• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is PSN shit for everyone or just me?

Trying to download the patch (200mb) and it says it's going to take 2 hours.

I'm using a wired connection directly to my router and my internet is 150 down lmao

You probably sabotage some of your matches with that pick. People get down super easily in this game, and picking Bastion/Widow/Torb will instantly kill some people's faith in the match, lol.

I don't think I ever picked him as my first pick. it was always a counter pick if we were getting our shit pushed.

Paltheos

Wasn't saying 4 was good. Just see people running it and never works.

Yeah 1 minute only 😂

My last couple nights haven't gone so well and, yeah, this is terrible. Really though what bothers me sometimes is how much I have to baby people. Allot of people are cooperative if I ask nicely, but the fact that I have to do this *at all* pisses me sometimes. If I'm in a not-super-nice mood and just ask roughly for a switch, some people won't switch off DPS/defense-hero-whatever out of spite? Stubbornness? It feels especially bad when I'm already playing tank/healer and request a second and still nothing. Dude, I'd switch if I could but I'm already playing that class and the specific one I think we need the most/I play the best. /OverWhine

Soulflarz

Banned
tried s2 with my old group that I hit top 100 with

is this what true smurfs feels like

it was braindead
meis walked into you
reapers didn't phase

in our 3 matches we didn't lose a single checkpoint/capture point.

That was ridiculous.

can you place 4500+ I want to

Gorillaz

Having major withdrawals since the free demo weekend.

Is there any news for what's coming up and when? When's the next character/map? Any new modes planned?

Are they going to buff any characters? Seems like there is a clear tier list with some of the characters, but Id hope more of them can be viable.

Symmetra seems useless for example, as her counterparts all seem to keep the team alive, while she relies on them dying first.

Also, what else can we expect for new playstyles/abilities/ultimates? Seems hard to add more things to the meta. Ana seemed pretty redundant, for example.

Off the top of my head, I think it'd be cool to see a support whose ultimate allowed their teammates to fill meter faster, and speed up ability cooldown faster too. Or a support character whose ultimate extended playtime by a few seconds, which would help extend some games when you're about to lose Overtime
Well all we know right now is Sombra has been hinted at for awhile. I personally think they will release her around the holdiays as a "bump" of interest for the game.Maps in general? probably not another one until after the holidays I think. Well see but I feel like they are going hero-map-hero-map.

Symmetra turrets were a bit more dangerous until july when she got the 30 percent decrease but even then she wasn't all that other then in certain situations. Alot of the meta for characters don't really catch on until some of the pro playes do it or unless you have just a straight monster play a character perfectly like that chick from S Korea with the Zarya.

That was the first time I saw the gospel of Zarya lol.

You probably sabotage some of your matches with that pick. People get down super easily in this game, and picking Bastion/Widow/Torb will instantly kill some people's faith in the match, lol.

I get a similar feeling with Ana, but some people know how good her healing can be with tanks. When everyone instapicks their DPS/Tanks, I'll pick Ana. All of a sudden the Zenyatta's and Lucio's come out of the woodwork. Being on PS4, I can't tell if they want to try the double healer (Zen/Lucio + Ana) meta or they just have no faith in the Ana heals. Unless they message me, in which case, no I won't switch Lucio, Zenyatta or Mercy.

I dont lose faith in a match faster than when i see a widowmaker in my team...
Scratch that seeing widowmaker on point B hanamura defence dropped it faster.

Luckily that match ended in a draw

Skii

Wasn't saying 4 was good. Just see people running it and never works.

Yeah 1 minute only 😂

Can't believe we managed to nick a draw from that. Absolutely shocking performance but hopefully Wenger starts playing Xhaka now.

Widow picks make me depressed. Prepare to lose.

If I see Widow picked on attack, I leave the game. I don't have time for that shit. Such a useless hero on attack. Genji/Hanzo/Dva make easy work of her.

Menome

So, I finally relented and picked up Overwatch today after the free weekend. I did enjoy the game much more than the few hours I gave it during the Beta, though I honestly still think Battleborn is the better (if less polished) game. Problem is it's taking longer and longer to find matches for that and I've at least got a few friends playing Overwatch.

I'm finding myself playing really well as Mei, Mercy and Pharah so far. I feel guilty about ever picking characters like Reaper or Bastion though given the stigma surrounding them. Definitely want to improve with Ana, it's just been a while since I've done some console-sniping so half my hits are going wild.

Jellie

Can't believe we managed to nick a draw from that. Absolutely shocking performance but hopefully Wenger starts playing Xhaka now.

If I see Widow picked on attack, I leave the game. I don't have time for that shit. Such a useless hero on attack. Genji/Hanzo/Dva make easy work of her.
Yeah thank Ospina/Cavani. So off topic right now.
So, I finally relented and picked up Overwatch today after the free weekend. I did enjoy the game much more than the few hours I gave it during the Beta, though I honestly still think Battleborn is the better (if less polished) game. Problem is it's taking longer and longer to find matches for that and I've at least got a few friends playing Overwatch.

I'm finding myself playing really well as Mei, Mercy and Pharah so far. I feel guilty about ever picking characters like Reaper or Bastion though given the stigma surrounding them. Definitely want to improve with Ana, it's just been a while since I've done some console-sniping so half my hits are going wild.
Think I got you on PSN already somehow. Mines Undignify. Name seems familiar. Are you like level 10 or were level 10 earlier today?
Don't really think there is a reaper stigma apart from every reaper seems to have an edgelord name.

HQzHEAP.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
There are console tiers?

No but the more you play console the more you should realize the PC tier lists don't matter directly.

I had a realization that since healers work about the same, and cause aiming is a lot harder, McCree is not top tier generally. That is to say, at the highest ceiling, I'm sure he is, but even at 75+ only some McCrees were near that point, plenty weren't, as such, I felt like other offense heroes were a lot better picks.

Now, that's not to say defense heroes are suddenly viable. A reaper is still always a better pick than a junkrat outside of like 3 maps, and hanzo is still an iffy pick, but that's not to say you can't use them ever.

I say this because people still tier-whore their main when picking a top tier and I'd much rather everyone learns a dps they can use instead of still going mccree when they aren't using him efficiently. You can argue "but at the top level", but if you're there already, you probably aren't sitting around for a tier list discussion anyways because you obviously know a thing or two as is.

Don't really think there is a reaper stigma apart from every reaper seems to have an edgelord name.

People claim he's braindead
To which I agree, most players still can't play him right

90% of people use the argument shift into ult, which is the worst use of his ult ever.

Jellie

No but the more you play console the more you should realize the PC tier lists don't matter directly.

I had a realization that since healers work about the same, and cause aiming is a lot harder, McCree is not top tier generally. That is to say, at the highest ceiling, I'm sure he is, but even at 75+ only some McCrees were near that point, plenty weren't, as such, I felt like other offense heroes were a lot better picks.

Now, that's not to say defense heroes are suddenly viable. A reaper is still always a better pick than a junkrat outside of like 3 maps, and hanzo is still an iffy pick, but that's not to say you can't use them ever.

I say this because people still tier-whore their main when picking a top tier and I'd much rather everyone learns a dps they can use instead of still going mccree when they aren't using him efficiently. You can argue "but at the top level", but if you're there already, you probably aren't sitting around for a tier list discussion anyways because you obviously know a thing or two as is.

People claim he's braindead
To which I agree, most players still can't play him right

90% of people use the argument shift into ult, which is the worst use of his ult ever.
Wonder if it's possible to bait support ults by wraithing in and making them think you are about to ult. Don't use him ever so wouldn't know. Usually play lucio so I'm normally on the other side of that engagement.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If a reaper wraiths into the middle of the group he's going to get so focused down that he won't make 1 kill even with death blossom.

Soulflarz

Banned
I thought mccree is now more viable with the new auto aim system?

I haven't followed OW for a month, do tell! I was using it as an example.

Wonder if it's possible to bait support ults by wraithing in and making them think you are about to ult.

No, you'll get melted, you should never be wraithing into places without very specific uses.

What has happened to reaper logic in the month I was gone?
I trusted you Antiwhippy!

Soulflarz

Banned
I completely disagree that McCree isn't viable on console. He's amazing, even with the harder aiming.

I was using it as an example
We both can aim, we both can use him :')

But we also are at a point where I think we could go mei and win, so our use of "oh yeah he's viable" shouldn't be advice for the average player.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The smarter play would be waiting in one of reaper's flanking spots, drop down into the middle of the group so people think you're about to ult, and just wraith away.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm just glad I've still managed to dodge any of those reaper name compilations. I am cursed to always get play of the game when I use him.

Jellie

I haven't followed OW for a month, do tell! I was using it as an example.

No, you'll get melted, you should never be wraithing into places without very specific uses.

What has happened to reaper logic in the month I was gone?
I trusted you Antiwhippy!

Get bubbled after wraith?
The smarter play would be waiting in one of reaper's flanking spots, drop down into the middle of the group so people think you're about to ult, and just wraith away.

If you aren't using it as you fall it's obvious you don't intend to ult.

Soulflarz

Banned
The smarter play would be waiting in one of resorts flanking spots, drop down into the middle of the group so people think you're about to ult, and just wraith away.

This bothers me. I'd rather just wait >_> or do damage and then find a better opportunity to flank for a multikill.
Then again I have a ridiculously aggressive reaper so it's probably not optimal in all ways.

Pls I was top 100 and optimus was top 500 in season 1. We're free to make statements and jokes about the state of the console experience..

Get bubbled after wraith?

Pray you have a Zarya, yep :p

finalflame

Pls I was top 100 and optimus was top 500 in season 1. We're free to make statements and jokes about the state of the console experience..

Not that I follow console Overwatch, just the tone in which the statement was made and your general sense of self-importance is off-putting, is all. Much humbler actual pro players (on PC, no less) out there, of which I follow many/most.

Soulflarz

Banned
Not that I follow console Overwatch, just the tone in which the statement was made and your general sense of self-importance is off-putting, is all. Much humbler actual pro players (on PC, no less) out there, of which I follow many/most.

Oh, yeah, I've been reduced to angst and snark regarding overwatch. Months of seeing people complain that their teammates were at fault has done this to me.
I'm not this way when actually playing with people I swear >_>

Redmoon

Finally decided to ditch just using my sound card to amp my DT 990 600o's and get a decent tube amp for them.

Its like re-experiencing atmos in this game for the first time. Game sounds so good.

finalflame

Oh, yeah, I've been reduced to angst and snark regarding overwatch. Months of seeing people complain that their teammates were at fault has done this to me.
I'm not this way when actually playing with people I swear >_>

No worries, I'm sure you're a great player and I didn't mean to be mean, was just kind of my knee-jerk reaction and I love that gif of Lucille rolling her eyes ;p

Cheers, love.

Jellie

This bothers me. I'd rather just wait >_> or do damage and then find a better opportunity to flank for a multikill.
Then again I have a ridiculously aggressive reaper so it's probably not optimal in all ways.

Pray you have a Zarya, yep :p

You play an aggressive reaper? Love aggressive reapers. Lots of lovely charge for zarya.
If you play with a zarya with a mic could maybe work. Probably not though.

Menome

Yeah thank Ospina/Cavani. So off topic right now.

Think I got you on PSN already somehow. Mines Undignify. Name seems familiar. Are you like level 10 or were level 10 earlier today?

Yes, we did the totally legit item-swapping on Dark Souls III earlier this year. ;)

Feel free to chuck me an invite or jump into one of my matches if we're both on!

Soulflarz

Banned
You play an aggressive reaper? Love aggressive reapers. Lots of lovely charge for zarya.
If you play with a zarya with a mic could maybe work. Probably not though.

Yeep, most reapers aren't aggressive without dying, kinda weird. And I get bubbled at times, I just never prepare for it.

No worries, I'm sure you're a great player and I didn't mean to be mean, was just kind of my knee-jerk reaction and I love that gif of Lucille rolling her eyes ;p

Cheers, love.

Nah, you can knee jerk, I realize I tend to be an ass in here :p

Jellie

Yes, we did the totally legit item-swapping on Dark Souls III earlier this year. ;)

Feel free to chuck me an invite or jump into one of my matches if we're both on!
Oh yeah. Never even got the chance to give those items to my friend after everything. Will do.
Yeep, most reapers aren't aggressive without dying, kinda weird. And I get bubbled at times, I just never prepare for it.

Nah, you can knee jerk, I realize I tend to be an ass in here :p

Had a game on Hanamura defense where the other teams average was about 200 more. The Reaper constantly just straight up walked through the choke got a pick and then I bubbled him and he got another before wraithing back. Even managed to save the point with death blossom after he was the last one left. Love reapers. Pretty much the same with roadhog.

Had a game on Hanamura defense where the other teams average was about 200 more. The Reaper constantly just straight up walked through the choke got a pick and then I bubbled him and he got another before wraithing back. Even managed to save the point with death blossom after he was the last one left. Love reapers. Pretty much the same with roadhog.

Oh man, I had a horrible match on Gibraltar defense the other day where the Roadhog just walked behind people, killed them, and did it again and again.

I'd call it out but no one would respond until after they were dead. Lots of "how did he get there?" on the mic when it was clear he knew the map well enough to sneak around.

woolley

I've started to use Zen more and am moving up the ranks a little faster. I don't know if I'm really doing it right but I'm basically just spamming the buttons. It's worked well so far but I'm not sure how much longer this will work.

Jellie

Oh man, I had a horrible match on Gibraltar defense the other day where the Roadhog just walked behind people, killed them, and did it again and again.

I'd call it out but no one would respond until after they were dead. Lots of "how did he get there?" on the mic when it was clear he knew the map well enough to sneak around.
Can't they hear his footsteps or was he crouch walking.
The game is VERY different from S1, soul.

I'm just glad you're back, and humble as ever. ;p
Eh I've found it pretty similar but the heroes I use haven't had big changes apart from speed boost nerf. I still get decent usage from speed boost though. Even got similar ranking with season 1 peaking at 70 and season 2 peaking at 3462.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom