• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was gonna suggest playing together some more but if we both want zarya might not go so well. Though zarya is pretty popular, could go zen+lucio. Did it with Joninder with reasonable success.
I never take Zarya away from someone else who wants her. But she's so damn good, if we don't have one, then I play her.

And the DPS thing really only applies to games full of masters which is what I was playing yesterday. If I'm above the average team rank then I don't mind going DPS.

On Illios and the platinum rank on our team just stole Tracer :( :(

Nazo

I had some really REALLY awful competitive matches the other day and it really put me down. Just ten minuets ago I tried a quick match on QP and I was immediately not having any fun.

I'm so god damn sick of playing with shitty teammates against fucking pro level teams because of the shitty matchmaking. Its the most discouraging thing imaginable. I have no idea how I'm getting paired up with these dudes either. I ranked diamond sure but for christ sake is it too much to ask for teammates that can even fucking shoot straight?

Its like the game is hellbent on not letting me have even the smallest iota of fun. I can't even causally pick Genji on QP to practice without getting my shit pushed in at all times by an army of fucking MLG Mcree players and the like.

I think I'm just going to put the game down for a few weeks and if I comeback and still not enjoying myself I guess I'll just uninstall the game and move on. I don't care how good I am at the game at this point, its not worth the headache (or my rising blood-pressure).

:(

Anne

Just got started on a new article about OW stuff that I hope ends up being pretty useful. Gonna be a minute before it gets done but the important part is taken care of.

NeoRaider

I don't have any fancy video capture thing like you console folks have. :<

Oh too bad. I barely see any Ana POTGs, actually i am not sure i ever saw even one.

Btw. I am on PC, not console and i am using Fraps. I thought that capturing video on PC is much easier compared to the consoles? You don't need anything special.

KiraFA37

Service annoucements for snipers controls: you can change the relative sensitivity when aiming down the sights under the hero specific settings when selecting a hero. Now my Ana's aim down the sights finally isn't sluggish anymore.

matmanx1

People take losses too hard.

It's not the losses I take hard, actually. It's the losses in which I am matched up with people who seem to have no idea how to play the game that really kill the fun.

I actually don't mind losing a close, hard fought game when everyone is contributing and doing the best they can. Actually, I would welcome that as opposed to what I usually get.

Just got started on a new article about OW stuff that I hope ends up being pretty useful. Gonna be a minute before it gets done but the important part is taken care of.

Looking forward to it.

Skii

Seen a few comps go with 4 DPS.

Yeah that team sheet is garbage. No Cech, Xhaka or a striker...

I rarely see any comp without 2 tanks working. The DPS have to be extremely accurate I'd assume for it to work.

No surprise we're already losing lol.

Jellie

I rarely see any comp without 2 tanks working. The DPS have to be extremely accurate I'd assume for it to work.

No surprise we're already losing lol.
Wasn't saying 4 was good. Just see people running it and never works.

Yeah 1 minute only &#128514;

So, does anyone know how the rank is calculated or is it still just a secret?

Haven't seen anything yet data wise, which is a bummer. I believe SCII was pretty hard to crack MMR calculations wise too, no?

As for PC capture, if you have the right kind of card ShadowPlay now supports overlays so that's cool.

It's how I captured the last few minutes of my Platinum rank up last night.

Just got an update of 220MB. Any notes out about this?

RIP Zarya.

patchday

I had some really REALLY awful competitive matches the other day and it really put me down. Just ten minuets ago I tried a quick match on QP and I was immediately not having any fun.

I'm so god damn sick of playing with shitty teammates against fucking pro level teams because of the shitty matchmaking. Its the most discouraging thing imaginable. I have no idea how I'm getting paired up with these dudes either. I ranked diamond sure but for christ sake is it too much to ask for teammates that can even fucking shoot straight?

Its like the game is hellbent on not letting me have even the smallest iota of fun. I can't even causally pick Genji on QP to practice without getting my shit pushed in at all times by an army of fucking MLG Mcree players and the like.

I think I'm just going to put the game down for a few weeks and if I comeback and still not enjoying myself I guess I'll just uninstall the game and move on. I don't care how good I am at the game at this point, its not worth the headache (or my rising blood-pressure).

:(

we cant do anything bout your teammates. all we can do is give advice to improve your performance. What heroes do you play? How do you stack up to other players on the overwatch sites? its easy to blame teammates I do it sometimes too. And then I look at my stats and I'm like oh crap I played like complete butt

even if teammates are horrid should still be killin' if I'm DPS. Yer healer sucks? Get Soldier or soemthing like that

I feel bad, but I actually got bothered by a Mercy on our team.

I don't think she used her Rez once in 4 rounds of Lijang.

I think she was waiting for that sweet 4-5 man rez or something.

I said something to her, but I'm sure it didn't do anything. I feel bad about it now.

I said something to her, but I'm sure it didn't do anything. I feel bad about it now.
Why do you feel bad about it? She wasn't playing her character right, you did the right thing pointing that out.

Was it comp or QP?

I got one once when I grenaded an entire team right before Zen did his ult twhich rendered it useless... And then accidentally boosted Lucio who happened to jump right in front me looking at Reinhardt. Still annoyed by that since everyone in chat was like ???????????

Ana POTG's exist but absurdly rare for the following reasons.

1: Her ult doesn't credit her he POTG. Only the one thats ulted
2: Her offensive capabilities are limited.

Sym can get a POTG because of her turrets. Mercy's res is credited to her. So the only way Ana can get a POTG is to actually kill as many people without an ult. Every other class can easily get it due to their ults or offensive capabilities. Ana is lacking both.

edit: Shameless Ana POTG insert

GS7kxp0.png

So is this the first time they've shown the end of season rewards? If so, why aren't people more disappointed? The skill required to reach grandmaster is SO much higher than that to reach 60 last season for the same reward? Getting one gold weapon per season seemed like a fun achievable goal the way it was before, now it seems like an above average player can expect one every two seasons (~6 months) of play. Bit of a momentum killer in my opinion.

Plesiades

So is this the first time they've shown the end of season rewards? If so, why aren't people more disappointed? The skill required to reach grandmaster is SO much higher than that to reach 60 last season for the same reward? Getting one gold weapon per season seemed like a fun achievable goal the way it was before, now it seems like an above average player can expect one every two seasons (~6 months) of play. Bit of a momentum killer in my opinion.

Gotta stretch those rewards.

LiK

They fixed the POTG so no point using it now. :p

LiK

GS7kxp0.png

Holy shit, golden guns are way harder to get now.

I tuned in for a couple minutes (background noise while I'm working), I caught some glimpses here and there and yeah I don't think I heard it many times. I heard you lose your composure though, it wasn't that bad, sometimes the healer needs to commit to something especially when you guys needed to gain some momentum and you guys didn't die all at once.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Those rewards seem pretty shit, since most skilled people are probably going to cap out at diamond.

I think it'll take Season High so you should be safe even with decay and losing the tier.
Will it though? What's the point of being able to drop below if you still get the rewards? Street cred?

If you play 600 matches, you're most likely going to get a golden gun.

Literally anyone can do it if they put in enough time.

Yeah it's a time thing more than a skill thing really. Higher skill = less time.

Just like Hearthstone and Legend.

Also I didn't know Diamond had skill rating decay. I want to make it but I doubt I'll stay "there" Skill Rating wise.

Only 500 more to go! I climbed 400 last week, time to do it again!

So I need to reach Master if I want enough points for another golden gun. Hopefully, once I finally get to diamond, the matches will go better and it will be easier to rise. I neeeed that Ana golden gun.

Having major withdrawals since the free demo weekend.

Is there any news for what's coming up and when? When's the next character/map? Any new modes planned?

Are they going to buff any characters? Seems like there is a clear tier list with some of the characters, but Id hope more of them can be viable.

Symmetra seems useless for example, as her counterparts all seem to keep the team alive, while she relies on them dying first.

Also, what else can we expect for new playstyles/abilities/ultimates? Seems hard to add more things to the meta. Ana seemed pretty redundant, for example.

Off the top of my head, I think it'd be cool to see a support whose ultimate allowed their teammates to fill meter faster, and speed up ability cooldown faster too. Or a support character whose ultimate extended playtime by a few seconds, which would help extend some games when you're about to lose Overtime

I'm done with Comp for now. I've dropped 150 points today. Today just isn't the day for me.

At least I think I convinced a couple people that Bastion can be worth it. A few people actually seemed impressed by my use of him.

Ramirez

I'm done with Comp for now. I've dropped 150 points today. Today just isn't the day for me.

At least I think I convinced a couple people that Bastion can be worth it. A few people actually seemed impressed by my use of him.

You probably sabotage some of your matches with that pick. People get down super easily in this game, and picking Bastion/Widow/Torb will instantly kill some people's faith in the match, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom