• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAM09

Went 6-4 on placements and was just Platinum. Played 4 more competitive matches since and encountered the people that haven't got a clue what the payload is. Lost 3 and won 1 that has put me down to gold.

Got to stop the random torture.

LordofPwn

Went 6-4 on placements and was just Platinum. Played 4 more competitive matches since and encountered the people that haven't got a clue what the payload is. Lost 3 and won 1 that has put me down to gold.

It's been wtf hell all day for me too. Yesterday must have been a fluke. Went 7-3 solo platinum, today I think I've had 7 losses just from teammates leaving before the first round is even over... Total BS I get punished for teammates leaving...

maouvin

Soloing, 4-6, 2388. Kept soloing, around 2200 now, yay c:

And I'm seeing so many Junkrats. I rarely saw one on QP/brawls, no idea where these guys were. And most of them weren't exactly good (played with a beastly one last match though). Oh well.

R0ckman

I dont think the placement system is right, I'm in silver and people are pretty damn good about swaps strategy and comboing ults without mics. Even the ocassional hanzos are kicking ass. When I grouped after placements it was a total crapshoot. Dumbass teams that couldn't turn anything around.

And in this rank BOTH teams seem to be doing good. Havent gotten a true stomp yet after starting to solo. Granted Im climbing by using the Zarya cheese and am constantly on fire but eh.

Edit: This is UNREAL, tanks and supports locked first THEN combo dps characters. WTF is going on?

R0ckman

Soloing, 4-6, 2388. Kept soloing, around 2200 now, yay c:

And I'm seeing so many Junkrats. I rarely saw one on QP/brawls, no idea were these guys were. And most of them weren't exactly good (played with a beastly one last match though). Oh well.

With Zarya on the scene Junkrat is possibly one of the dumbest picks especially in serious games. He can't control his moves well so spams are free charge for her.

LiK

With Zarya on the scene Junkrat is possibly one of the dumbest picks especially in serious games. He can't control his moves well so spams are free charge for her.

Doesn't matter. If the team focus fires on her even at full charge she will die. Zarya will always gets charged even without Junkrats. I've killed Zaryas with Junkrat by trapping her and people shooting her to finish her off. When people just run away or avoid shooting her all together just because she pops a bubble then they will just let her stomp all over them.

ramyeon

I thought your tier couldn't go down? Or do you just mean that your number itself went down to the equivalent of gold?

finalflame

Just as many retards still playing Competitive. I've overall gone up in rank since placement but the matches I have lost have been insanely infuriating. Going back to my Season 1 policy of never solo queue. If anyone plays on PC in the 2500-3000 range (currently 2775, high of 2893), using a mic, and knows the basic strategy of winning maps please add me so we can kick some ass: darkatnight#1407.

Gonna go watch some Rick & Morty or something. Tilting hard.

Prelude.

Apparently "Blizzard removed win rates from Quickplay". Maybe they think that will stop people from leaving at the end of a losing game?

Also, this wasn't PotG because that went to D.Va booping off 2 guys in front of the Volskaya spawn, but
H A N Z O B O Y S

https://my.mixtape.moe/fxzpgu.webm

LordofPwn

24 matches this season and I haven't been to Dorado yet. My favorite payload map. Been to Hollywood and Route 66 way too damn much... Only been to Illios once, but I don't get many control maps

EDIT: is Eichenwalde in competitive rotation? Haven't been there in competitive yet

Apparently "Blizzard removed win rates from Quickplay". Maybe they think that will stop people from leaving at the end of a losing game?

Also, this wasn't PotG because that went to D.Va booping off 2 guys in front of the Volskaya spawn, but
H A N Z O B O Y S

https://my.mixtape.moe/fxzpgu.webm

Is the removal of winrate thing an explicit change or is it some temporary maintenance thing? Seems like stats were the last thing keeping people from going buck wild in quickplay because they didn't want to bork their stats page, but I did see some incidents where people would snoop on other people's profiles and roast their goose if they were sub 50 on some characters.

Prelude.

Is the removal of winrate thing an explicit change or is it some temporary maintenance thing? Seems like stats were the last thing keeping people from going buck wild in quickplay because they didn't want to bork their stats page, but I did see some incidents where people would snoop on other people's profiles and roast their goose if they were sub 50 on some characters.
Not sure, that's what Overbuff says.

Animator

Won 7 out of 10 placement matches and placed gold with 2400. I feel like it should have been higher since I carried the team in some of those matches.

If I went 40-10 with Tracer, I'd be pretty ecstatic lol. But I'm not as good of a tracer as you, so....
Yea I mean 4/1 is good but it just doesn't feel like it. Seems like lots of 28-13 games. And then you get the 60-5 KOTH to offset it. Feels pretty inconsistent and the deaths always feel like 'you dumbass' type deaths. I know I could be playing better. I think Overbuff agrees because I'm only 92nd percentile with those stats.

Not saying it's not good, I just think my 'carry' could be a little more consistent.

Yea I mean 4/1 is good but it just doesn't feel like it. Seems like lots of 28-13 games. And then you get the 60-5 KOTH to offset it. Feels pretty inconsistent and the deaths always feel like 'you dumbass' type deaths. I know I could be playing better. I think Overbuff agrees because I'm only 92nd percentile with those stats.

Not saying it's not good, I just think my 'carry' could be a little more consistent.
Oh I know that feel. Majority of my Tracer deaths seem to be a "da fuq did I do that for?" Or "why did I blink there?" Kind of moments lol.

There is definitely a lot I can improve on her but I feel I'm getting pretty solid with her.

Yea I'm also having to adjust to the sharpshooter McCree and lumberjack Hanzo. Not fully grasping this new meta yet.

And I've been stuck in the 2800's since placement getting like 20 per win and losing 30 per loss. It's agravating. If I could just put together a win streak i'd be in Diamond forever. Maybe a Gaf train could help me out.

Got a game on Eichenwalde. I picked Mercy since nobody else wants to play support (we have Symmetra, Hanzo, and Torb lol). Teammates are completely clueless, so I switch off Mercy and go S76. No sense in trying to heal dumbasses. I completely shut the enemy team down by myself. I just went to the highest point of the map and killed they entire team the whole game. They didn’t even try to counter me lol. Actually one person went Pharah to counter me… lmao a fucking Pharah to counter S76.

These games are such a crapshoot.

LiK

Yea I'm also having to adjust to the sharpshooter McCree and lumberjack Hanzo. Not fully grasping this new meta yet.

And I've been stuck in the 2800's since placement getting like 20 per win and losing 30 per loss. It's agravating. If I could just put together a win streak i'd be in Diamond forever. Maybe a Gaf train could help me out.

are you on? wanna play?

Bought a Tracer and McCree for my room. It's hard to find Overwatch art I like and I'm a fan of this.

1f4b219d84fede95041c5e77dc18804e.jpg

Going to be on a lot later tonight. Shoot a request on PSN to JakeNoseIt if you want to play, I would love to not get stuck with a bunch of randoms

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Diamond is no different. You'll still see torbjorn on attack. Ana's who've nvr used her trying her out for the first time....etc.

Yeah...I was grouped with you and Ramirez last night and some of the stuff I saw the diamond players do was mind boggling. Still love the Dva that ulted her mech into the ocean. :|

Any PS4 players up for some matches tonight? My PSN is SgtWiggles

Am currently 2931 so looking for people close to that range. Mostly play Zarya and Zenyetta, but I can play most of the cast well

It's fucking infuriating how people still pick Torb on console. I haven't won a single game since I got out of placements. I can't seem to get out of these shitty teams.

Yeah...I was grouped with you and Ramirez last night and some of the stuff I saw the diamond players do was mind boggling. Still love the Dva that ulted her mech into the ocean. :|

As a D.Va main, that is actually less embarrassing than when you push the Ult button before you press the boost button and you ult 50 yards away from the action.

It's fucking infuriating how people still pick Torb on console. I haven't won a single game since I got out of placements. I can't seem to get out of these shitty teams.

Lol yeah. Anytime I see someone pick a Torb, my expectations for the match tank.

Last season I kept running into the same dude on PS4, who had to have either been the worst player ever, or a huge troll. He literally only picked Torb, on every map, on every mode. Somehow he was rank 71 when I first ran into him, but he literally never even fired his gun (Even when he used Molten Core).

By the last time I ran into him before the season ended he was like rank 64.

R0ckman

Need to change contesting like you need an equal amount of people compared to the enemy on the point to equal contest. There is way to much cheese to stall after wipes.

xaosslug

lol @ Blizz changing their stuff bts and making all those stat sites worthless. What kind of Niantic teas...

Bought a Tracer and McCree for my room. It's hard to find Overwatch art I like and I'm a fan of this.

1f4b219d84fede95041c5e77dc18804e.jpg

why do her shoes look like crocs, here?
a2dRsOC.png

Any PS4 players up for some matches tonight? My PSN is SgtWiggles

Am currently 2931 so looking for people close to that range. Mostly play Zarya and Zenyetta, but I can play most of the cast well

can un-ranked & ranked peeps play together? I haven't done my placements, yet and Zarya's are invaluable! @__@

Ugh. Just had one of the worst matches. We were attacking on Eichenwalde. And it wasn't that my team was bad or anything. They were doing alright. It's just that the other team pounced on us right out of the gate and they never let up. No choke point strats, just this unrelenting assault as we tried to leave our spawns. We took the first point but after that they just kept killing us until we were this grinded up paste in the dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom