• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paches

Barely slipped in to 60 last night after being stuck in the high 50s the entire season. Relieved and now I can play without the stress of feeling like I am going to miss out on a ton of CP based on the coin flip of a few games.

wamberz1

Finally, FINALLY got that red Zarya skin, and now all is right in the world.

And yeah, as a only solo q-er myself it really sucks when the game just goes "fuck it" and put you and a bunch of randoms against a full communicating team of level 200+'s.

Barely slipped in to 60 last night after being stuck in the high 50s the entire season. Relieved and now I can play without the stress of feeling like I am going to miss out on a ton of CP based on the coin flip of a few games.

Not tempted to push for 65? It is a huge 100CP extra.

KiraFA37

Tried competitve again and had to push the payload when playing Tracer on Hollywood, come on guys I have to haress the enemy not carry the payload, thats Reinhardts job.

Recreat3

Ok so i just played a competitive match and i played quite bad (so did the whole team). I then received a message from a teammate saying i had no game sense....i replied with "no englis" and i received a reply abusing me telling me i should jump off a bridge and if that doesnt work i shoud go neck myself.

Wth is wrong with some people?

finalflame

Ok so i just played a competitive match and i played quite bad (so did the whole team). I then received a message from a teammate saying i had no game sense....i replied with "no englis" and i received a reply abusing me telling me i should jump off a bridge and if that doesnt work i shoud go neck myself.

Wth is wrong with some people?

Block the person and move on. At least that's what I do. It's competitive, it brings out the worst in people.

Recreat3

Block the person and move on. At least that's what I do. It's competitive, it brings out the worst in people.

I reported them. People like this need to learn a lesson. Joking about suicide is not on and it really bugs me that people get so worked up over a game, competitive or not.

Ps. Im new here. Hi GAF

It's true.

Temple of Anubis, defense.

I'm on fire and have 2 golds as Reaper, yet people are telling me we don't need a Reaper and to switch to a healer.

After like 5 min I switch, then proceed to hold onto three golds as a support while spamming the "need healing" emote as soon as it was off cooldown.

People were so mad at me, but we won.

Next match Gibraltar on Attack. The 12 year old Genji first pick yells over the mic "IF ANYONE GOES SNIPER ON ATTACK JUST END YOURSELF"

I pick Widowmaker and we push the objective easily, as I pick off the supports and enemy Genji easily.

At one point the Genji and reaper would chase me all across the map just to kill me, leaving the payload wide open.

I think I'm having more fun playing the objective while simultaneously pissing people off who have expectations of how the "meta" should be played.

Or, it's just Genji players who tend to have the worst attitudes.

I reported them. People like this need to learn a lesson. Joking about suicide is not on and it really bugs me that people get so worked up over a game, competitive or not.

Ps. Im new here. Hi GAF

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_6u4gcwtvg9c84c880gg8cggks_640.gif

Hiya!

But yeah, people getting super salty and / or aggressive over a game is sad, really.

finalflame

Ps. Im new here. Hi GAF

Reporting is always good. But yah, people are shitheads in competitive online games. I don't let it bother me anymore, thick skin etc.

Also, welcome!

It's true.

Temple of Anubis, defense.

I'm on fire and have 2 golds as Reaper, yet people are telling me we don't need a Reaper and to switch to a healer.

After like 5 min I switch, then proceed to hold onto three golds as a support while spamming the "need healing" emote as soon as it was off cooldown.

People were so mad at me, but we won.

Next match Gibraltar on Attack. The 12 year old Genji first pick yells over the mic "IF ANYONE GOES SNIPER ON ATTACK JUST END YOURSELF"

I pick Widowmaker and we push the objective easily, as I pick off the supports and enemy Genji easily.

At one point the Genji and reaper would chase me all across the map just to kill me, leaving the payload wide open.

I think I'm having more fun playing the objective while simultaneously pissing people off who have expectations of how the "meta" should be played.

Or, it's just Genji players who tend to have the worst attitudes.

Team comp is a real thing, but I always let it play out when someone picks something I deem retarded. However, getting yelled at for picking reaper is .. mindboggling. Reaper is good almost anywhere and played in most meta comps. Snipers are actually better on offense than defense if you can aim worth two shits and get picks. Mostly, people just need to worry about their own game more than what everyone else is doing, unless something is clearly amiss (only healer is zenyatta, only tank is winston, etc).

Anyways, I get super salty, but keep my rage contained. Worth nothing there are some really bad players in competitive, though.

Moonkeis

I had a Genji player trying to pick me off last night (Mercy), I proceeded to pistol/melee him like the bad dog he is. =p This wasn't a very good Genji, but he learned his lesson.

finalflame

I had a Genji player trying to pick me off last night (Mercy), I proceeded to pistol/melee him like the bad dog he is. =p This wasn't a very good Genji, but he learned his lesson.

Super satisfying to kill reapers/genjis/soldiers 1v1 as zero-suit D.Va. I can almost taste the salt through the screen.

Danj

Man, I don't even care about Sudden Death. Both teams have to score to get to that point. I'm just tired of being placed in games where I feel helpless, where my team picks the shittiest, most unworkable team comps.

I'm not a great player and I don't pretend to be, but I just see game after game being thrown because of stupid shit. For the record, I don't like it when I win because the other team is making suicidal stupid mistakes either. Less than when my team is making them, but still.

And I wouldn't give a shit if the game didn't keep kicking me while I'm down by lowering my rank every time a game goes wrong.

Like right now. Apparently, some dickhole is convinced that Bastion is simply the best pick EVER for KotH, no matter how many times he keeps dying. We don't have lucio or Zenyatta, the other team have both, and no one is listening. What in the everloving fuck can I possibly do about a game like this?

This. As I've posted earlier in this thread, it doesn't matter if you turn in the best performance of your life at these ranks, you still get your rank lowered by a shitload.

Did they up the drop rates? Bought the PC version yesterday and I already have two legendary skins (one being the olympic Zarya skin that I really wanted so whew) even though I'm only lv.6. That's already as much as what I have on PSN.

Also saw 3 people at a low level like I am using legendary skins.

ViviOggi

Man, I don't even care about Sudden Death. Both teams have to score to get to that point. I'm just tired of being placed in games where I feel helpless, where my team picks the shittiest, most unworkable team comps.

I'm not a great player and I don't pretend to be, but I just see game after game being thrown because of stupid shit. For the record, I don't like it when I win because the other team is making suicidal stupid mistakes either. Less than when my team is making them, but still.

And I wouldn't give a shit if the game didn't keep kicking me while I'm down by lowering my rank every time a game goes wrong.

Like right now. Apparently, some dickhole is convinced that Bastion is simply the best pick EVER for KotH, no matter how many times he keeps dying. We don't have lucio or Zenyatta, the other team have both, and no one is listening. What in the everloving fuck can I possibly do about a game like this?
Wrong mindset. If you want to win worry about the things you can influence, not whatever mistakes you may see in your teammates - i.e. how you can improve as a player. Sure, some games can be frustrating, sometimes you lose lots of rank points when you played well, but that's the nature of team games. And we tend to remember the bad experiences over the ez routine wins, or the games where you just phone it in while someone else was in the zone and carrying your team. Sometimes you just need to vent but after that it's important to not dwell on specific games, moving on and trying to look at the bigger picture.

Also remember that people you've never met before have no reason to listen to you, no matter how wrong or right you might be. You can make suggestions about team comp and if there's reasonable, team-oriented players chances are they're thinking about switches already anyway. Generally trying to convince randoms to do anything is nothing but a waste of time, more often than they'll double down on their stance and that's that.

Jokab

Has anyone been doing the Ana challenge over a longer period of time? Have you seen results?

How to:
- Create a custom game
- Go to Settings
- Skirmish mode
- Headshots only: On
- Damage modifier: 200%
- Ability cooldown modifier: 0%
- High Bandwidth: On
- Go back to the custom game, add 6 Hard AI Ana bots to Attack team

Rules:
- No rules. Do anything you want to get as many kills as possible.

finalflame

Has anyone been doing the Ana challenge over a longer period of time? Have you seen results?

I do it with McCree. I noticed my accuracy % getting better, but I don't particularly see it reflected in real world gameplay. Maybe a little bit. I've only done ~1 hour of it, though.

Owzers

I will not tolerate people disparaging my comp rank bracket, it's okay to be 50s. I'm going to play more comp next season, definitely want to start playing more with gaf people, I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised by how effective Attack Torbs can be.

ISOM

I will not tolerate people disparaging my comp rank bracket, it's okay to be 50s. I'm going to play more comp next season, definitely want to start playing more with gaf people, I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised by how effective Attack Torbs can be.

They can be effective and I have lost to attack Torbs but it's still not ideal and something that I would prefer not to chance with random pub teams.

Palmer_v1

I dislike the ranking system being a bell curve. Why not break people into percentiles and evenly distribute from there. Would people be too discouraged when they discover they're in the 10th percentile?

xaosslug

>_> <_<

Pilgrimzero

Explain to me what I am doing wrong with Pharahs Ult.

Enemy is grouped around say the payload.

I jump jet into the air or maybe just stand there at mid distance and unleash my Ult at them. Justice rains from above all over them.

Like one may die. WTF?

I-hate-u

Man, Ana is so fun to play. She has so much potential in terms of healing, and I like her sniper more than Widow's lol. Switching to Mercy after playing Ana is really jarring and slow.

Blizzard deserves praise, they did good with the sniper healer concept. Can't wait for Sombra.

Owzers

They can be effective and I have lost to attack Torbs but it's still not ideal and something that I would prefer not to chance with random pub teams.

I still fear Bastions, but with weakened Torb turrets i'm emboldened when i see Attack Torbs on the other team, doesn't happen often, only one game out of six that i've played lately but i'll take all the help i can get solo playing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gotta say after they buffed D.VA Junkrat became a bit useless, she absorbs pretty much all grenades.

Gaz_RB

You play Attack Torb unironically? Not to stereotype but I think that's the type of pick that makes people disparage your rank lol. Torb is honestly just a way to see if you can set a world record on how fast the enemy team can build their ults.

Prelude.

I jump jet into the air or maybe just stand there at mid distance and unleash my Ult at them. Justice rains from above all over them.

Like one may die. WTF?
You need to be pretty close for the ult to be at its max damage, if you're too high the rockets are just too spread out to kill multiple people at once. And, of course, you're super vulnerable when you're doing it so you have to sneak behind them and surprise them, otherwise they're just gonna focus you all at once since they're grouped up. Here's a few tips: https://youtu.be/3WWF-V87UGM

Yeah but on payload maps like Route 66 it's not really possible.

That's when you gotta sneak up on them from behind, or ignore D.Va as Junkrat cause you kinda lose that matchup. Pick off the quicker flanking heroes and/or the supports.

Most tanks you can send flying with the mine, but D.Va don't care.

You need to be pretty close for the ult to be at its max damage, if you're too high the rockets are just too spread out to kill multiple people at once. And, of course, you're super vulnerable when you're doing it so you have to sneak behind them and surprise them, otherwise they're just gonna focus you all at once since they're grouped up.

Just don't be me and clip buildings with rockets on Ilios and kill yourself with the ult...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That's when you gotta sneak up on them from behind, or ignore D.Va as Junkrat cause you kinda lose that matchup. Pick off the quicker flanking heroes and/or the supports.

Most tanks you can send flying with the mine, but D.Va don't care.

Nah too much work, nerf D.VA, buff Junkrat.

;P

Like one may die. WTF?

It does a lot more damage the closer you are so what you want to do is to sneak up behind the enemy team real low and let it rip. Too high and your dps will be garbage and you're asking to be shot down. Also don't ult a Reinhardt shield. If there's anyone behind it with a decent weapon they can kill you before it breaks.

Owzers

I've decided that anytime i play Pharah we are probably losing. It means i switched off a character i'm better at to compensate for something our team wasn't doing well to begin with and since i'm not good with Pharah that only leads to continued disaster.

I've decided that anytime i play Pharah we are probably losing. It means i switched off a character i'm better at to compensate for something our team wasn't doing well to begin with and since i'm not good with Pharah that only leads to continued disaster.

This is how I feel any time I end up switching to McCree.

xaosslug

Like one may die. WTF?

something I learned is that you still have to aim w/ da reticle when Pharah ulting. D'oh! I used to ult at a group all willy-nilly and wonder why I MAYBE killed one person, meanwhile I would witness enemy Pharah's wiping my entire team (never failing to hit me, of course!)... then it dawned on me while watching the rockets come my way on kill cam that the enemy Pharah was DEFINITELY targeting me... ha!

so yeah, try and aim at specific targets as the ult runs. Its not like Junkrat, D.Va or Reapers ult at all.

So, never?

;)

srsly tho, D.Va's ult isn't endless, and they will eventually try to shoot back or run, so just spam grenades. And pray. LOL

Had an interesting game this past weekend with 2 top 500 players on my team. Our team comp was good except for the guy who played Symmetra (SR 63, I was SR64 and we were the lowest in the game), once they broke through Numbani to start the payload... the guy just basically quit the game, he stayed in the spawn point spamming "Hello!" and just setting sentries in there, we of course lost the round convincingly. He continued with Symmetra on attack, I had to pick lucio (I'm not a good lucio) since this guy was obviously not going to play and we absolutely needed the Lucio/Zenyatta combo to even attempt to win. Needless to say, we barely took over the capture point and easily started moving the payload. The trolling Sym, figures out that we're going to win this with our without him (we made it to checkpoint 2 without his help) and finally starts to contribute (changed to Winston). We made it to sudden death and barely won (we had to defend).

I should note, our team didn't say shit about the Symmetra pick until the second round, in which someone told him if he could stop trolling with Symmetra. I don't think Sym is a bad pick on Numbani, but if you die within the first minute without doing any damage, you might want to reconsider the pick.

Moral of the story? Never give up.

The real moral of the story is, even if you consider yourself a tank/dps player, learn support characters so you can help the top 500 players carry you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom