• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, played with someone on voice comms that must be around 10-12 years old and it was the most adorable thing haha. He was really sincerely calling it out and seemed genuinely happy when people followed his callouts. Plus the voice was just adorable.

Can't wait for the overwatch playerbase to beat that sincerity and positivity out of him.

I'll take a look at this right when I come home. I can cap the fps in settings?

Also, how do I do my placement matches?

Just queue for competitive. Your first 10 matches are placement matches.

Although you won't be able to play competitive if you're not level 25 or higher.

Moonkeis

Man, played with someone on voice comms that must be around 10-12 years old and it was the most adorable thing haha. He was really sincerely calling it out and seem genuinely happy when people follow his callouts. Plus the voice was just adorable.

Can't wait for the overwatch playerbase to beat that sincerity and positivity out of him.

:( He'll harden up and become a pro.

Rad-

Man, played with someone on voice comms that must be around 10-12 years old and it was the most adorable thing haha. He was really sincerely calling it out and seem genuinely happy when people followed his callouts. Plus the voice was just adorable.

Soon Meis of the world will make that boy a man.

Antiwhippy

Nah, for real though, it's fun to play with someone that seemed so sincere and excited about playing the game.

Stopped for the night because it's late and because I wanted to end my session on a positive note.

Man, played with someone on voice comms that must be around 10-12 years old and it was the most adorable thing haha. He was really sincerely calling it out and seemed genuinely happy when people followed his callouts. Plus the voice was just adorable.

I can't comprehend a child of that age being in any way adorable.

Antiwhippy

Nah, it was genuinely cute.

I think it goes both ways for voice comms with people that age. Either it's really cute or it's really racist and homophobic.

X-Frame

Definitely the biggest frustration, especially on Lijiang and Ilios. If I have to go tank or heals because people instalock DPS, I expect them to actually be getting kills. Instead I usually just see Reapers constantly trying to flank by themselves (don't do this!) and Pharah/McCree taking potshots from a distance.

This is even more apparent at lower SR levels. So for a few games I went Reaper and just hunted Tanks and supports and I did well despite very little experience with Reaper or any DPS characters really, mostly because it was at lower SR but still.

Reaper is a great safe reliable DPS pick. I made sure not to push without Wriath off cooldown and always made sure I didn't teleport somewhere that I wouldn't have an escape route back to my team or a health pack and I just kept targeting stragglers and attacked Tanks or DPS that went after our supports.

And a Reaper can flank by himself and probably should if his Ult is ready since he can drop down from behind out of nowhere and wipe the team. I kept doing this at Hanamura Defense. During the choke point battle at the door I kept dropping down from the window and destroying them from the back. Squishy supports die in a couple shotgun hits each.

So some bugs myself and my friends have noticed as of the latest PS4 patch:

Mercy not rezzing everyone that she should've

Friendly Junkrats not calling out riptire anymore

Riptire kills not always registering in player notifs and kill feed

Moonkeis

Rein in comp: "I've never won a game before with Ana on comp or QP".

He learned real quick after 3 nanoboost while we rolled through Hollywood.

JHall

Junkrat is the worst. I'd take a Mei or Hanzo over him anyday. All Junkrat players do is spam their grenades around corners thinking they are helping the team. But, in reality you're just feeding the healers their ults because you don't finish anyone off.

Friendly Junkrats not calling out riptire anymore
I think I had this happen. I was in the brawl and when I was calling my riptire, Hanzo shot me in the back and I died, but I didn't get to use my tire. I even lost 85% of my ult charge. Was annoyed.

I've also had times where I hit Roadhog with my tire and it doesn't give me a hit marker or anything and he never self heals after that so it gives me the feeling I'm not doing any damage even though he was right next to my tire.

I think I had this happen. I was in the brawl and when I was calling my riptire, Hanzo shot me in the back and I died, but I didn't get to use my tire. I even lost 85% of my ult charge. Was annoyed.

I've also had times where I hit Roadhog with my tire and it doesn't give me a hit marker or anything and he never self heals after that so it gives me the feeling I'm not doing any damage even though he was right next to my tire.
yeah, there is definitely something weird going on with Junkrat ATM.

I wonder if it's server side, like the Mei wall glitch?

Yes I really feel junkrat is the new hanzo, every single match I get this guy in comp.
Except Junkrat is actually good and useful, unlike the old Hanzo.
Junkrat is the worst. I'd take a Mei or Hanzo over him anyday. All Junkrat players do is spam their grenades around corners thinking they are helping the team. But, in reality you're just feeding the healers their ults because you don't finish anyone off.
You could say the same about Reinhardt throwing out fire strikes all the time. No one complains about that though, and it really isn't that much different.

I still think Junkrat is the best defense character, even with the Mei and Hanzo buffs, and he's got a lot more room for error than those other two.

Also, you're literally asking Junkrats not to do what they're supposed to do, which is spam grenades at a choke point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You could say the same about Reinhardt throwing out fire strikes all the time. No one complains about that though, and it really isn't that much different.

except its on a long cooldown, is easy as fuck to see and very easy to avoid

patchday

Today was the first time I saw the toxicity people on forums were talking about. Just had a game where I was the solo healer (mercy) and had people in chat and on voice constantly calling me bad. One dude was literally screaming over the voice chat "never play mercy again". Then we won the game, only me and another dude showed up in the cards. 45% of team damage healed.

lol nice they were just motivating you to do yer best :)

Why do I have a fucking junkrat in every one of my placements?

Like, these aren't even good junkats.

And they always pick him on attack for whatever reason. Like they'll be defending with another but then decide junkrat is the one to attack with.

What tier do I have to be so that I don't have a junkrat in every one of my team?

Yeah ppl love spamming junkrat

Antiwhippy

I don't mind junkrat on D, but I always, always run with them on attack.

It's kinda insane, like, every game today features a junkrat.

Nimby

Banned
Just love it when 4 teammates insta-lock DPS, and no one budges or switches. The McCree was just running in solo thinking he can 1v6 the whole team, and the Widowmaker would be good if her job was to miss all her shots. The same Widowmaker got into my next game and played Symmetra on attack.

I managed to go 6-4 in my placements and got Platinum. Still sticking with Zarya/Mercy, although I'm throwing Zen and Symmetra into the mix as. Zen's discord is still so good, and Symmetra performs really well on Eichenwalde defense. I plan on playing more Rein and Winston too.

except its on a long cooldown, is easy as fuck to see and very easy to avoid
5 seconds isn't exactly long, but ok. Also, Junks grenades aren't that hard to see either.

I don't get all the Junk hate. It seems like everyone thinks it's a worthless slot. They could be good Junkrats for all you know.

Also, I think the increase in Junks is due to the fact that two Junk counters, Genji and Dva, got nerfed and are being used less. Also, I feel that speed boost kind of hurt him as well because you could just speed boost past the place where he's spamming.

JHall

I still think Junkrat is the best defense character, even with the Mei and Hanzo buffs, and he's got a lot more room for error than those other two.

Also, you're literally asking Junkrats not to do what they're supposed to do, which is spam grenades at a choke point.

The Rein comparison isn't a good one. It does 100 damage, then has a long cool down. Junkrat spamming the choke point has no cool down and isn't actually killing anyone. Once again feeding the healers their ults faster.

Rein's firestrike also pierces shields, Junkrats bombs do not.

R0ckman

I cant belive how garbage some of these teams are, I'm playing as Pharah getting kills in the air and by the time I get 3 kills my team is completely dead? How the hell is that even fair? Enough of this nonsesnse lets get some balanced games. Or make a system that shits down the match if its a stomp.

The Rein comparison isn't a good one. It does 75 damage, then has a long cool down. Junkrat spamming the choke point has no cool down and isn't actually killing anyone. Once again feeding the healers their ults faster.
If you don't want to feed the healers, why shoot anyone at all unless it's a killing blow? That's a silly complaint. Also, fire strike does 100 damage iirc. And again, it's 5 seconds, not that long.

How about instead of complaining about you're Junks not killing anyone, how about you finish off the people he's damaged?

^^ I wasn't comparing Junks grenades to fire strike at all, I was just saying that they're easy to see.

Rad-

Holy shit just had the most adrenaline pumping match in a long time. First normal time we both cap both points. Then the deciding extra round our team was basically on overtime all the way from point A of King's Row to the end and I went on insane short run with McCree. 60% accuracy, 52 elims and all that shit. I was sure we would lose the game when one of our guys chose Torb on attack.

I cant belive how garbage some of these teams are, I'm playing as Pharah getting kills in the air and by the time I get 3 kills my team is completely dead? How the hell is that even fair? Enough of this nonsesnse lets get some balanced games. Or make a system that shits down the match if its a stomp.

The problem is that most players in Gold and Platinum are either inconsistent, only good with a couple of heroes, or both. Most players will perform +/- 200 points of their rating in any given match.

ekim

Why are my stats so different on overbuff and masteroverwatch? On the former I'm in the Top 20% ranked players. On the latter in the top 85%. Also the character specific stats are completely different in terms of percentile. I'm confused. (Ranking score 2210)

Antiwhippy

Fire strikes are important because you can build an ult that can reliably used to stun the whole team instead of something that gets shot down more often than not.

Again, no problem with him on defense, it's just the ones on attack. I gave the benefit of the doubt for all of them but none of them seem to contribute much.

JHall

Fire strikes are important because you can build an ult that can reliably used to stunned tge whole ream instead of something that gets shot diwn more often than not.

Again, no problem with him on defense, it's just the ones on attack. I have the benefut if the doubt for all of them but none of them seem to contribute much.

That's what I've been saying, he doesn't contribute to the the team as much as other characters. I hit Masters yesterday and every Junkrat player I've played with and against hasn't helped the team at all.

Antiwhippy

Why are my stats so different on overbuff and masteroverwatch? On the former I'm in the Top 20% ranked players. On the latter in the top 85%. Also the character specific stats are completely different in terms of percentile. I'm confused. (Ranking score 2210)

Different userbase. They only count the people who bother to link their accounts to the site.

I really think Blizzard should look into Roadhog's ridiculous hook. The hitbox is out of control.
The hook is buggy as all hell right now. The box is as big as it is for a reason, it really doesn't need a nerf.

Seriously, all the tanks are very balanced, none of them need changes.

exYle

Is anyone experiencing glitchy killcams/potg after the update? I had it happen twice yesterday and the only way to fix it is rebooting the game. Basically instead of showing the footage it just shows the sky and that's it.

This happens if you get into a game while you are loading a highlight. Just exit the highlight the moment you see that the matchmaking search bar is gone. If the highlight has started, you're fine and your kill cams will look normal.

Crzy1

I really think Blizzard should look into Roadhog's ridiculous hook. The hitbox is out of control.
It's incredibly finicky for me. Sometimes I can hook people through narrow gaps or over the top of low obstacles, other times I can hit someone out in the open and have it not register. It's annoying as hell on either side.

Master Overwatch is currently the accurate one for competitive percentile ranking.

It's incredibly finicky for me. Sometimes I can hook people through narrow gaps or over the top of low obstacles, other times I can hit someone out in the open and have it not register. It's annoying as hell on either side.
Yeah the hook is really broken right now. It's insanely inconsistent. One game can go perfectly fine and the next game you can't kill anyone with it because they don't get brought up to your face, or get pulled to the side.

If the hook got nerfed in its current state, he would literally be unplayable with all these inconsistencies.

I can't believe Blizzard have been balancing the game since launch in part based on the feeedback of console players who had broken autoaim.

-_______-

rip genbu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom