobberX

So I'm Platinum tier it looks like

Anyone Master/Grandmaster here lol?

Guessing Diamond is a good tier to chase
Master looks way off, forget about GM lol as a Solo

Gonna put in 10-15 Ranked games a day, try to get to Diamond and stay there

Jellie

So I'm Platinum tier it looks like

Anyone Master/Grandmaster here lol?

Guessing Diamond is a good tier to chase
Master looks way off, forget about GM lol as a Solo

Gonna put in 10-15 Ranked games a day, try to get to Diamond and stay there
I'm wondering if GM is equivalent to 80 or 65 since 80x50 is 4000 but GM rewards are the same as 65+.

Blu(e)

I feel really weird.

Joined a game and both sides apparently knew me and kept talking to me. My team also kept talking about me on mic. They all said good things but it was really weird being in the spotlight.

Felt like I was Seagull or something.
Just not as good :/

Rocketz

Went 4-6 and place Gold 2301. Probably right where I placed last time when I was 49.

Finished the season with a high of 57 so I'm expecting to get platinum.

Azoor

I feel like I'm having fun even when I lose, especially when you have a competent team.

Feels good to have competitive again :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I swear Widow players have to be the most stubborn people in this game. Can't kill shit but refuse to change the fucking hero.

NimbusD

Found a great group in solo queue to group up w just now, Placed mid-gold, and almost plat now.

This game does NOT want me to be plat, the closer I get the less points it give me. Which I think is a result of me being like bottom of the barrel last season, it doesn't think I should be this high. But fucking Christ I just went on a 6-2 run, mostly demolishing teams, only losses were from games where we had people on our team who'd like... everyone would be flanking right and there'd be that random Winston who thinks, nah, it's a good idea to jump right into the entire enemy team and get like 100 damage total before dying. And a phara who would just bust her ult the second she got it whether or not anyone was there to clean up the people still alive but damaged. Or you know, be there to keep her alive through her ult.

Seriously once I joined up w a competent team, it's like a whole different game. Overwatch, whether you like it or not, I'm gonna be plat baby.

GraveRobberX

I swear Widow players have to be the most stubborn people in this game. Can't kill shit but refuse to change the fucking hero.

Best is they go to the same spot over and over
Thanks for the free kills and Ultimate meter build up

I made a Widow and Zenyatta fall to their in death in tandem, by falling down the out of boundary area of Ilios (Well) mallade it look like it was a sneaky hiding spot, they followed, both fell, I flew up lol

She could've used her Hook, nope, dead Widow

Rad-

4 gold medals with ma boy McCree

LETS GO BOOOOOYZZZ

They definitely did something else with the auto aim and not just vertical movement fix. It feels like the auto aim sticks to targets way harder now in general and McCree really benefits from it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They definitely did something else with the auto aim and not just vertical movement fix. It feels like the auto aim sticks to targets way harder now in general and McCree really benefits from it.

Well i'm on PC, so no auto aim, amigo.

Ferga

6 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses got me into platinum ranking.

That last draw was insane. We held Anubis point B for 3 straight minutes while it was being contested by 3+ opponents the entire time.

I brought out the Mei and kept walling myself in the corner to single handedly stall 6 people. Not once but 5 respawns in a row while chucking ults off cooldown. Absolute cancer.

The whole team screamed simultaneously when our Reinhardt somehow ulted and swung his hammer to knock 3 people off the point to instantly end overtime.

I got a lot of flak from the enemies for the Mei plays though.

I love this game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, the OCD in me is kinda annoyed that a draw nets you 3 points.

It takes 10 goddamn draws to bring it to a multiple of 10.

Are you kidding me blizzard.

Greddleok

I tried one placement match, and it was a lot of fun. We won the first round, then a player just left leaving it 5v6 for the last two rounds.

Is this just what I have to accept if I'm solo queuing?

Tovarisc

If you argue that McCree ult is trash tier now post-patch I think you never were that good McCree to begin to with. That ult still can devastate opposing team when used in good place at good time.

GeeTeeCee

I didn't bother with competitive season 1, partly because I wasn't at the entry level for some of it, but mostly because once I was high level enough I was kind of turned away by all the horror stories online.

Should I actually try season 2 as a solo player? Is it worth the hassle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom