• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

LMAO at POTG change! XD
Like i said yesterday only POTGs i am seeing after the patch are Mercy reviving. I mean it's ok, really deserved but kinda boring to watch every time.

I am 100% sure they did something.

Jellie

I didn't bother with competitive season 1, partly because I wasn't at the entry level for some of it, but mostly because once I was high level enough I was kind of turned away by all the horror stories online.

Should I actually try season 2 as a solo player? Is it worth the hassle?
I solo'd about 80-90% of my games and got to SR70 so it's doable but I never ran into any of the horror stories so I might be lucky. All I had was a leaver in one placement match in sudden death.

DevilDog

Genji Sword is so broken, typically 1 out of 3 hits doesn't register, or worse. Once I've had 3 hits in a row not register. What gives?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you argue that McCree ult is trash tier now post-patch I think you never were that good McCree to begin to with. That ult still can devastate opposing team when used in good place at good time.

I mean, once in awhile sure, but I really don't think it's a common occurrence. Even pros rarely get more than 2 picks, but I'm happy enough with 2 picks because that's usually enough to turn the tide. It was great as a zoning tool though but not anymore.

duckroll

Won my first placement match with Defuser and a random team of 4. Won my second placement match with Defuser, Danj, and 3 solo queuers. Feels like a good start, but goddamn it's so stressful playing with unknown factors. There are times where it really looked like we were going to be steamrolled, but somehow things would turn around. Whew.

Tovarisc

Yep, Mercy's ult (resurrection) is fucked in this patch.

I saw two dead. I saw their timers, plenty in both. Both were in my range, UI said 2x. I ulted. Only one was revived and another was left dead. I still saw that skull and timer with plenty time left for revive.

Annoying. Second time this has happened since patch, yesterday it cost me placement game. Got useless tracer up, but tank that I was standing next to remained dead.

I mean, once in awhile sure, but I really don't think it's a common occurrence. Even pros rarely get more than 2 picks, but I'm happy enough with 2 picks because that's usually enough to turn the tide. It was great as a zoning tool though but not anymore.

It's still great for zoning. Now you just don't get to keep 50% for ultra fast next ult.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If you argue that McCree ult is trash tier now post-patch I think you never were that good McCree to begin to with. That ult still can devastate opposing team when used in good place at good time.

McCree's ult is one of the hardest to pull off now for those reasons:

Quoting myself from a few pages ago:

He lights up like a christmas tree, is loud as hell so even the neighbours would hear his "ITS HIGH NOON", his skull lock is way too slow because as soon as people hear his high noon they immediately trigger their ult or hide behind a wall. With the new patch they made it even worse, previously if you trigger his ult and don't shoot and let the timer run out the ult stays at 50% but now it starts from 0%... this + the points i said makes it one of the worst ults in the game right now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think it's fine that he doesn't have an amazing ult. He's the premier hitscan DPS so you don't really need to give him more tools.

LordAmused

I think Overbuff is bugged. It says I haven't played since Aug. 27th but I played all my placement matches yesterday plus some Quick Play.

Seagull has been complaining about sword swings not registering for a long time.

Is it while the ult is ending?

I remember seeing a few games from Poke where he would be swinging during the last second, and the animation comes out but he doesn't hit anything and then the ult ends.

X-Frame

I can't believe how badly my placement matches have gone so far. 1 Win, 5 Losses.

I ended last season at SR 65 and these games were absolutely nothing like it. Only 1 person talking in all 6 games with no more than 2 people on Team Chat anyway. Brutal.

Auctopus

I feel like we need a dedicated salt thread. If you're playing as Soldier and the Zenyatta on your team gets more direct kills, you should probably look at yourself.

duckroll

Won my 3rd Placement with Defuser, Dropoppi, and Danj. The first round on Nepal was pretty close, but they had a leaver and we still lost the round. Then we won 2 rounds and half the team quit. During the next round everyone else quit giving us the win. Felt so hollow... but I'll take it! :p

patchday

LMAO at POTG change! XD
Like i said yesterday only POTGs i am seeing after the patch are Mercy reviving. I mean it's ok, really deserved but kinda boring to watch every time.

I am 100% sure they did something.

interesting. Havent played since new season start will have to check it out. Only got the potg as Mercy once. I let all my friends die and rezzed them. We all laughed as we watched the potg

Is it while the ult is ending?

I remember seeing a few games from Poke where he would be swinging during the last second, and the animation comes out but he doesn't hit anything and then the ult ends.
No, it just happens at random times, insanely frustrating.

It's insanely hard getting used to these new Genji changes. I always used triple jump, so that hurts, I keep trying to do the old combo and I just get stuck at melee, but the dragon blade nerf isn't really going to affect how I do with it. Although it is going to be really fucking hard to get the quad kill trophy now unless I get a Zarya ult to combo with. Oh well. I wasn't gonna get the Zen discord trophy anyways, so I'm not worried about platinum real much lol.

Tovarisc

McCree's ult is one of the hardest to pull off now for those reasons:

Quoting myself from a few pages ago:

Same could be argued about e.g. S76 ult. You can hear it from far away [VO + visor sound] so you know it's coming and you can even see it before taking any serious damage most of the time. Yes it's easier ult to chase with, but you can easily end up with situation where you just zone enemy team which results in "wasted ult". Somehow that never really caused any discussion, but same more or less happening now to Cree is causing a lots butthurt.

Edit: POTG has changed for sure. I main Mercy ang get a lots POTG's. In 2 days more than during entire Season 1.

No, it just happens at random times, insanely frustrating.

It's insanely hard getting used to these new Genji changes. I always used triple jump, so that hurts, I keep trying to do the old combo and I just get stuck at melee, but the dragon blade nerf isn't really going to affect how I do with it. Although it is going to be really fucking hard to get the quad kill trophy now unless I get a Zarya ult to combo with. Oh well. I wasn't gonna get the Zen discord trophy anyways, so I'm not worried about platinum real much lol.

Ahh that sucks :/

Yeah the triple jump is the only thing I wish they kept. There are quite a few routes that are harder or just impossible to do now without dash, which is a pain. The combo and ult nerf I can deal with, since its fine to keep every character consistent (in terms of animation cancel). But man the triple jump removal hurts the feel of him.

You can still do jump -> wall climb -> jump but it's kind of hard to keep in mind not to double before wall climbing during a game.

Sn4ke_911

Same could be argued about e.g. S76 ult. You can hear it from far away [VO + visor sound] so you know it's coming and you can even see it before taking any serious damage most of the time. Yes it's easier ult to chase with, but you can easily end up with situation where you just zone enemy team which results in "wasted ult". Somehow that never really caused any discussion, but same more or less happening now to Cree is causing a lots butthurt.

Edit: POTG has changed for sure. I main Mercy ang get a lots POTG's. In 2 days more than during entire Season 1.

Yeah i agree, Soldier's ult is also one of the harder to pull off.

Edit: although i would say Soldier is still easier since he's way more mobile when he ults, McCree is slow as hell and can easily get shot down.

Demoskinos

Yeah i agree, Soldier's ult is also one of the harder to pull off.

They are ults meant for ambushes.

Could it be that since her ult changed to allowing ressurected character to move earlier, your teamates do more in a shorter amount of time and thus you get more credit as an assist? (Though Ana doesn't work that way with nano right?)

Azoor

So it seems like support still get less ranking points than the rest of the team. A friend of mine is ranking higher than me even though we played together, but I played Lucio and he played Reaper.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

what ult can't 'if used in a good place at a good time', this is such a shallow analysis that gets bandied around so much in this thread

Tovarisc

So it seems like support still get less ranking points than the rest of the team. A friend of mine is ranking higher than me even though we played together, but I played Lucio and he played Reaper.

Noticing same as Mercy mainer. Friend plays mostly Rein and keeps gaining ranks faster than me. Must be damage he gets to do.

Edit: Goes other way too. I lose more than he does / lost game.

Here's an idea with McCrees ult that you should be doing in the first place. Either flank or get on the high ground. There is no way it's a weak ult. It still does good work, even with the ult drain change.

Here's an idea with McCrees ult that you should be doing in the first place. Either flank or get on the high ground. There is no way it's a weak ult. It still does good work, even with the ult drain change.

Does it still go to 50% if it goes through the whole duration and you don't shoot?

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I love Bastion. He is unbelievably underrated. Get a few kills, switch positions, get a few more kills, switch positions, etc. Very good at flanking and gorilla warfare tactics character.

Few things that makes him a very viable character:

He eats through Reinhardts shield. There is always that team you end up on that either no one chooses high damage characters or no one shoots the shield.

He draws major focus from the other team.

He is a control point monster. Once the control point is gained, he can hold it down extremely well with good positioning and movement.

He crushes Torbjorn and his puny turrets. Have a turret problem? Bastion.

Sn4ke_911

Silly Genji, thought he could beat D.Va in a video game.

play-to-win.png

Auctopus

Matchmaking (even in placement matches) is enough to give you whiplash at times.

"Okay, you've won the last 3 games. Have a team that all wants to play assault"

Yep, Mercy's ult (resurrection) is fucked in this patch.

I saw two dead. I saw their timers, plenty in both. Both were in my range, UI said 2x. I ulted. Only one was revived and another was left dead. I still saw that skull and timer with plenty time left for revive.

Annoying. Second time this has happened since patch, yesterday it cost me placement game. Got useless tracer up, but tank that I was standing next to remained dead.
that happened to me as well. 3 skulls, UI says 3, revives 2, but not the one I was looking at. :/

Rad-

Matchmaking (even in placement matches) is enough to give you whiplash at times.

"Okay, you've won the last 3 games. Have a team that all wants to play assault"

I got a team pretty much like that. Four of them chose attack heroes, one chose Zen and then me deciding what to do. I went with Zarya and we actually won that because the enemy team comp was shit too.

I don't get why people don't choose decent comps in competitive. It makes winning so much easier.

In the next team got a Rein that kept on suicide charging solo and spammed "I need healing"... Somehow we won that too but no thanks to him.

JCH!

I went 5-5 (THREE fucking losses due to leavers) and ended up in Platinum. Win/Loss rate is definitely not that important.

Though it is much easier to perform better if you're winning.

Skii

I played Genji twice yesterday and he's definitely very weak now. He just lacks so much mobility and survivability because of the triple jump nerf. Hanzo can almost always hit Genji now because he's always in sight as well as the increased projectile speed. And I also echo missed swings in dragon blade. It took me 4 swings just to kill a lone Mercy and she was in my FOV all the time. Just 2 of the strikes wouldn't hit and basically Dragon blade was all but over after that.

I don't see why anyone would pick Genji over the other offensive heroes now on console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom