• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

ra0Zq.png

lmao... HOLY SHIT. xD

c77cmjL.png

The Hanzo bug was legit annoying. I don't play him very often, but sometimes I would queue up a Scatter Arrow, then change my mind and suddenly be very confused about what kind of arrow I was actually about to fire. Glad its fixed.

Skii

I think it was my real life friend but I remember somebody came in for a few minutes and left so might have been him. Finished comp for today since I'll be watching the football later. Good games Joninder and Kor.

What team do you support?

NimbusD

Pretty sure the skill rating thing is referring to the players who went so low it looped back around to see 5000 and made them the highest rated players.

matmanx1

Fmxbdsbajxbbs
HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS HANAMURA PLAY
AHSHDfdvb

https://clips.twitch.tv/zenwayproductions/CarefulGoldfishGingerPower
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

A - MEI - ZING!

the idea that you'll eventually end up at a rank representative of your true skill is predicated on the assumption that the matchmaking and ranking systems are doing their jobs

i'm not sure i believe that's true for this game

I honestly don't know what to think. I know that Blizzard is good at what they do but there is one thing that no company can ever account for accurately using statistics and that is human behavior and all of its many variables.

I maintain that solo que for the moderately skilled / average player is basically a crap shoot and thus far in my experience has been more bad than good.

How can it be that I who understand strategies and how to win keep getting matched up with players who don't understand team composition, positioning and downright refuse to use voice chat or communicate in any way in a competitive game? Because it happens every time I play a string of competitive games. (And as an aside, here's an interesting video by Your Overwatch that discusses this very thing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySaViJCll3E )

I could be more assertive and vocal about it but I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing before I start raising objections. Unfortunately, it doesn't take but 1 or 2 people who make bad picks or won't cooperate to doom the match to defeat.

Maybe I should just be quiet about it and accept my lot in life but having seen what Overwatch CAN be when 6 players communicate and coordinate it's really really hard to go back to playing with folks who just don't seem to understand.

So for now, I'm just not playing competitive at all. My RL schedule makes it very difficult to form a group so when I play it's pretty much all solo and solo Comp has just about made me quit playing completely. I'm either going to have to change my attitude or stay out of Comp for now. We'll see.

ever since the patch that brought season 2, the matchmaking times have been brutal for me on xb1. i basically can't even play brawl anymore unless i want to wait several minutes. it's slowly killing the game for me.

ever since the patch that brought season 2, the matchmaking times have been brutal for me on xb1. i basically can't even play brawl anymore unless i want to wait several minutes. it's slowly killing the game for me.

I don't know if I have a common opinion, but I'll gladly take a 2 minute queue time in favor of a solid connection game.

amazing new avatar

Thanks.

Also the Twitter Comp is kinda booty, for the 1st Point of Hanamura you want a Dive Comp.

Something like Rein/Win/Genji/Reaper/Luc/Zen.

Though a Big Booty Comp could work if its like Rein/Road/Zarya/Ana/Luc/Zen. Just poke til Ana gets ult, ult the Rein go ham.

sass1.png

Skii

HXH2lYc.png

So far:
26% Zarya
25% Soldier: 76
25% Zenyatta
24% Genji

The fact that it's basically even for every character goes to show how bad the average Overwatch player is. Why would you ever need the 4th DPS character? Obvious choice is Zenyatta and maybe Zarya.

Arsenal 😂

Haha no way. Supporting them really has affected my physical and mental health. Even looking at the line up today has given me anxiety.

JHall

The fact that it's basically even for every character goes to show how bad the average Overwatch player is. Why would you ever need the 4th DPS character? Obvious choice is Zenyatta and maybe Zarya.

Because everyone is a pro Genji/DPS! I would know, I've watched like all of Seagulls videos.

Any other frequent Zen users find aiming shots has become tougher as of late? as I recall the last patch that affected him just dropped his discord potency but buffed his damage a bit to compensate yet I've been ironically a lot crapper at aiming since the improved auto aim update on console.

I'm pretty sure the answer here is "I've got worse" but just checking that I'm not alone.

Svartnatt

Playing QP and my team loses the first round on Ilios Lighthouse. But I did manage to capture the point solo as Roadhog by whole-hogging 3 of the other team off the point and off the edge, virtually guaranteeing me POTG.

During the countdown to round 2, thought I'd engage in a little bit of gamesmanship and typed to match chat: "We may lose the match, but I'm calling POTG now! :)"

A few replies of "Wow" and "Oooh" were soon followed by 3 grouped players on the other team leaving the game, which caused the game to go into reinstancing and ending. Needless to say, no POTG highlights for anyone.

So I ask you GAF, was it BM for me to call POTG so early? And how salty do you have to be to quit a game you're winning to deny someone their POTG?

Jellie

Haha no way. Supporting them really has affected my physical and mental health. Even looking at the line up today has given me anxiety.

Seen a few comps go with 4 DPS.

Yeah that team sheet is garbage. No Cech, Xhaka or a striker...

Wow that Reaper in Kors stream putting in work.
When does top 500 become available? I'm closer to getting that than I ever though possible.

Probably a month in so 2-3 weeks?
What SR are you now. I'm over 50 wins too, peak was 3462 which was after 50 wins so might have been close if it was active already.

Azoor

Any other frequent Zen users find aiming shots has become tougher as of late? as I recall the last patch that affected him just dropped his discord potency but buffed his damage a bit to compensate yet I've been ironically a lot crapper at aiming since the improved auto aim update on console.

I'm pretty sure the answer here is "I've got worse" but just checking that I'm not alone.

Are you on PC or console? Just curious.

matmanx1

Playing QP and my team loses the first round on Ilios Lighthouse. But I did manage to capture the point solo as Roadhog by whole-hogging 3 of the other team off the point and off the edge, virtually guaranteeing me POTG.

During the countdown to round 2, thought I'd engage in a little bit of gamesmanship and typed to match chat: "We may lose the match, but I'm calling POTG now! :)"

A few replies of "Wow" and "Oooh" were soon followed by 3 grouped players on the other team leaving the game, which caused the game to go into reinstancing and ending. Needless to say, no POTG highlights for anyone.

So I ask you GAF, was it BM for me to call POTG so early? And how salty do you have to be to quit a game you're winning to deny someone their POTG?

I'm assuming you mean bad manners and not bowel movement but to answer your question, no, I don't think it was bad. Especially if you put the smiley at the end!

Probably a month in so 2-3 weeks?
What SR are you now. I'm over 50 wins too, peak was 3462 which was after 50 wins so might have been close if it was active already.
My high is 3345, current 3311. I won a ton last night but the game liked me right where I was and I hardly moved at all. I'm definitely not there yet, but all it would take is one win streak and some luck.

Jellie

Zen and Zarya mainly. If a DPS slot was ever left unfilled I'd go Tracer, but it never is. At this rank where I feel below average in most games I just try to do whatever the team needs (except for Mercy of Lucio, F that.)

Was gonna suggest playing together some more but if we both want zarya might not go so well. Though zarya is pretty popular, could go zen+lucio. Did it with Joninder with reasonable success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom