• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiraFA37

Played my placement matches, went 6-4, although 1 loss doesn't really count since I had to leave just when the map was loaded which gave me a loss, shoutout to Azoor for joining me for my last match. Got SR2409, that platinum is within reach.

Does anyone have good advice for Mercy Hunting and Bastion Scrapping?

Had some really frustrating moments today. We were doing pretty well on Route 66 attack, and should probably have won, except after clearing the second last checkpoint, they blew all their Ults just to wipe us, which made no sense given how close our spawn is, then we realized they did it so they could put a Bastion on the payload and basically spawn camp us as we were coming out to get to the payload. Wasted 2 minutes of our time that way. Ugh.

To counter Bastion I usually pick S76, stay at mid-long range unleash your helix rockets first and a burst from your rifle should finish him off. If he spots you back off and try an other flank, wait till he start shooting something else.

KiraFA37

What is this placement technique? I win 1 game and I get 950/6000. I lose one, and then win another and only gain ten points (960)?

They rebalanced the point system, everything is x10, so you had 95 points from season 1 x10 = 950. Every win now is 10 points and a tie is 3.

X-Frame

It really seems like the weakness at lower SR levels is just killing.

I know I hear that a good Zarya or Roadhog can carry but to me it is seeming like the DPS aren't pulling their weight the most.

R0ckman

After playing with some GAF members tonight I think I'm done with comp, its terrible. Just had a game as Rein where I was the only one defending the payload and Mercy was the only one helping me. Constant ult spamming, in another match, losing objective capture time to enemy Zenyatta constantly ulting on the point.

Rad-

Damn you gain sr so slowly this season. Last season you occasionally got a good full rank up (at least when you were 50-ish) but the max I have gotten here is like 35.

Yeah, not sure what they did in the backend for that but I got more potgs with her yesterday alone compared to the lifetime of the game, lol.

D.Va ulted 3 players on Volskaya B, with a dead body already there. Mercy ults all 4 back, our Hanzo ults them dead immediately, including the Mercy. They lose ten seconds later. Mercy POTG. We couldn't stop laughing.

IKizzLE

Platinum = mid 50's hell. Christ these team comps boggle the mind.

Just 150 away from Diamond. I'd love to group up with Ramirez or something for that final push. I want diamond tier teammates.
Diamond is no different. You'll still see torbjorn on attack. Ana's who've nvr used her trying her out for the first time....etc.

jorma

is now taking requests
So i've played two placement matches in S2 and i noticed this in my career stats for S2:

Total Solo Kills: 10
Most solo kills in a single game: 15

The stats seem to be borked because that makes no sense at all.

R0ckman

Diamond is no different. You'll still see torbjorn on attack. Ana's who've nvr used her trying her out for the first time....etc.

Yeah, mookie if you read this, I'll help you out tonight as a fellow friend and GAFFER and then I'm done. I'm not climbing 3 teirs of this shit when my QP games are better quality.

Did QP make everyone forget what a good team looks like?

The second the character select screen came up we instantly had 4 offensive characters picked. People going Bastion, Windowmaker, etc. it's fucking awful.

Gorillaz

I don't like this draw shit

Instead of completely getting rid of sudden death they could have found a compromise. They pretty much threw the baby out with the bathwater
It really seems like the weakness at lower SR levels is just killing.

I know I hear that a good Zarya or Roadhog can carry but to me it is seeming like the DPS aren't pulling their weight the most.

that's been a problem since the jump, everyone wants to play as McCree and Genji but can't even pull their weight with them

Rad-

Did QP make everyone forget what a good team looks like?

The second the character select screen came up we instantly had 4 offensive characters picked. People going Bastion, Windowmaker, etc. it's fucking awful.

This has been like 90% of my solo or duo competitive games. Though I also often pick McCree quickly but I'll change if the team comp requires it. Most don't seem to change.

GeeTeeCee

Probably the best thing from my 4 placement games tonight was the times where thr enemy 76 would activate their ult, and I would casually walk D.Va right up to 76 and use Defence Matrix to eat their entire ult. Several times.

I could practically feel the hatred emanating through the television screen.

Jellie

L-W-L-W so far soloing.
Second loss should have won but got complacent. Last game carried hard against a 5 stack. Went 62/8, 4 golds. Next best eliminations was 39 and 34 (their team).
Tracer OP on console.
Edit: wtf happened to overbuff again. Says I'm ranked 27,000 for Lucio when I was 21 this morning...

antitrop

Fuckin' Seagull

bwNR1j0.gif

He gets the 6th guy shortly after for a Solo Team Kill, too

Skii

L-W-L-W so far soloing.
Second loss should have won but got complacent. Last game carried hard against a 5 stack. Went 62/8, 4 golds. Next best eliminations was 39 and 34 (their team).
Tracer OP on console.
Edit: wtf happened to overbuff again. Says I'm ranked 27,000 for Lucio when I was 21 this morning...

My QR for Reaper is 25% and Genji is now 30% lmao. Seems about right.

Coming from 2 down in KOTH to win
tumblr_o9zpbu5K8D1r94yi6o1_500.jpg

3:3 now

After the first 2 losses i switched to Soldier for some reason he felt really good and they just started going down like flies.

KraytarJ

Over buff is gettin weird. All of a sudden I jumped from 76% skill level to 95% and my Dva, Roadhog, and Zen jumped to the 90s while Junkrat fell from the 60s to 15%.

Plat has a wide range of skill levels. I've been looking at players' performance from last season and I've seen as low 42 all the way to 67. That's probably why matches are turning into blowouts.

Jellie

So how does a draw effect placement?

Probably would depend on if you were expected to win or lose.
I would guess if you should win and draw instead, its treated like a minor loss and if you should lose but draw it'll give a small boost.
Just guessing. Don't actually know but makes sense to me.

Strider

Plat has a wide range of skill levels. I've been looking at players' performance from last season and I've seen as low 42 all the way to 67. That's probably why matches are turning into blowouts.

Yep. I've just been curious and checking a lot of people both on my friends list and in my matches. Seems like almost everyone placed between 2300-2700 regardless of S1 performance (exception being someone that stomped as a full team and got diamond) so there's just this huge cluster in the middle right now.

On my friends list alone I have people that hit 70+ in S1 and those that were in the 40s... And they are all in this small high gold/low plat window right now. It's a mess atm and quality of game can change drastically from match to match from my experience. And of course you can get really lopsided games which you mentioned.

Can anyone post the rank tiers again? Can't tell if I'm in diamond or platinum tier right now lol.

Also want to see how close I am to the next tier.

IKizzLE

Ton of top 500 guys I played with last season placed around 2800-2900. Hell, the 2 other guys I did my placement matches with ended up between 2800-2900 while I placed 3050. Since then, I think I've gone 50% win rate but I'm now 3180, so hopefully it's the game trying to push me to master.

Wont be back on till Sunday night, hopefully by then there will be a ton of diamonds to beat on and rank up quicker. :)

Skii

Have you done your placements? My friend think that your SR affects your rank for QP on overbuff.

No I havent. I'll do them when I come back from holiday next week. Hopefully I can get a group of 3 together one evening and we can just blitz through it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why is everyone here using overbuff? Isn't masteroverwatch a supposedly better site?

Nope.

Much prefer the way overbuff breaks down the stats.

Though it seems like blizzard is scaring with the way stats are recorded. Without losses being counted it feels kinda... Worthless.

ramyeon

Played with a group last night.. ended at 2256 after playing at 2080ish. We were climbing pretty fast, about 50 per win.

Really hesitant to play any comp solo now.

Solo'd all my matches. Placed at 2490. You couldn't give me the 10 points for platinum rank, could you Blizzard. The last placement match was incredibly frustrating at Nepal with everyone grabbing the point then deciding to split up across the map every single time, particularly our Rein who REALLY liked charging into large crowds of people. And god forbid you ask people to stick together or ask Rein to stop charging when he shouldn't and then people get offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom